Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

Why sad ? The ME is far from being bad imo . I really enjoy the game

With the new patch? Is it any different to previous one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mitja said:

I see lots of quality play upfront but players rarely score from those unfortunatly. There's much bigger chance of scoring first-time shot from 20 meters than after cutting in. There are so many first time shooting goals from all angles. And too many set-pieces goals. Compensate those with more open play goals.

This, this is 100% my biggest gripe. Beautiful play is often rewarded with a horrible finish which just makes you frustrated. 

But your fullback longshots 1 finishing 3 dribbling 2 from his own half dribbling round 6 and finishing from 35 yards... Happens way too often. 

Or just ya nod it in from a set piece. Or more than likely scramble it in. 

It's less fun than it should be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Untitled.thumb.png.99bc4236436cab38510bbab502e6caf0.png

8 of 31 shots ballooned over the bar, these aren't long range efforts either 

On another matter, following @Svenc's stats, I thought I'd focus on creating less low quality shots & more quality, quality over quantity sort of thing

It's only been two games, playing Standard, Lower tempo, one Attack duty, so far I'm on 26 & 28 shots. This might be one for the tactic boards  

Untitled.thumb.png.66584ad81c25d1f07dfc7744d6092a3b.png

 

That's quite a few of Corners. May be one for the tactics Forum.  If not at all happy with the scoreline, it may also be one for the "this is getting ridiculous thread". :D 

Everybody's talkign About 1vs1s, and in Terms of frequency for good reason (not sure About conversion yet, given that some of those should be more like 1 in 4-5 chances).  Let's not Forget About the set pieces and set piece attempts whilst doing so. I challenge the Notion and will continue to do so that a side which would create like 70%+ of ist attempts within the box purely from the set piece would be "dominating" an Opposition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

Why sad ? The ME is far from being bad imo . I really enjoy the game

Because after the last update I had about 20 times 1 on 1 situation and scored ZERO goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Idk, I just can't get rid of the feeling that the game acts completely different when you're up against underdog teams to keep things balanced.
I just find it extremely annoying that nearly every single game against lower-table teams in any league ends up with my team completely dominating everything and barely winning by 1 or 2 goals.
Except for usual couple of batterings where everything goes in. And that the AI somehow always creates a couple of good chances in the last 5mins + stoppage time and there's nothing you can do to prevent it.
I would be fine with it if my team couldn't create chances against those teams, that would mean tactics are the issue, but when your chance conversion rate is noticably lower against weaker teams then I'm just left disappointed.
(disclaimer: This is just my opinion, I'm not saying that any of this is a fact.)

Agreed. Winning easier against top teams too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 dakika önce, GunmaN1905 said:

Considering how a lot of people are complaining about not being able to easily win games against much weaker opposition and most of those games ending up with 1 or 2 goals at the most, despite having like 25-30 shots, I just checked some stats on my Villa save.
This was from 2022/23 season, but top6 is still more or less the same, with the exception of my team also being in there.

Scored 31 goal in 15 games (EPL + FA) against top6 teams.
9 of those were in 3 FA Cup games, so 22 in 12 league games against top6.
1.83 goals per game vs top6.

Scored 73 in 38 games total, 51 in 26 against rest of the league.
1.96 in other games.

Seems normal I guess.
Home games are where it gets interesting.

19 games, 41 goals.
6 against top6, 14 goals.
2.3 per game!
87 total shots, 36 on target in 6 games.
16% total shots were goals, 38% shots on target were goals!

13 other games, 27 goals.
2 goals per game, so already a bit less.
223 shots, 105 on target in 13 games.
11% total shots were goals, 25% shots on target were goals!

Basically a 33% efficency decrease against considerably worse teams? Could that be a coincidence?
And I'm pretty sure if I go over each of the 10 seasons I played on two different saves it would be the same.

It's also obvious without even counting the shots or goals that weaker opposition averages way more goals per shot against my teams than the top teams.

