Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

6 minutes ago, MattStatto said:

Are you playing with a really high line? Because it would make sense for deep through balls to be effective against you if you are and your midfield/forwards aren't successfully pressing the ball player. If you're playing a deep block and still conceding from deep through balls then there's defo a problem.

No, I realised this, I play with a higher line on a positive mentality but obviously since noticing this I've moved my engagement and defensive line back to standard. My thinking is I stop conceding that way and maybe take advantage of it myself.

2 minutes ago, hazzabish said:

The balls over the top are definitely a problem. Overall it's definitely an improvement but it's two steps forward one back.

Yeah I like the way this plays now, just better everyone is aware, I imagine any formations with very high line are compromised now.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Champfan10 said:

No, I realised this, I play with a higher line on a positive mentality but obviously since noticing this I've moved my engagement and defensive line back to standard. My thinking is I stop conceding that way and maybe take advantage of it myself.

Yeah I like the way this plays now, just better everyone is aware, I imagine any formations with very high line are compromised now.

That's why in real life a lot of teams prefer to play deep and counter. There's more space to play into. There's very few teams that play with a really high line and succeed. Usually the top, top teams like Man City and even they're having difficulties from time to time at the moment. Teams have learnt how to easily exploit a high line hence why you get managers like Valverde at Barcelona often choosing to sit deeper in defensive banks to eliminate the space in behind. Another good example of this is when you play a game like PES or FIFA. I tend to find it's usually the team who dominates the ball who gets beaten as it's difficult to find space to penetrate whereas the opponent then spams the through ball on the break and wins. It applies to real life and video games to be honest. Liverpool are a good example too, they're much more effective when the other team comes to play against them as then they revert to long ball counter attacks. Usually Henderson or one of the fullbacks/Van Dijk punting it long into the channel for Mane or Salah to chase.

Edited by MattStatto

Another game.  This time with a back 5 of defence with 2 center backs set to cover to try mitigate the long balls over the top of my defence, defensive width set to the narrowest I can to try squeeze out room for central play.  Please someone watch this one.  8 out of Bournemouth's 10 CCC's were long balls over the top to Callum Wilson while my entire defensive line stood and watched.  

This surely is a bug.

Bournemouth v Newcastle2.pkm

2 minutes ago, MattStatto said:

That's why in real life a lot of teams prefer to play deep and counter. There's more space to play into. There's very few teams that play with a really high line and succeed. Usually the top, top teams like Man City and even they're having difficulties from time to time at the moment. Teams have learnt how to easily exploit a high line hence why you get managers like Valverde at Barcelona often choosing to sit deeper in defensive banks to eliminate the space in behind. Another good example of this is when you play a game like PES or FIFA. I tend to find it's usually the team who dominates the ball who gets beaten as it's difficult to find space to penetrate whereas the opponent then spams the through ball on the break and wins. It applies to real life and video games to be honest. Liverpool are a good example too, they're much more effective when the other team comes to play against them as then they revert to long ball counter attacks. Usually Henderson or one of the fullbacks/Van Dijk punting it long into the channel for Mane or Salah to chase.

As an Arsenal fan I know what you mean, we've been taken apart playing a high line against Liverpool in the past.

Like I said I like the patch and I do think its more accurate now in terms of playing like a real game.

Ok, after playing few matches, I've noticed a pattern that attacking player movement and wide player decision making has improved. The wide players are squaring/crossing the ball a lot more now when it's on. As for long through balls over the top, the effectiveness of this could be tied to improved movement up front. Deep players are now seeing more movement up front hence playing more balls into the space. The defenders movement imo need to keep up with the attackers movement to balance this. At the moment the defenders are losing their markers far too easily which results in several one on one chances. This may not be too bad for the balance however as you now need to think more carefully before playing a high line which seemed too easy to pull off successfully before. Haven't noticed anything odd apart from this so far. :thup:

Edited by pats

28 minutes ago, Mitja said:

It happens but look at defending MR who's responsible for fullback..what the hell is he doing?  

The point was I've seen a few, bug worthy? I don't know but Luke Shaw scored two of those exact same goals in one game 

Just now, Champfan10 said:

As an Arsenal fan I know what you mean, we've been taken apart playing a high line against Liverpool in the past.

