Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Svenc said:

ON a slightly different note, how is this supported on these boards? That's not defending the match engine. But it speaks to reason that stuff like that would further highlight any possible ME issue and then some. People expect to consistently tear defenses a new one (and to see some beautiful Football), and then they d'l tactics that force the opposition to cover the vast area the size of about a closet.

Then again, why does the game allow it, given its subject matter. :D 

 

In fairness, that's not too hard at the moment. The players just miss all the chances ;)

Edited by darthlemon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new summer FIFA Club World Cup feedback:

 

My club ended up playing it's two matches earlier, so the game decided to send all my players on holiday... So none of my player got the rest and recovery training and I lost match fitness(?) when the first match after the two group matches I have to play an unrested team, lucky for me it didn't injury players or cost us the game. I was "lucky" that I played my game late, so the game scheduled the final right away and didn't send my players on holiday again. Not sure I consider it fun to try to win a final against a top 5 team with 20% conditions on all my players.

 

I also saw someone who couldn't make Man Utd win it's matches, but he still was told he won the FCWC and it counted as completing the board objective. Though I think the game isn't updated and the board request is based on the old FCWC.

 

I've reported things like this since something like 2014, even used the bug forum at first, but since no one cares enough to fix any of it, I'm not going to put hours into making a real bug report that is simply ignored, because unless it involves the game crashing to desktop it doesn't seem SI care.

 

The final at least contained the best goal I've ever seen in FM, my striker played the woodwork to skip past the keeper and score., does that count as a one-on-one goal?. (Also the worst goal since keeper and defenders was frozen waiting for him to run past them as the ball bounced back from the woodwork. Also seems to be some weird physics going on, isn't balls supposed to bounce back at close to the same speed they hit the woodwork.)

Edited by Miravlix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand this new board happiness grading. I got a B- for match performance. 

I beat Barcelona 6-0 in the European Super Cup. 

You can't win these days... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Svenc said:

ON a slightly different note, how is this supported on these boards? That's not defending the match engine. But it speaks to reason that stuff like that would further highlight any possible ME issue and then some. People expect to consistently tear defenses a new one (and to see some beautiful Football), and then they d'l tactics that force the opposition to cover the vast area the size of about a closet.

Then again, why does the game allow it, given its subject matter. :D 

6cPBNUZ.png

I'm guessing, (vertical) tikitaka preset? Narrow width and lower tempo against packed defense is not most fortunate combo. Bayern didn't do really well in my BL save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I'll prod someone to give you a reply, or mark the thread as seen

Thanks. Do all bug reports get looked at? I've submitted nine so far for FM20 and most have had no reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

Thanks. Do all bug reports get looked at? I've submitted nine so far for FM20 and most have had no reply.

Yes, even if it's a known issue every bug report gets looked at and (if relevant information is included such as a pkm) will be logged for further review and investigation (or combined into known issues).  Replies or even just a simple acknowledgement would always be welcome but unfortunately it's just not always possible given the workloads.

I know it can suck a bit when you've put in lots of effort to report issues and then apparent silence in return, just rest assured that silence does not equate to ignoring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Footsies  As one of my colleagues has responded to you I've unhidden your post.  I strongly recommend you don't throw any further insults around and stick to feedback about the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Footsies

Both your saves are a really good replica of Sporting Lisbon season this year. A very inconsistent team, with a couple of wins, and then some shocking defeats.

Hey, you even got knock out of the cup by a low division team like they did (they lost in the first round of the cup to Alverca, who play in the third division).

As you probably know, they are in 4th place in the league, 13 point behind the leader, and they will probably be knock out in the group phase of the League Cup.

So the truth is, playing with Sporting is not a easy challenge, because in fact (and FM reflect that pretty well) they have a very unbalanced team, with only on trully quality player (Bruno Fernandes). To be honest i even think that FM favoured some players, but that's another question.

 

Now, i've play a couple of saves, usually with Benfica, and to my surprise, Sporting usually plays better in FM world when compare to real life. In all my safes they were my strongest opponent, usually ending the league in second place, ahead of Porto.

So, a with this i'm not saying that the ME is perfect (far from it) but it seems that you are having some tactical dificulties that are preventing you from getting the best from Sporting, because, to be honest, with one or two cheaps signings, you can challenge for the league even in the first year. After all, it's always easy to have sucess in FM then in real life. Hell, you can even win the champions league with a minor team after 2 or 3 years into the save.

So, don't despare, have a look ate the tactical forum. There are very good variants of the 4231 that you like to play, so you can take some ideas.

And, about Bruno Fernandes, great player, a bit of advice. Play him in the midfield duo like a BTB or a MC with some player instruction. In there he will get more space to explore his main weapon: long shots.

Edited by Keyzer Soze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

@Footsies

Both your saves are a really good replica of Sporting Lisbon season this year. A very inconsistent team, with a couple of wins, and then some shocking defeats.

Hey, you even got knock out of the cup by a low division team like they did (they lost in the first round of the cup to Alverca, who play in the third division).

As you probably know, they are in 4th place in the league, 13 point behind the leader, and they will probably be knock out in the group phase of the League Cup.