Idk, I just can't get rid of the feeling that the game acts completely different when you're up against underdog teams to keep things balanced.
I just find it extremely annoying that nearly every single game against lower-table teams in any league ends up with my team completely dominating everything and barely winning by 1 or 2 goals.
Except for usual couple of batterings where everything goes in. And that the AI somehow always creates a couple of good chances in the last 5mins + stoppage time and there's nothing you can do to prevent it.
I would be fine with it if my team couldn't create chances against those teams, that would mean tactics are the issue, but when your chance conversion rate is noticably lower against weaker teams then I'm just left disappointed.
(disclaimer: This is just my opinion, I'm not saying that any of this is a fact.)
 

I wonder left or right backs still caught many offside in 22/23. Can you please check the top 20 players list caught offside?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mitja said:

Agreed. Winning easier against top teams too?

I finished second with 82 points in 22/23 season with Villa and I lost only 2 out of 12 games against top6.
And I should've lost at least a couple more. Got absolutely battered at Old Trafford, couldn't get the ball out of my box for the most part, but I won 1-2. Just an example.

The only other two losses were against Sheffield and Newcastle, both 0-1 at home. Had like 50 shots total.
Idk, I wanna have a sense of achievement when I play, which isn't the case right now. If I deserve to lose I wanna lose, but if I created 10 great chances per game I expect wins by a couple goals. Sure, games with bad conversion rate happen, but once or twice per season. Not all the bloody time.

8 minutes ago, akinozcan said:

I wonder left or right backs still caught many offside in 22/23. Can you please check the top 20 players list caught offside?

I don't think those stats would be relevant because the patch hit mid-way through the season and ME changed then.
But from what I've seen, I haven't had many offside issues.

My two biggest concerns are long balls being way too accurate and set-piece goals.
It's true that second chance shots from set-pieces are probably the hardest thing to defend and player movement is fine, but the ball deflections look too arcadey to me. Pinball movement, way too fast deflections etc.

As for the long balls, I think an attribute which determines player's passing range should be added. Or just make crossing attribute affect passes longer than 30m or so. Because there are very few CBs in the world who can constantly create chances with 50m+ passes and that's exactly what happens in this ME. Every game.

Edited by GunmaN1905

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found this ME very random. Its chaos in a field and I can win 6-0 or lose 0-1 with the same tactic. This happened just today in my tests. 
It reminds me FM18 in bad meaning.

Also I disappointed that ME indulges riskly tactics. Its difficult to create cautious tactic again for me, but some riskly tactics which couldnt be working in logic - they are successful in fact. 
It reminds me FM19 in bad meaning.

I disccussed and protected last build because I really found this good but current ME is not about football for me. Its about beat ME or ME beats you, no more.
For me the basic idea of FM - sandbox with holding of some rules. For now our sandbox so much limited in variants imo.

Edited by Novem9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Svenc said:

That's quite a few of Corners. May be one for the tactics Forum.  If not at all happy with the scoreline, it may also be one for the "this is getting ridiculous thread". :D 

Everybody's talkign About 1vs1s, and in Terms of frequency for good reason (not sure About conversion yet, given that some of those should be more like 1 in 4-5 chances).  Let's not Forget About the set pieces and set piece attempts whilst doing so. I challenge the Notion and will continue to do so that a side which would create like 70%+ of ist attempts within the box purely from the set piece would be "dominating" an Opposition. 

I've just been reading (& commented on) that thread :D

I'm not even complaining about the score (it doesn't matter) or the 1 on 1's there, my style seems to produce none of the ball over the top chances (though I see the AI create a boatload of them), the 5 there were genuinely good ones. I was just trying a pretty straight forward tactic that wasn't OTT crazy & see what the shot totals would look like & was pretty surprised 

I've added the PKM, mainly so I can rewatch it later on at home but feel free. I cant remember the tactic, it was something like this

 Untitled.thumb.png.27d89e2c0e7e2865681cf3b7413e1391.png

  

Just messing about v Leicester.pkm

Edited by Johnny Ace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 28 Minuten schrieb akinozcan:

I wonder left or right backs still caught many offside in 22/23. Can you please check the top 20 players list caught offside?

