Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

4 hours ago, Tangerine_Army said:

doesn't always work, many times offered players with this set and still get clubs wanting you to pay X amount of the wage

It always works. Every single time.

Sometimes you don't get any offers at all because it might put clubs off. But the offers that do come don't ask for a wage contribution.

Sure, subsequent offers may include requests to supplement the wage, but that's because they're separate bids.

Edited by Bry

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Bry said:

It always works. Every single time.

Sometimes you don't get any offers at all because it might put clubs off. But the offers that do come don't ask for a wage contribution.

Sure, subsequent offers may include requests to supplement the wage, but that's because they're separate bids.

While you can bypass it, it should still be massively toned down since in a lot of cases it just makes no sense at all. I've had cases of teams asking for 250k/year contribution on transfers of 30m+?! While giving the player a massive raise! I mean, it doesn't really make a difference to me since it's barely anything compared to the transfer fee it still makes 0 sense to ask for wage contribution that's tiny compared to what you spend on the transfer and the players salary afterwards.

1 minute ago, Miravlix said:

The beta is broken, my Loan Manager keeps accepting loan bids for players, but I am in charge of loans.

Unfortunately this responsibility keeps being transferred back to the loan manager for some reason. This combined with the fact that he refuses offers for players that are in line with what I offered them out for resulted in what looked like a neat feature at the start turning into the complete opposite very fast. I booted my loan manager once his contact ran out and I'm not gonna bother getting a new one.

20 minutes ago, Miravlix said:

The beta is broken, my Loan Manager keeps accepting loan bids for u19 players, but I am in charge of loans.

Mine hasn't lifted a finger in 5 seasons despite being delegated to find loans......go figure. :lol:

5 hours ago, bleventozturk said:

There is definitely some central play, which is a huge step up from FM 19. However, the finishing from central play is lacking. If you watch the extended highlights, you will see a lot of central play. If you watch goals only however, you notice that most come from crosses and indirect free-kicks. Balance is not there yet.

I personally think that final through ball is missing, look at the number of key forward passes on the analysis screens your lucky to see one or two. In fact look at all forward passes there isn't enough regardless of your tactic. 

Attacking players with instructions to play through balls and encorugaed to play risky passes should be playing lots more killer balls into attacking areas of the pitch instead of playing the ball sideways. Perhaps the root cause of sideways passes is all formations and tactics defensive players sit to narrow, si need to work it out and hopefully fix it for the final patch. 

Edited by Weller1980

1 hour ago, saihtam said:

Here lies the question. Should these be reopened with new ME pkms or they are still being worked with?

The devs had previously said that bugs raised in an older ME may be out of date and so to raise issues spotted in the beta ME in the beta forum, even if they were previously mentioned in the non-beta bug forum.

vor 30 Minuten schrieb ben carter:

Seen it posted in bugs already but I've seen a dramatic increase in goals conceded from set pieces  on the Beta ME.

And how are the figures compared to real football?

19 minutes ago, KUBI said:

No idea honestly but I'll have a look

Just comparing ME to ME though, no change in my setup defensively I am conceding noticeably more goals from corners and free kicks.  

9 hours ago, Martini1991 said:

It allows my team to play the way I want, but then I'm getting stuffed with 1v1's.

This is at least to me better than the previous ME where I felt like the team wasn't even playing to my tactics.

18 hours ago, dannyfc said:

Subjective, but I'd say generally better however not significantly enough to enjoy if you didn't like the previous build. 

I've read that AMC's are useless in the beta ME, is this true? I'll be using a 4231 most likely. 

13 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I've read that AMC's are useless in the beta ME, is this true? I'll be using a 4231 most likely. 

AMC's have been useless since the release tbh.

Edited by LucasBR

If no interest in downloading what  I offer is a pure waste of time for me.  If no respect whom purchase your games it is ok for me. Cheers...

This section is not even looked at.

Edited by JordanMillward_1
Removed insult towards the QA team

In my backroom team advice i am getting coaching team improvements for U/18's manager when i already have one and also much much better than the ones being advised. Is this a bug?

