[FM20] [URGENT] Changes to 'client object browser' and 'add manager'

wkdsoul

So late on in the development cycle, SI implemented a change to two panels that unfortunately broke functionality for custom skins, which use custom versions of 'client_object/client object browser.xml' and 'human/add manager.xml', and added new code which if missing from your copy of the files, won't load the pitch or main menu. Luckily Sports Interactive were very quick to inform skinners of the issue and let us know how to fix it, and luckily its a very easy fix.

Personally, I'd recommend grabbing a new copy of the client object browser.xml and add manager.xml with the Resource Archiver and rebuilding the file from scratch, but that can be a lot of work so we're gonna hack it together for now.

Step 1: client object browser.xml
cob.thumb.png.3eef45bb2a3e80c9cb8b6085dcba8a9f.png

Old  -  New

Miss the change? Its very easy to, its just three or four lines of code.

<attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="false">
    <list id="get_properties">
        <record get_property="MatS" test_mode="0" value="true" skip_if_null="true" />
    </list>
    <integer id="set_property" value="hidn" />
</attachment>

We just need to add the following code, inside the list element, underneath the existing attributes,

<!-- PROP_FULL_SCREEN_3D_BEING_DRAWN -->
<record get_property="Ma3D" test_mode="equal" value="true" comparison_mode="or" skip_if_null="true" />

So it will look like the following:

<record get_property="Ma3D" test_mode="equal" value="true" comparison_mode="or" skip_if_null="true" />
    </list>
</attachment>

We just need to do the same for the 'match background picture' underneath

<!-- match background picture - covers entire screen -->
<widget class="picture" id="Mbkg" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="false">
    <record id="object_property">
        <integer id="get_property" value="bgnd" />
        <integer id="set_property" value="file" />
    </record>
    <attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="true">
            <record get_property="MatS" test_mode="equal" value="false" skip_if_null="true" />
        </list>
    </attachment>
</widget>

Thats Step 1 done, next up is add manager.xml

Step 2: add manager.xml
This one is also very simple, at the top of the panel, you'll have the following code. Just remove it, it's that simple. 

image.thumb.png.7cbb3bee7f47d883b902bfa3f2883f69.png

---------------------------------------

This should fix any issues, however if any persist just drop a message and we'll have a look! Massive thanks to @Neil Brock and the SI team for their assistance!

6 minutes ago, seagull84 said:

Has anyone got a copy of the standard dark skin with the above added to get round the current problem with backgrounds and pitch not showing? 

All help appreciated.

I've opened up the add manager.xml which I extracted from the panels, but it's slightly different to yours?

<!-- add manager panel --><panel consider_quick_start="true">

<!-- background picture - covers entire screen -->
    <widget class="background" file="backgrounds/add manager" id="bgnd">
        </record>

<record get_property="Ma3D" test_mode="equal" value="true" skip_if_null="true" />
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>
    <boolean id="save_session_state" value="true" />

I've highlighted the bit in red that you've said to delete in the opening post, but I'm missing the </widget> after </record> ?

6 hours ago, Watson156 said:

Thanks for the help with the client object browser.

I assume that if your custom skin doesn't have the add manager file then you don't need to worry?

yep exactly 

35 minutes ago, stevemc said:

I've opened up the add manager.xml which I extracted from the panels, but it's slightly different to yours?

I've highlighted the bit in red that you've said to delete in the opening post, but I'm missing the </widget> after </record> ?

if you didn't edit that file in the first place there's no need to do it now. 

Sorry, I have another concern, I notice in the two screenshots, you've deleted the "background box - covers entire screen" code (as highlighted in this pic) - is that why there is a cast over the 3D match engine to begin with, as when I remove this code, I then can't use my background packs because there is no opacity on the normal screens?

The rest of my skin works perfectly.

mgC9rvA.png

I basically want to cast removing from the 3D matches, but keep the cast on all other screens that act as an opacity overlay for my background packs to show through.

Edited by stevemc

42 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Sorry, I have another concern, I notice in the two screenshots, you've deleted the "background box - covers entire screen" code (as highlighted in this pic) - is that why there is a cast over the 3D match engine to begin with, as when I remove this code, I then can't use my background packs because there is no opacity on the normal screens?