I get at least 10 offsides per game from my left back after  simple combination passes. 

 

This is an old problem also present in fm 18 I think or even earlier 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I've just been reading (& commented on) that thread :D

I'm not even complaining about the score (it doesn't matter) or the 1 on 1's there, my style seems to produce none of the ball over the top chances (though I see the AI create a boatload of them), the 5 there were genuinely good ones. I was just trying a pretty straight forward tactic that wasn't OTT crazy & see what the shot totals would look like & was pretty surprised 

I've added the PKM, mainly so I can rewatch it later on at home but feel free. I cant remember the tactic, it was something like this

 Untitled.thumb.png.27d89e2c0e7e2865681cf3b7413e1391.png

  

Just messing about v Leicester.pkm 122.7 kB · 1 download

What Team is this? Will try to watch the pkm later, couldn'T open the more recent ones for some reasons.

If ist a high rep Team, there is a Chance that Leicester just tried to pull off a Burnley 2017 (extremely low block, upon which reasonably high shot dominations usually are the norm).

53 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

 

Idk, I just can't get rid of the feeling that the game acts completely different when you're up against underdog teams to keep things balanced.

It may appear like this. A good reason for this is that the AI doesn't and can't react to what is specifically going on in a match. It's simply reacting to Team reputations and picks tactics accordingly.

If the AI is the favorite, it may accept no more than a win. So if it ever goes behind, it may even Play more aggressively (and ignore the balls over the top etc. because it cannot "spot" them, it's simply going through the AI tactic motions of going more aggressive)

If the AI meanwhile is the Underdog, it makes it harder to score. And then it gets harder to score. There's a reason why even the press-continue "super tacticians" have set up testing leagues whether their tactics was better for an Underdog or favorite Scenario. (Btw. a lot of super tactics Play quite a bit into the Hands of defensive Opposition).

It's not scripted like that though. Once the ball over the top etc. may be addressed, the attacking AI may suffer less. Additionally though, Breaking open packed defenses has been a Long-term "frustration" for many. It takes a modicum of thought, typically. Counter attacks inside the engine can be meanwhile triggered all by themselves. Not sure if SI are ever going to address the "AI mainly reacts to reputations" Thing, even if they could. It may create a lot of user Frustration if suddenly the AI were reacting to what was specifically going on on a Micro Level of match Play (basically Managing Matches the way the tactics Forum community would).

Edited by Svenc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Svenc said:

What Team is this? Will try to watch the pkm later, couldn'T open the more recent ones for some reasons.

If ist a high rep Team, there is a Chance that Leicester just tried to pull off a Burnley 2017 (extremely low block, upon which reasonably high shot dominations usually are the norm).

Just a create-a-club, try things out team :D My ass man's got them top on the league then I jump in & manage games where I fancy, if you do get chance, the Barnes goal is crazy good/lucky  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Svenc said:

If the AI meanwhile is the Underdog, it makes it harder to score. And then it gets harder to score.

Yeah, harder to score as in my players having way lower conversion ratio from better situations than they get against top teams.

I said that it's not about the chance creation, but way worse conversion from pretty much the same type of situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Yeah, harder to score as in my players having way lower conversion ratio from better situations than they get against top teams.

I said that it's not about the chance creation, but way worse conversion from pretty much the same type of situations.

Never seen anything like that in this series. The chances on average can't be exactly the same too, as the AI typically keeps added men behind the ball, Drops deep and keeps Things generally compact rather than playing expansive Football if the match favorite. That's the entire Point of their defensive tactics, reducing the space. If that wouldn't work as intended, they were bugged. There will be more men behind the ball upon a shot / interception on average (whish FM were to Display stats like that, as simple as they are!), and the shots from the set piece typically go up also.