So the truth is, playing with Sporting is not a easy challenge, because in fact (and FM reflect that pretty well) they have a very unbalanced team, with only on trully quality player (Bruno Fernandes). To be honest i even think that FM favoured some players, but that's another question.

 

Now, i've play a couple of saves, usually with Benfica, and to my surprise, Sporting usually plays better in FM world when compare to real life. In all my safes they were my strongest opponent, usually ending the league in second place, ahead of Porto.

So, a with this i'm not saying that the ME is perfect (far from it) but it seems that you are having some tactical dificulties that are preventing you from getting the best from Sporting, because, to be honest, with one or two cheaps signings, you can challenge for the league even in the first year. After all, it's always easy to have sucess in FM then in real life. Hell, you can even win the champions league with a minor team after 2 or 3 years into the save.

So, don't despare, have a look ate the tactical forum. There are very good variants of the 4231 that you like to play, so you can take some ideas.

And, about Bruno Fernandes, great player, a bit of advice. Play him in the midfield duo like a BTB or a MC with some player instruction. In there he will get more space to explore his main weapon: long shots.

 

I take all you've said well, but with a pinch of salt.

 

The truth is in every single FM except 2013 and 2020 I've managed to be champion on the first season with Sporting. Always. So what changed? It wasn't my tactic because it's been more or less the same, and it isn't the lack of experience because I've been playing the game for ages.

In fact, if you remember the big hit in quality that Sporting took was in FM 2019 - when the team lost a bunch of its players in the Academy attack. What results did I achieve in FM 2019? Champion in Portugal. Won the Euro League. Won all the cups except one (don't remember which one, but got 2/3 from Cup, League Cup and Supertaca). I won the CL finals against Man City twice in back to back years (3rd and 4th season), always champion in Portugal.

 

Now you're telling me in two (incomplete) saves all I can get is a 3rd or 4th? How many times would I have to replicate the experiment until I prove my point? Because to me the game in this state is simply not fun anymore, and quite frankly, what even lead me to waste 3 hours to reply to the moderator's post is because I'm tired of this nonsense that "well, you got it wrong!" - no, the game got it wrong! It's far from being the perfect piece of software and I've had it with the excuses quite frankly. Some things just do not make sense, no matter how many Ole's, how many Emerys and how many Alverca 2-0's, 2015 Leicester's or Man Utd 4-0 Chelsea's you can point to in real life.

 

I'm simply trying to use an Occam's Razor explanation here, because while a newbie may as well struggle with the game and may get the tactics wrong, I refuse to not believe that there is something afoot and deeply wrong here. This FM is the exception, not the rule.

Edited by Footsies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most of frustration comes from the fact that it's too easy to generate really high amount of shots and shots on target. There is very little you're doing wrong if you constantly see your team having 20+ shots and 10 on target. Best teams in the world avarage some 15-20 shots per game. Usually smaller teams that surprise bigger manage to limit shots on target to way bellow 10. 10 shots on taret usually means goals galore. 

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1376055/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Arsenal-Brighton

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1376285/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Everton-Chelsea

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1376045/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Newcastle-United-Manchester-City

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1376037/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Chelsea-West-Ham

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1376029/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Sheffield-United-Manchester-United

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1376025/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Everton-Norwich

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1376011/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Tottenham-Sheffield-United

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1415836/MatchReport/Italy-Serie-A-2019-2020-Lazio-Juventus

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1415841/MatchReport/Italy-Serie-A-2019-2020-Torino-Fiorentina

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1415825/MatchReport/Italy-Serie-A-2019-2020-Fiorentina-Lecce

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1415831/MatchReport/Italy-Serie-A-2019-2020-Napoli-Bologna

I believe even Svenc sees the pattern here.

Edited by Mitja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Footsies said:

 

I take all you've said well, but with a pinch of salt.

 

The truth is in every single FM except 2013 and 2020 I've managed to be champion on the first season with Sporting. Always. So what changed? It wasn't my tactic because it's been more or less the same, and it isn't the lack of experience because I've been playing the game for ages.

In fact, if you remember the big hit in quality that sporting took was in FM 2019 - when the team lost a bunch of its players in the Academy attack. What results did I achieve in FM 2019? Champion in Portugal. Won the Euro League. Won all the cups except one (don't remember which one, but got 2/3 from Cup, League Cup and Supertaca).

 

Now you're telling me in two (incomplete) saves all I can get is a 3rd or 4th? How many times would I have to replicate the experiment until I prove my point? Because to me the gamein this state is simply not fun anymore.

 

I'm simply trying to use an Occam's Razor explanation here, because while a newbie may as well struggle with the game and may get the tactics wrong, I refuse to not believe that there is something afoot and deeply wrong here. This FM is the exception, not the rule.

It's incredibly frustrating, yes. I've been able to work myself up from the bottom leagues to eventually win the CL in every FM version. For some reason, even though I made 3 CL finals in FM14, I just couldn't win one. I don't blame FM14 though. I know it's something on my end. Either players choking or their manager.

