Sports Interactive Community
Alex Pitt

Football Manager 2020 Touch Official Feedback Thread

2 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Any chance the Canadian league gets added to the Touch version? I know it's an editor file add on for the full game but it would be really cool if this were integrated into FMT somehow. Always nice to have new leagues.

No plans I'm afraid. We've released Gibraltar for a few years and that's FM only, not for Touch or Mobile.

I have seen people talking about a lack of goals in FM20. Some people are saying it defends on the quality of chances, players decision making and composer etc. But I really think SI have done something that is making it far too difficult. I only scored once from all these close range opportunities. The game ended in a draw. 

73383715-5331-4CFF-9F5F-14B5D7FA7668.png

12 hours ago, Lucas said:

No plans I'm afraid. We've released Gibraltar for a few years and that's FM only, not for Touch or Mobile.

Thanks for the response, Lucas. One for the wishlist I suppose!

Just bought Touch 2020 on my iPad Pro. Loving it. I haven’t played FM in about 4 yrs. I played CM from CM2. I love the quickness of touch. Allowing me to get back into FM as I don’t have a PC anymore. I am finding it hard though. Managed to relegate my beloved Aston Villa. Couldn’t find a tactic that worked for me. Always conceding. Won 4 games all season. Lol. Anyway.  I’ll get promoted...hopefully.  

after the latest patch my tactics screen broke

i cant select my team as i have a quick select on the right of the tactics screen and it overlays onto the team selection. quite annoying. always have to fold the tactics screen to the small window jCClLA0.jpg

Im playing on a wifi only Samsung Tab S4

On Switch here but any chance of PPMs/traits being added somehow to the player's profile (even as an option from the drop-down sections like transfer info, contract info etc.)? 

PPMs can have a profound impact on how tactics work, so it is slightly frustrating that to see them for you own players you have to go into one of the their Development pages or for other teams' players you to have to go into their profile - Information page.

So I’m in the year 2029. Have taken Arsenal to new heights. Three Premier League titles on the trot and a couple of Champions League trophies on the way. A bank balance of more than £800 million, five star club & manager reputation. Yet I’m still unable to get the board to improve youth facilities.

My main concern with this is the same thing happened to me on last years edition of FM Touch for iPad. I was never able to fully upgrade my facilities. For me, bringing up young players through the youth system and moulding them into first team stars is my favourite aspect of FM. But I feel majorly restricted by the boards unwillingness to grant me these requests despite having all the reasons and resources to invest.

It’s not a case of stingy ownership as I’ve had multiple saves where the club has been taken over and still I can’t get them to upgrade the facilities.

I also am not given the option to make developing our own youth players part of our club vision or put clauses into my contract that require facilities to be improved.

The only reason I can think of as to why they repeatedly refuse my request in spite of my success is the fact that the number of season tickets we sell is about 15,000 under our capacity. However, I don’t believe this should be preventing a successful board request as many other clubs who make less from season ticket revenue have maxed out facilities.

The only other thing I can think of is that the game wants me to pay for the unlockable which I have no interest in doing.

So if I could get some advice on what the issue is with this particular situation or a statement that informs me it’s being looked into, I would greatly appreciate it.

Is there an announcement when the actual beta patch will be released on FMTouch? I mean it's February and I'm not able to play a proper Season without overloading 1 vs 1 and always the same highlights. It's really boring and I will give up when nothing happens in the next time. 

Thinking of buying the ipad version but will wait til it have got the update. Is it coming this week since it has been released on the fat version already? @Neil Brock

Can you confirn that update 20.2.4 solves the issue of bad 3D graphics for compatible tablets?Is at least 2D classic match view smooth and free of lag?

anyone has a problem in player profile, on the right top side, I can't click on "Action.."

edit: not just player profile page, I can't click "Action.." on all pages

Edited by rooneyviet

Ridiculous goalkeeper and centerback screwups are out of control in the new update. 3 out of 4 of my matches have included total clown show acts. Details in another thread:  

Fired the game up last night for the first time since early December. I've been awarded 9 penalties in my first 8 games. Scored them all. Anyone else experiencing anything similar? Maybe a freak occurance, I appreciate 8 games is a small sample size. 

On 24/02/2020 at 17:34, ivosilva said:

Not for Switch. As usual.

Check again. :)

Just looking for some advice please. 

I have bought the game on my Huawei tablet and it works fine until the game needs updating. I then don't have enough storage on the tablet so I need to uninstall the game and then install again which is frustrating. Is there anyway to keep playing the game without the need to update it all the time. 

Very disappointed that no dark skin has been added for tablet users a lot of people have wanted that, seems odd that, nothing’s been done about it! 

On 26/02/2020 at 11:23, Markham86 said:

I have bought the game on my Huawei tablet and it works fine until the game needs updating. I then don't have enough storage on the tablet so I need to uninstall the game and then install again which is frustrating. Is there anyway to keep playing the game without the need to update it all the time. 

You can turn off automatic updating in your Google Play Store settings. We are working on being able to do diffed updates on Android so you don't have to redownload all of the data when it's updated.

18 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

Very disappointed that no dark skin has been added for tablet users a lot of people have wanted that, seems odd that, nothing’s been done about it! 

The default skin is the successor to the Dark skin. In FM19 Touch we had Dark and Retro - we retired the Retro skin this year (RIP :() because it was rarely used and this way we can spend more time improving the default skin. We made some changes to how we inherit from the FM skin which will be why there are some elements which are now lighter in the default skin than they were in the Dark skin - I can suggest a setting to make certain elements darker in future versions potentially if there's strong demand for this.

9 hours ago, THFourteen said:

Final?

Traditionally the March update is almost always the final one unless there's a gamebreaking bug.

First impressions are pretty good. It's very smooth. Also, the assistant manager doesn't keep arranging a thousand friendlies. Hallelujah!

Hello, apologies if this has been covered before but I cant seem to find straightforward answer anywhere.  Thinking of buying the Touch PC version but want to know if it enables multiplayer - ie managing, say a premier league, championship and national league side simultaneously in the same saved game? Thinking specifically for Touch on PC. Thanks in advance.

9 hours ago, seventytwo said:

Hello, apologies if this has been covered before but I cant seem to find straightforward answer anywhere.  Thinking of buying the Touch PC version but want to know if it enables multiplayer - ie managing, say a premier league, championship and national league side simultaneously in the same saved game? Thinking specifically for Touch on PC. Thanks in advance.

You will have to unlock national management in game but yes you can simultaneously manage different teams in the PC version.

6 hours ago, seventytwo said:

Thanks @rafaelbenitez Appeciated. What's the significance of unlocking national management in this instance?

In FMT, national management is an "unlockable". You can either pay to get rid of it or unlock it by winning manager of the year in a league.

12 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

In FMT, national management is an "unlockable". You can either pay to get rid of it or unlock it by winning manager of the year in a league.

So do I need to unlock this before I can play multiplayer at all? 

1 hour ago, seventytwo said:

So do I need to unlock this before I can play multiplayer at all? 

You won't be able to manage a national team, so yes.

42 minutes ago, right_winger said:

@rafaelbenitez You probably misread as @seventytwo was asking about a National League team which is lower division in England therefore nothing to do with unlocking National Management.

:lol:

You're right. My bad.

On 14/02/2020 at 11:55, superposh said:

Fired the game up last night for the first time since early December. I've been awarded 9 penalties in my first 8 games. Scored them all. Anyone else experiencing anything similar? Maybe a freak occurance, I appreciate 8 games is a small sample size. 

Yes, experiencing the same. I'm hoping this issue will go away after I play more games.