If it's truly the same chances, that is one for the Bugs Forums. Would be rather strange though. 

Edited by Svenc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Never seen anything like that in this series. The chances can't be the same too, as the AI typically keeps added men behind the ball, Drops deep and keeps Things generally compact rather than playing expansive Football if the match favorite. There will be more men behind the ball upon a shot / interception on average (whish FM were to Display stats like that, as simple as they are!), and the shots from the set piece typically go up also.

If it's truly the same chances, that is one for the Bugs Forums. Would be rather strange though. And for me, a definitely first ever. 

Can you kindly go away?
Your condenscending style is extremely annoying since you just basically dismissed everything I wrote and you're posting based on nothing but some anecdotal imaginary setup you thought of.

I'll leave it at that.
Don't quote me again, please.
Not until you learn to read my posts in full and actually understand the point I'm trying to make.

Edited by GunmaN1905

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goals per game seems incredibly low since the update on the ME. 

Just finished an entire season and there was only on average 1.16 goals per game per team. (I only conceded 4 in a 24 game season winning all 24 games, I averaged 2.25 goals) 

I checked the Premier league and that also has an incredibly low goals per game per team ratio too. 

What's the real life ratio? Does anyone know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still seeing a lot of wing play where the winger is shooting 90% of the time instead of simpler crosses, passes to free team mates, crosses across the goal

one on ones doesnt seem right with the amount of misses, either too many 1 v 1 or conversion is a bit low. I need to look at stats here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did they not fix the 1vs1s in this patch? Also as mentioned earlier in a lot of posts the heading accuraccy in offensive situations  seems to have been nerfed? I still think the ME looks pretty good right now but I dont know if its that my players have poor finishing, best ones have 12 and I play in Championship or thats something wrong with the ME. The AI who gets atleast 3 clear cut chanser per game against also miss the chances so Im leaning against thats the ME. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Considering how a lot of people are complaining about not being able to easily win games against much weaker opposition and most of those games ending up with 1 or 2 goals at the most, despite having like 25-30 shots, I just checked some stats on my Villa save.
This was from 2022/23 season, but top6 is still more or less the same, with the exception of my team also being in there.

Scored 31 goal in 15 games (EPL + FA) against top6 teams.
9 of those were in 3 FA Cup games, so 22 in 12 league games against top6.
1.83 goals per game vs top6.

Scored 73 in 38 games total, 51 in 26 against rest of the league.
1.96 in other games.

Seems normal I guess.
Home games are where it gets interesting.

19 games, 41 goals.
6 against top6, 14 goals.
2.3 per game!
87 total shots, 36 on target in 6 games.
16% total shots were goals, 38% shots on target were goals!

13 other games, 27 goals.
2 goals per game, so already a bit less.
223 shots, 105 on target in 13 games.
11% total shots were goals, 25% shots on target were goals!

Basically a 33% efficency decrease against considerably worse teams? Could that be a coincidence?
And I'm pretty sure if I go over each of the 10 seasons I played on two different saves it would be the same.
Having more goals per game against top teams than against average squads is kinda odd to me.

It's also obvious without even counting the shots or goals that weaker opposition averages way more goals per shot against my teams than the top teams.

Idk, I just can't get rid of the feeling that the game acts completely different when you're up against underdog teams to keep things balanced.
I just find it extremely annoying that nearly every single game against lower-table teams in any league ends up with my team completely dominating everything and barely winning by 1 or 2 goals.
Except for usual couple of batterings where everything goes in. And that the AI somehow always creates a couple of good chances in the last 5mins + stoppage time and there's nothing you can do to prevent it.
I would be fine with it if my team couldn't create chances against those teams, that would mean tactics are the issue, but when your chance conversion rate is noticably lower against weaker teams then I'm just left disappointed.
(disclaimer: This is just my opinion, I'm not saying that any of this is a fact.)
 