:ackter:

 

As I said, there's an option to discuss this in the tactics forum. Maybe there's something you're doing or not doing that's making life in FM harder. Maybe you're not even noticing it! Sometimes an extra pair of eyes can help or someone looking at things from a different perspective. Detail your system and what you're doing, where things seem to be going wrong etc. That, imo, is the best thing to do and we have plenty of people willing to help or discuss issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

It's incredibly frustrating, yes. I've been able to work myself up from the bottom leagues to eventually win the CL in every FM version. For some reason, even though I made 3 CL finals in FM14, I just couldn't win one. I don't blame FM14 though.

:ackter:

 

As I said, there's an option to discuss this in the tactics forum. Maybe there's something you're doing or not doing that's making life in FM harder. Maybe you're not even noticing it! Sometimes an extra pair of eyes can help or someone looking at things from a different perspective. Detail your system and what you're doing, where things seem to be going wrong etc. That, imo, is the best thing to do and we have plenty of people willing to help or discuss issues.

There just is something different about this FM. I don't know what other people's experience is like because everyone will be managing different teams etc, but this is not normal whatsoever.

The problem that I described at lenght is that there is not one, two, three specific problems/situations. At some point while you're playing, you just facepalm deeply for 20 seconds because the ME/game decided yet again to throw another absurdity at you that makes no sense. In fact my best advice to the devs would be, to just play the goddamn game. It's all there, I'm not hallucinating, sorry.

 

What I found most glaring, is how by using the very same save twice, and running it through thinking you might have learnt something from the first time, you understand how real it actually is, and no, quite frankly I'm not going to subject myself to a third round of a mediocre team torturing me because we've just scored 1 goal 15 minutes in, and then I have to clench my butt for 75 minutes while I get almost no highlights at all for the rest of the match (with EXTENDED HIGHLIGHTS!! These dry spells never happened with FM before).

 

I could mention so and so much more, like for example, I literally don't remember the last time when I was down by 1 goal with 20 minutes to go, I changed to attacking or very attacking, and then we scored, HOW DOES THAT NEVER HAPPEN!? LITERALLY NOT OOOOONNNNNCCCCCEEEEE. Do you get it!? Go look at real life statistics, those last 15-20 minutes are fruitful for goals, yet the ME often times acts like "nope, nothing to see here!" even on Extended Highlights? Surely I'm not the only guy with this problem? Does the ME have any awareness that we are effing Sporting and we're effing playing Portimonense?! I know their morale isn't the highest, but goddamn. Sure, these aren't things that happen *every* single match or whatever, but trust me, it happens way too often.

Which is precisely why I immediatly ditched my 4-2-3-1 Attacking and went on a 4-2-3-1 Positive on my second try, but guess what, none of it mattered. That was the exact same attacking tactic that I used in 2019 to demolish every single plebian midtable team of Portugal, now it just doesn't work.

 

Consider me deeply skeptical that this is a tactical problem, because quite frankly, in yet another anti-logical parade of absurdity, my best performing winger (in BOTH SAVES) happens to play on a winger role, not an Inside forward role (Jovane Cabral, on a AMR Winger Support role)... EVEN THOUGH I USE OVERLAPPING FULLBAKS who are both Wing-Back on Attack. You'd think IFs would play better there, but somehow, no. Not for me. So how about that for logic and "my tactics are simply wrong"? None of it makes sense. Up is down, down is up, 1+1 is 11. Meanwhile Vietto, IF (S) on the other side, 5 months of atrocious form, with a quality Wing Back behind him (Acuna).

 

Did I mention i even selected the highest prizes for winning the competition possible, just to try to motivate my players and give them that little bit of edge? I get it, it has virtually no influence (1%), but how many times do I have to prove to you that I'm doing it right, it's just the game that is wrong?

Edited by Footsies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Footsies said:

 

I take all you've said well, but with a pinch of salt.

 

The truth is in every single FM except 2013 and 2020 I've managed to be champion on the first season with Sporting. Always. So what changed? It wasn't my tactic because it's been more or less the same, and it isn't the lack of experience because I've been playing the game for ages.

In fact, if you remember the big hit in quality that Sporting took was in FM 2019 - when the team lost a bunch of its players in the Academy attack. What results did I achieve in FM 2019? Champion in Portugal. Won the Euro League. Won all the cups except one (don't remember which one, but got 2/3 from Cup, League Cup and Supertaca). I won the CL finals against Man City twice in back to back years (3rd and 4th season), always champion in Portugal.

 

Now you're telling me in two (incomplete) saves all I can get is a 3rd or 4th? How many times would I have to replicate the experiment until I prove my point? Because to me the game in this state is simply not fun anymore, and quite frankly, what even lead me to waste 3 hours to reply to the moderator's post is because I'm tired of this nonsense that "well, you got it wrong!" - no, the game got it wrong! It's far from being the perfect piece of software and I've had it with the excuses quite frankly. Some things just do not make sense, no matter how many Ole's, how many Emerys and how many Alverca 2-0's, 2015 Leicester's or Man Utd 4-0 Chelsea's you can point to in real life.

 

I'm simply trying to use an Occam's Razor explanation here, because while a newbie may as well struggle with the game and may get the tactics wrong, I refuse to not believe that there is something afoot and deeply wrong here. This FM is the exception, not the rule.

