Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Glenn Wakeford said:

We've released a hotfix to address the attributes issue. Please read this thread for details.

Can we expect the same for mobile version anytime soon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FMFutbol said:

Thank you Stevehfc

 

How do I make sure the hotfix was applied when I start a new save?

Close down FM

Next FM Launch request should bring down latest steam patch for FM which you should see download

At worst check about FM  in new launch to ensure the build id matches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fabio MVP said:

Can we expect the same for mobile version anytime soon?

You've been told to keep FMM discussions in the FMM section. This isn't the area for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fabio MVP said:

Can we expect the same for mobile version anytime soon?

We're currently working towards this and FMT but cannot provide a timeframe, unfortunately. Thanks for your patience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also appreciate that Rashidi and as a long time player it is a welcome addition and maybe I was blowing off steam but I just wanted a couple of weeks to see if I could change his mind, anyway moving on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

You've been told to keep FMM discussions in the FMM section. This isn't the area for that.

And you've been told that nobody is replying or keeping us up to date over there, so I will ask here for the product that I bought and that I don't want to play until this very same issue is fixed for mobile version. I don't want to come accross as arrogant, but please do try to understand me,

Edited by Fabio MVP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Glenn Wakeford said:

We're currently working towards this and FMT but cannot provide a timeframe, unfortunately. Thanks for your patience.

Thank you. I appreaciate your efforts. :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am playing in my BMG save from the beta. In my last match against Bayern at home something strange happened. I was losing 0-2 and made some tactical changes and subs. Suddenly about a half of my team had black away jerseys while part continued with white home jerseys. Bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, badger100 said:

I also appreciate that Rashidi and as a long time player it is a welcome addition and maybe I was blowing off steam but I just wanted a couple of weeks to see if I could change his mind, anyway moving on!

Tbh i am absolutely petrified of losing good players too :-) So i swoop in on Ajax players and give them big contracts and pray that my ever escalating wage bill meets ECL success. Its a very hard balance to reach tbh with Ajax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sanel said:

9f2f3f71d3396f6901c669b236afe543.png

04dc0433c3d59c6105731b80bd14f693.png

I've also simmed a season trough in my own Bundesliga save. I do see a higher amount of penalties given but not the crazy amount people are posting here. I do think this should get looked into though. Maybe a .pkm of this game would be useful. 

It may be the refereeing Attribute in parts. @Eckfahne did experiments in the past which to him revealed it had impacted Penalty calls / amount of pens before. But who knows "Allowing flow" may also influence. Some of the Guidelines SI used to Hand out seem Pretty vague.

I'd personally go into the Editor and set the Attribute of any Scottish ref here to 1. Then simulate (full Detail). Then to 20. Then simulate again. Then check.

Edited by Svenc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, badger100 said:

I don't think my post deserved this comment and it may be it wasn't meant as it reads but the guy was 16 not an established star or wonderkid and I fully expect to lose players to bigger clubs but the game did not give me a chance to speak to him, play him and I had to say he was a squad player before he would even talk to me and that was on day one.

Please read my post properly next time and chose your words more carefully.

I agree with some other posts it is now more realistic in terms of poaching and also see that as a plus but if the club is known for producing and nurturing talent and then selling that fine but at least give the manager a chance to keep the player and not make it impossible on day one. 

I get that it's frustrating happening on day one but it seems very realistic that a young player gets attracted by a higher rep club and isn't talked into anything from you and having his mind made up. If you had the option basically every user would keep his talents because you'd probably pay him 2 mil a year now to keep him since it would make sence in time. And if you read @KlaaZ post you'll see that they lose that exact kind of player in RL too sometimes.

 

As for the other comment I agree unnessesary and off base with developed talent that wants to leave Ajax for the next step in their careers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, badger100 said:

I don't think my post deserved this comment and it may be it wasn't meant as it reads but the guy was 16 not an established star or wonderkid and I fully expect to lose players to bigger clubs but the game did not give me a chance to speak to him, play him and I had to say he was a squad player before he would even talk to me and that was on day one.

Please read my post properly next time and chose your words more carefully.

I agree with some other posts it is now more realistic in terms of poaching and also see that as a plus but if the club is known for producing and nurturing talent and then selling that fine but at least give the manager a chance to keep the player and not make it impossible on day one. 

