Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, I have one question regarding the recent update.

Does the update regarding the ME includes previous saves or do I need to start new game in order to get recent updates ?

I ask this because Haaland in my Leeds save had 8 CC chances one on one against Watford keeper - scored none.

Game after that, against Burnley ha had 5 CC chances one on one and scored only once.

To me, it seems impossible for him to score by foot :(, it' unreal (and also this amount of CC chances, against me Norwich had 10 shots on target and every single one was CC)

Also, I've noticed I concede more goals from Free kicks and Corners then before the update...

5 hours ago, Vertical Tiki-Taka said:

What camera angle is that? How/where on earth did the stand structures come from? Looks magnificent, is this some imported skin? 

Regards

Sorry dude, missed this

It was from a custom highlight I recorded, why the stadium edges show up there & in no 2D views, I have no clue   

3 hours ago, Fritz13 said:

For each match I seem to need to set my OIs when I have them set already at position level.

Am I missing something as for FM19 if the OIs were set for positions then these would automatically be applied to each opponent 

I have the same issue, having to manually tick the box for team instructions in opp. instructions. They should default to my team-setting automatically, otherwise what's the point?

Trying to do a journeyman save.  I broke Europe into seven pods of five teams (ranked from highest to lowest).  I started with the lowest two pods (9 nations).  I, finally, reached the point where I removed the leagues in the lowest pod and added the leagues in the next pod up.  Now I have 10 nations loaded (up from 9).  However, the player count has increased from 50,000 to 95,000.  Shouldn't this number stay closer to 50,000?  The net nation gain was +1 and the net league gain/loss was, I think, -3 (thanks to N. Ireland leagues going away)  

If it keeps increasing like this, I won't be able to finish the save with just the leagues in the highest two pods loaded.

Is it normal for the player count to increase like this?

36 minutes ago, Martin#2 said:

If it is really the same garbage every year, stop giving them your money. I know its the only manager on the market but its like with women. I´d rather be alone than in a horrible relationship with a terrible woman.

I bought fm 19, didn´t like it, downloaded fm 20 demo, the match engine is shockingly bad, so they are not getting my money this year, it is that simple.

Should have done the same by using the demo instead of play the beta, and pay full price to reward SiGames, and totally agree on you'r point of view.

Match engine is really getting worse every year since the implement of "mentality" in match. Player is really making dumb and incomprehensive thing on the pitch. And now that I see what kind of ambassador SI hire, I totally understand why it's getting worse and won't be better any further. They all use cheaty tactic like 5-0-5, and say ME is good, you user are bad tactical maker and SI is just listening to them. That's a galaxy far far away from my football manager, and it's a at least 40k hour game talking here, bought every CM and FM since 1993, but today is my last day on FM forever.

SIGames, thank's for the almost 30years I played, and wish I could say good luck but I can't, sorry

Regarding over the defence lobs: I'd like you guys to try using a sweeper-keeper on most aggressive settings.

I use it and seems to barely have any troubles with those kind of long passes. It could be some other settings, or me just getting lucky, but it could make sense engine-wise: Opp. defenders not wanting to hoof the ball as they "know" my keeper is set to intercept those balls (even though he doesn't really do that). Just a thought.

Report back, please.

5 minutes ago, Rayban_DK said:

Regarding over the defence lobs: I'd like you guys to try using a sweeper-keeper on most aggressive settings.

I use it and seems to barely have any troubles with those kind of long passes. It could be some other settings, or me just getting lucky, but it could make sense engine-wise: Opp. defenders not wanting to hoof the ball as they "know" my keeper is set to intercept those balls (even though he doesn't really do that). Just a thought.

Report back, please.

I was using a sweeper keeper on D in the videos I posted. Will have a play with it to see if it improves things. It seems to be more an issue with my defence playing too high and also not reacting fast enough to balls being punted over them

I've set up a new game but don't want even know if I want to bother given the feedback, seems as though SI don't care.

Next year, I won't be getting the BETA and will refrain from buying the product unless I hear good reviews on here, bored of it now.

