Sports Interactive Community
cregan

Expected Coaching Badges/Playing Experience

When adding a new manager/starting a new game, the “expected for manager in...” doesn’t seem to work properly in terms of its range of preferred results, and if you select a new league to base on, particularly switching down the rankings, much of the time the old result sticks (so the Segunda B division in Spain might expect a Continental Pro license if you change to it from La Liga, but if you switch to it from the Allsvenskan (which for some reason experts no coaching badges at all!) it’ll remain at None.

(Those two results are the only two I’m offered across Spain, Italy, Germany and Sweden.)

Expected playing experience offers more of a range, but occasionally offers a blank (La Liga in particular) and seems to have much the same ‘sticking’ problem.

15 hours ago, cregan said:

Allsvenskan (which for some reason experts no coaching badges at all!)

This is because for the coaching badges, it is data driven. If it's none it's simply because they don't have a RL rule for it (or at least, set in the Database). If there is an error there for that league, it would be a data issue and not UI. 

We are looking at the issue you describe though with it not switching properly.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

This is because for the coaching badges, it is data driven. If it's none it's simply because they don't have a RL rule for it (or at least, set in the Database). If there is an error there for that league, it would be a data issue and not UI. 

We are looking at the issue you describe though with it not switching properly.

:thup:

I hadn't realised that "expected for League X" meant "minimum required for League X"; I'd assumed it was the same as the old "suggested level for this league" in previous versions of FM. If it's just the minimum badge requirement according to the league's own rules, maybe rephrase? "Expected" doesn't have quite the same meaning as "required".

I got suggested "none" licenses for Premier League and Ligue 1 when starting w new manager.

i dont recall what I switched from.

Edited by The Threadstarter