I don't need to re-read, you said, and I quote:

Quote

a side like Ajax should not lose youth to other clubs in my opinion.

I am simply stating that a club like Ajax is known for selling players, youth players especially. So you're comeback that he was only 16 is irrelevant, he's clearly got something about him so Man City went in and bought him. If you had anything about you as a manager you could've asked for money on next sale or after so many appearances. It's got nothing to do with any bugs in the game if that's what you're hinting at, the AI manager has seen a top talent, gone in for him and got him, simple

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just loaded up a save, the hot fix does appear to have worked. 16956 players in my database, 343 with 1 in determination. Just 4 with consistency of 1, 294 with 1 in important matches, 121 with versatility of 1. Not sure how to check the refs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

You went to one of the most high profile clubs in the world for developing talent and you want the AI to give you a chance to keep the player and give you some time to develop him? I for one appreciate an AI that is ruthless.

It's wrong if this happens as soon as you start the career and you have no control. You should at least have time to renew their contracts.

It happened to me too. with my best young player in Serie A, and it ruined everything for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, craiigman said:

Just loaded up a save, the hot fix does appear to have worked. 16956 players in my database, 343 with 1 in determination. Just 4 with consistency of 1, 294 with 1 in important matches, 121 with versatility of 1. Not sure how to check the refs.

Refs are not affected by the attributes issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Glenn Wakeford said:

We've released a hotfix to address the attributes issue. Please read this thread for details.

Any changes maybe  to the lag problem in the ME ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this hotfix worked so wonderfully that now instead of action on the pitch, i get a single colour background...how do i roll this back to the previous version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ricsi said:

this hotfix worked so wonderfully that now instead of action on the pitch, i get a single colour background...how do i roll this back to the previous version?

That's due to a custom skin, go to a default skin and it'll work fine. Hopefully your skin creator releases an update to your skin soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ricsi said:

this hotfix worked so wonderfully that now instead of action on the pitch, i get a single colour background...how do i roll this back to the previous version?

Are you using custom skin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

That's due to a custom skin, go to a default skin and it'll work fine. Hopefully your skin creator releases an update to your skin soon.

Thank you Neil and Iwabik, I'll try that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Seb Wassell said:

Refs are not affected by the attributes issue.

Ah okay, people must have just been talking rubbish about them then. Think the whole team deserves a lot of praise for getting this fixed so quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Any changes maybe  to the lag problem in the ME ?

This update was purely to fix the attributes issue, we're still looking at other issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing to do with bugs and I said lets move on especially as the hotfix is out and I started again and took Rashidi's advice and offered contracts to anybody under 17 and just waiting to see what happens and for the record you cant ask for anything extra as it is a compensation figure as he was on a youth contract even though he had a contract offer and could sign it from aged 17.

I appreciate all the feedback and as I said probably just blowing off steam but people posting unnecessary comments is the reason why I don't post very often but read it most days and have played every version of the game the guys have ever released.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Glenn Wakeford said:

We've released a hotfix to address the attributes issue. Please read this thread for details.

Oh man... I've been playing all day not knowing anything about this bug :( Appreciate you're trying to fix ongoing saves as well. REALLY hope it's doable and won't take too many days. I only took one week away from work, so fingers crossed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KongeMeier said:

Oh man... I've been playing all day not knowing anything about this bug :( Appreciate you're trying to fix ongoing saves as well. REALLY hope it's doable and won't take too many days. I only took one week away from work, so fingers crossed!

Thats pretty rotten luck

Rule No 1 - Book a weeks hols for FM one week AFTER release....just in case!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Thats pretty rotten luck

Rule No 1 - Book a weeks hols for FM one week AFTER release....just in case!

Yeah, amazing I haven't learned after all the years of FM'ing. Funny thing is, I sat out the beta to make sure I didn't get sucked into a bugged save... :idiot:

Edited by KongeMeier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to hear the hotfix is out for the attributes bug.

Would people recommend starting a long term save or waiting a while longer until the penalty issue may get a fix and maybe a couple other things?  I haven't played the full game much yet as I wanted to wait till the attribute bug was fixed so not sure how it is holding up from Beta to full game.