Like I said I like the patch and I do think its more accurate now in terms of playing like a real game.

Yeah I'm glad you appreciate it, I'm really enjoying it now. I was worried my tactics wouldn't work (I do play a high-ish line but don't counter and focus on slowly building attacks so we don't turn the ball over a lot) but so far they still seem to be reasonable effective although we do concede from the odd through ball over the top. If you're gonna use a high line don't set your team to counter and you should find you don't give away the ball in transition allowing the opposition to launch one over the top whilst your players are out of position. When I was using a high line, fast tempo and counter attacking I was getting destroyed on the break - even on the old match engine so god knows how bad it would've been on this one with more accurate one on ones. I don't know how much attention the developers pay to the feedback in this thread but I don't want them to destroy a match engine on the basis people don't understand tactics and how to set a team up effectively. Just to clarify that's a general statement and not at all referring to you who's said you recognised the issue and fixed it.

5 minutes ago, Rakosi said:

Another game.  This time with a back 5 of defence with 2 center backs set to cover to try mitigate the long balls over the top of my defence, defensive width set to the narrowest I can to try squeeze out room for central play.  Please someone watch this one.  8 out of Bournemouth's 10 CCC's were long balls over the top to Callum Wilson while my entire defensive line stood and watched.  

This surely is a bug.

Bournemouth v Newcastle2.pkm 170.33 kB · 1 download

Are you using higher DL and LOE?

1 hour ago, Rakosi said:

This surely is a bug.

Bournemouth v Newcastle2.pkm 170.33 kB · 2 downloads

what formation you using bro? with a back 5 you gotta park the bus or you'll get destroyed (Newcastle in real life are a good example of using this effectively or Everton vs Leicester the weekend just gone). If you use a high line in a back 5 you won't have the bodies to press higher up the field and just leave yourself exposed to through balls. Plus if you've got the width set to real narrow are your midfielders able to cover the space effectively to close down their players on the ball? Essentially 5 men defences really only work when there's the 5 man block with a 4 man block in front of them to literally defend the penalty area/space just in front of it.

*** Check Champfan10's 5-4-1 - he's managed to get it working well from more of a possession perspective

Edited by MattStatto

1 minute ago, MattStatto said:

Yeah I'm glad you appreciate it, I'm really enjoying it now. I was worried my tactics wouldn't work (I do play a high-ish line but don't counter and focus on slowly building attacks so we don't turn the ball over a lot) but so far they still seem to be reasonable effective although we do concede from the odd through ball over the top. If you're gonna use a high line don't set your team to counter and you should find you don't give away the ball in transition allowing the opposition to launch one over the top whilst your players are out of position. When I was using a high line, fast tempo and counter attacking I was getting destroyed on the break - even on the old match engine so god knows how bad it would've been on this one with more accurate one on ones. I don't know how much attention the developers pay to the feedback in this thread but I don't want them to destroy a match engine on the basis people don't understand tactics and how to set a team up effectively. Just to clarify that's a general statement and not at all referring to you who's said you recognised the issue and fixed it.

Your tactic sounds similar to mine, I've actually got a libero working now, picking the ball up off the keeper and starting our play from there in a 5-4-1 set up with a slow build up but I concede very little with Bolton, 22 in 46 in the Championship and 5 in 13 games in the Prem. Enjoying the fact that patience wins and actually feel like I've put a stamp on this team to play the way I want them to, I feel previously you'd win all your game by 3+ goals or just lose there wasn't much of an in between and ultra attacking was generally the better way to play.

9 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Played about 20 games now and can confirm what I already thought after 3 games. 1 on 1s have gone from something that seemed reasonably okay on the old ME to just totally and utterly broken now. There is a less than 10% chance of scoring seemingly. 

The most common commentary is something along the lines of "that was easier to score than miss", "how has he missed that" repeat 4 or 5 times each game combined for both teams. 

When you throw in half chances you are probably looking at something like 10-15 chances being missed. 

Every game has 30 to 40 shots too. 

At least player ratings and club vision seem to have been fixed at least. 

Actually the patch was meant to increase 1vs1 scoring, so yeah, get the FIFA, this game just isn't for you.