Lol wait i think i just solved it after just posting this. he is not recognised as a manager more of a data analyst maybe that's the reason. 

Edited by Davey Boy

Continue my feedback about UI & UX:

See the left side, big empty white space. To see the full report from AM you have to go to there and move the sliders; instead of not doing this.

SI UI & UX dept. needs to make the life of the gamer easy. Clean design for FM21 ASAP. :)

Screenshot_3.png

Edited by Guest

Just now, Davey Boy said:

In my backroom team advice i am getting coaching team improvements for U/18's manager when i already have one and also much much better than the ones being advised. Is this a bug?

Same here, and this has been happening since FM19.

Well I've now played 10 seasons and a lot of hours.

The beta is WAY, WAY better. I've taken East Fife from relegation to league 2, back to the prem, professional status, building the squad to take on celtic and rangers, beating them, winning all that can be won in Scotland, champions league week in week out. I've loved it.

There are some hilarious bugs, such as being reported about players who are and have never been yours that they are unhappy or about to be released (I just found that absolutely cracking as a news item in my inbox, it looked so totally out of place...), or the latest issue in my save which I'll discuss below after taking over a new club.

So I got bored at East Fife, it's so much effort and time dragging a low side and doing well etc. Last summer in the game I bid to take over at Dortmund, Tottenham and Barcelona, put myself out there and wanted the job, got told off by management and stated if I did that again I was fired (ha). Some of the reasons I got rejected were also cracking yet totally reasonable. This summer I've just been offered the gig at Bayern Munich and I'm looking forward (after taking a break for a week or 2) to having a reign and enjoying being a big club, for different reasons.

A bug that was annoying is that within the first year of the save, with poor performances at Newcastle I had a bad atmosphere at the club and left. That has now been asked at every single interview I've been in and is still being asked 10 years down the line after success and a very happy squad for a long time at a club. Surely, that can be tweaked and whilst it's a reasonable request at an interview, it isn't every second question I get asked and there must be a relevancy test? So that things in the last 5/6 years in the game are discussed but longer term queries are possible to be asked but not definite?

I do think the goals are low. Over 10 seasons, the average top goalscorer in the league after 38 games every year is 16-17 goals and myself I've got over 20 goals with 1 player once, it's bloody hard to score!!! It just seems very low. Usually in the past it's between I would guess 22-35 ish... as a rolling average. You should be able to outperform or underperform occasionally but I can't even reach it and nor can any of the clubs get near these averages.

Another bug I've noticed is that I've taken over at Bayern and one of the roles is to maintain the youth academy as the no 1 youth academy in the game. Within 3 days this failed and the board are complaining (doesn't seem to be anything that'll cost my job). Surely, I shouldn't be getting hounded for this 3 days into the role when I'm in a period where I've had no control specifically on that side of the club...

Any way just my 2 cents.

This game is A LOT of fun, it does have bugs and some of the averages seem a bit off, stay positive please :).

Regards,

Wendigo

(Sorry I didn't respond back with my previous quip on issues with the game, after looking at the data I wasn't convinced I could prove my theory and ultimately I don't play a style of football which encouraged my complaints so it seemed a bit fickle for me to complain about something I wasn't trying to achieve etc.)

1 hour ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Damn, I'll probably stick to the official version just now then. Although I hate the over the top long balls and 1v1's on that. 

Why don't you give it a go and you can always revert back? it's 250mb or something to download the beta update.. won't take long on the slowest of internets..

42 dakika önce, JordanMillward_1 said:

@baris28 - Please take note of the forum rules regarding comments about staff. Whilst most of your post highlights a fair point, you're capable of making that point without making jabs at people's professionalism. 

Thank you I hope I didn't offend anyone but I'm no kid at 42 years old. By professional I mean looking at posts%bug reports and answering them. I don't post much my English not fluent but what I've mean is still relevant. Cheers.

9 hours ago, KUBI said:

Speaking for myself, few days back i had checked goal analysis of my last 15 games and there were 10 set piece goals (corners & fks only), had 9 goals from open play (crosses, through balls, short/medium passes, long/square balls). Had conceded 8 from set pieces during that time while only 6 from open play.

