Reduction in player count when using custom database set up

So, wasn't sure which forum to put this in, but I've encountered an odd bug when setting up a new game.

So I'm planning to start a game in the Welsh leagues with a few other leagues loaded. As per the screenshot below, a large database size gives me an approximate player count of 33,360.

1292337104_FootballManager2020_ChooseNations.thumb.png.9dff6bd93006dbd636a82646a683a9f3.png

However when using the custom database options to add all players of welsh nationality and those based in Wales, whilst still keeping a large database, the player count drops to 30,490. This seems to be constant irrespective of database size selected. It seems that it defaults to the small database count.

1455067538_FootballManager2020_ChooseNations-2.thumb.png.27a8b3651c80a2b041db69f6fc0fdc8e.png

Don't know if anybody else has noted this? Don't recall it being an issue in the Beta?

Me too

20191119122616_1.thumb.jpg.ef5b3f2a01f772fbd2bcf067fa67cbfa.jpg20191119122609_1.thumb.jpg.a797d6796855802692d39b829a4a6427.jpg

when i change from small to large, the player count remains the same

frustrating as first day, i can't even set up a file how i'd like

p.s, nothing to do with the huge database added. this problem happened in beta, happens when i also delete the huge database from my files

Somebody has seen fit to move this post to the database and research forum, which I assumed was just for data issues. But nevertheless if anyone here can give some feedback on the above issue all the better!

A simpler way to illustrate it is the following. If I set a game up with just English League 2 and above with a large database, I get an approximate player count of 14,160.

1557623551_FootballManager2020_ChooseNations-3.thumb.png.63305c71b959e3253bd27f06fbb525cc.png

Yet when I go to advanced options and select large database, and add all players of Irish nationality (for example), the player count drops to 10,480.

801882663_FootballManager2020_ChooseNations-4.thumb.png.b2aba025ae00c72c7e1f1a7be21cdbcf.png

It seems that using the advanced database set up, sets the base database size to small, no matter what size you select.

Can anybody else reproduce this issue? Or does anyone have a workaround? Because at present it is preventing me from starting a lower league save.

Cheers :thup:

On 20/11/2019 at 12:57, mattboy_slim said:

Somebody has seen fit to move this post to the database and research forum, which I assumed was just for data issues. But nevertheless if anyone here can give some feedback on the above issue all the better!

A simpler way to illustrate it is the following. If I set a game up with just English League 2 and above with a large database, I get an approximate player count of 14,160.

1557623551_FootballManager2020_ChooseNations-3.thumb.png.63305c71b959e3253bd27f06fbb525cc.png

Yet when I go to advanced options and select large database, and add all players of Irish nationality (for example), the player count drops to 10,480.

801882663_FootballManager2020_ChooseNations-4.thumb.png.b2aba025ae00c72c7e1f1a7be21cdbcf.png

It seems that using the advanced database set up, sets the base database size to small, no matter what size you select.

Can anybody else reproduce this issue? Or does anyone have a workaround? Because at present it is preventing me from starting a lower league save.

Cheers :thup:

it's preventing me from starting a new long term save too. i don't want add the stuff i want only for the database to be small...that's opposite to what i want lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Bigpole said:

any news on this perhaps? Is it even logged?

probably not to both questions. its mad frustrating. its been posted 4 times now and each time its being ignored...maybe we have to tag one of the developers or something because it seems to be just ignored

11 hours ago, Bigpole said:

bumping again, I hope I'll get an answer.

Looks like the only solution is to just keep posting this until they finally answer. I mean, i know it’s been seen, it’s also being ignored which is hugely frustrating 

1 hour ago, autohoratio said:

I think SI staff should see it if they're tagged in the thread... @Christopher Lewis @Glenn Wakefordis this being looked into?

I've had a check and I can see these are issues that have been logged on our system. I believe these issues above are with a coder at the moment. Thanks guys. 

3 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

I've had a check and I can see these are issues that have been logged on our system. I believe these issues above are with a coder at the moment. Thanks guys. 

Great news. Cheers 👍🏾 

• 1 month later...