After re-reading what I've wrote I understand that you may think that I was being nasty. It was not my intention, perhaps just a bit of wealthy rivalry against a Sporting supporter :D

I've always looked at the ME as some set of rules of a game. Every game have rules, board games, computer games, etc, and FM have those rules, that in every version and in every update are slightly different. 

And, like in any version of the game, I try to make my tactic to, although looking reasonable in terms of real life football, scope with those rules in the best possible way. 

I'm not talking about exploting those rules, but the truth is There are some instructions that work good in one version, and in the next version, within the same tactic and with the same players they don't have the same effect! And why, well because the rules has changed a bit, when the ME is updated. 

That said, I understand the frustration, because I've been there: having a good tactic that stops working after a update. 

I also know that like myself, the vast majority of FM players suffers from the sindrome that wins will erase 90% of all ME issues. Sure, I've seen my wingers trying to shoot from impossible angles over and over again, but the fact that I've won all domestic titles kinda makes that issues a little less frustrating. Sure, I've seen my forward missing over and over again one on one situations, but reaching the semi finals in the championship league just makes me forget that. 

When instar playing FM20, I've used the exact same team and tactic from FM19. The result were a bit below of what I was expecting. Less wins, less shots, less possession. Why? Well the "rules" changed since FM19. 

So I adapted, a little bit, the winger turns into a RAUM, the fullback turns into wingback, the AP turns into DLP... Everything else the same, even instructions.... and the results improved to the level I was getting in FM19. 

The same is happening to you, you need to adapted to this new rules. 

I know it can be frustrating hearing the phrase "it's your tactics" but 99% its always the user tactic, because they are not working well with the set of rules the ME is implementing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played a decent amount with the new ME over the weekend and there's a lot of good things with it, I would say there's 2 major issues 

1) the long punts and consequently 1 vs 1s. It's not so much the frequency but the way the commentary interprets it, I'm playing with a Scottish League 2 side, one CS has 4 or less for composure and technique and a poor passing stat, so I could understand it if it was simply a panicked clearance that got lucky, but it always says he's played a great pass or searching for the striker - he simply shouldn't be good enough to pull off 2/3 hollywood balls a game.

2) set pieces - the actual delivery and first actions are fine, but it's the lack of any defensive actions as soon as the first header is made. The defenders can't clear the box, it doesn't matter how many players you put on the edge of the box they just don't react to a loose ball or to a player picking it up. It looks like the ME is more pre occupied with trying to have everybody transition slowly back into their positions rather than paying any attention to the actual phase of play thats going on. As a result - it's common to see 3/4/5 efforts from the same corner because there's no way to transition to get the ball back unless they score or put it out for a goal kick, which is why I'm ending games with a lot of 20+ shots from each side, it's mainly set pieces and the failure to transition back into normal play.

 

Apart from that, pretty enjoyable stuff - apart from always having one team in a division who sets their pitch dimensions so it's square, is that even legal? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

No, unfortunately 7th spot is the 'floating spot'. If a team from above 7th wins the cup, 7th place gets into Europe, but if a team below 7th wins the cup, then that team gets in ahead of the 7th place team. I'm sure the rules page explains it better than I can :lol:

But in this case it was MU who won the FA Cup and the team placed 2. in the league. Shouldn't that mean that I get the last spot since I lost that FA Cup final and placed 7th?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Rayban_DK said:

But in this case it was MU who won the FA Cup and the team placed 2. in the league. Shouldn't that mean that I get the last spot since I lost that FA Cup final and placed 7th?

Didn't you place 8th, and not 7th? At least according to your screenshot..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mitja said:

I think most of frustration comes from the fact that it's too easy to generate really high amount of shots and shots on target. There is very little you're doing wrong if you constantly see your team having 20+ shots and 10 on target. Best teams in the world avarage some 15-20 shots per game. Usually smaller teams that surprise bigger manage to limit shots on target to way bellow 10. 10 shots on taret usually means goals galore. 

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1376055/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Arsenal-Brighton

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1376285/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Everton-Chelsea

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1376045/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Newcastle-United-Manchester-City

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1376037/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Chelsea-West-Ham

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1376029/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Sheffield-United-Manchester-United

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1376025/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Everton-Norwich

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1376011/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Tottenham-Sheffield-United

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1415836/MatchReport/Italy-Serie-A-2019-2020-Lazio-Juventus

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1415841/MatchReport/Italy-Serie-A-2019-2020-Torino-Fiorentina

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1415825/MatchReport/Italy-Serie-A-2019-2020-Fiorentina-Lecce

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1415831/MatchReport/Italy-Serie-A-2019-2020-Napoli-Bologna

I believe even Svenc sees the pattern here.

This is spot on. There's way too many shots in the game. 

Almost any game regardless of quality will generate more than 10 shots on target per game. 

It needs looking at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Footsies said:

There just is something different about this FM. I don't know what other people's experience is like because everyone will be managing different teams etc, but this is not normal whatsoever.

 

I'm feeling it, too. I'm doing very well with Arsenal, but the average ratings and patterns of play favoured by this ME are not enjoyable. I can't find any formation which allows strikers to score a good amount - my current formation is very successful but it's predicated on the wing backs, who are truly overpowered. Too many 6. something average ratings unless they score or get an assist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Footsies said:

There just is something different about this FM. I don't know what other people's experience is like because everyone will be managing different teams etc, but this is not normal whatsoever.

