Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, enricoix said:

Sorry if this has been asked before :

I like checking my players' development in time and for that I was looking into their attribute changes from time to time at previous editions.

There was like 0.2 level changes that you could track at their attribute development panel. (was that the name?)

When the attribute changes from let's say 8,4 to 8,6 it showed 9 at profile page. 

I couldn't see that kind of detail at FM 2020. Maybe I am not looking at the correct page. Can we still see that in FM 2020?

(cause at the moment I can't see the decimal detail)

I'm sure I seen they mentioned theyve removed the decimal points as it wasnt accurate enough.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Johnny Ace said:

Yeah, he can still mistime it, no big deal at all :thup:

It's true that mistiming headers is common, but in FM it becomes an issue when the defenders don't take the option of stepping back and controlling the ball with their chest instead of trying to head it.

2 hours ago, upthetoon said:

My personal opinion and what I've seen, is there is little to no difference whichever level your playing. 

Playing in an obscure league or with the elite teams, there is not much difference in the ME. 

All of them are capable of the same things. Like obscure teams playing the op gegenpress to perfection to players playing crossfield passes like elite players. 

Agreed. I played as a poor Chorley side in FM19 as I’d done Liverpool to death.

I played the same aggressive Liverpool tactics straight away and didn’t notice any real difference in quality of play, tactical familiarity even though they were part time, fitness or easiness of winning most games.

I even got to League Cup QF in first season before Chelsea knocked me out against the run of play.

3 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

It's true that mistiming headers is common, but in FM it becomes an issue when the defenders don't take the option of stepping back and controlling the ball with their chest instead of trying to head it.

The chap's back peddling there & it's head height, I don't think chesting it's an option 

1 minute ago, Johnny Ace said:

The chap's back peddling there & it's head height, I don't think chesting it's an option 

That's true, although I'm not sure whether the defender can react a little faster or run backwards more quickly. The striker who looks like he was about to attempt a run past him but suddenly stops looks a little odd, too, I can't tell if he got body-blocked by the defender or peeled off anticipating a rebound from the header that then got mis-timed?

19 hours ago, Bakiano said:

Thanks, yeah completely different type of on on ones to my match obviously. :D 
Marked blue are -- as suspected -- the finishes off set pieces (headers under pressure plus similar), which make up a sizeable amount of the chances.

The red dots are the on on ones. Most of which are finished from really tough angles that even being one on ones arguably should not result in a Goal that often. The Forward doesn't Always opt to shoot here because he makes a bad decision imo. However, one of the more central ones may have resulted in an added goa. however, not the one from Yards out, as the keeper has come off his line really well. 

2HCSDGR.png

The far most worrying Thing is the frequency atm, how easy it is to get one on ones, in my opinion anyway. I suspect (and hope) the reason for such are well under review. In General that shot map Looks really good, and Looks like there could be like 4 Goals in there. No Long shots, Nothing. That is until you figure that almost all of the central stuff in the box is from the set piece (blue dots). Still a well deserved win, and hey, it IS a win. :D 

Edited by Svenc

@Pele1994 you are well within your rights to be unhappy with something despite not having tried it. This thread already serves the purpose you seem to be taking upon yourself to provide. A list of reasons as to why you aren't buying the game, or on the flip side, demands that must be met for you to purchase the game aren't really feedback on the game itself.

22 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Thanks, yeah completely different type of on on ones to my match obviously. :D 
Marked blue are -- as suspected -- the finishes off set pieces (headers under pressure plus similar), which make up a sizeable amount of the chances.

The red dots are the on on ones. Most of which are finished from really tough angles that even being one on ones arguably should not result in a Goal that often. The Forward doesn't Always opt to shoot here because he makes a bad decision imo. However, one of the more central ones may have resulted in an added goa. however, not the one from Yards out, as the keeper has come off his line really well. 

