Sports Interactive Community
Originalblaney

Huawei MediaPad T3 - can’t play matches it just crashes can only do instant result mode

Hi All,

I'm happy to announce that we have just released update 20.2.2 which should fix the game freezing when going into a match.

Thank you so much for you patience during this, I appreciate that it's been frustrating.

Please let us know if this is now working for you.

Cheers,
Adam

Does it work? I stlll have not managed to update.

Edited by Gerara

Yes, seems to run ok now. Not as fast as one would have hoped (quite a bit slower than FM Touch 19), but it does work. 

After the new update, even 2D match view is laggy. This is a real nightmare . It is ridiculous. You released a broken game.No testing at all. Just released to make profit Accept it or not, Sports Interactive does not respect their customers. It is a shame. 

Would be good to hear if there are any planned subsequent updates designed to address this issue... or if this is even being looked into at all... 

Hi,

Yes this is being looked into as we always want to try and improve performance on lower end devices but being lower end it will never be perfect unfortunately.

Also every year the match engine is improved and that can affect lower end devices more than higher end.

We are looking into this though and hope to make improvements in future updates but can't confirm that right now.

Cheers,
Adam  

But the thing is that you cannot make it run at all even on higher end devices such as sony xperia z4 tablet. I see...We have to play lagging 2D matches. I will ask for a refund. It is unacceptable. It needs to be fixed. 

Hi @Gerara,

The Sony Xperia Z4 is not that high end anymore hence why we no longer support it, it's two years older than the Huawei T3. 

If you would like to request a refund then please do so by emailing help@sega.co.uk with a proof of purchase.

Cheers,
Adam

7 hours ago, Adam Bell said:

Hi,

Yes this is being looked into as we always want to try and improve performance on lower end devices but being lower end it will never be perfect unfortunately.

Also every year the match engine is improved and that can affect lower end devices more than higher end.

We are looking into this though and hope to make improvements in future updates but can't confirm that right now.

Cheers,
Adam  

Thanks Adam. I don't think anyone really expects it to be perfect, but it would be nice to see it being able to run at an least serviceable pace. As it is, it is just about bearable, but it can occasionally really crawl. 

All we can see is frames. Try it yourself. You had the option not to make it compatible. Probably there are too many with Huawei Mediapad T3 tablet,  and your possible  profit is huge.  An acceptable answer would be that you will make whatever it takes to make the game playable asap, instead of cheap excuses about low end devices and suggesting me to ask for a refund. 

Do any of these updates fix the google play store saying our Huawei T3 8 tablet is not compatible with the game?

thats been my issue and nothing stated in these forums about this?

Posted (edited)

Any news for the update that will make the game playable?

Edited by Gerara

Hi,

No more news for now I'm afraid, we are always looking at improving performance so if we have any news on this with any future updates I will let you know.

Cheers,
Adam

Thanks for the answer but this is not about improving performance. It is about making the game playable.

Yeah, this is quite disappointing to be honest. As above, nobody is expecting it to run in the way it would on a high performance device. But it would be nice if it at least ran at a serviceable speed.

Can we expect that the update will improve performance? Can you confirn that 20.2.4 solves the issue?Is 2D match free of lag?

Edited by Gerara

Well i got a lucky escape there literally about to order this tablet! why hasnt this been removed from the compatible list!?