Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

I'm liking this update a lot! It finally resembles football! I feel like the attributes and tactical decisions finally matter. Admittable, I've only used one tactic, but it looks COMPLETELY different to what it was before. And it looks more like what I have in mind. I'm slightly worried about longshots and I have a weird impression that the ball sometimes flies too quickly, but at this point I'm not sure if it's true or not. All in all, I'm very happy, good job SI.

Oh, one thing, do you  pkms on players stoping the ball on the line in the beta ME? I'm talking about this one:

Or the are the pkms from "normal" version sufficient?

Edited by Iwabik

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Iwabik said:

I'm liking this update a lot! It finally resembles football! I feel like the attributes and tactical decisions finally matter. Admittable, I've only used one tactic, but it looks COMPLETELY different to what it was before. And it looks more like what I have in mind. I'm slightly worried about longshots and I have a weird impression that the ball sometimes flies too quickly, but at this point I'm not sure if it's true or not. All in all, I'm very happy, good job SI.

Oh, one thing, do you  pkms on players stoping the ball on the line in the beta ME? I'm talking about this one:

Or the are the pkms from "normal" version sufficient?

I think if you've got examples of either in bold in this version, PKMs would be hugely appreciated by the team

Just wondered if this is something people are having issues with. For throw-ins near the corner flag. Player takes throw in, player knocks ball back to thrower, thrower is offside. This happens so many times. Main version and beta.

2 minutes ago, dOrrrr said:

Just wondered if this is something people are having issues with. For throw-ins near the corner flag. Player takes throw in, player knocks ball back to thrower, thrower is offside. This happens so many times. Main version and beta.

Was reported ages ago. They said it was under review but I'm still seeing it.

Just now, dOrrrr said:

If you're seeing it happen, PKMs would be good to see. Rarely happens in football so it would be worth raising

22 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Currently playing with a false nine and he's pretty much doing as expected, dropping deep and when available in the box quite often one touch laying it back to people on the edge of the area who are in a better position to shoot at goal. 

Might have to switch back to a False9 then. I started with that in early beta and switched to a DLF with a late beta patch. Maybe this patch has F9s working well again.

cant remember who was mentioning about Ray Houghton etc but he was very good player especially his peach against Italy ;) if he plays this game  PRETTY DAM AWESOME !!

Edited by Zool
spelling mistake

14 minutes ago, dOrrrr said:

I've never noticed it before, and some days ago I've got a lot of these situations in the same match. I have not installed the beta yet, I'll see if it changes something and post PKM if needed.

Wow..playing the Beta-ME atm and i`m blown away by it.
Such a great new feeling. HUGE respect to the team to get the MatchEngine THIS good imo. :applause:

The creation auf chances...the passes, the combinations...even new awesome animations or atleast more of them.
I`ve seen kinda new crosses, from places like never before.
Flying headers to clear the ball out of the penaltyarea. Different, more realistic behaviour from the players..especially goalkeepers/defenders.

There were headerpasses to the own keeper.
Complete new, fresh chances to get a goal or even new ways to archieve a goal.
I mean..my Striker scored a goal, which was superb.
Like a direct-dropkick Goal out of the penaltyarea into the left topcorner....damn son. :eek:

You made some random german guy, right before the weekend, very happy@SI-Games Team.
Sounds nerdy, but come one...it`s the FM2020, right?!?

Thanks alot. Pls take this Beta-ME as base and you will have good FMs in the future, too. :)
I wish you all a nice weekend and pls Liverpool wins, ty. *hehe*

Bye

Edited by Nebuuu

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Zool said:

cant remember who was mentioning about Ray Houghton etc but he was very good player especially his peach against Italy ;) if he plays this game  PRETTY DAM AWESOME !!

Ray Houghton worked as a match engine consultant at SI for a number of years. Also played in our five-aside team and was more than a little handy :D 

3 League Titles, 2 FA Cups, 2 League Cups and playing in 2 World Cup finals gives you quite an understanding of football! 

i think i will return in few weeks  or maybe after last update  ..

Really started off  very promising, like always i made my own team and  decided to edit my own  players, had my own personal database took couple days to  do everything ran very well was having Good Fun then, the lag  in matches, jittering,  quick stop then incoming goal situation i lived with it and  them fcking long bastard balls .. what  pished me  off  was  the  game  keeped crashing when closing  and  eventually  it would refuse to Load back up lost everything ;( So i went back to Football Manger 2014 and loving  it

Glad Si have  tryed to do something before the last update  i think you have  calmed a few people and made  then alot more  happier and from the  last pages comments really improved game    ..

keep it simple for once  and stop all the unnecessary extra clicks for screens etc too thats one thing id like to ask for future editons  

7 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Ray Houghton worked as a match engine consultant at SI for a number of years. Also played in our five-aside team and was more than a little handy :D 

3 League Titles, 2 FA Cups, 2 League Cups and playing in 2 World Cup finals gives you quite an understanding of football! 