My experience is completely different to yours.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

The point was I've seen a few, bug worthy? I don't know but Luke Shaw scored two of those exact same goals in one game 

Typical open play goal before patch. Pass from the box to unmarked player who scores first time. Seen many. FBs direct marker, winger defenetely made wrong decision to stand there on the line. I don't think pro player would do that but this is agame so I don't know.

7 minutes ago, Champfan10 said:

Your tactic sounds similar to mine, I've actually got a libero working now, picking the ball up off the keeper and starting our play from there in a 5-4-1 set up with a slow build up but I concede very little with Bolton, 22 in 46 in the Championship and 5 in 13 games in the Prem. Enjoying the fact that patience wins and actually feel like I've put a stamp on this team to play the way I want them to, I feel previously you'd win all your game by 3+ goals or just lose there wasn't much of an in between and ultra attacking was generally the better way to play.

That sounds good bro, I'm impressed you've managed to get a back 5 to work effectively, is it a flat 5-4-1? I used to always try to get a 5-2-3 to work back in the day but had mixed success due to not having the bodies in the midfield to cover the space either side of the 2 in midfield. I defo feel you can use a back 5 with a slow tempo or in a defensive setting to see out games but i've always struggled to have enough control for my liking. At the moment I'm using a 4-2-2-2 (essentially 4-4-2) at home and a deep 4-2-3-1 away to help gain possession in away games.

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 13.54.51.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 13.55.26.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 13.57.11.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 13.58.09.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 13.57.51.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 13.57.39.png

Edited by MattStatto

4 minutes ago, Champfan10 said:

@MattStatto this is the shape I've got working at the minute, been using it as a base for 2 and a half seasons now with the odd tweak. The keeper gets a lot of clean sheets as well, not as efficient as creating chances as yours though.

image.thumb.png.49e2aae7954594989b471e73c89ec490.png

image.thumb.png.fe716a54e75a362e3b99b7de772592b6.png

Ayyy i like that a lot, I might have a go at using something similar. I have a real thing for back 3s/5s as I used to coach a team about 8 years ago and we had so much success using a 3-4-3/5-2-3 I've always tried to replicate it on FM but never managed to succeed entirely. My goal for this year was to finally create a successful 4-4-2 system as I've never managed to before and I'm of the belief that with the right instructions any system can be effective. The one I've utilised defo works at home although it's a bit weak away from home due to being pushed back due to an aggressive press from the opposition, that's what prompted me to use exactly the same instructions but with an additional man in midfield so I could continue to play possession based football but not get overran in the middle. In my first season in the PL when i used the 4-4-2 home and away, we played well at home but away we just couldn't cut it, so I had to adapt it. Eddie Howe needs to take note haha, his 4-4-2 is horrific away from home.

Side note: what's that skin you're using and how do you find the stats like you just showed me with it showing your record across your previous seasons with average ratings?

3 minutes ago, MattStatto said:

Ayyy i like that a lot, I might have a go at using something similar. I have a real thing for back 3s/5s as I used to coach a team about 8 years ago and we had so much success using a 3-4-3/5-2-3 I've always tried to replicate it on FM but never managed to succeed entirely. My goal for this year was to finally create a successful 4-4-2 system as I've never managed to before and I'm of the belief that with the right instructions any system can be effective. The one I've utilised defo works at home although it's a bit weak away from home due to being pushed back due to an aggressive press from the opposition, that's what prompted me to use exactly the same instructions but with an additional man in midfield so I could continue to play possession based football but not get overran in the middle. In my first season in the PL when i used the 4-4-2 home and away, we played well at home but away we just couldn't cut it, so I had to adapt it. Eddie Howe needs to take note haha, his 4-4-2 is horrific away from home.

Side note: what's that skin you're using and how do you find the stats like you just showed me with it showing your record across your previous seasons with average ratings?

Here you go there's good squad views and player search views etc included in that skin. The stats are just the players history/career stats page.

I have tried to create a 4-4-2 but it wouldn't work for me, maybe I need to try at a bigger side first but I find its a bit easy to win with a Champions League type club at the start.

20 minutes ago, Champfan10 said:

@MattStatto this is the shape I've got working at the minute, been using it as a base for 2 and a half seasons now with the odd tweak. The keeper gets a lot of clean sheets as well, not as efficient as creating chances as yours though.

