Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, kertiek said:

i guess that when releasing a game without a list of fixed bugs reported in the beta it is better to keep us in the dark.

I've never seen a game released with a list of corrected features, on day 1 (or day 0 in this case). You need to forget the beta.

1 minute ago, srvngrc said:

It seems just the ME version number changed. Everything else same.

ME definitely has improved the first couple of games I've played so far one and ones are much better and wing backs are finally putting in decent crossing

14 dakika önce, Scotty Walds said:

Give it a chance, it's not been out long!

Not so important if it's good or bad. We’ll play this game. There is no alternative.

But we gave lots of feedback since the beta’s been released. But penalty issue is still there. Shots from impossible angles are still there.

I just hope 1v1s and 2v1s  are fixed. 

Edited by srvngrc

22 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

We've rolled out a fix for the high GPU issue in this full release version. If you're having lag still, there's a different issue present so would suggest creating your own thread here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/740-match-engine-art-and-animations/

Hi Neil! Thanks for released FM)
I previously had a problem with dxgi_device_removed,But with the release of the full version, the problem was fixed, and the graphics settings were correctly displayed, where previously it showed one star, but now everything is fine!
The truth now just does not show the driver version, but it's good that it does not crash now!

1 minute ago, Scotty Walds said:

Er, yes. It's how it works.

as a software developer my self, i would disagree, also since u dont work at SI, i dont care about what u think at all, ill just add u to the ignore list and forget about your " great" input.

problem solved.
image.png.163d1ebd2f1838a3b026dbf93656c39c.png

1 minute ago, kertiek said:

as a software developer my self, i would disagree, also since u dont work at SI, i dont care about what u think at all, ill just add u to the ignore list and forget about your " great" input.

problem solved.
image.png.163d1ebd2f1838a3b026dbf93656c39c.png

If you are a software developer yourself, you'll realise there no such thing as a changelist for a release copy of a program. Your loss.

3 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

If you are a software developer yourself, you'll realise there no such thing as a changelist for a release copy of a program. Your loss.

But when software developers make the game/program available for customers, from Early Access through Steam or Beta access, there is always a change list for every single version, no matter how big or small the change. That is the norm, at least on Steam. 

From Alpha or Beta to Full release, there is a change log every step of the way.

Edited by rain94

1 minute ago, rain94 said:

But when software developers make the game/program available for customers, from Early Access through Steam or Beta access, there is always a change list for every single version, no matter how big or small the change. That is the norm, at least on Steam. 

From Alpha or Beta to Full release, there is a change log every step of the way.

The norm for Si, which is the ONLY relevant norm here, is that they do not release a changelist for the release version. I don't see why people argue against it. Play the game!

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

Demo isn't working.

Capture.png

Try verifying the game files - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2020/238_how-to/241_pc/how-to-verify-the-integrity-of-fms-files-via-steam-r842/

If that doesn't work, would suggest reinstalling. 

6 minutes ago, waldywaldy said:

Determination bug really keeping me from starting a long term save

Developing youth players is where it's at for me when playing fm. I was really excited about the new Playing Time Pathway and Dev. Centre features, but two youth squads full of kids that implode at the mere thought of a setback makes it hard to retain that excitement.

Kind of a bummer to be honest

The issue doesn't affect newgens

• Administrators
Just now, StevehFC said:

Why was the low determination thread closed? People were offering some concerns about the issue. To me it looks like SI can't take any negative feedback. 

Because we've said we're aware of the issue and will fix it as soon as we possibly can. I don't think there's anything further to discuss about the issue? Whilst we appreciate your concerns and frustrations it won't make any difference to the fact we're aware of the issue and will fix it as soon as we can. 

2 minutes ago, johnhughthom said:

He's talking about his u23 and u18 squads. Newgens not being affected means that the starting youth players are disadvantaged and many player will swiftly move them on for newgens.

He's talking about starting a long term save.

Just now, Neil Brock said:

Because we've said we're aware of the issue and will fix it as soon as we possibly can. I don't think there's anything further to discuss about the issue? Whilst we appreciate your concerns and frustrations it won't make any difference to the fact we're aware of the issue and will fix it as soon as we can. 

But you could have kept the thread open or move it to the bugs forum so that other posters who have noticed the issue can upload their screenshots or saved games to help you?

• Administrators
Just now, StevehFC said:

But you could have kept the thread open or move it to the bugs forum so that other posters who have noticed the issue can upload their screenshots or saved games to help you?

We don't need any more assistance from anyone else - we've identified the issue as Andrew said and are working on the fix. He said:

This is still under review, and I hope you appreciate the need to ensure there are no knock-on effects before making a change and rolling out a fix.

He hasn't asked for any further saves as we don't need any, nor do we need any further information. Appreciate anyone who did take the time to make us aware of the problem and as said, we'll fix it as soon as we can. Thanks. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, kandersson said:

GPU usage is slightly better for me now, though still pretty high always between 70% and 80% during matches. A bit disheartening honestly.

How does that compare to how FM19 ran?

12 minutes ago, herne79 said:

The issue doesn't affect newgens

Which I appreciate, but that was not really what I meant.

I currently have a squad full of u-17 European Champions that have the determination of a cucumber.

Im not even talking 5-10, but 1's and 2's accross the board on some of the biggest talents of their generation.

I know nothing about software development at all, so I'm assuming that this is hard to fix, otherwise it would have been rectified by now. Which is a shame really

Hoping for a relatively quick patch/fix so I can dive in and really enjoy the game this year

3 minutes ago, waldywaldy said:

Which I appreciate, but that was not really what I meant.

I currently have a squad full of u-17 European Champions that have the determination of a cucumber.

Im not even talking 5-10, but 1's and 2's accross the board on some of the biggest talents of their generation.

I know nothing about software development at all, so I'm assuming that this is hard to fix, otherwise it would have been rectified by now. Which is a shame really

Hoping for a relatively quick patch/fix so I can dive in and really enjoy the game this year

Fair enough and hopefully a quick fix then.

Just now, Neil Brock said:

How does that compare to how FM19 ran?

Honestly I'm not sure, I only checked for FM 20 because my PC's fans get quite loud during matches which was never the case for FM 19. I see nvidia has released a new driver (441.20) which I hadn't downloaded yet so will try updating and see if it improves this GPU usage issue.

• SI Staff
14 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

Tried both, doesn't work. All that gets created in the Demo folder are:

Capture.png

There is no fm.exe

Could you try again? You might need to restart Steam first, but the Demo should install and run correctly now.

• SI Staff
Just now, Kazza said:

Demo: An error occurred while updating FM2020 demo (missing executable)

See Steam support......

Could you try again? You might need to restart Steam first, but the Demo should install and run correctly now.