The problem that I described at lenght is that there is not one, two, three specific problems/situations. At some point while you're playing, you just facepalm deeply for 20 seconds because the ME/game decided yet again to throw another absurdity at you that makes no sense. In fact my best advice to the devs would be, to just play the goddamn game. It's all there, I'm not hallucinating, sorry.

 

What I found most glaring, is how by using the very same save twice, and running it through thinking you might have learnt something from the first time, you understand how real it actually is, and no, quite frankly I'm not going to subject myself to a third round of a mediocre team torturing me because we've just scored 1 goal 15 minutes in, and then I have to clench my butt for 75 minutes while I get almost no highlights at all for the rest of the match (with EXTENDED HIGHLIGHTS!! These dry spells never happened with FM before).

 

I could mention so and so much more, like for example, I literally don't remember the last time when I was down by 1 goal with 20 minutes to go, I changed to attacking or very attacking, and then we scored, HOW DOES THAT NEVER HAPPEN!? LITERALLY NOT OOOOONNNNNCCCCCEEEEE. Do you get it!? Go look at real life statistics, those last 15-20 minutes are fruitful for goals, yet the ME often times acts like "nope, nothing to see here!" even on Extended Highlights? Surely I'm not the only guy with this problem? Does the ME have any awareness that we are effing Sporting and we're effing playing Portimonense?! I know their morale isn't the highest, but goddamn. Sure, these aren't things that happen *every* single match or whatever, but trust me, it happens way too often.

Which is precisely why I immediatly ditched my 4-2-3-1 Attacking and went on a 4-2-3-1 Positive on my second try, but guess what, none of it mattered. That was the exact same attacking tactic that I used in 2019 to demolish every single plebian midtable team of Portugal, now it just doesn't work.

 

Consider me deeply skeptical that this is a tactical problem, because quite frankly, in yet another anti-logical parade of absurdity, my best performing winger (in BOTH SAVES) happens to play on a winger role, not an Inside forward role (Jovane Cabral, on a AMR Winger Support role)... EVEN THOUGH I USE OVERLAPPING FULLBAKS who are both Wing-Back on Attack. You'd think IFs would play better there, but somehow, no. Not for me. So how about that for logic and "my tactics are simply wrong"? None of it makes sense. Up is down, down is up, 1+1 is 11. Meanwhile Vietto, IF (S) on the other side, 5 months of atrocious form, with a quality Wing Back behind him (Acuna).

 

Did I mention i even selected the highest prizes for winning the competition possible, just to try to motivate my players and give them that little bit of edge? I get it, it has virtually no influence (1%), but how many times do I have to prove to you that I'm doing it right, it's just the game that is wrong?

You mentioned somtething earlier about that sporting lost several players, that means perhaps this year you cant play exactly the same way as before.

And as mentioned before in each new version of the ME so many things change, whats not working in this version may very well work wonders for you in the next ME.

create a post in the tactic forum and I´m sure me and many others can try help you with some tips.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.931cf92ae8ebd07882cd40e3f4362393.png

2 minutes ago, hazzabish said:

I'm feeling it, too. I'm doing very well with Arsenal, but the average ratings and patterns of play favoured by this ME are not enjoyable. I can't find any formation which allows strikers to score a good amount - my current formation is very successful but it's predicated on the wing backs, who are truly overpowered. Too many 6. something average ratings unless they score or get an assist.

In my save its the other way around Im overly reliant on this guy with a very weak Bolton team and he doesnt even have that great stats...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You got Bolton promoted on a -12 point start? Kudos!

Edited by Johnny Ace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Footsies said:

what happens in 2020 is that you truly get the feeling sometimes there is some background code using its shenenigans, and that really, the ME is just deciding who is the winner and the loser.

That's how I feel as well. Maybe I am wrong, it doesn't run this way, but this is the first time in FM, I don't feel like I am in control. That's not about losses btw. I won German Cup, but I didn't feel like I achieved something. I felt like it was granted to me. The worse part is not losing the matches, but losing the joy or proud or whatever that feeling is when you win.

Maybe it is irrational, but that's my feeling for this year's edition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Footsies said:

There just is something different about this FM. I don't know what other people's experience is like because everyone will be managing different teams etc, but this is not normal whatsoever.

The problem that I described at lenght is that there is not one, two, three specific problems/situations. At some point while you're playing, you just facepalm deeply for 20 seconds because the ME/game decided yet again to throw another absurdity at you that makes no sense. In fact my best advice to the devs would be, to just play the goddamn game. It's all there, I'm not hallucinating, sorry.

 

What I found most glaring, is how by using the very same save twice, and running it through thinking you might have learnt something from the first time, you understand how real it actually is, and no, quite frankly I'm not going to subject myself to a third round of a mediocre team torturing me because we've just scored 1 goal 15 minutes in, and then I have to clench my butt for 75 minutes while I get almost no highlights at all for the rest of the match (with EXTENDED HIGHLIGHTS!! These dry spells never happened with FM before).

