Sports Interactive Community

I have a Dell Precision 5530 2 in 1 which has a Radeon™ Pro WX Vega M GL Graphics with 4GB HBM2 Graphics Memory

I’ve set the crowd to low and a few other preferences to medium, yet the 3D matches are a bit laggy and jittery, it’s says my drivers are up to date.

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

I have the same issue. FM19 was running perfect. Brand new Alienware.  On FM20, I set crowd to low, and I also went to Steam to verify file integrity but the issue remains after verification. In fact, the match is jagged regardless of the graphics quality set (very high, high or medium, all the same).

Edited by phd_angel
typo

Mine too; Since the 20.1.3 update, it slightly stutters during 3D-matches. Have the graphics set at High (as recommended).

Worked fine before update.

I have: Intel® Core™ i5-9300H (2,4 GHz) - Nvidia® GeForce® GTX 1050 (3 GB GDDR5)  -  8 GB DDR4 RAM  -  512 GB M.2 SSD

Edited by Toonrock

It's the same for me. This is getting silly. With FM19, it was completely stable from the beta onwards and every hotfix/update worked well but now FM20 is starting to feel like FM18, where almost every hotfix/update managed to break or compromise an element of the game that was previously working fine !!

Update. No more stuttering after Hotfix 20.1.4 !  Well, it's worked for me but I'm betting not everyone ? Let's see what the next update brings !

2 minutes ago, bartdude said:

Update. No more stuttering after Hotfix 20.1.4 !  Well, it's worked for me but I'm betting not everyone ? Let's see what the next update brings !

Weird becauae they not done anything to the optimization in the  ME..

But I'm glad its working for you with free lag  now

Me as well after 20.1 still with lag..

3 hours ago, Toonrock said:

Mine too; Since the 20.1.3 update, it slightly stutters during 3D-matches. Have the graphics set at High (as recommended).

Worked fine before update.

I have: Intel® Core™ i5-9300H (2,4 GHz) - Nvidia® GeForce® GTX 1050 (3 GB GDDR5)  -  8 GB DDR4 RAM  -  512 GB M.2 SSD

same

That's the weird thing because as you say Si have not claimed any changes to the ME but it's definitely better now. I should say though that after every Hotfix/Update it's always a good idea to delete your cache and reboot your laptop/PC.

I have found my 2D match to stutter somewhat especially as the players reach the penalty box.. this happened in FM19 but was sorted with an update. Its definately not my PC as its a fresh W10 install on a shiny SSD!

Yes, they haven’t fixed it yet, and no update from @Neil Brock since early this week. 

It is unbelievable that it can take more than a week to get something fixed that was working fine before 20.1.0. 

Not surprising because the moderators don't know what's causing it and will only suggest so when a hotfix is released. In the meantime they will either say nothing or defend the product, working from a script. The software guys/girls will hopefully sort it soon ! 

id love to hear from miles specifically about this lag..he is quick enough to be billy big balls bigging up how awesome fm20 is going to be new fetures which really lets face it are minor treaks to last years features....hes the one in charge of the whole thing so what is he doing about it is he telling the staff to get a move on? in my book anybody who couldnt do their job properly gets the sack correct?

2 hours ago, robevz said:

id love to hear from miles specifically about this lag..he is quick enough to be billy big balls bigging up how awesome fm20 is going to be new fetures which really lets face it are minor treaks to last years features....hes the one in charge of the whole thing so what is he doing about it is he telling the staff to get a move on? in my book anybody who couldnt do their job properly gets the sack correct?

MJ has dismissed the lagging as something only a few users have experienced and the moderators have stated that out of "around a hundred machines in-house" only TWO showed signs of lagging !  It's BS !! 

14 часов назад, Jesper9000 сказал:

Yes, they haven’t fixed it yet, and no update from @Neil Brock since early this week. 

It is unbelievable that it can take more than a week to get something fixed that was working fine before 20.1.0. 

They have no time! They find the money!

13 hours ago, bartdude said:

MJ has dismissed the lagging as something only a few users have experienced and the moderators have stated that out of "around a hundred machines in-house" only TWO showed signs of lagging !  It's BS !! 

2 machines out of a 100 means 2% error. In the world of tech, that's inadmissible!

Yet, I noticed that jaggedness slightly improved in my laptop. Still ways to go though... Not stable like FM19.... 