Another strange thing is the inability for any player to score in the top-middle of the goal. I think that's because of keepers having too solid of a hit-box, preventing anything in that particular area. Or maybe my sample size is too small?

Someone please check and see if it's the same in your game:

6j.thumb.png.32ecf4809414394afe06db4e2a957a80.png

I think that it is crucial to have a balance, so that there is no the "best tactic" for every situation: I think that the most funny part is to adapt the idea of football we have to the team we are managing, the team we are playing against etc.

Edited by Delvi

Just now, 91836 said:

Fully agree with this. Also worth noting if you did buy the game and aren't happy there's a good chance you can still get a refund. I spent about 10 hours on FM20 before giving up because of the ME and had no problems getting my money back 

I only played 200 more than half game just being open) hours mostly reporting things with fm19, didn't touch the game since before christmas. You think I could at least change it for fm20? :D

9 minutes ago, Rayban_DK said:

Another strange thing is the inability for any player to score in the top-middle of the goal. I think that's because of keepers having too solid of a hit-box, preventing anything in that particular area. Or maybe my sample size is too small?

Someone please check and see if it's the same in your game:

6j.thumb.png.32ecf4809414394afe06db4e2a957a80.png

Mine is the same 

17 - 3 - 8

15 - 2 - 23

I prefer to see it as good placement. :D

To play devil's advocate, how many goals do we see that central?

IS there any tactics page or training I can do to fix the following two issues

1) players just not picking up at throw ins, they stand in formation like zombies and suddenly spur into life when the throw is taken, but often they are 2/3 yards off and it's too late

2) preventing my players from just heading the ball up in the box and not out, followed by stopping and staring as the opposition run in and smash the inevitable bullet volley into the net?

18 minutes ago, bahrami said:

I've set up a new game but don't want even know if I want to bother given the feedback, seems as though SI don't care.

Next year, I won't be getting the BETA and will refrain from buying the product unless I hear good reviews on here, bored of it now.

SI do care about feedback. Constructive feedback, that is, not just generic moaning that the game is rubbish without specifying why. Tell the developers what you think is wrong - with as much detail as possible - and I'm sure they'll listen.

For what it's worth, I played the demo last month and decided that I wasn't buying FM20. The match engine at the time seemed to be a few tweaks from being seriously good, but I wasn't too happy with the "deadly long balls over the top" and "shooting from tight angles" issues that others had noted.

That's not the main reason why I'm skipping FM20, though. I've been playing Football Manager pretty much constantly for the last decade and just feel burnt out, especially after having such a rotten 2019 on a personal level. So I'm taking a year out from FM with a view to coming back for FM21.

It's okay to stop playing something a game that aren't enjoying as much as you used to. I certainly don't have a problem with people who are admitting they won't play FM20 or buy FM21 for that reason. But people who play a video game, hate it, complain about it, then buy the next version, hate that, and complain about that, ad infinitum... why? Just... WHY?!

3 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Enough of the childish digs. We’ve already had to hand out a number of restrictions and bans, and we’ll have to keep doing it if people aren’t getting the message. 

That said, what your average FM Player considers as a "totally dominating Performance" oft tends to be farcical, and much of the game's Feedback can also be quite a bit to blame (same as, arguably, how easy it to get set piece shots / on target). I've done memes in the past, and I've watched a lot of pkms. I've raised some of this to SI, or tried to.  The frequency of the 1vs1 Needs to be likely adressed anyway, as streaks of misses / saves should be super likely and common, in particular the lesser / more difficult ones. If they continue to happen in a single amtch though...

Ist still a shame though, as top Teams can actually "dominate" all they want in actual Football, and still drop the Points in sequence (Juve start of 2015 Season, Real practically the entire first half of 17/18 Season). And then take a look at how Pep's dropping the Points this term, being just as many Points behind Liverpool already. Individual Football seasons can be quite bonkers, though that tends to Level in the longer term. If FM were to simulate that, and a Football sim proper should to a Degree.... Forum meltdown. And good luck moderating that. :D 

Edited by Svenc

4 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

IS there any tactics page or training I can do to fix the following two issues

1) players just not picking up at throw ins, they stand in formation like zombies and suddenly spur into life when the throw is taken, but often they are 2/3 yards off and it's too late

2) preventing my players from just heading the ball up in the box and not out, followed by stopping and staring as the opposition run in and smash the inevitable bullet volley into the net?