 

I could mention so and so much more, like for example, I literally don't remember the last time when I was down by 1 goal with 20 minutes to go, I changed to attacking or very attacking, and then we scored, HOW DOES THAT NEVER HAPPEN!? LITERALLY NOT OOOOONNNNNCCCCCEEEEE. Do you get it!? Go look at real life statistics, those last 15-20 minutes are fruitful for goals, yet the ME often times acts like "nope, nothing to see here!" even on Extended Highlights? Surely I'm not the only guy with this problem? Does the ME have any awareness that we are effing Sporting and we're effing playing Portimonense?! I know their morale isn't the highest, but goddamn. Sure, these aren't things that happen *every* single match or whatever, but trust me, it happens way too often.

Which is precisely why I immediatly ditched my 4-2-3-1 Attacking and went on a 4-2-3-1 Positive on my second try, but guess what, none of it mattered. That was the exact same attacking tactic that I used in 2019 to demolish every single plebian midtable team of Portugal, now it just doesn't work.

 

Consider me deeply skeptical that this is a tactical problem, because quite frankly, in yet another anti-logical parade of absurdity, my best performing winger (in BOTH SAVES) happens to play on a winger role, not an Inside forward role (Jovane Cabral, on a AMR Winger Support role)... EVEN THOUGH I USE OVERLAPPING FULLBAKS who are both Wing-Back on Attack. You'd think IFs would play better there, but somehow, no. Not for me. So how about that for logic and "my tactics are simply wrong"? None of it makes sense. Up is down, down is up, 1+1 is 11. Meanwhile Vietto, IF (S) on the other side, 5 months of atrocious form, with a quality Wing Back behind him (Acuna).

 

Did I mention i even selected the highest prizes for winning the competition possible, just to try to motivate my players and give them that little bit of edge? I get it, it has virtually no influence (1%), but how many times do I have to prove to you that I'm doing it right, it's just the game that is wrong?

 

13 minutes ago, emil_sbn said:

You mentioned somtething earlier about that sporting lost several players, that means perhaps this year you cant play exactly the same way as before.

And as mentioned before in each new version of the ME so many things change, whats not working in this version may very well work wonders for you in the next ME.

create a post in the tactic forum and I´m sure me and many others can try help you with some tips.

 

 

I'm wiith @emil_sbn on this. I've been on the forums long enough to inspect the consistent negatives and positives. Giving a more detailed look at stats/games/analysis with a 2nd+ pair of eyes can do wonders. Herne and rashidi were my ballers and saved my save in fm19 and I thought that was the worst FM i've ever played and I still agree to it but some bits were my fault too regardless if I blamed the ME or my Tactics. 

ME isn't great and the general gauge in the forums seems to be a few specific areas that need tweaking to make it work. IMO ratings, some roles don't work as they should for countless reasons but im not in a state to provide evidence where i've more of less proved them wrong so all I can say is based on pure "speculation" and what point is that without evidence? none so I don't bother but if it's discussed with others proving my point then i'll put my point accross. 

Few bits with stats and the way they've recorded isn't specific enough or counted right, e.g. a few people I agree with for CCC's and types of balls they see counted as something else like through balls and long balls coinicide when they shouldn't. It's not a definite but I see it myself and some others do, DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT.

understand your point and I actually do agree with you in some retrospects but it needs proof, it's the only way to prove what you're saying is true. 3 steps you should do:

Watch a match/matches in full/extended highlights- possibly in 2d -----> Analyse the data and stats -----> create a conclusion from the results as to whats wrong and why or vice versa.

Play the same games again with different roles (suitable towards player/game), Different TI's/PI's if any that you think should help or work (taking into opposition analysis consideration)---> analyse data and stats-----> conclude and compare. 

Post it in the forums on tactics or make a new thread somewhere where it's viable and people WILL look and help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, upthetoon said:

Almost any game regardless of quality will generate more than 10 shots on target per game. 

 

10 SOT per game is normal. Problem starts when you or any team generates 10 SOT and 20+ shots constantly. And of course when quality chances are missed one after another.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mitja said:

I believe even Svenc sees the pattern here.

I do see both. Have done so for a huge while.

1) Actual Managers manages spaces on the pitch, not the shot Count on the spread sheet. Any data Quotes is the result of their decisions. Pep doesn't set out to have the most shots in the league. He doesn't log on to Whoscored, watch some shot data, some highlights an conclude, yup, played Pretty well. This is simply a byproduct of him shifting defenses around. Which is also why a few of his shots aren't merely shots, but actually Quality (still Drops tons of Points despite 30 vs 5 shots this term in all of his Point drops, as an actual Manager, not an FM wannabe). It's equally not true that the best sides have the most shots. France at the WC, 11 shots average. Barcelona this term, 12 shots average. Atletico don't average a lot likewise. Neither do Juventus, even though they have the trigger happy CR7. Any of such data is simply the byproduct of the decisions / tactical styles. A lot of the world's best Teams happen to be attacking sides. Whereas your average FM'er tends to treat dominating these far too simple stats as the ultimate Goal to achieve. Football is not a  competition of who has the most shots on a spreadsheet, and will never be, but it is treated as such in-game. It's a game of scoring more Goals than the Opponent, which can be achieved in a Variety of ways.