5 hours ago, phd_angel said:

2 machines out of a 100 means 2% error. In the world of tech, that's inadmissible!

Yet, I noticed that jaggedness slightly improved in my laptop. Still ways to go though... Not stable like FM19.... 

I agree, it inexcusable. I've gone back to FM19, which runs silky smooth, until they fix it. I just wish they had the balls to apologise and admit it's an issue !

On 25/11/2019 at 03:11, bartdude said:

its so wrong it doesnt matter if its 1 out of 1000000000 ppl..that one person isnt enjoying...my engine is ok to play but you can tell now & again ..during the game is fine its when a shot goes over the bar or something like that,soon as it leaves the boot of a player it judders....suppose 2d is the best option for now oldskool....i am familiar with the in-house comment tho as im sure they used it last year ...ive also posted a few topics a week or two ago which have also been unanswered meaning not actually replied to

Not only is it affecting my enjoyment, it’s giving me eye strain and headaches due to the jittery flow to the ME, which is really putting me off playing a game I just paid for. 

32 minutes ago, FM-Lee said:

Not only is it affecting my enjoyment, it’s giving me eye strain and headaches due to the jittery flow to the ME, which is really putting me off playing a game I just paid for. 

I think you should go see an optician if you suffer with headaches due to lag :D SI has confirmed they are working on a fix, so let's hope they will release it today. 

34 minutes ago, bitzu_rock said:

Hi! I have same problem with the 3D lags..but i observed that if you use TV/Sideline camera instead of Director...it works a little better.

It's not down to you to change the perspective in order to play the game, it's for Si to give you the product you paid for !!! If you don't shout long and hard, nothing gets done !!

Edited by bartdude

3 hours ago, bartdude said:

It's not down to you to change the perspective in order to play the game, it's for Si to give you the product you paid for !!! If you don't shout long and hard, nothing gets done !!

Yes...i know that and you are right...i just wrote that in case someone plays the game now and wants to see better the match..just an advice until it will be fixed....of course they need to fix it.

The administrators and moderators don't even answer topics about braking in a 3D match. It's definitely a sign :D

7 minutes ago, BrAnD1990 said:

The administrators and moderators don't even answer topics about braking in a 3D match. It's definitely a sign :D

Yesterday one of then said they working  on a fix to it

So we have  to be patient I'm afraid 

5 минут назад, GOODNAME сказал:

Yesterday one of then said they working  on a fix to it

So we have  to be patient I'm afraid 

I have been patient for a week, but patience is not unlimited :)

I have never faced anything like this. I want to play this game but I must to change skin and I have to delete cache at intervals. Well, good job SI.

Edited by Blackwolf

5 hours ago, Blackwolf said:

I have never faced anything like this. I want to play this game but I must to change skin and I have to delete cache at intervals. Well, good job SI.

Sorry, why do you need to change skin and delete cache at intervals? How does it help with game processing? Thanks in advance.

5 dakika önce, phd_angel said:

Sorry, why do you need to change skin and delete cache at intervals? How does it help with game processing? Thanks in advance.

I need to change skin and delete cache at intervals. Because SI didn't fix the ME lags since 20.0.3. When I playing on 2d, fps drops 60 to 40 and its really annoying.

im enjoying 2d currently..i know everyone or most want 3d like me but i played this game since 1992 before 3d was invented so i dont mind going back to my roots for now ;)

I read somewhere that if you use a custom skin it fixes this problem, my game didnt stutter terribly but i thought id try it and it definitely sped things up. I also read somewhere that using a custom skin then reverting back to a default skin also fixes the problem but i havent tried this.

Edited by Wv10wanderer
spelling

The silence from Si is deafening. They're either in total denial or bricking it and frantically working on a solution. I'd suggest MJ is ranting right now and balling out the software team. It's shameful that a relatively basic graphics engine fails to work for many, like me who have high-end PC's, more than capable of running everything currently out there at their maximum settings !!! Also, before some moderator, working from a script requests data from my PC, I will refuse because it's nonsense and not our problem. We've paid for a product that doesn't perform !!  P.S. Updated to Nvidia driver 441.41 yesterday and it's even worse !! FM19 still runs silky smooth !

Edited by bartdude

There is very little comment from the developers.