I've noticed these too. The first one is probably one of the reasons balls over the top are happening so much, the defence aren't reacting in time to them.

33 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

I was using a sweeper keeper on D in the videos I posted. Will have a play with it to see if it improves things. It seems to be more an issue with my defence playing too high and also not reacting fast enough to balls being punted over them

I've tried having my defence play high play low and everything in between. Straight long balls from around the halfway line seemingly constantly result in the defenders misjudging the ball, or jumping under it etc. 

I did wonder if it was because I was playing a stopper and cover defender combo. So tried it with two defenders on D. Same results. Strikers miss 9 out of 10 times anyway so I've just given up caring. 

49 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Sorry dude, missed this

It was from a custom highlight I recorded, why the stadium edges show up there & in no 2D views, I have no clue   

Thanks for the reply. Any mods willing to offer an explanation why the stadium structures shows up in 2D highlight replays & not in actual gameplay?

Would be great if we could get this incorporated into 2D gameplay as a possible view.

Regards

Aston Villa v Brentford.pkm

Just had a wonderful match where the engine did exactly what I demanded of the players in a 5-3-2 formation with wingbacks. Go watch especially the first 20 minutes of play in full and experience the engine when it's being the best it can be! I just wish every game would follow this kind of play going forward by I fear this to be an outlier.

I manage Brentford btw.

I'm having a bit of an odd issue. After upgrading to 20.2 the other day, FM20 has been running fine for me. The lag in the 3d match engine was gone and everything else was good. However, playing it today, I'm getting lag in the general interface, like in my inbox. Every mouse move/click seems to be delayed by a few milliseconds. I don't know if there is an impact on the 3d match engine yet as it's the summer so I have no games.

I haven't changed any settings in FM or on my laptop.

Does anyone else have the problem of goal line technology showing the decision from an angle that doesn't allow you to see how close it is to crossing the line?

Mine seems to show it from the edge of the box rather than in line with the goal line 

11 minutes ago, cris182 said:

Does anyone else have the problem of goal line technology showing the decision from an angle that doesn't allow you to see how close it is to crossing the line?

Mine seems to show it from the edge of the box rather than in line with the goal line 

Yep, which is wierd because last year it worked just fine giving you a zoomed in overhead view of the ball. 

I've even seen a goal line decision be a goal too. Couldn't tell if it was via the actual tech though! 

11 dakika önce, frank_olaf said:

I'm having a bit of an odd issue. After upgrading to 20.2 the other day, FM20 has been running fine for me. The lag in the 3d match engine was gone and everything else was good. However, playing it today, I'm getting lag in the general interface, like in my inbox. Every mouse move/click seems to be delayed by a few milliseconds. I don't know if there is an impact on the 3d match engine yet as it's the summer so I have no games.

I haven't changed any settings in FM or on my laptop.

Same problem for me. I was playing very smoothly until 20.2 update. But now there is stuttering in 3d match. I don’t know why. I didn’t change anything.

1 saat önce, Mitja said:

I only played 200 more than half game just being open) hours mostly reporting things with fm19, didn't touch the game since before christmas. You think I could at least change it for fm20? :D

But why? I think almost all of us know that. But I couldn’t find any reason. It’s so easy to release the game when it’s fully ready. This also would be better for SI. They’re getting too many criticism because of releasing unfinished product like FM 20. 

9 minutes ago, srvngrc said:

But why? I think almost all of us know that. But I couldn’t find any reason. It’s so easy to release the game when it’s fully ready. This also would be better for SI. They’re getting too many criticism because of releasing unfinished product like FM 20. 

I agree. But at the same time I find fm20 an improvement. REALLY didn't like 19.

