Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

1 minute ago, Martini1991 said:

Sorry for being dense, is the ME in the newest update newer than the one in the public beta?

Both are now v2039

The public beta version before the update was 2031.

Both have been updated, and it's now the same version for both live and beta. Hope that makes sense. 

40 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Unfortunatelly I detect old issue which looked fixed before.

I won Napoli 5-0 Lecce and my possession is 43%
Napoli 3-0 Udinese 46%
Napoli 3-0 Fiorentina 40%
For now I play Napoli - PSG and my possession is 61%

It returns us in times when low teams have a lot of empty possession by low riskly mentalities. Possession without any sence

I actually reported this during the public beta. It was acknowledged as something they were aware of and working on, but it seems it'll take some time to resolve properly.

Edited by JEinchy

I don’t know if this happened before or after I installed the update but I am concerned about how it’s listing the 3 fixtures for bournemouth. Is that potentially gonna break my game here dya reckon? Anyone know if it’s anything to worry about? 

783A97D7-0F3A-4763-87E5-981FE886D7F6.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Harrymcintyre said:

I don’t know if this happened before or after I installed the update but I am concerned about how it’s listing the 3 fixtures for bournemouth. Is that potentially gonna break my game here dya reckon? Anyone know if it’s anything to worry about? 

You shouldn't have anything to worry about. I suspect it might be related to re-scheduling of the fixture due to an FA Cup game.

7 minutes ago, Harrymcintyre said:

Update was only to the ME so nothing to do with that at least....  never seen that exact issue before... worth seeing how it goes.. if it crashes, post it in the bug forums.

il y a 7 minutes, Harrymcintyre a dit :

Already happened to me before the update. It didn't impact the save and the game went normally.

This is the kind of thing I'm referring to about dribbling. A lot of instances like this:

Opp instructions on Maddison to press hard, tackle hard, shove on to left foot. None of which seem to happen. There seems to be too many instances of this kind of thing happening, players just dribbling past defenders unchallenged.

Finishing in 1vs1 situations seems to be a lot better. Espescially when the striker is chasing a ball between a FB and CB and then running with the ball at the GK. Before the patch those situations hardly created any goals (for me at least). 

11 минут назад, Tiger666 сказал:

Opp instructions on Maddison to press hard, tackle hard, shove on to left foot. None of which seem to happen. There seems to be too many instances of this kind of thing happening, players just dribbling past defenders unchallenged.

lol looks crazy. I never seen something like this in my or opposite team. But I will not be surprised if reason in combo of attacking mentality + run at defence TI + a lot of attacking duties

upd - is #10 a Shadow Striker?

Edited by Novem9

Unfortunately this issue still hasn't been fixed. :(

Anyone noticed any VAR decisions not being “as expected”? Foul in area, always a pen. Foul on edge of box, always a free kick?

2 minutes ago, Rivanov said:

Unfortunately this issue still hasn't been fixed. :(

Believe as that is something outside of the ME code (as the ad hoardings aren't related) it's something that'll be addressed in the Winter Transfer Update. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Are there any plans to improve goal variety, goals are pretty much only scored from crosses, set pieces, and long shots, why after so many months do we still have a lack of goals created from through balls? This has been a big problem since FM19 and has been highlighted as issue in so many threads

Just now, Weller1980 said:

Are there any plans to improve goal variety, goals are pretty much only scored from crosses, set pieces, and long shots, why after so many months do we still have a lack of goals created from through balls? This has been a big problem since FM19 and has been highlighted as issue in so many threads

You've already posted this in the bug reporting section... and have you tried the brand new build?

19 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Believe as that is something outside of the ME code (as the ad hoardings aren't related) it's something that'll be addressed in the Winter Transfer Update. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Thanks for clarifying!

2 minutes ago, Bravefc said:

Why no FMT update? Its the same ME is it not?

50 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

It's in submission so hopefully depending on approvals will be available within the next day or so. When we have any further info we'll make an announcement.

Thanks. 

34 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

This is the kind of thing I'm referring to about dribbling. A lot of instances like this:

I'm seeing the same thing. 

7 minutes ago, Welshace said:

You've already posted this in the bug reporting section... and have you tried the brand new build?

Yes of course and nothing has changed! Nothing has changed for such a long time. You must notice it yourself.

1 minute ago, Weller1980 said:

Yes of course and nothing has changed! Nothing has changed for such a long time. You must notice it yourself.

I've genuinely noticed a big difference between the various updates .. this one has improved my experience massively so far.. bit early to tell for sure yet though of course.

1 minute ago, Welshace said:

I've genuinely noticed a big difference between the various updates .. this one has improved my experience massively so far.. bit early to tell for sure yet though of course.

Well I'm surprised, the ME im using is bad. Watch a round of ai v ai games with goals only and you will notice trends in goals scored no one can deny it because its a fact, set peices, crosses and long shot rince and repeat. Come on people surly this isn't good enough. 

45 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

You got also Tight marking allways on Madison and STR? Theres also a double marking to STR

Edited by Pasonen

7 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

You got also Tight marking allways on Madison and STR? Theres also a double marking to STR

No tight marking. No opp instructions on the striker.

