Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
dblows

Loaning players as a Vanarama National League South Side

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but in previous Fms I’ve been able to sign players on loan without having to pay wages.  But in this each team is insisting I pay full wages, with Oxford Cities wage budget that means I can’t loan anyone

5539151F-2D39-4F26-9B77-842B6E810912.png

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch, your feedback has been passed on and will be investigated by our Dev Team.

We'll keep you updated if/when there is any more information to report. 

Thanks again,

Harrison

I've signed a few players on loan for less than 100%. 

I've either negotiated harder or you're maybe setting your sights too high 🤣

I fully get the concept of negotiation! 

It's more that in previous versions of the game, when managing in the non league, league one and league two clubs would be happy to loan you players without a wage contribution in exchange for playing time - which is incredibly important with how small the wage budgets are (Oxford City in the VNS only has a £2,600 wage budget).  However in this, and in not sure if it's intentional or not, no one is willing to loan even their youngsters out for less than full wage contribution (I did try and put it to 0 and get laughed out the door...).

I've started the season with a squad of 15 players and 3 reserve players, going to be tough!

On 19/11/2019 at 17:32, dblows said:

I fully get the concept of negotiation! 

It's more that in previous versions of the game, when managing in the non league, league one and league two clubs would be happy to loan you players without a wage contribution in exchange for playing time - which is incredibly important with how small the wage budgets are (Oxford City in the VNS only has a £2,600 wage budget).  However in this, and in not sure if it's intentional or not, no one is willing to loan even their youngsters out for less than full wage contribution (I did try and put it to 0 and get laughed out the door...).

I've started the season with a squad of 15 players and 3 reserve players, going to be tough!

Was only joking about the negotiating bit!

get it’s tough down the bottom, I’m a lower league manager for every FM and that first season with players not good enough for the wage they’re on and not being able to shift is a nightmare. Just completed my first season with welling and got promoted, but released 90% of the squad for the New season haha.

it may be that this game is better reflecting real life where more clubs insist on a wage contribution to send players on loan. It might also be that you’re targeting players deemed to be better than the standard of the league therefore to make it worth their while they are insisting on the wage being met.

hard to tell without perhaps providing more of a list of players you’ve tried so they can assess. 

It’s a weird one, basically I get asked for 100% contribution from every player I bid for - from league one, two and the national league.  To add to the frustration other teams in my league are happily loaning players with 0% contribution.  So I do think this is a bug.  Just tried a new save to see if it was a one off and am getting the exact same problem.  Anyway I’m persisting with it!  Well done on getting promoted with Welling btw, they’re down in 15th in my save!

I usually start as a lower league manager so I'm posting in this thread to make it easier for me to track. I remember the days of the LLM section of the forum. Just reading a thread on what happened to it. 

Can't really play LLM without getting cheap/free loan players in, 

8 hours ago, dblows said:

It’s a weird one, basically I get asked for 100% contribution from every player I bid for - from league one, two and the national league.  To add to the frustration other teams in my league are happily loaning players with 0% contribution.  So I do think this is a bug.  Just tried a new save to see if it was a one off and am getting the exact same problem.  Anyway I’m persisting with it!  Well done on getting promoted with Welling btw, they’re down in 15th in my save!

I know this is a bit of a pain for you.......

but is it worth trying a new save with a different team with roughly the same expectation and see. Thinking with my tester hat on, it’ll all be bout combinations for the guys at SI to work out if it is an issue.

so try a similar team and then the same players, similar team different players, better team same players.

record those combinations and maybe see if their is a correlation or an answer you could come up with

Hi,

In this year's edition of the game some amendments were made to the loan market as we felt Users were able to loan players too cheaply.

Following a discussion, which included your feedback, we've decided that players on really small wages can still be loaned for zero but Users will have to pay more wages for loan players in general and in return will tend to receive better offers than in previous versions; although the second point doesn't relate so much to those of you who are managing in the National League!

These changes should now be included in the latest update so please check and let us know. Of course we are still open to your feedback.

Thanks,

Harrison