1 hour ago, 91836 said:

Fully agree with this. Also worth noting if you did buy the game and aren't happy there's a good chance you can still get a refund. I spent about 10 hours on FM20 before giving up because of the ME and had no problems getting my money back 

That's very interesting where was that from, I always understood that if you had played more thanm two hours that was impossible

The first goal in this game is a thing of absolute beauty which is why I find this ME so frustrating. It's capable of glorious football but often times just seemingly chooses to not bother.

On another note I almost died when the bloke scored, he'd not scored in over 20 hours of football until that point, then scored 3 more.

Geylang Int. v DPMM.pkm

Edited by kiwityke1983

1 hour ago, CFuller said:

SI do care about feedback. Constructive feedback, that is, not just generic moaning that the game is rubbish without specifying why. Tell the developers what you think is wrong - with as much detail as possible - and I'm sure they'll listen.

For what it's worth, I played the demo last month and decided that I wasn't buying FM20. The match engine at the time seemed to be a few tweaks from being seriously good, but I wasn't too happy with the "deadly long balls over the top" and "shooting from tight angles" issues that others had noted.

That's not the main reason why I'm skipping FM20, though. I've been playing Football Manager pretty much constantly for the last decade and just feel burnt out, especially after having such a rotten 2019 on a personal level. So I'm taking a year out from FM with a view to coming back for FM21.

It's okay to stop playing something a game that aren't enjoying as much as you used to. I certainly don't have a problem with people who are admitting they won't play FM20 or buy FM21 for that reason. But people who play a video game, hate it, complain about it, then buy the next version, hate that, and complain about that, ad infinitum... why? Just... WHY?!

I pretty much agree with one of your posts for a change, I am in a similar position as you, but I skipped FM17,18 and 19 and am still playing FM16 and loving it, I am quite happy to carry on playing it until SI release a game that feel I have to have

4 hours ago, Martin#2 said:

Guys, I 100% agree with all the criticism this game is (deservedly) getting, however, I see a lot of people claiming this game has the same issues year after year, it is even getting worse etc. Well, then why do you keep buying it? Its the same thing with other titles. People keep moaning about lacklustre quality, unfinished product, lootboxes, micro transactions but they keep buying and even preordering.

If it is really the same garbage every year, stop giving them your money. I know its the only manager on the market but its like with women. I´d rather be alone than in a horrible relationship with a terrible woman.

I bought fm 19, didn´t like it, downloaded fm 20 demo, the match engine is shockingly bad, so they are not getting my money this year, it is that simple.

I also see that a lot of guys who gave feedback last year are not here anymore, maybe they do not care anymore because their feedback was basically disregarded. Even my posts that did not violate any rules were edited (without any notice) or deleted completely.

Vote with your wallets guys and don´t support bad products. Its the only way to change things.

That's too logical xD jks!

In all seriousness its the base it's created, it's addictive not to mention it can be "Boring" playing older ones when you have all this new stuff to look at in the new ones. Look at fifa, exact same every year because it's addicting and it surves a purpose for them, In the same boat as you tbh but having to go back to older games for me ruins it slightly cause the new stuff is great to see and an updated database. I don't get the same satisfaction going back for me personally, fm17 imo is the best but if I go back to it there are times im like mehhh ill play another game or play a few where ill turn off- not heavily invested.

With the majority loving the game regardless of what we see and forum users see, it'll barely make a dent to them. Good or for worse this game will not shut down, it's too huge of a fanbase and the closest thing to football. 

Still toying with the demo 20.1.4. Is it awaiting the update? Cheers

This is the 3rd time I have asked. I am showing 20.1.4.

Someone must be able to respond - is this demo going to get that upgrade!!!!!!

Is this still a known and ignored issue or do I need to back this up with evidence?

Really all you need to do it test the game to see these issues.

In 41 games including 7 friendlies I've only converted 5 out of 15 penalties.

This doesn't include 1 pen shootout win where I won 3-2 and 10 penalties were taken. 

I understand penalties are missed but in this, stats wise, it's an absolute joke.