They should be keeping people up to date as there is evidently quite a number of threads on this issue but no indication of a potential solution.

They always say to post any issue but never seem to respond much to people it seems.

The communication or lack of communication is a joke! You clearly have a huge issue with your match engine, and you stay silent for days. 

A proper game developer would have released a statement, apologised and kept their customers and users updated. 

I know tech can be challenging, from time to time, but it´s really not okay to be sitting here (for over a week now), not being able to play the game that you´ve bought and love.

The ME looks so promising imo (besides from the side-net-shotting-bug :)), and then all of the sudden it goes from smooth 3D - to stuttering 3D play... It´s really frustrating SI.

Simply don´t get, why it´s all ´CIA-secret´ - By keeping us informed on a regular basis, you would also be met with that more of understanding and patience (basic psychology really).

And in truth, I´ll say we´re owed that as customers and buyers of the product.

Edited by Toonrock

14 часов назад, bartdude сказал:

The silence from Si is deafening. They're either in total denial or bricking it and frantically working on a solution. I'd suggest MJ is ranting right now and balling out the software team. It's shameful that a relatively basic graphics engine fails to work for many, like me who have high-end PC's, more than capable of running everything currently out there at their maximum settings !!! Also, before some moderator, working from a script requests data from my PC, I will refuse because it's nonsense and not our problem. We've paid for a product that doesn't perform !!  P.S. Updated to Nvidia driver 441.41 yesterday and it's even worse !! FM19 still runs silky smooth !

And add nothing to acquire. There are no decisions, from administration silence, second week there is no opportunities play from-for problems in their game, under this money paid..

5 часов назад, HUNT3R сказал:

There has been communication.

Very well. Wait the now how many?! Before the release of FM21? The money has been paid for a long time, it is still impossible to play!

10 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

There has been communication.

Hallelujah! Information that it is investigated, and then radio silence for 4 days. The game has been unplayable for more than a week now. 

What will our compensation be? I have tried to get a refund, but it was not possible. 

Here is my tips (i have now smooth ME) :

1. Use Material Skin Skin

2.  Nividia Control Panel

*-Power management mode - Prefer maximum performance
*-Threaded optimization - ON
*-Triple buffering - Off
*- Vertical Sync - Fast

3. In the match settings 

* Shadows - Off

* (only if still lag) - Crowd quality - Low

8 часов назад, GOODNAME сказал:

Here is my tips (i have now smooth ME) :

1. Use Material Skin Skin

2.  Nividia Control Panel

*-Power management mode - Prefer maximum performance
*-Threaded optimization - ON
*-Triple buffering - Off
*- Vertical Sync - Fast

3. In the match settings 

* Shadows - Off

* (only if still lag) - Crowd quality - Low

That is, when the gland which should pull ultra settings I should set the minimal salary, and the video card to dig? Delirium. Let work better its make and not fed promises!!

On 28/11/2019 at 17:14, Jesper9000 said:

Hallelujah! Information that it is investigated, and then radio silence for 4 days. The game has been unplayable for more than a week now. 

What will our compensation be? I have tried to get a refund, but it was not possible. 

@Jack Joyce and @Neil Brock any update? Please let me know, how I can get a refund or compensation? I got it rejected from the retailer. 

On 25/11/2019 at 22:17, bartdude said:

I agree, it inexcusable. I've gone back to FM19, which runs silky smooth, until they fix it. I just wish they had the balls to apologise and admit it's an issue !

Same here, Fm20 unplayable ATM.

On 29/11/2019 at 04:58, BrAnD1990 said:

That is, when the gland which should pull ultra settings I should set the minimal salary, and the video card to dig? Delirium. Let work better its make and not fed promises!!

Great stuff mate - IT WORKS!!!

9 hours ago, elmastrich said:

Great stuff mate - IT WORKS!!!

glad you made sense of that because i didnt understand a bloody word haha like unai emery talking what the hell is a gland which pulls ultra settings lol  also he digs the video card :cool:

Edited by robevz

I know it's frustrating. I can tell you that SI is still looking into this. 

4 minutes ago, Scorchedbee said:

Do we have any communication on an update reg this? I cant play FM20 with frame rates varying from 10-75, and its quite frustrating tbh

Have you tried the steps GOODNAME listed on the first page?