Intrigued by this as I'm also a fan of a 3-4-3. Do you find that your wide players get up to support the striker with the wing backs overlapping? 

A 3-4-3 can be really hard to play against if the front 3 is narrow and up with the striker in attack and then wider and alongside the centre-mids in defence.

Edited by TheInvisibleMan

6 minutes ago, Champfan10 said:

Here you go there's good squad views and player search views etc included in that skin. The stats are just the players history/career stats page.

I have tried to create a 4-4-2 but it wouldn't work for me, maybe I need to try at a bigger side first but I find its a bit easy to win with a Champions League type club at the start.

Yeah I never managed a team in a top division from the start. I managed to implement the 4-4-2 from the get go and get Hull City promoted out of the Championship with what is essentially a league one rated squad on FM exceptions being Bowen and Grosicki. I like to set it so there's no transfers in the first window for realism and then we didn't get any money in january anyways. So it was one of my best achievements on FM doing it with that squad to be honest. Then I tend to be super aggressive with transfers until I get a squad I'm happy with and tend to abuse my wage budget/utilising 3 year installments for transfers, essentially betting the club's financial stability on my ability to succeed which thankfully generally works. It was only when in the Premier League and the strength of the opposition led me to have to use the deep 4-2-3-1 away from home but it's good to have the 4-4-2 in case I need to go for broke when chasing an away game and vice-versa in home games it's nice to have a formation with an extra midfielder in there to see games out.

Cheers for the skin link.

Edited by MattStatto

8 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Intrigued by this as I'm also a fan of a 3-4-3. Do you find that your wide players get up to support the striker with the wing backs overlapping? 

A 3-4-3 can be really hard to play against if the front 3 is narrow and up with the striker in attack and then wider and alongside the centre-mids in defence.

Yeah the wide players are the main support, they get a lot of goals from the overlapping wing backs picking them out from crosses or general interplay between them.

If its a slow building attack we can get 6 or 7 player in and around the 18 yard box, but we regroup defensively so have plenty of players behind the ball if countered.

My without the ball looks as it does above but with the ball it looks like the following:-

image.thumb.png.29ab6e15117894f84f379271fb5fce37.png

Just now, Champfan10 said:

Yeah the wide players are the main support, they get a lot of goals from the overlapping wing backs picking them out from crosses or general interplay between them.

If its a slow building attack we can get 6 or 7 player in and around the 18 yard box, but we regroup defensively so have plenty of players behind the ball if countered.

My without the ball looks as it does above but with the ball it looks like the following:-

image.thumb.png.29ab6e15117894f84f379271fb5fce37.png

I like it mate, thanks for sharing that :thup:

Such a flexible shape. A lot of people think of 5 at the back as really defensive but it can be just as offensive as a four if you use the right roles and instructions.

18 minutes ago, MattStatto said:

Yeah I never managed a team in a top division from the start. I managed to implement the 4-4-2 from the get go and get Hull City promoted out of the Championship with what is essentially a league one rated squad on FM exceptions being Bowen and Grosicki. I like to set it so there's no transfers in the first window for realism and then we didn't get any money in january anyways. So it was one of my best achievements on FM doing it with that squad to be honest. Then I tend to be super aggressive with transfers until I get a squad I'm happy with and tend to abuse my wage budget/utilising 3 year installments for transfers, essentially betting the club's financial stability on my ability to succeed which thankfully generally works. It was only when in the Premier League and the strength of the opposition led me to have to use the deep 4-2-3-1 away from home but it's good to have the 4-4-2 in case I need to go for broke when chasing an away game and vice-versa in home games it's nice to have a formation with an extra midfielder in there to see games out.

Cheers for the skin link.

Thats exactly what I do, I can't help but try to buy young either so players like Bellingham and Shackleton are great if available and very versatile in terms of roles in the centre of the park.

It is a hell of an achievement to get Hull up, there a tough challenge this year and I looked into getting Bowen but was priced out.

2 minutes ago, Champfan10 said:

Thats exactly what I do, I can't help but try to buy young either so players like Bellingham and Shackleton are great if available and very versatile in terms of roles in the centre of the park.

It is a hell of an achievement to get Hull up, there a tough challenge this year and I looked into getting Bowen but was priced out.

what team are you? Couldn't work it out from the back of the kits lol.