Edited by Ras

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if it is more impressing how quickly they fixed it or more shocking that they released broken game. Either way, good job on quick fix!l

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been playing since Beta, so the determination problem that has had a hot fix is not effected on my save?

Gotta say I am confuuuuuused

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair play to the SI. Bare in mind some people can't play the game yet (me and others) so take every chance you get to enjoy the game even if it's flawed. Also its nice to hear that people are applauding the SI for their work rather than bashing on them from what we've seen in the last day or so. 

Edited by BigV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cwilcox said:

Been playing since Beta, so the determination problem that has had a hot fix is not effected on my save?

Gotta say I am confuuuuuused

For any user with a save game started since the release of 20.1.0, we’re currently working on a further fix which we hope will address this in any pre-existing saves. For any user who started a save game prior to 20.1.0 your save game is unaffected.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember during the live stream, Miles said your ass man will give you some advise on what to tell the team during the initial team meeting, is that no a thing? I've started a few saves & never seen this

Edited by Johnny Ace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

For any user with a save game started since the release of 20.1.0, we’re currently working on a further fix which we hope will address this in any pre-existing saves. For any user who started a save game prior to 20.1.0 your save game is unaffected.

I think my beta save was started before this as it doesn't obviously seem too off with these attributes, but is there a way to check what the game version was when the save began?

(I've updated several times since of course and now to the full game, so game status shows most recent, not what version I began with...)

Thanks!

Edited by acmilano112000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, acmilano112000 said:

I think my beta save was started before this as it doesn't obviously seem too off with these attributes, but is there a way to check what the game version was when the save began?

(I've updated several times since of course and now to the full game, so game status shows most recent, not what version I began with...)

Thanks!

FM > Game Status

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, acmilano112000 said:

I think my beta save was started before this as it doesn't obviously seem too off with these attributes, but is there a way to check what the game version was when the save began?

(I've updated several times since of course and now to the full game, so game status shows most recent, not what version I began with...)

Thanks!

yeah how can I see wich version I have and should have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not effected then as I am on same game I started on first day of Beta release...

Thanks for replies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say I'm dead impressed with the manager face upload, I've not used it before with a photo but it looks scarily like me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

FM > Game Status

Thanks @Seb Wassell, didn't ever notice it saying "game created on version" - that's great, but it is listed in a different format than your statement..

Says version 1311627.

How do I know, or could you tell me, where that is in terms of before or after 20.1.0?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, acmilano112000 said:

Thanks @Seb Wassell, didn't ever notice it saying "game created on version" - that's great, but it is listed in a different format than your statement..

Says version 1311627.

How do I know, or could you tell me, where that is in terms of before or after 20.1.0?

That was the 20.0.4 Update, so your game was started before the 20.1.0 Update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

For any user with a save game started since the release of 20.1.0, we’re currently working on a further fix which we hope will address this in any pre-existing saves. For any user who started a save game prior to 20.1.0 your save game is unaffected.

 

Regarding the FMT hot fix that you are working on, for the android version, will it be save game compatible? 

Just want to know if I can start my save, or I should wait a bit more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Iwabik said:

I don't know if it is more impressing how quickly they fixed it or more shocking that they released broken game. Either way, good job on quick fix!l

Same. Thought it was shocking they released it with the bug and also fully expected fixing it taking a while.

Anyway, glad it's been fixed. I'm downloading the game now and have rest of the week off. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iwabik said:

I don't know if it is more impressing how quickly they fixed it or more shocking that they released broken game. Either way, good job on quick fix!l

i'm glad it got fixed quickly too but it makes me wonder what the point of the beta was if they were going to ignore huge bugs like this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has the hot fix fixed the penalties bug - or is it a ME issue more than the refs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Artin said:

i'm glad it got fixed quickly too but it makes me wonder what the point of the beta was if they were going to ignore huge bugs like this one.

It came about because of an update during the beta, it was noticed by users of the beta, then fixed pretty darn quickly to be fair to SI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, duesouth said:

Has the hot fix fixed the penalties bug - or is it a ME issue more than the refs?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Robioto said:

I have to say I'm dead impressed with the manager face upload, I've not used it before with a photo but it looks scarily like me!

I look like an angrier Joseph Goebbels, it's horrifying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...