Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

4 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

3rd game 5 more great chances zero more goals. 

3 minutes ago, StevehFC said:

Match Engine even worse than before. 

1 minute ago, motdattan said:

3 one-on-one misses in the first game. I thought finishing was fixed?

Hopefully SI do the right thing and recall this patch immediately based on the overwhelming size of this sample.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And now we just missed a penalty. Then put the ball in the net finally. Disallowed for offside.

Then my striker scored a perfect hat trick plus 1.

I have to say the movement up front etc is far, far better than it was before as is decision making in the final third. 

My tactic is now playing exactly how I envisaged it would when I set it up. 

Just now, kiwityke1983 said:

And now we just missed a penalty. Then put the ball in the net finally. Disallowed for offside.

Then my striker scored a perfect hat trick plus 1.

I have to say the movement up front etc is far, far better than it was before as is decision making in the final third. 

My tactic is now playing exactly how I envisaged it would when I set it up. 

Wow! It's almost as if you needed to play more than three games before declaring the patch broken. 

2 minutes ago, StevehFC said:

The one on ones issues are still there. 

But i forgot with SI you can't criticise the game these days.

You are more than welcome to criticise, preferably in a constructive manner.  But saying "ME even worse than before" is just moaning - not criticism - and doesn't actually provide any meaningful feedback for the developers.  Say how it's worse, give examples, that's much more useful.

Just now, StevehFC said:

Any need for a slight dig.

How ironic (see above).

10 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I've still not seen a single one on one scored. If anything they are still broken IMO. 

Plays with some obscure club in Singapore and expects every 1 on 1 to be scored :D what do you expect

Edited by Sanel

Played three games, through balls are there and scored some lovely goals. Fullbacks are crossing the ball and there is less side net shooting. 1 on 1s are still the problem.

Had a couple minor injuries and it is maybe not something but in two games my GK made two horror mistakes that led to two goals and had 6.4 and 6.3 ratings.

3 minutes ago, Sanel said:

Plays with some obscure club in Singapore and expects every 1 on 1 to be scored :D what do you expect

Maybe 1 in the 8 or 9 I've seen to go in! 

Don't forget the ability of strikers is also relative to the ability of the goalkeepers attempting to stop them. 

So the actual amount of chances taken should be about the same nó matter what the level as long as the players within that level are of a similar ability. 

Or so I'd have thought. 

5 minutes ago, Mitja said:

Anyone simulated a little, do strikers score more?

Only played 2 games, well let's say 1 game since 2nd was against City away which was always going to be a loss.

Against Fulham one of my striker scored 2, one from cutback pass and another from lobbed cross -> header. So yeah strikers do seem to be involved in attack more and there are more cutbacks but that's just from 1-2 games observation. There were still some selfish shots from sides but nothing too unrealistic or from extremely steep angles as before. Again, the sample is low so take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by witchplease

Played 10 games after patch.

Pros:

- Overall play seems so much nicer, better interplay and movement and I have scored a couple of cutbacks which 100% wouldn’t have happened pre-patch.

- Defending seems improved as I am keeping many more CS’s than before (which was hardly any).

- 57 fps locking glitch is gone (yay).

Cons:

1 on 1s are now even less likely to be scored. Seeing about 3 of them a game (so around 30 in 10 games so far) and haven’t seen a single one scored. Once that gets fixed the ME will be hugely better compared to the BETA.

Overall, very good patch.

Edited by The Roaming Regista

Just now, The Roaming Regista said:

Played 10 games after patch.

Pros:

Overall play seems so much nicer, better interplay and movement and I have scored a couple of cutbacks which 100% wouldn’t have happened pre-patch.

Cons:

1 on 1s are now even less likely to be scored. Seeing about 3 of them a game (so around 30 in 10 games so far) and haven’t seen a single one scored. Once that gets fixed the ME will be hugely better compared to the BETA.

Overall, very good patch.

Around 30 1v1s in 10 games sounds like an awful lot of 1v1s. I might be wrong here but 1v1 chances shouldn't be anywhere near that amount....or?