So far this season in the prem 6 out of 31 pens have been saved or missed that's less than 1 in 5 the season before it was around 19 out of 84. And the same players tends to be the ones who miss.

So I just deleted my ... nineth? save game from FM20 after another horrendus start of a career save. A loss home against a newly promoted Gillingham with zero wins after 12 games of the season was the final straw. I will never understand stuff like tactics, or how a player can be complacent after a series of losses, or how some people say this game is easy.

Now onto career save attemp number 10.

Edited by Viking

3 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

All these Matches were AI v AI on Full Detail . 

Leagues loaded or leagues loaded and matches in full detail? If the latter, can you please report this in the bugs forum? I've not seen anything close to that in my own save, but I'm in the Croatian 2nd Div.

vor 1 Minute schrieb HUNT3R:

Leagues loaded or leagues loaded and matches in full detail? If the latter, can you please report this in the bugs forum?

Leagues loaded in Full Detail .  Those who i think are worth being fully simulated + youth leagues . I have started a thread in the bugs forum a few days ago

4 horas atrás, deaks500 disse:

10 hours!!! Not even usually got to the 1st pre season friendly by then lol 

Its up to folk what they spend their money on and what they deem to be value, but jesus there ain't half some hyperbolic drama queens on here today! Ive no issues with the ME so im happy with the game, not to say its perfect and improvements cant be made. Im sorry to read that some people are having issues and arn't enjoying it but saying things like the game is shockingly bad or Si dont care is as hyperbolic nonsense as someone saying Wow best game ever or ME is perfect its your tactics , as usual the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

The ME will always need work, but its not unplayable and tbh at most people have paid what £40 for the game, if they only play it for 10-20 hours its still decent value. Constructive critisism is always interesting to read but this over the top flouncing comes across a bit entitled.

Exactly. And if you question why they say ME is worse by the year they make it seem that way because of some stupid thing like "the ball is orange". So many drama queens. Yes, there are problems, but they are minimal compared to what the ME was improved, and there are patches that will come out.

14 minutos atrás, HUNT3R disse:

Leagues loaded or leagues loaded and matches in full detail? If the latter, can you please report this in the bugs forum? I've not seen anything close to that in my own save, but I'm in the Croatian 2nd Div.

I did report a bug, but no one replied. Everytime I launch fm I need to change setting to play in window because everytime it launchs on full screen. Is there anything to do in this case?

one on ones are properly broken.... Im bored of broken MEs, I know its never going to be perfect but almost every one on one created is missed. 

1 on 1 ccc missed, 85, 78, 72, 69, 60, 46,13 mins, 7 in one match!

Burnley v Liverpool.pkm

4 one on ones ccc missed in one match

Sheff Utd v Norwich.pkm

Missed one on ones, 10,21,57,68

Arsenal v Liverpool.pkm

Missed one on ones, 12,56

Liverpool v Bournemouth.pkm

Edited by Weller1980

2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

The Demo always gets updated.

Mine doesn't load up more recent pkms anymore, which suggests it's not been commenced. I would have really loved to take a look at the 7 one on ones missed, as I have a suspicious. Then again, if those were on average 1 in 4 chances (which might be), missing 7 should be perfectly possible. It's the frequency in single matches then that may be the bigger issue, who knows.

2 hours ago, Viking said:

So I just deleted my ... nineth? save game from FM20 after another horrendus start of a career save. A loss home against a newly promoted Gillingham with zero wins after 12 games of the season was the final straw. I will never understand stuff like tactics, or how a player can be complacent after a series of losses, or how some people say this game is easy.

Now onto career save attemp number 10.

a) I suggest you let your assistant handle Matches.
b) Or raise to SI that you want a tactical assistant Manager proper (it would actually be a quite realistic feature)
https://www.dw.com/en/löw-celebrates-a-year-of-success-before-real-test-begins/a-2679005-0
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henk_ten_Cate

Alternatively, stick to the style pre-sets. Don't fiddle. Can't see them bombing that badly every time.

Edited by Svenc