2HCSDGR.png

The far most worrying Thing is the frequency atm, how easy it is to get one on ones, in my opinion anyway. I suspect (and hope) the reason for such are well under review. In General that shot map Looks really good, and Looks like there could be like 4 Goals in there. No Long shots, Nothing. That is until you figure that almost all of the central stuff in the box is from the set piece. Still a well deserved win, and hey, it IS a win. :D 

Good review. There were two tactics in this game, first one was until the penalty for them and second after that. The second is more familiar and more directed tactic. With that tactic I have every game minimum 6 cc-s.

I got A+ rating from the board for this win. For fans it was very entertained :D 

2 minutes ago, robinthebest said:

Does anyone also realized this year your players tackles per game are insanely high?

Good DMs at PL averaged a 5 tackles per game, my defenders gets 10-15 per game while still conceding, does SI even do QA before they launch their game?

I honestly hasn't realised this, may well be worth reporting if something doesn't look right? FM's never going to simulate football like for like but that seems way off 

I ended up stadium sharing, 10 years on, I am still stadium sharing in the premier league with Wimbledon, and I sell out every game (15k capacity in top 8), there is no option to either a) buy the stadium or b) build a new stadium. 

Is this a specific issue related to ground sharing? 

10 minutes ago, robinthebest said:

Does anyone also realized this year your players tackles per game are insanely high?

Good DMs at PL averaged a 5 tackles per game, my defenders gets 10-15 per game while still conceding, does SI even do QA before they launch their game?

There doesn't appear to be any reports of this so far, so maybe nobody else has noticed or logged this.  Please report it in the relevant Bugs forum.  It is also not necessary to question the ability of the QA team when reporting an issue.

21 minutes ago, robinthebest said:

What's your tactics?

I did make a thread but it doesn't seem to be garnering too much attention, there's a real problem with scheduling with regard to giving adequate rest after Europa League games:

fm_schedule.thumb.png.d6a9b45abcfbd1b8c4f6ff3fb046af47.png

Not to mention the 12:00 and 19:45 Saturday slots which don't exist IRL.

1 minute ago, coda said:

I did make a thread but it doesn't seem to be garnering too much attention, there's a real problem with scheduling with regard to giving adequate rest after Europa League games:

fm_schedule.thumb.png.d6a9b45abcfbd1b8c4f6ff3fb046af47.png

Not to mention the 12:00 and 19:45 Saturday slots which don't exist IRL.

If you think it is a problem that is a bug, please raise it in the relevant Bugs forum as it wont be picked up in here.

1 hour ago, Johnny Ace said:

He mistimed the header. Players never mistime a header or a tackle in real life. They all play like their FIFA counterparts for 90 minutes every single match. No mistakes, just fluid, controlled, error-free football at all times. 

Why can't the match engine replicate this? It must be broken, lolz, beta testers, release it every two years, worst match engine ever, too many injuries, not like real football, hit the post three times, bugs, lolz, SORT IT OUT SI 

40 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

Good review. There were two tactics in this game, first one was until the penalty for them and second after that. The second is more familiar and more directed tactic. With that tactic I have every game minimum 6 cc-s.

That said I personally don't rate CCCs. Often times Cutbacks wouldn't have been flagged as such, and those take the keeper out of the Picture already. :( On a counter attacking save on a Prior release I had shipped 4 Goals past City (they had 30 shots…), almost each of which in cans of counter attacking space. At least some of those tough angle one on ones to my are "borderline CCCs" at best.

Long-term the game should replace it with something that is actually widely used in Football, xG, whatever. Plus additionally something based on actual ME calculations made -- for SI it is a purely "semantic" debate whether for instance a header should ever be a CCC. However, you'd still have Matches like this, as that's Football (also hover with the mouse over the shots to check how many of those are actually genuinelly created from PLAY as opposed to a SET PIECE). https://understat.com/match/11659 :D 

Edited by Svenc

48 minutes ago, robinthebest said:

36 minutes ago, FrazT said:

There doesn't appear to be any reports of this so far, so maybe nobody else has noticed or logged this.  Please report it in the relevant Bugs forum.  It is also not necessary to question the ability of the QA team when reporting an issue.