Just checked it for my last 15 games again (no overlap with 15 games talked about earlier) and it's 9 scored 3 conceded from set-pieces while 14 scored 5 conceded from open play. 

In comparison with real life, Liverpool has scored 11 of their 54 goals from set-pieces in 23 PL games so far, City has scored 8/65, Chelsea 6/41 and so on... Maybe the main problem isn't that there are many set-piece goals although that seems like a problem no less, but that open play goals are fewer than expected.

I had reverted back to old patch for few games in-between so i can't check stats for more than 15 games without old patch coming into play. Gonna run next season only on beta patch and manually note how each goal is scored or conceded.

Edited by witchplease

Comparison of my club's conversion rate vs top 7 PL clubs of 18/19 season (5-6 games were played on old patch).

My club :    09% total conversion rate, 21% shots on target to goals conversion rate

City :           14% total conversion rate, 37%

Liverpool : 15% total conversion rate, 39% 

Chelsea :    10% total conversion rate, 32% 

Spurs :        12% total conversion rate, 35%

Arsenal :     16% total conversion rate, 43%

United :      12% total conversion rate, 29%

Wolves :     10% total conversion rate, 31%

The club (City) that scored most goals and won the league in my cm had total conversion rate of 10% and SoT conversion rate of 25%

For more context, my club ended up as PL runner-ups for 3rd time with 2nd most goals scored. I play 2 elite strikers and it's 4th time now that one of them has become PL top-scorer and European golden shoe winner.

Edited by witchplease

9 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

They're not great no. Too much play focused down the wings.

Depends on the player and how you use him. I have retrained Fabio Silva as an AMC and he scored 9 in 10 games so far. I use him as an AM with shoot more often instructions in a 4-3-1-2 system. 

• Administrators
15 hours ago, saihtam said:

Here lies the question. Should these be reopened with new ME pkms or they are still being worked with?

14 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

Who knows. Some of my threads have been replied to, some haven't. As yet none of them have been fixed.

You do, as you asked this exact question in another thread and I answered you - https://community.sigames.com/topic/511766-what-kind-of-data-does-si-need/

When the public beta was announced that contained an updated match engine, I downloaded and have been using this. I just wondered since then, has there been any updates to that version of the match engine, that I should restart the game and download?

Or would a new version of the match engine on the public beta, be announced on here?

Many thanks

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Connor:

When the public beta was announced that contained an updated match engine, I downloaded and have been using this. I just wondered since then, has there been any updates to that version of the match engine, that I should restart the game and download?

Or would a new version of the match engine on the public beta, be announced on here?

Many thanks

Every new update will be announced.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Connor said:

Many thanks

If there is an update Steam will update the game for you in any case.

12 hours ago, ben carter said:

No idea honestly but I'll have a look

Just comparing ME to ME though, no change in my setup defensively I am conceding noticeably more goals from corners and free kicks.  

I looked a couple of months back with the stats from Whoscored & Man City were scoring 70% of their league goals from open play 

Played about 20 games with Beta match.Pre-season games + first offical game (cup game against a weaker team) which i reloaded few times to see how ME works.And my conclusions are next :

Defenders behave better, but still they are giving a lot of balls to the opponents when you defend and always the highlight have to end with AI bad finishing or scoring.

For me, it seems like AI exploits the ME, in particular when you play against lower teams.They always find crazy shoots, or crazy tiki taka passing, or even insane crossing to score.Also they rate to score it's at least 50%.In 2 chances, they will score at least once.I wouldn't mind if it where the same for my team, but when i played a stronger side, i never had the privilege to be so clinical.

Lots of goals from long shots.

About crossing, AI always cross to the far post and in most of the time the crosses are just perfect.Watching the AI players ability to cross, that's unreal, cause they have under 8 crossing skill.In the meantime, your wingers are always skeptical when they have a clear opportunity to cross.But, still is an improvement to the latest patch.

AMC is useless, better not use it.I tried to use him in different roles, but nothing works fine.Also, it seems like your central players doesn't want to pass him.I found that AMC as a second striker works pretty decent and that's pretty much all you can get from this role.