2) I agree though: Shots (On Target) that have limited Chance of conversion are indeed too easy to come by as to FM though, in particular from the set piece. That is part of the Frustration, as the game statistically doesn't even make that simple a distinction. And it oft would tell loads more than any CCC. If you don't consistently create Openings from Play in some space, you will struggle to score, as even the best chances will be missed with some frequency (even once patched).

Edited by Svenc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am i the only one who enjoys the latest ME , with all it's flaws of course? I lost the title in the last game because of 1v1 conversion but i made adjustments and we are storming the league now.  Yes there are issues, with 1v1 conversion but i think this is due to the fact that there are too many in the first place!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, andu1 said:

Am i the only one who enjoys the latest ME , with all it's flaws of course? I lost the title in the last game because of 1v1 conversion but i made adjustments and we are storming the league now.  Yes there are issues, with 1v1 conversion but i think this is due to the fact that there are too many in the first place!

It has potential yes but there are too many frustrations with it for me to enjoy at the moment. Set pieces are a mess with players ignoring instructions, defenders not reacting to long balls leading to far too many shots of which most are missed. With less chances and better finishing along with fixing the many bugs such as set pieces, it should be a good match engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Am i the only one who enjoys the latest ME , with all it's flaws of course? I lost the title in the last game because of 1v1 conversion but i made adjustments and we are storming the league now.  Yes there are issues, with 1v1 conversion but i think this is due to the fact that there are too many in the first place!

I like it this year, if they can fix how many 1vs1 happen and adjust the conversion rate accordingly to reward them and make Long Shots matter, as at present doesn't matter much as how many long shots from 5 or 7 LS rated players are scored, they will have a very robust ME.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Svenc said:

It's equally not true that the best sides have the most shots. France at the WC, 11 shots average. Barcelona this term, 12 shots average. Atletico don't average a lot likewise. Any of such data is simply the byproduct of the decisions / tactical styles, whereas your average FM'er tends to treat these far too simple stats telling Nothing overly much as the ultimate Goal to achieve.

Of course not, quality of chances is. Until totals shots reduce and SOTs go up there will always be frustruation from player base. And rightly so. https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1376073/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Liverpool-Everton !!!

Edited by Mitja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mitja said:

Of course not, quality of chances is. Until totals shots reduce and SOTs go up there will always be frustruation from player base. And rightly so. https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1376073/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Liverpool-Everton !!!

Shots On Target that are Quality. As to Whoscored… 


https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Matches/1375942/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Manchester-City-Tottenham
https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Matches/1376038/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Manchester-City-Wolverhampton-Wanderers

https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Matches/1375969/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Norwich-Manchester-City

https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Matches/1376045/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Newcastle-United-Manchester-City


https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Matches/1376286/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Manchester-City-Manchester-United

 

I could make the Argument that if it happens to one of the more reknown Managers in the world, it should happen to plenty of FMers far more frequently. I don't think they'd qualify as Pep's bluntly put, not even within the context of FM's game world. The AI SI has Always programmed has Always had an Edge over many, as it doesn't care About the shots. It cares About the spaces on the pitch and the Goals. (As said, I agree though that SOT in particular are too easy to come by, in part. from the set piece, which are SOT that typically are not often enough converted, e.g. headers under severe pressure). :D 

Edited by Svenc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We could do with a shot analysis like that in FM, I think it would really open some players' eyes  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First game 10 sot, 2 goals

Second 2 sot, 0 goals

Third 8 sot, 2 goals

Fourth 9 sot, 2 goals

Fifth 5 sot, 1 goals

 

And this is worst case scenario when you try to walk the ball into goal.

Pattern is clear to me. They hit them on counters. :D

Edited by Mitja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here's against City sot/goals ratio.

2 : 2

2 : 2

3 : 3

3 : 2

7 : 2

This is all clear too, they need new keeper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3D graphics are not smooth. Please fix that issue. I already reported that at bugs forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, emil_sbn said:

image.thumb.png.931cf92ae8ebd07882cd40e3f4362393.png

In my save its the other way around Im overly reliant on this guy with a very weak Bolton team and he doesnt even have that great stats...

I'd rate those as good stats but not unrealistic in the least. I wonder if it would be possible on this ME to get a Messi or Ronaldo scoring a goal a game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, BigV said:

 

I'm wiith @emil_sbn on this. I've been on the forums long enough to inspect the consistent negatives and positives. Giving a more detailed look at stats/games/analysis with a 2nd+ pair of eyes can do wonders. Herne and rashidi were my ballers and saved my save in fm19 and I thought that was the worst FM i've ever played and I still agree to it but some bits were my fault too regardless if I blamed the ME or my Tactics. 

ME isn't great and the general gauge in the forums seems to be a few specific areas that need tweaking to make it work. IMO ratings, some roles don't work as they should for countless reasons but im not in a state to provide evidence where i've more of less proved them wrong so all I can say is based on pure "speculation" and what point is that without evidence? none so I don't bother but if it's discussed with others proving my point then i'll put my point accross. 

