Football Manager 2020 Touch Official Feedback Thread

17 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

Can I ask why isn’t there an dark skin as it kinda now means I can’t play that long as my eyes can’t handle white backgrounds! It’s my only negative so far, please bring back an Dark mode as I’m sure a lot of people play the game also in bed at night times on there tablets 

@Lucas any chance of getting someone to answer please as kinda need to know if will be an dark Skin on iPad or not as if not going to have to unfortunately get an refund 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
1 hour ago, zakbrown96 said:

@Lucas any chance of getting someone to answer please as kinda need to know if will be an dark Skin on iPad or not as if not going to have to unfortunately get an refund 

There's no plans currently for a Dark skin as various changes this year to the User Interface meant it was no longer compatible. We're aware of the demand for a dark skin and will take this into consideration. 

26 minutes ago, Lucas said:

There's no plans currently for a Dark skin as various changes this year to the User Interface meant it was no longer compatible. We're aware of the demand for a dark skin and will take this into consideration. 

The skin is just to bright in areas where it’s just White background which is an nightmare for my eyes and Night time FM session on the IPad 

The last 3-4 years of iPad versions have been buggy for months after release and some obvious bugs never get fixed. It looks like FMT20 is the same, but at this point I’ve come to expect a lot of bugginess on release.

I’ll post specific bug reports when I have access to my laptop to share game saves, but so far there are a lot of delays moving from the main mode into match view and back again. The match engine is also unresponsive at times.

I do like the new development and club vision stuff though. This makes it worth persisting with all the bugs.

9 hours ago, rooneyviet said:

I can not click on players during match?

I'm managing low league team, not all players stats I could remember, in order to subtitle players, I need to know their stats, what their playable position, if they suitable to come on.

@rooneyviet You can see your players attribute by clicking on the shirt icon in the “tactics” screen.

but you can’t view your rival team players attribute...

Edited by Tzlils

1 hour ago, Declan Cahill said:

No networking option when talking to the board???

Is this a bug or is it just not a feature??? Because in club info it says affiliate/senior affiliate, but if you can't ask for them seems a bit redundant.

Great game 9/10 for me

The board sets up affiliate links on its own from time to time in FMT.

After a bit more playing time I’m loving 2020. The UI is much easier to get around and more responsive on touchscreen and not as fiddly/cumbersome and now with the match engine, the players are doing what I instruct them to do and doing it in a logical way. Still get the odd shot when he should cross etc but I can live with that. 

It does have two very small things I think need changing in an update:

When tapping the right hand corner arrow to bring up a drop down menu, I should be able to tap that same arrow to hide the mini/drop down menu. At the moment you have to tap elsewhere on the screen.

Last year, when double tapping on, for example support/attack/defend etc within the roles, you could read what that setting would do before actually selecting it. Now, it just selects it and closes the mini screen down.

Other than those two small first world problems and the fact that I still play on 2D because I don’t like the ME 3D graphics, I’m really loving the game. 

I have both versions now, one on the PC and one on my new tablet. PC version is fine. Not as user friendly as older versions since they optimised the layout for mobile use, but it functions well enough with enough settings to tweak to how I like it, much like the full game. 

This is the first time I've had a tablet able to run this version of the game, and it might be the last. Although it's essentially the same game, I can't customise the attribute colours, I can't minimise the sidebar to icons only, and worst of all the 3D match engine looks horrible. Surely, this can't only run smoothly on high end devices? Otherwise what's the point in making it compatible with others? It's jerky, mega lo-res, and just looks like something from an 80s management game. the 2D is slightly better but not by much. This is ruining my enjoyment of it, and the worst thing is, I can't find any settings to optimise it like you can on the PC version. 

I've also downloaded FMM on the same tablet, and this runs much smoother. The 2D engine, whilst not as advanced, runs really nicely, and I'm playing that far more than FMT on this device. 

Really disappointed as I was looking forward to playing this version on a handheld device, but it is what it is I suppose. 

First time I have had FM on anything but my laptop, but really enjoying the FM Touch on the iPad.  Having played FM on the desktop from the first Champ Man, here’s my future wishes/feedback:

• Struggling to improve morale without team talks or individual praise/criticism 
  • Would like to be able to download tactics/shortlists/skins direct to iPad without a PC

Other than those, I’m really enjoying it. Despite my initial concerns, I’m quite enjoying not having to focus on individual staff types (e.g. Attack Coach) and not having match interviews, which get a bit repetitive. 

Kevin

Love it. Playing my usual game (trying to climb from Serie C to Serie A) on my iPad Pro, I noticed a few things.

1. Players do not seem to respond to specific instructions (shoot less, cross earlier).

2. Quite a lot of penalty kicks, quite a lot of them failed.

3. Strange ball effects in crosses and sometimes in shots and corner kicks. Very... “bending”.

4. Goalkeepers a bit too good for Serie C (mine as well).*

Hope this is useful.

*EDIT: Perhaps it’s about the animation and not about the actual skill. Sometimes they seem to magically block or divert all balls rather than have to dive, react, etc. 