Just now, Tiger666 said:

No tight marking. No opp instructions on the striker.

Ok :D well maybe they are thinking why not double mark :D

First game after the update and I had:

Goal from a corner

VAR review foul on the edge of the box that came to nothing

VAR Penalty inside the box

No goals or chances from open play at all. No central play.

@Sticx I've removed the last part of your post. To you and everyone else, please keep your feedback to the game only. Comments on SI are neither wanted nor warranted. We have mentioned this enough times now that should it continue, there will be very little leeway given kB action taken, so please heed this. Thanks

14 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Well I'm surprised, the ME im using is bad. Watch a round of ai v ai games with goals only and you will notice trends in goals scored no one can deny it because its a fact, set peices, crosses and long shot rince and repeat. Come on people surly this isn't good enough. 

Who just sits there watching Ai vs Ai? I don’t care what the Ai is doing with itself. I care about the Ai of MY team. I can manipulate that. I haven’t tried this new ME yet, but in the last ‘live’ version I’ve been scoring all sorts of goals.

Just now, Weller1980 said:

Well I do. Watching the AI games shows how flawed the ME is towards open play.

Fair enough.

58 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah Jack mentioned in my thread when the Beta came out that it wouldn't be in the ME patch, but should be in the WTU patch - glad it's been spotted/addressed though, that's the most important thing, so I'll wait a few weeks for that one - thanks!

Edited by stevemc

I'm sure people who watch AI v AI games have their reasons (apart from finding a stick to beat SI with). But I've played this game forever and never, not once, looked at an all-AI game. Why would I care?

5 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Watching the AI games shows how flawed the ME is towards open play

Not necessarily. If both AI teams are using the standard AI setup of narrow defensive tactics, there can't possibly be any central play. So it wouldn't be an ME issue, it would be an AI issue.

2 minutes ago, warlock said:

I'm sure people who watch AI v AI games have their reasons (apart from finding a stick to beat SI with). But I've played this game forever and never, not once, looked at an all-AI game. Why would I care?

Err...Attending games to scout a player perhaps?  

2 минуты назад, sparkyunited сказал:

or check AI team before important game. Like ChL Spring Stage. Some little changes after this and it could be very helpful 

2 minutes ago, sparkyunited said:

I have literally only done this once in 20 years and that was last night! At the request of my scouts. Total waste of time, imo.

1 minute ago, sidslayer said:

I have literally only done this once in 20 years and that was last night! At the request of my scouts. Total waste of time, imo.

Couldn't disagree more, but you do you...

Does this update finally address the semipro contract bug? Or is it just a match engine update?

Almost fell off my chair. It didn't amount to anything but a low cross. I've had this ticked permanently, this is what I want to see more of.

2 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Well whatever the reason at the end of the day central play, open play and through balls very rarely happen, regardless of my tactics or AI tactics. I don't get why people defend it, you must get bored watching the same type of goals being scored over and over again

Thats just not true. Theres a lot of variety in goals after the 20.2.4 patch. Just watched my friend score a goal from breakaway, and volley inside box surrounded with defenders. Its completely different game compared to what public beta was.

Updated to 20.2.4

New save, first game of the season : SEVEN one on one with the Gk ... ALL MISSED !!!

Really ? Really SI ??? SEVEN ( 7 ) ???

Callum Wilson has 17 finishing ... really ?

What do i need ? A player with 20 finishing to score a one on one ???

6 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

Thats just not true. Theres a lot of variety in goals after the 20.2.4 patch. Just watched my friend score a goal from breakaway, and volley inside box surrounded with defenders. Its completely different game compared to what public beta was.

I never said it didn't happen I said it rarely happens, I bet your next 10 goals came from either crosses, set peices or long shots. 

13 minutes ago, dantares said:

Does this update finally address the semipro contract bug? Or is it just a match engine update?

just match engine... 

14 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Well whatever the reason at the end of the day central play, open play and through balls very rarely happen, regardless of my tactics or AI tactics. I don't get why people defend it, you must get bored watching the same type of goals being scored over and over again

I’m scoring all sorts actually. Screamers, corners, free kicks, throw ins, scrambles, through balls from deep, crosses from deep, wide and close. 

The only type of goal I see very rarely is a through ball from just outside the area. But then I don’t play with an AMC and I play a counter based tactic. Headers seem to be a little lacking, although when I had Haaland he scored quite a few :)

5 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

Updated to 20.2.4

New save, first game of the season : SEVEN one on one with the Gk ... ALL MISSED !!!

Really ? Really SI ??? SEVEN ( 7 ) ???

Callum Wilson has 17 finishing ... really ?

What do i need ? A player with 20 finishing to score a one on one ???

A tactical tweak? 

19 minutes ago, sidslayer said:

It's also good to unsettle players you plan on buying who don't wanna come...

1 minute ago, sidslayer said:

A tactical tweak? 

I don`t think you understand : the tactic produced 7 one on one with the Gk , Bournemouth vs Liverpool

What more do you need?

It`s not the tactic, it`s the ME

19 minutes ago, dantares said:

What is the bug? Just curious