Few bits with stats and the way they've recorded isn't specific enough or counted right, e.g. a few people I agree with for CCC's and types of balls they see counted as something else like through balls and long balls coinicide when they shouldn't. It's not a definite but I see it myself and some others do, DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT.

understand your point and I actually do agree with you in some retrospects but it needs proof, it's the only way to prove what you're saying is true. 3 steps you should do:

Watch a match/matches in full/extended highlights- possibly in 2d -----> Analyse the data and stats -----> create a conclusion from the results as to whats wrong and why or vice versa.

Play the same games again with different roles (suitable towards player/game), Different TI's/PI's if any that you think should help or work (taking into opposition analysis consideration)---> analyse data and stats-----> conclude and compare. 

Post it in the forums on tactics or make a new thread somewhere where it's viable and people WILL look and help. 

The thing is, it's all well doing all this analysis and data but I think it feels to many of us just...not right. It's hard to put a finger on it sometimes (besides the obvious things), but there's just something off about it this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel i need to post my opinions of this current version of the ME, after a full season in the Bundesliga, i have to say SI this is by far ONE of the worst version of the ME i can remember in the series of the game. Tactics which are focused on central play & playing through balls forward through defences are rendered useless. The amount of one on one chances missed for both myself & the AI is absolutely criminal to say the least. Top top strikers missing countless one on one chances is just not realistic for me and judging by other feedback in this post, the vast majority feel the same way.

Surely you SI have to acknowledge there is an issue here? 

I have had to scrap my vision of playing narrow & centrally just to make the game & ME playable for me and this is simply not on I'm afraid. Very disappointing indeed. If improvements are not made in future patches to rectify this i feel this may be my last purchase unfortunately, It seems this game has become too complex for your team to execute effectively IMO.

Such a shame SI, such a shame.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, upthetoon said:

This is spot on. There's way too many shots in the game. 

Almost any game regardless of quality will generate more than 10 shots on target per game. 

It needs looking at. 

In my save. I now ignore the match stats as long as i'm winning. 

But let's say if i have around 25 shots with 7 on target and Ai has one shot and scores with that one shot. I'll reload the game and accept the 2nd result regardless what happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

We could do with a shot analysis like that in FM, I think it would really open some players' eyes  

Yeah, theres loads of good stats in FM, but I'd change what the analysis shows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, hazzabish said:

I'd rate those as good stats but not unrealistic in the least. I wonder if it would be possible on this ME to get a Messi or Ronaldo scoring a goal a game...

.image.thumb.png.08c36260470b18babc9e3a7b6f17c23f.png

Oh excuse my english meant good attributes not stats finishing 12 and composure 9 is below par in championship I believe but somehow he has managed to  become top scorer in the league 2 seasons in a row!

First time in fm history for me I get the pressing forward working so pretty happy about that =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Vertical Tiki-Taka said:

The amount of one on one chances missed for both myself & the AI is absolutely criminal to say the least. Top top strikers missing countless one on one chances is just not realistic for me and judging by other feedback in this post, the vast majority feel the same way.

Not all 1on1's are same, imagine scorelines if those were scored more regulary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mitja said:

Not all 1on1's are same, imagine scorelines if those were scored more regulary. 

The issue is both strikers missing the one on one chances and that these chances are being shown on the ME far too consistently per match. Reduce the chances of one on ones happening and slightly increase the success rate and everyone will be happier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ImDaWeasel said:

The issue is both strikers missing the one on one chances and that these chances are being shown on the ME far too consistently per match. Reduce the chances of one on ones happening and slightly increase the success rate and everyone will be happier.

Not sure about the latter so much, some of the more blatant ones would it need though, but would certainly agree there are too many 1-1s. That would be my primary fix, if there was only one thing they dealt with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ImDaWeasel said:

The issue is both strikers missing the one on one chances and that these chances are being shown on the ME far too consistently per match. Reduce the chances of one on ones happening and slightly increase the success rate and everyone will be happier.

But we still don't know how many 1on1's are there in football match per avarage. 0,5, 1, 2, 3?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Mitja said:

But we still don't know how many 1on1's are there in football match per avarage. 0,5, 1, 2, 3?

Last season in the Premier league there were a total of 1143 big chances created, at an average of 3 a game.

221 were converted,  an average of 0.58 a game. 

Average big chance conversion rate: 19%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Last season in the Premier league there were a total of 1143 big chances created, at an average of 3 a game.

221 were converted,  an average of 0.58 a game. 

Average big chance conversion rate: 19%

This is quite a number... SI could come up with this kind of stats to "defend" themselves, and if this is the number of CCC that we are playing with, they should just say it.

Edited by Sharkn20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Last season in the Premier league there were a total of 1143 big chances created, at an average of 3 a game.

221 were converted,  an average of 0.58 a game. 

Yeah three per game. It's still a little tricky because we don't know what ''big chance'' includes, but quality 1on1 is there I'm sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mitja said:

Yeah three per game. It's still a little tricky because we don't know what ''big chance'' includes, but quality 1on1 is there I'm sure. 

Their data is collected from Opta, so it would be Opta's definition:

 

Quote

Big Chances
A situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score, usually in a one on one scenario or from very close range when the ball has a clear path to goal and there is low to moderate pressure on the shooter. Penalties are always considered big chances.

The question is whether SI's definition fits that. Personally I would say no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...