Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

Summary: The editor is running incredibly slow. Even with 0 changes to a file.

Description of Issue: Just any usage of the editor. All of it is so slow. Trying to paste something in with CTRL + V and I literally have to press it 5 times before it decides to paste it in. It's not a problem anywhere else (browser, notepad, Word etc.) so it's the editor.

Steps to Reproduce: Open the editor. Try anything. Heckin slow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey @motdattan - Does the regular game run slowly or is it just the editor that is slow? 

I haven't played the game yet, but it's definitely something with the editor, since everything else on my pc runs fine. But in the editor doing things like CTRL A, CTRL C and CTRL V take multiple tries before they actually work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, motdattan said:

I haven't played the game yet, but it's definitely something with the editor, since everything else on my pc runs fine. But in the editor doing things like CTRL A, CTRL C and CTRL V take multiple tries before they actually work.

There is a known issue with CTRL C etc not working on some attempts. To clarify, do other things in the Editor (such as selecting fields with a mouse, changing fields by typing in) act slowly too?

If so, which operating system are you using? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

There is a known issue with CTRL C etc not working on some attempts. To clarify, do other things in the Editor (such as selecting fields with a mouse, changing fields by typing in) act slowly too?

If so, which operating system are you using? Thanks

Not selecting fields, but searching for a player is very slow. Even if I enter someones exact name and it only shows 1 result. This counts for all the places you search for players. But if I'm searching for clubs, that doesn't happen.

I'm using Windows 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/11/2019 at 12:09, Freddie Sands said:

There is a known issue with CTRL C etc not working on some attempts. To clarify, do other things in the Editor (such as selecting fields with a mouse, changing fields by typing in) act slowly too?

If so, which operating system are you using? Thanks

For me it's also slow when hovering over players etc. But yes, both the main game and the editor are running slow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/11/2019 at 13:13, motdattan said:

Not selecting fields, but searching for a player is very slow. Even if I enter someones exact name and it only shows 1 result. This counts for all the places you search for players. But if I'm searching for clubs, that doesn't happen.

I'm using Windows 7.

 

On 20/11/2019 at 15:33, deco-silva86 said:

Here too, and the copy and paste function does not work using the mouse in the shortcuts Ctrl C and Ctrl V work, waiting for some correction.

 

On 20/11/2019 at 21:35, motdattan said:

Yeah, it's mainly the copying and pasting that is slow as heck.

 

On 21/11/2019 at 14:27, linuxe said:

For me it's also slow when hovering over players etc. But yes, both the main game and the editor are running slow.

It would be worth clearing you editor cache folder (instructions below) and seeing if this has an effect.

If that doesn't work try uninstalling and re-installing the Editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Editing in Advanced Rules is horribly slow. Response when making change is 5-10 seconds... Comparing to FM 2019 Data Editor is really slow...

By the way, editing in Advanced Rules has always been slower than in Basic Rules... Why is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 horas atrás, Luke Cro disse:

Editing in Advanced Rules is horribly slow. Response when making change is 5-10 seconds... Comparing to FM 2019 Data Editor is really slow...

By the way, editing in Advanced Rules has always been slower than in Basic Rules... Why is that?

It is impossible to edit using the 2020 editor in a file with many changes, and by the way we will have to wait until March to have another version of the editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, deco-silva86 said:

It is impossible to edit using the 2020 editor in a file with many changes, and by the way we will have to wait until March to have another version of the editor.

I'm working on database with more than 90 000 changes... I don't mind if is editor little bit slower than before, but I say once again - editing in advanced rules has been extremely slow all these years... There's no need to mention other bugs which are not fixed for years too..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yip I am trying to mass edit only 439 players to add a language it has been stuck on the add for 20 mins

just to compare I have a high end build that mass edited all clubs in DB with a transfer ban in FM19 in under a couple of mins

36221a361a52e1a6cfbb570ff3f60425.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and if I check in task manager it doesnt show as not responding I can minimize the editor it isnt frozen

2d9b8e7f120480065442606ca7b6aa8d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...