I literally sold every single one of my players barring George Long who is now my 3rd choice GK and Bowen. Everyone else I could barely get league 1 clubs to sign. The only exception to that was Norbert Balogh who was my top scorer with 20 in that promotion campaign and I managed to flog him to West Brom for £7.5m when in reality he isn't worth that.

55 minutes ago, Champfan10 said:

Interesting
Could you please post Libero stats here or PM me?

4 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Interesting
Could you please post Libero stats here or PM me?

Attributes or game stats?

12 minutes ago, MattStatto said:

what team are you? Couldn't work it out from the back of the kits lol.

I literally sold every single one of my players barring George Long who is now my 3rd choice GK and Bowen. Everyone else I could barely get league 1 clubs to sign. The only exception to that was Norbert Balogh who was my top scorer with 20 in that promotion campaign and I managed to flog him to West Brom for £7.5m when in reality he isn't worth that.

Bolton and I'm in my 5th season.

8 minutes ago, Champfan10 said:

Attributes or game stats?

Bolton and I'm in my 5th season.

Nice, how you getting on in the PL? I'm in the Qatar World Cup season (2022/23) and we're top of the league after 19 games, making a very unlikely push for the title after missing out on Europa Conference League football last season after going on a 5 match losing streak to end the season slipping to 8th. I'm actually gutted as I really wanted to play in and win the conference league before I outgrew it but sadly I think I'm progressed too quickly and I doubt I'll ever play in it now with Hull on this save.

Edit: The Everton game was the first one on the new patch. Not made much difference to my results thankfully, so all is well.

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 15.20.18.png

Edited by MattStatto

Hey guys, i encountered following problem...after my 1st season was over and 2nd was about to begin, i got an option to negotiate club vision for the next period, or just accept one that board offers me. Problem is if i choose to negotiate, suggest button is grayed out and worst thing is i can't even go back, i have to shut the game down. When i hover over the suggest button it says "check the last change and pick a valid option" even if i don't change anything.

Any thoughts on this? Also when i negotiate new contract i don't have the option to change any of the philosophies.

20191204160745_1.jpg

Still not sure this is bug worthy, full backs score goals but this seems quite often & they're carbon copies 

& on another note, has anyone ever seen a penalty that's not hit along the ground?

Edited by Johnny Ace

8 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Still not sure this is bug worthy, full backs score goals but this seems quite often & they're carbon copies 

¸World-class finish. But look at Tottenham right back who is he marking there? (better if you post in 2d or some other camera for spoting player positioning)

13 minutes ago, Mitja said:

¸World-class finish. But look at Tottenham right back who is he marking there? (better if you post in 2d or some other camera for spoting player positioning)

To me it looks like he's covering his CB as there's a striker who has peeled off the CB's shoulder so naturally you'd want the RB to come round and cover the back post and get tight, but then the winger has played a top quality cross and showed some real vision to pick out the free man for the shot, leaving the RB in something of no man's land. This is realistic IMO.

Edited by MattStatto

Notes from this patch

Striker with high levels of composure, decisions, finishing and concentration sent through on goal - no goal

any nonsense mid/def with less than 6 for long shots and technique, running on to a loose header from 30 yards out - scores every time

2 minutes ago, Mitja said:

Really slow reaction. And I don't know why he stayed so deep there. He should have watched for offside. But...

He could just be a naff defender. Most full backs tend to be converted wingers these days and their lack of defensive awareness at the back post is staggering and that's in real life, so I don't find it unfeasible to happen in a video game.

4 minutes ago, MattStatto said:

To me it looks like he's covering his CB as there's a striker who has peeled off the CB's shoulder so naturally you'd want the RB to come round and cover the pack post and get tight, but then the winger has played a top quality cross and showed some real vision to pick out the free man for the shot, leaving the RB in something of no man's land. This is realistic IMO.

Yeah you right, still he didn't move towards striker and there's no need to stand as deep. but yeah it's realistic. Pass was really good, finish even better. 

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Rakosi said:

This surely is a bug.

Bournemouth v Newcastle2.pkm 170.33 kB · 6 downloads

Looking at this example at the moment for potential issues. What defensive line were you using here? Are you able to screenshot your tactics and PM them to me? It appears like you're playing a very high line 5 ATB system against two extremely fast strikers which doesn't help (not to say that there aren't issues).