Edited by karimayed

The layout of the tactics screen on my tablet is awful. Hard to explain but I can't pick my team while having the expanded view of the formation. If I minimise the view of the formation I can't actually see the formation. Really frustrating. 

On 20/11/2019 at 20:20, Colorado said:

A real shame that player traits of players from outside of teams we are managing are completely hidden, it's completely unnecessary and a big negative for FMT. They are also too hidden away on our own player profiles.

Really disappointing tbh. 

I can’t even find them on my players profiles! Found them once by accident but never again!

Loving it so far. Niggle for me is the filters in squad view isn’t working. I.e I want to look at left sides midfielders.... the positions don’t de-select when clicking them. 

Also, on iPad 2018 I had no issues last year but it’s with this edition it’s running hot in 3D games and the battery drain is huge!

other than those, great game. 

Il 9/12/2019 in 09:10 , mattmccready ha scritto:

Loving it so far. Niggle for me is the filters in squad view isn’t working. I.e I want to look at left sides midfielders.... the positions don’t de-select when clicking them. 

Also, on iPad 2018 I had no issues last year but it’s with this edition it’s running hot in 3D games and the battery drain is huge!

other than those, great game. 

Same for me. Hot iPad and big battery drain.

Is there a way to view confirmed transfers or transfer offers other than seeing them for a split second when you forward the game? Would be good to see an overview of transfers as they get confirmed via an email in your inbox? Not all signings but especially from ones in and out of your league. 

Edited by StanSuede

1 hour ago, StanSuede said:

Is there a way to view confirmed transfers or transfer offers other than seeing them for a split second when you forward the game? Would be good to see an overview of transfers as they get confirmed via an email in your inbox? Not all signings but especially from ones in and out of your league. 

You can click on the world icon at the top, then navigate to your own country's section, and there will be a transfers section within that. That shows all completed transfers in your nation. 

To view specific league transfers, just click on the transfers section within the league you are viewing. 

And for offers, rumours, etc, there's the news section within each league section you can view, and sometimes the social feed will have news if you follow a certain player or team. 

One UI design that's annoying me this year is when I set up pre-season leagues or cups, these stay permanently in the competitions overview screen. I don't want to see them there, they are only friendly tournaments and as time goes on, it's clogging up that screen. 

This dude could well be the best signing I'll make in this year's game. A bold claim so early in its lifecycle, but look at him

image.thumb.png.506fc77ab221f2d95de61ae5b1fd0511.png

12 goals from 8 games, mostly in Europe. (Utrecht, Young Boys and Wolfsberger), and of the 12 goals, 8 have been 1v1s. 

Glorious. All this since the update yesterday. 

I've been playing fm for years on a laptop. First time i chose FmT. FmT 20 so far really good for me. Easy and quick play! But what i miss the most is the possibility to do teamtalks before and after the game. Also to speak to players in half time was something crucial for me to get the best out of my players. Do you guys know if it's possible to install the desktop version on a Samsung Tab S4? With Samsung Dex?Cause i love to play with the teamtalks feature!

Why is FMT on the Switch not actually FMT? Limited to only 3 nations (but no cloud saving which is why a max of 3 nations on PC / Android is a thing)

No unlockables or Editor (even though other Switch games have in-game purchases..... whould love No Sacking, Create a Son etc, and the Editor)

Certain commands can only be done via the touch screen....eg "right clicking" to bring up a sub menu. (Surely this could have been button mapped?)

I play FMT on huawei mediapad t3 10 (listed as compatible device).After the new update, even 2D match view is laggy. This is a real nightmare . It is ridiculous. You released a broken game.No testing at all. Just released to make profit Accept it or not, Sports Interactive does not respect their customers. It is a shame. 

1 hour ago, FelixLeon said:

Why is FMT on the Switch not actually FMT? Limited to only 3 nations (but no cloud saving which is why a max of 3 nations on PC / Android is a thing)

No unlockables or Editor (even though other Switch games have in-game purchases..... whould love No Sacking, Create a Son etc, and the Editor)

There is no editor on any version of FMT, only on the full fat game on PC. 

2 hours ago, FelixLeon said:

Certain commands can only be done via the touch screen....eg "right clicking" to bring up a sub menu. (Surely this could have been button mapped?)

Was just coming on to mention this - it was button mapped last year and I used it loads. Definitely means I need to change the muscle memory! 

11 hours ago, FelixLeon said:

Which commands are you referring to? I hope I'm not missing anything, but I'm using the - (minus) button for sub-menus. For example, when selecting multiple players to rest/scout.

Another Switch question. When I "instant result" - where ass. man takes over tactics and team selection - would that mean I'm technically on holiday and they would pick up awards etc., in my absence? Sometimes I like to skip games and the extra minute it takes to "simulate" adds up.

I have been playing FM for a long time, but in this version I seem to have so many issues defending. Defenders sometimes stop running, or even run away from the attacker. Players leaving the player they are told to mark. The worst though has to be defenders clearing the ball from their own corner to an opponent on the edge of the box. Seriously frustrating!