The rest of my skin works perfectly.

mgC9rvA.png

I basically want to cast removing from the 3D matches, but keep the cast on all other screens that act as an opacity overlay for my background packs to show through.

nah that's unrelated. This code is all you need to change. I just removed that because it was remnants of last years skin 

Did something wrong here @wkdsoul :( 

4824995ee6a8ebe152c7aa7dc02c9fc2.png

!-- this file lists the global panels that should be installed -->
<panel>
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<container>
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<!-- background picture - covers entire screen 
		<widget class="background" file="backgrounds/default" id="bgnd">
			</record>
				</list>
			</attachment>
		</widget> -->

<!-- match background picture - covers entire screen -->
		<widget class="picture" id="Mbkg" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="false">
			</record>
					<record get_property="MatS" test_mode="equal" value="false" skip_if_null="true" />
				</list>
			</attachment>
		</widget>
	</container>

<!-- background picture - covers entire screen -->
		<widget class="background" file="backgrounds/default" id="bgnd">
			</record>
					<record get_property="MatS" test_mode="equal" value="true" skip_if_null="true" />
				</list>
			</attachment>
		</widget>

<!-- overlay -->
	<widget class="picture" file="backgrounds/overlay/30" scale_picture="true">
		<boolean id="keep_aspect_ratio" value="false" />
	</widget> 

<!-- match - covers entire lower part of screen when looking at a match -->
	<widget class="match_highlights_panel" id="full" pitch_unique_id="full">

<record get_property="nfsM" test_mode="equal" comparison_mode="or" value="true" skip_if_null="true" />
				<record get_property="dtty" test_mode="not_equal" comparison_mode="or" value="53" skip_if_null="true" />
			</list>
		</attachment>

<integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
			<integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
		</record>
	</widget>

<!-- tunnel interview scene - covers entire screen -->
	<widget class="picture" file="backgrounds/tunnel" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="false">
				<record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="mpPh" skip_if_null="false"/>
				<record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" comparison_mode="or" value="mpPa" skip_if_null="true" />
			</list>
			<integer id="set_property" value="Shwn"/>
		</attachment>
	</widget>

Nevermind, solved it :)

Edited by kun^^

Hello,

First of all I apologize if this is not the correct thread to post this. But since it might be client object related...

I don't like to use the 2d or 3d engine, so I wanted to use just commentary on match day but with my background, like the old days. On FM 2018, I used this great mod by michaelmurray, so that I could have my custom background.

The problem is that I tried to use it on FM 2020, the background shows up, but it has green overlay over it, and I don't know why. Does anyone know if there is anyway to fix this? Or if there is or will be a mod that allow us to have our background on matchday hidding the 3d?

Here's the green overlay over my background picture during a match:

Thank you in advance!

ewtg.png

Edited by Danny_Pt

12 minutes ago, Danny_Pt said:

Hello,

First of all I apologize if this is not the correct thread to post this. But since it might be client object related...

I don't like to use the 2d or 3d engine, so I wanted to use just commentary on match day but with my background, like the old days. On FM 2018, I used this great mod by michaelmurray, so that I could have my custom background.

The problem is that I tried to use it on FM 2020, the background shows up, but it has green overlay over it, and I don't know why. Does anyone know if there is anyway to fix this? Or if there is or will be a mod that allow us to have our background on matchday hidding the 3d?

Here's the green overlay over my background picture during a match:

Thank you in advance!

ewtg.png

See the top pinned post, the client_object browser from 18, will need the new lines adding. 

35 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

See the top pinned post, the client_object browser from 18, will need the new lines adding. 

Thanks for your help. 

So basically I just need to add that line to the the 2018 mod made by Michael Murray, or does that apply to any client_object file? 

Thank you. 

7 minutes ago, Danny_Pt said:

Thanks for your help. 

So basically I just need to add that line to the the 2018 mod made by Michael Murray, or does that apply to any client_object file? 

Thank you. 

just the client_object_browser the first two widgets (they say the cover the background & match backgrounds)

46 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

just the client_object_browser the first two widgets (they say the cover the background & match backgrounds)

Sorry, but I don't know what am I doing wrong, but I can't make it work. I did all you explained, copied this into the first 2 widgets of my client_object_browser

I disabled the 3d, I put commentary only, no replays, but I keep getting the 3d to show up and that green overlay over my background picture.

I just want to remove the 2d picth and have my own background picture with commentaries only. But I keep getting this strange green overlay over my background picture.

Can you have a look at my client object browser please? Because I did exactly what's on the pinned post and what you said.

Maybe it's something on the preferences? I don't know...sorry.

client object browser.xml

54 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

<record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" value="hilp" skip_if_null="false"/> <!-- hide on pitch view -->

remove that line as per.. 

Didn't work mate. I removed that line, did everything you said.

I mean, I can watch my background picture...but on matchday it has that strange green thing over it. Do you know what this green thing might be? This never happened on the previous FMs

Here's a pic of the normal background pic in game, and one the of the background pic on matchday...

This happens on all skins

green2.png

green1.png

Edited by Danny_Pt

7 minutes ago, Danny_Pt said:

Didn't work mate. I removed that line, did everything you said.

I mean, I can watch my background picture...but on matchday it has that strange green thing over it. Do you know what this green thing might be? This never happened on the previous FMs

Here's a pic of the normal background pic in game, and one the of the background pic on matchday...

This happens on all skins

green2.png

green1.png

If its all skins, prob wont work at all thn.  You'll have to wait for somone to make a workround, looks like its patched out with the new Ma3D code.