The amount of defensive errors since the last patch is really, really, annoying. Completely unrealistic football and the state of the match engine is really bad. I uninstalled the game, I have no trust in this dev team anymore. Playing this since CM01 but enough is enough. The game has become too complex for the devs, I think they should really restructure the whole engine to make things less complex for them self because it is clear they also don't have a clue how to fix certain things in the ME.

Edited by Dennis_Ajax

1 hour ago, Champfan10 said:

Wow nicely done there! Also playing as Bolton but stuck in the championship. I like the contrast of our forwards you have pellegri I have Omar Bogle! 

33 minutes ago, Mitja said:

Here you go, he looks like he's off in dreamland

@Jack Joyce whilst you're here, are these worth looking at?

Long balls over the defence is really a bit much. Even decent players send perfect long balls to 50-60m away.

Actually there is a general problem with defensive actions. Sometimes they’re being late to move and get action, sometimes just run with attacker but do nothing.

Side netting issues decreased and i think it’s almost same level IRL. Attackers are not shooting from narrow angles but when they cut inside they’re waiting for the defenders come and touch the ball.

In general this patch is better than the old one. But of course should be more and more good. Whatever, at least it’s playable for me now.

6 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

We did make some changes to the way teams set up against larger sides yes. Too often they were going 'very defensive' mentality for 70-80 mins of the game which was a bit too extreme and led to a lot of 30-40 shot games for the bigger side. You should find that smaller teams will play a bit more realistically now with a plan to catch you on the counter. This will largely in part be driven by the AI manager's attacking attribute, but e.g. i've seen a match here where Bournemouth play on 'Balanced' at home to Arsenal which is something that wouldn't have happened before.

That's good stuff! :)Mentality is but a part of it though. I never thought their Duty allocation was all that realistic on the more defense Ends (except for really extreme match Scenarios). How often do you personally see sides sitting their entire backline behind the ball (defend Duty for all of them), plus a couple centre mids? Of Course they would struggle to create an Opening from Play. However, the AI likely upon having Chosen a mentality goes with roughly what's recommended to a human player. You can Play totally attacking Football even on the defensive/counter mentality, after all, as how many numbers are pushing up ultimately is a Thing of the roles/duties (and the Forward movement encouragements). 

Edited by Svenc

12 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Here you go, he looks like he's off in dreamland

Defenetely not reaction from PL player. Interestingly first he wanted to reach striker which would be the best decision but after that, yeah. It could count as poor representation if it's one off.

23 minutes ago, Dennis_Ajax said:

The amount of defensive errors since the last patch is really, really, annoying. Completely unrealistic football and the state of the match engine is really bad. I uninstalled the game, I have no trust in this dev team anymore. Playing this since CM01 but enough is enough. The game has become too complex for the devs, I think they should really restructure the whole engine to make things less complex for them self because it is clear they also don't have a clue how to fix certain things in the ME.

How on earth can you even begin to theorise this? 

• SI Staff
Just now, Svenc said:

That's good stuff! :)Mentality is but a part of it though. I never thought their Duty allocation was all that realistic on the more defense Ends (except for really extreme match Scenarios). How often do you personally see sides sitting their entire backline behind the ball (defend Duty for all of them), plus a couple centre mids? Of Course they would struggle to create an Opening from Play. However, the AI likely upon having Chosen a mentality goes with roughly what's recommended. You can Play totally attacking Football even on the defensive/counter mentality, after all, as how many numbers are pushing up ultimately is a Thing of the roles/duties (and the Forward movement encouragements). 

The duty choices for AI managers is directly linked to the mentalities so it has a big knock-on effect. But overall the duty choices are improved in FM20 and definitely not seeing full back 4s with all defend duties often at all.

5 minutes ago, Mitja said:

Defenetely not reaction from PL player. Interestingly first he wanted to reach striker which would be the best decision but after that, yeah. It could count as poor representation if it's one off.

I'll have another look at the game where Shaw's scores two & upload them if needed, won't do any harm

I’d just like to say the patch seems great to me. Although I never had any real complaints previously. I think it’s the best ME of any FM game. The guys who worked hard on this have done a really solid job this year. I’m really enjoying playing the game a lot.