Sports Interactive Community
Ayal

Media keys aren't recognized by other programs when FM is in focus

I play music from Spotify usually while I'm playing unless I'm listening/watching something else. I also use the media keys on my keyboard and rebound buttons on my mouse to control my music so I don't have to Alt+Tab every time I want to change a song. For some reason FM blocks these media keys from working. This issue does not exist with any other game I play (to my knowledge) or software (that I haven't instructed intentionally to block the media keys) therefore I'm lead to believe that this is an issue with FM blocking the media keys from interacting with other programs.

This has been an issue in FM for years but other than a "we're looking into it" once I haven't gotten a response.

If it matters (though I doubt it does because I've used different hardware multiple times) my mouse is a Logitech G502 and my keyboard is a Logitech G610.

Having just spent an entertaining five minutes trying to persuade FM to take a screenshot via F12 or Alt+F9 rather than having to Prt Scrn/paste into Paint/save, I can also report that it allows Fn+F# to work as media keys (volume, etc., changes normally as per my laptop's normal media key behaviour) on my laptop, but blocks the F# keys from working as F# keys instead.

Edited by cregan

On 19/11/2019 at 17:46, Michael Mallia said:

Hi @Ayal, thanks for your post. This is now under review internally.

Any updates on this?