I reported some issues in FM19 of low CA players (iirc ~30CA) with tackling attributes in the single digits racking up 10-15 tackles per game against a German 3.Liga team, I'll have to play around some more and see if it's still the case. I'm certainly noticing high tackle numbers in the 2.Bundesliga but it might be to counteract dribbling being so strong.

1 hour ago, Bakiano said:

But there were no near players arround him

This actually happened two weeks ago in a direct head to head where the winner would get one of the final spots to play for promotion in the Belgian second division:

https://www.proximus-sports.be/nl/voetbal/proximus-league/video/26693/goal-re-virton-0-1-oh-leuven-19-henry

No near players around him, he could have easily just controlled it. 

how to dont see a friendly games of young teams in schedule? I already delegate all cases of them for staff 

this is very unuseful change to disable friendly matchdays before they agreed. It always were visible in last years and see no reason for this change

Edited by Novem9

6 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

how to dont see a friendly games of young teams in schedule? I already delegate all cases of them for staff 

this is very unuseful change to disable friendly matchdays before they agreed. It always were visible in last years and see no reason for this change

It's a new thing this year, it is a bit confusing at times 

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

I didnt question the QA team because of this issue, I question them because shooting into the side net many times per game is happening so often in game, and they still released the game in this state, if they played two matches with the current ME could have simply noticed something is not right

19 minutes ago, robinthebest said:

this is such a overused comment, no matter what tactics I used, my defenders shouldn't be able to make more than 10 tackles every game which isnt possible in real life

I'm 100% certain I could set a team up and have them lunging around the park for 90 minutes.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm 100% certain I could set a team up and have them lunging around the park for 90 minutes.

Please read this, tactical god

Ndidi and AWB averaged 5.4 tackles per game after 10/11 games.

image.thumb.png.939759ed1a9d72ff9f71540fd40dae40.png

This high amount of tackles is probably due to wingers doing crazy dribbling every single game

I wish you can show me a real player that can average 10 tackles per game, thanks

Edited by robinthebest

23 minutes ago, robinthebest said:

this is such a overused comment, no matter what tactics I used, my defenders shouldn't be able to make more than 10 tackles every game which isnt possible in real life

yes but maybe FM tackle counts differently to real life stats.

2 ore fa, dannysheard ha scritto:

Agreed. I played as a poor Chorley side in FM19 as I’d done Liverpool to death.

I played the same aggressive Liverpool tactics straight away and didn’t notice any real difference in quality of play, tactical familiarity even though they were part time, fitness or easiness of winning most games.

I even got to League Cup QF in first season before Chelsea knocked me out against the run of play.

Well, but even a semi-pro player can do the same thing a star doing. 

The difference is the the ability in hard condition.

I can do an assist like Pirlo ones. 

But i cannot do it facing Gattuso at San Siro.

I can win a all the contrast like Baresi. 

But i cannot win a single contrast against Ronaldo knowing that he will score passing me.

Someone said they are using a 41212 narrow diamond and not seeing a lot of shots into the side netting, my presumption is their FBs aren't on an attack duty. 

I use a 41212 narrow diamond and my two FBs (both WB/A) slam at least 2-3 shots each into the side netting. It was so bad that on my beta save after my top scorers with 8 apiece (both STs), my 2 next top scorers were my fullbacks - RB with 6, LB with 4. They were also my top assisters, particularly the LB with about 8. 

Some early feedback from playing the demo. I'm only six games into the Championship season, but here goes:

• Goalkeepers seem much better this year; animations seem more natural and I've already seen some truly impressive saves. I also like it when a goalkeeper gets his fingers to a shot but can't quite keep it out. I know that was present on FM19 but it didn't seem to happen before.
  • On the other hand, I'm a little concerned at how dangerous long balls over the top can be. Defenders don't suddenly freeze when a long ball passes their heads like they did on FM18 (from my experience) but they still seem to struggle with them in general.
  • One-on-one conversion rates seem fine to me; plenty of one-on-ones have been scored but plenty of others have been missed. I get the feeling that some FMers are either blowing this issue out of proportion or simply expecting too many one-on-ones to be converted.
  • I saw nine penalties awarded in seven pre-season friendlies. Since the season proper started, though, they are far less frequent. As things stand, after six rounds of matches, the Championship is averaging one penalty awarded every four matches, which isn't that bad.
  • However, I too am noticing that players are shooting from very tight angles too often, and that they generally tend to go for the difficult shot over squaring it to an onside team-mate for a simple tap-in. Of course, attackers shouldn't get every decision right, but maybe common sense could prevail a little more often.
  • Suicidal defensive headers are still a problem, though I've not noticed them to be as frequent as in FM19. I've also yet to see a single player chest the ball.