90% of the highlights are starting with a set piece and I don't know if I scored more than 5 goals from action in these 20 games.Lots of goals from set pieces and lots of corners.And yeah, never had a goal from central play and I tried a 4-2-3-1 for this save.

If SI can solve those problems the game will be pretty good.It's clearly an improvement from the latest patch, but I still think it's frustrating to play with this ME.

Edited by BoGdy

Well... I never liked phrase 'this is your tactic mate' but when I visited tactical subforum again and members explained me some things, ME started to be only better for me.
First of all, the players do exactly what I told them and expect from them

Edited by Novem9

I have to say that even with the completely unrealistic amount of successful long balls over the defense and the missed 1on1's, the 20.2.3 is at least fun to play, with a great variety of play and goals possible, whereas the beta version is a step towards the awful FM 19. Chances created and goals are the most important part of a fun ME. If you really want to improve something though, take care of the defenders' inability to clear the ball. Like the poster above says, a highlight only ends when the attacking team's shot after shot finally goes out or caught by the keeper. That's the main reason as far as I can see that most matches end with 40+ shots.

will there be an update for this game and if so when??

because i can’t play this game if the match engine is this bad

compared to fm19 it feels like i have no control over my team

I tell my keeper to play short passes distribute to defenders but he keeps kicking it up the pitch

when my winger is through on goal and the striker is there waiting for the cross

he doesn’t cross it to him

1 hour ago, Novem9 said:

Well... I never liked phrase 'this is your tactic mate' but when I visited tactical subforum again and members explained me some things, ME started to be only better for me.
First of all, the players do exactly what I told them and expect from them

I've been using the same tactic since FM 14 with absolutely no changes except watching the match in Extended making changes in games.

This has been the same result from reading the tactic forum.

And I still say the Match Engine is rather poor. I'm winning a lot of matches because my tactic is not static and makes sense. My tactic changes based on my observations in the match.

This match engine requires a lot of work

2 hours ago, bleventozturk said:

I have to say that even with the completely unrealistic amount of successful long balls over the defense and the missed 1on1's, the 20.2.3 is at least fun to play, with a great variety of play and goals possible, whereas the beta version is a step towards the awful FM 19. Chances created and goals are the most important part of a fun ME. If you really want to improve something though, take care of the defenders' inability to clear the ball. Like the poster above says, a highlight only ends when the attacking team's shot after shot finally goes out or caught by the keeper. That's the main reason as far as I can see that most matches end with 40+ shots.

I totally suscribe to it. I did not play to FM 2019, but currently I came back to official ME and I enjoy it a lot more than Beta ME.

Yes there are these really accurate long balls which zombie defenders, but I see central plays, good runs, there is fun, while matches under Beta ME were boring to watch.

Don't know in which direction will go the future update, but in my opinion, the official ME, with few tweaks (long balls, sometimes 1 versus 1, players who strangely keep the ball withing the field's limits whereas it is dangerous...) might be great !

I agree.

Reduce so many long balls over the top, increase striker success in 1 on 1 situations, make players close to the line pass the ball to the arriving off the ball player to score.

That would be it for me.

Edited by Nil14

6 hours ago, omar778 said:

will there be an update for this game and if so when??

because i can’t play this game if the match engine is this bad

compared to fm19 it feels like i have no control over my team

I tell my keeper to play short passes distribute to defenders but he keeps kicking it up the pitch

when my winger is through on goal and the striker is there waiting for the cross

he doesn’t cross it to him

i seen on twitter Miles said this public beta version of 20.2.4 is not being released as an official patch.  

I'm pretty confused reading that so many of you guys complain about the amount of goals from set-pieces. I'm playing my first season with Newcastle on Beta (33 league games so far) and I have scored only 2 goals from corners and 1 from in-direct free kick. None of them are scored after a header. Also my rivals don't score this way often. My observations are that offensive players very often win air challenges, but they are unable to score a goal (most of the shots are over the bar, some straight in the keeper's hands). So for me the problem is totally opposite - far to less goals from set-pieces :)

Edited by szp