3 minutes ago, roykela said:

Around 30 1v1s in 10 games sounds like an awful lot of 1v1s. I might be wrong here but 1v1 chances shouldn't be anywhere near that amount....or?

Yup there are too many which is why I’m actually quite glad in some ways that they aren’t being converted at the rate they should be at.

They need to improve defender’s abilities to track striker’s runs which would solve this issue.

34 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

"Fixed" does not mean "every single one on one is a goal". Otherwise we would get complaints that user goalkeepers were too bad at saving one on ones. 

Please quote the part where I said all of them should've gone it.

I like it, played a couple of games only, but it feels better overall. 1 on 1 going in a bit more right now, I think people expected a lot more being scored, but that's not the case. Players feels smarter and making better decision up front, more crosses, I scored 7 goals in 3 matches, all kinds. I am really glad that SI keeps releasing these patches really often and working on improving game, It's better, but as always, there's room for improvement.

1 minute ago, The Roaming Regista said:

Yup there are too many which is why I’m actually quite glad in some ways that they aren’t being converted at the rate they should be at.

They need to improve defender’s abilities to track striker’s runs which would solve this issue.

Do you play with very high d-line?

Just now, The Roaming Regista said:

Nope switch between playing a mid-block (standard d-line)  against good opposition and a higher d-line against those that are worse than me.

Interesting. I also had no problem with 1-1's in previous ME. Nor too many, nor too many missed. 

I see much more "Chances Created" in season statistics, it was around 50 avg. in whole season with the old patch, this time around 90 average in my holiday test save just finished. Seems better imho, gonna check some other things too...

Varying the Pressing Intensity slider still has no effect on the Intensity meter on the tactics screen. Doesn't matter if you have it at the lowest setting or the highest, or any notch in between, it has no effect. Bug was reported during beta. Is this only a UI issue or does it have effects on the match engine as well? Is the setting even recognised by the game?????

Edited by rain94

It certainly seems to be much smoother on my laptop than before so that's appreciated.

Does anyone else think the issues with the ME would be more tolerable if it was reflected in the ratings and the commentary - for example

When a player takes a ridiculous shot from the byeline it acnkowledged it and said "he ignored the obvious pass" or "there were no other options open", it would give a better indication into why something actually happened on the pitch rather than just looking ridiculous.

Another example being if a defender has an absolute meltdown and plays a short backpass which results in an easy goal, if it acknowledged that mistake rather than the usual "the keeper will be dissapointed to concede that at his near post" etc

4 minutes ago, rain94 said:

Varying the Pressing Intensity slider still has no effect on the Intensity meter on the tactics screen. Doesn't matter if you have it at the lowest setting or the highest, or any notch in between, it has no effect. Bug was reported during beta. Is this only a UI issue or does it have effects on the match engine as well? Is the setting even recognised by the game?????

The counterpress when ball is lost and counter when possession is won instructions also have no effect on the intensity meter. These seem like big issues.

20 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

It certainly seems to be much smoother on my laptop than before so that's appreciated.

Does anyone else think the issues with the ME would be more tolerable if it was reflected in the ratings and the commentary - for example

When a player takes a ridiculous shot from the byeline it acnkowledged it and said "he ignored the obvious pass" or "there were no other options open", it would give a better indication into why something actually happened on the pitch rather than just looking ridiculous.

Another example being if a defender has an absolute meltdown and plays a short backpass which results in an easy goal, if it acknowledged that mistake rather than the usual "the keeper will be dissapointed to concede that at his near post" etc

1,000 times this. Would certainly soften the blow and indicate that game is aware it was daft and that perhaps a better player would have been a little more calm/aware. 

On 02/12/2019 at 07:53, stevemc said:

I've raised an issue here, regarding a green cast appearing on the video advertising boards and ball.

Interesting to see if any other Mac users have had this same issue as it appears I might not be the only one?

This issue is still there even after the update :thdn:

Edited by stevemc