As you can gather, I've got mixed feelings about the FM20 match engine. It's certainly a few tweaks away from being a marked improvement on FM19's ME (which I actually thought was the best yet), but... I don't know. I'm not really feeling this game right now, and I'm probably more likely to skip it - as I usually do with even-numbered FMs - than buy it.

That might be down to me enduring a dreadful start to the season with Birmingham (we lost our first six games and were denied victory at the seventh attempt after Stoke's Stephen Ward produced a Maradona special in stoppage time). But results don't always matter to me when it comes to FM. I had terrible results on the FM15 and FM16 demos but enjoyed the games enough overall to buy them. Conversely, my Bristol City team on the FM18 demo overachieved but I didn't like the match engine, so I passed on that game.

I'll give more feedback as I go along. I've also reported some minor issues on the bugs forum and will continue doing so.

27 minutes ago, robinthebest said:

I didnt question the QA team because of this issue, I question them because shooting into the side net many times per game is happening so often in game, and they still released the game in this state, if they played two matches with the current ME could have simply noticed something is not right

No, that's not how things work.  The QA team perform literally thousands of soak tests and compare results to real life stats to try to ensure (as far as possible) a reasonable balance.  If you notice something which looks out of sorts - such as this tackling issue you mention - it's not a question of them "playing 2 matches in the ME to notice it".  So if you are consistently seeing an issue then @FrazT makes a valid suggestion about uploading your data (match pkms) to the bugs forum.

10 minutes ago, CFuller said:

• I saw nine penalties awarded in seven pre-season friendlies. Since the season proper started, though, they are far less frequent. As things stand, after six rounds of matches, the Championship is averaging one penalty awarded every four matches, which isn't that bad.

0.25 pens per match would be About bang average. According to SI, well @herne79, the fixed issue involved the VAR. Friendlies likely won't see much of a Var, same as other Competitions. I have seen Players still making observations as to specific Competitions (Copa del Rey, etc.).

As of the on on ones, I think we have "proven" on the last two pages that one on one does not equal one on one (thanks Bakiano!). There conversion rate fluctuates depending on the kind of on on one. There may be specific issues with some more, and others less. The frequency of them can also be much too high. I agree with you though that on average, the expectation is also oft all wrong. It's that the Forward was actually considered in the Advantage to score, which he isn't. However, they aren't that super frequent in an actual match of Football, which also Needs to be closely eyed...

Edited by Svenc

1 minute ago, Svenc said:

0.25 pens per match would be About bang average. According to SI, well @herne79, the fixed issue involved the VAR. Friendlies likely won't see much of a Var, same as other Competitions. I have seen Players still making observations as to specific Competitions (Copa del Rey, etc.).

I said it tongue in cheek :p.

16 minutes ago, herne79 said:

I said it tongue in cheek :p.

Whoops. :D Makes you wonder what the actual fix still was...

Btw, on the Internet you learn something new every day. :D 

M67Eo5U.png

Edited by Svenc

I used the team analysis tool to check my performance, it suggested I change my Right winger to a "player role".

I clicked on the checkmark and it turned my player into "player role", a new role obviously. Clicking on him on the formation page then brings up ;text; spool error, and then the player completely disappears from the formation. That, is how I began the new tactical revolution of starting games with 10 players.

34 minutes ago, zachalxnder said:

Is anyone still having difficulty establishing partnerships?

From what I've seen so far, it takes longer to manifest itself with semi-pro teams and quicker with the better teams, however I'm only basing this on two of my own saves.