If you play teams that consider you their equal or better then they may expect to win or have a good chance of winning and set up their tactics accordingly e.g. ,more offensive. This may mean more chances for both.

If you play teams that consider you better then they will set-up defensively and play negative tactics, maybe more fouls. This may mean less chances for you and them. Do you set up to play more patient football instead of setting up to give them a drubbing? Sure sometimes you will. A single point or restricting your chances is a result for them. In real life this happens and fans get disappointed and on players backs as chances are fewer but expectation for the the so called superior side is higher. You have to break them down

It may be worth looking at say premiership results irl to see how this pans out

All teams will look to put in a last 5-10 min effort to steal or draw or a win. An option is to go defensive and invite them, do you look to counter?

I don't know for fact if FM2020 ME plays like this but if it did it would be very logical. Also look at at home and away results and formations and tactics

This would be my explanation of what you are seeing

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having games with less than 25 shots, normal scores. Players scoring from 1on1's without any problem, crossing when it's on, a couple of minor issues like passing forwards which is not a problem if you're not playing possession game also forwards movement is less obvious if you play more direct. Maybe not enough open play goals too. All that on 20.1.4.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me, or did there used to be a thread/forum to post issues found in the public beta (which is now updated I believe)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Is it just me, or did there used to be a thread/forum to post issues found in the public beta (which is now updated I believe)? 

There did, was quite active last year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

There did, was quite active last year 

Yeah, reason I ask is the ME version in the public beta is still version 2026, are there no match engine changes in this beta?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

If you play teams that consider you their equal or better then they may expect to win or have a good chance of winning and set up their tactics accordingly e.g. ,more offensive. This may mean more chances for both.

If you play teams that consider you better then they will set-up defensively and play negative tactics, maybe more fouls. This may mean less chances for you and them. Do you set up to play more patient football instead of setting up to give them a drubbing? Sure sometimes you will. A single point or restricting your chances is a result for them. In real life this happens and fans get disappointed and on players backs as chances are fewer but expectation for the the so called superior side is higher. You have to break them down

It may be worth looking at say premiership results irl to see how this pans out

All teams will look to put in a last 5-10 min effort to steal or draw or a win. An option is to go defensive and invite them, do you look to counter?

I don't know for fact if FM2020 ME plays like this but if it did it would be very logical. Also look at at home and away results and formations and tactics

This would be my explanation of what you are seeing

 

But you describe real life situation. I have always found playing bigger clubs much easier. It's not the metter of winning it just doesn't feel rewarding and fun. I don't like to win if I didn't deserve to win and also it feels odd not winning after having 30 shots and 5 CCCs. And I know it happens. Representation of this problem is not good enough maybe. In a game like fm, it's good teams that add to realism and challange. Poor teams should limit your shots blabla, stop your best playmakers not score first time shot from 30 meters in 93 minute. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Yeah, reason I ask is the ME version in the public beta is still version 2026, are there no match engine changes in this beta?

Nah mate, just stability fixes by the look, nothing to get excited about 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 4 Minuten schrieb Dagenham_Dave:

Yeah, reason I ask is the ME version in the public beta is still version 2026, are there no match engine changes in this beta?

Just some stability fixes for low end computers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Johnny Ace said:

Nah mate, just stability fixes by the look, nothing to get excited about 

"opts back out"

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

"opts back out"

:lol:

Haha!! I heard the rumblings of a new beta update on here earlier & had a look, didn't bother with it. Any ME changes & I'm all over it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mitja said:

But you describe real life situation. I have always found playing bigger clubs much easier. It's not the metter of winning it just doesn't feel rewarding and fun. I don't like to win if I didn't deserve to win and also it feels odd not winning after having 30 shots and 5 CCCs. 

Having lots of shots and a few CCCs has never meant you deserved to win on FM, that said. This goes for the AI too, which I had tonked with similar match stats on that release in particular. :D The CCC is probably the single worst statistics ever introduced into the game -- as it's given way too much importance by Players. It also doesn'T help Players making better judgement calls as to what's actually going on. And SI haven't ever provided a definition to boot (which is much too lose anyway, whilst ironically oft still missing out on crucial stuff at the same time).

The current ME issues may get fixed.
The CCC going by its history is unfixable.
That said, it was once introduced with good intentions, namely giving an answer as to how sides could lose despite having 30 shots -- and not Always "undeservedly" so.

Problem is, it doesn't and never has provided that answer. 

Edited by Svenc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was very happy with the game prior to this update. However, after playing more, it’s really apparent to me that it’s not an improvement. Crosses are terrible, headers are no longer effective, passes are all over the place, no matter the settings, and the most effective way to score is to go direct, regardless of the team. Working into the box is worthless. Teams continuously score with balls over the top. I play a high, high line, but I was able to cut this out before the last update. There’s no consistency to the game now. It’s so frustrating and I hate to complain, because I was so happy with the game beforehand, but now it’s letting me down. I don’t have the time to compile pkms and screenshots, but it’s clear that I’m not the only one who feels this way. The game is back to where it was during the beta, but worse. 

Edited by zachalxnder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mitja said:

But you describe real life situation. I have always found playing bigger clubs much easier. It's not the metter of winning it just doesn't feel rewarding and fun. I don't like to win if I didn't deserve to win and also it feels odd not winning after having 30 shots and 5 CCCs. And I know it happens. Representation of this problem is not good enough maybe. In a game like fm, it's good teams that add to realism and challange. Poor teams should limit your shots blabla, stop your best playmakers not score first time shot from 30 meters in 93 minute. 

But perhaps I think you need to think about what I said, I appreciate its not a full answer but an opinion of someone who has been with every version since the Amiga - that makes me old but not necessarily wise :) . Look at the FM odds for matches, does this reveal some insight of how teams may set-up? The AI is never as good as a human player, no game I know of is

I can't back up my theory and I respect you have done some analysis which is better than many people here who post from their heart rather than head.

Do continue your analysis with the fact you post, example it and log it if its a potential bug then the ME will hopefully improve if you log it. Real life football is frustrating as a fan and I expect FM is no different but how it reflects real life is clearly a major challenge.  The only way this would work is with a football world managed by human FM managers and even then ME and AI weakness and exploits would be found. Ultimately its a game and as a game it attempts to reveal progress that irl would unlikely happen. If FM Pompey matched real life Pompey as I manage them then I would be in the hot seat no doubt and I'm sure FM bends to making the game more enjoyable than factual. If it matched real life would the game be as enjoyable, that's a hard one

The ME will evolve and good posts with facts like you are starting will help I'm sure. The football world evolves with tactics and player types and that's pretty difficult to match in an ME and to retain a balance that is similar to real life. I've seen Pompey irl win matches they shouldn't but like FM I wont notice that as much as if the tables were turned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say, I think this ME is far more fun than the previous one, if only because it can get really insane sometimes. Like this match I just played:

CCCs-galore.png

My keeper came away with a 9.0 rating despite making a mistake for one of their goals!

Granted, this doesn't happen that often (at least in my save it hasn't) but I'm pretty sure this game should have ended about 7-7 and only the slightly off finishing in this version prevented that. As it was, I won 4-2, having played with 10 men for the final 20 minutes. 

Edited by JEinchy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mitja said:

Agreed. Winning easier against top teams too?

Not easy for me. I manage St Johnstone, and its taken me until 2022/23 to beat Celtic. Even then it was a 2-2 draw in a Cup they don't care about, and I beat them on penalties. I've also only beaten Rangers around twice in that time. I had a game at Celtic Park where I didn't have a single shot on target as they were all over me all match, couldn't get out my own half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I guess it's still possible to have further ME tweaks before Christmas. They released the second update much earlier than they usually release it ( around 1 week before Xmas ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JEinchy said:

I will say, I think this ME is far more fun than the previous one, if only because it can get really insane sometimes. Like this match I just played:

CCCs-galore.png

My keeper came away with a 9.0 rating despite making a mistake for one of their goals!

Granted, this doesn't happen that often (at least in my save it hasn't) but I'm pretty sure this game should have ended about 7-7 and only the slightly off finishing in this version prevented that. As it was, I won 4-2, having played with 10 men for the final 20 minutes. 

They said in the bugs forum that the number of shots has gone up again in the latest ME and are working to balance it. Hopefully soon because I think i enjoyed more ME 2021 than 2026.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After 20.2 update there is stuttering in 3d matches. It’s really annoying. How can i solve that? I also started a topic in bugs forum but didn’t get any answers yet.

My computer’s specs:

i7 4720

GTX 970m

16GB RAM

Edited by srvngrc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zachalxnder said:

Would the majority agree that an update is more of a necessity now than prior to 20.2?

Regardless of the answer, you're not going to get a majority of people involved, rather a fraction of the people who post here, who will be a fraction of the forum base, who will in turn be a fraction of the playing base. Nor would it help push an update out. Not aimed at you, but the thread needs to step away from the "if I shout loud enough, and get enough likes/people on my side then things will go my way or my argument will be stronger" type vibe. Whether it's 1v1, crosses, throughballs, it always ends the same way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, andu1 said:

They said in the bugs forum that the number of shots has gone up again in the latest ME and are working to balance it. Hopefully soon because I think i enjoyed more ME 2021 than 2026.

Could you link up where that was said please? Had a quick look & couldn't see anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Regardless of the answer, you're not going to get a majority of people involved, rather a fraction of the people who post here, who will be a fraction of the forum base, who will in turn be a fraction of the playing base. Nor would it help push an update out. Not aimed at you, but the thread needs to step away from the "if I shout loud enough, and get enough likes/people on my side then things will go my way or my argument will be stronger" type vibe. Whether it's 1v1, crosses, throughballs, it always ends the same way

I know and I’m not looking for that. I just didn’t have an issue beforehand, but I do now after 20.2, so I understand where you’re coming from. What I’m more interested in is hearing if people who have been unsatisfied are more so now than previously. I found the obsession with throughballs a bit humorous, but I understood the gripe. I feel now that, while certain issues have been solved, new problems are created. It would’ve been great if this could have been fixed in the beta, but it happens. I don’t remember it being like this last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, zachalxnder said:

I know and I’m not looking for that. I just didn’t have an issue beforehand, but I do now after 20.2, so I understand where you’re coming from. What I’m more interested in is hearing if people who have been unsatisfied are more so now than previously. I found the obsession with throughballs a bit humorous, but I understood the gripe. I feel now that, while certain issues have been solved, new problems are created. It would’ve been great if this could have been fixed in the beta, but it happens. I don’t remember it being like this last year. 

But it doesn't matter one way or another since you'll only get a tiny sample, and its not useful feedback for SI either, which is the primary, but often derailed point of this thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the ME, but the low convertion of 1 vs 1 lead to the poor goalscoring record. 

In five season i made every top goalscorers in the best leagues (and also in the others i loaded) made always a low numbers of goals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on SI what the hell is this?? absolute garbage own goal

Just rage quit the game this is pure waste of time

 

QF in the Champions League Vs Real Madrid , leading 1-0 from the first match

 

Edited by GOODNAME

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just noticed that the demo I was testing has ME 2021, and the current one is 2026 right? If so, any idea when the demo will be updated?

I am playing FM Touch by the way, don't know if it makes a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The update they released in the last week has improved decision making in the final third (or feels that way at least).

The amount of long balls over the top into missed one on ones is concerning though. It feels like each team gets 2-3 one on ones each game from long balls and the conversion rate is pretty bad.

In real life, opening a team up feels like a big deal but it happens way too often (and isn't punished) on this current ME.

Anybody else experiencing similar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...