Fantastic !! been a Loverpool Supporter i actually still followed him when he went to Aston Villa,  glad he joined one of my favourite players Tony Daley ...

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, kertiek said:

is the match plans getting fixed? ... automatic subtitutions are happening even when the "allow substitutions" is not selected, this is in the full version, no touch.

It's an issue we're already aware of and it's being investigated. Thanks. 

• Administrators
Just now, akinozcan said:

Hi @Neil Brock

Is this an issue that you are aware as well? 

Thread has already been responded to by staff, so it is being looked into. 

A few more games played and all looks good except lack of play though the middle and AMs being ineffective and having bad ratings in general unless they score. In that regards looks like have gone back to old ME but I guess it’s the tradeoff and current ME limitations, either no through balls or too many balls over defenders.

Bad news to these of us that love the number 10 position but I guess it aligns with real life where creative 10s are an extinguish breed.

I’ll try to adapt to play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 instead of 4-3-1-2 or 4-2-3-1.

• SI Staff
21 hours ago, autohoratio said:

I'm not sure what's happening with the hair here :lol:

image.png.369e630142a78c834f711b0291b4c66c.pngimage.png.20957e85891a625efa245b7df3b68285.png

Hey, can you try clearing your cache and see if that fixes the issue? If not, please PM me and let me know what graphics settings you're on, and give me a PKM where it happens. Thanks!

21 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

Well this is nice to see. My defender with 17 acc 16 pace on cover duty actually reacting to and sweeping up a ball over the top.

Sorry to sidetrack, and nice to see a covering defender by the way, but how do you customise the pitch view to show the stats at the side like that? I'm stumped, ha ha.

Edited by faust405245

33 minutes ago, faust405245 said:

Sorry to sidetrack, and nice to see a covering defender by the way, but how do you customise the pitch view to show the stats at the side like that? I'm stumped, ha ha.

You have to drag the widgets to the edge of the screen then drop them once the sidebar appears. Then pin the sidebar to keep it in place. It's a nice feature, stops them wandering around the screen.

I also have three widgets on a tab at the bottom of the screen that I can pop up mid game to check on health and player ratings.

Edited by Tiger666

1 hour ago, Tiger666 said:

You have to drag the widgets to the edge of the screen then drop them once the sidebar appears. Then pin the sidebar to keep it in place. It's a nice feature, stops them wandering around the screen.

I also have three widgets on a tab at the bottom of the screen that I can pop up mid game to check on health and player ratings.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

• Administrators
Just now, Setsuna said:

Anyone else getting an obscene amount of injuries? 

Worth uploading a save with a season played at least if you think you have an issue. But our stats consistently show injuries being around 80% of real life levels, so I'd be surprised if you're getting anywhere near that.

I am enjoying this beta.

- Long balls are not so frequent anymore.
- Attack moves are better worked out now.
- I saw some things I didn't see in 20.2.3, such as 1-2 in depth.
- Players follow instructions more precisely now but can still improve.

I will continue testing, but so far is very good.
  :lol:

Does anyone know how to clear the list of recent game setups?

Mine is currently full of setups that always tell me they cant be loaded and I have to go through the load/select each time.

pXIl1fi.jpg

Are these stored in an XML file somewhere?

Cheers

30 minutes ago, Setsuna said:

Anyone else getting an obscene amount of injuries? 

I don't wanna rain on anyone's parade if they are benefiting from this, but I've noticed the exact opposite; very small number of injuries almost feels like cheating lol, especially compared to the crises being experienced by Prem clubs right now. Even FM19 felt toned down.

8 minutes ago, duesouth said:

Just earned another penalty... and saved again.  3 pens in the beta - all saved.

This is realist, right now Porto has lost 2 penalys against Braga!:)

Edited by AvilaPT

1 hour ago, danstam said:

I don't wanna rain on anyone's parade if they are benefiting from this, but I've noticed the exact opposite; very small number of injuries almost feels like cheating lol, especially compared to the crises being experienced by Prem clubs right now. Even FM19 felt toned down.

Download this: 

4 hours ago, Icy said:

A few more games played and all looks good except lack of play though the middle and AMs being ineffective and having bad ratings in general unless they score. In that regards looks like have gone back to old ME but I guess it’s the tradeoff and current ME limitations, either no through balls or too many balls over defenders.

Bad news to these of us that love the number 10 position but I guess it aligns with real life where creative 10s are an extinguish breed.

Nooo! That sounds disappointing as I'm planning on using a 4231 with an AP (s) in the middle. I love the old classic number 10 and poacher type striker systems. Anyone else finding this a problem like the above poster? Not had the chance to test the beta ME out yet. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

2 minutes ago, Gunnersmoke said:

I’m so pleased to finally have an update, only had 2 games with it so too early to tell on gameplay front. However I’m getting a fair bit of stuttering even when my FPS counter says 75+ consistently 

I'm noticing some juddery movement in game too, it's very subtle but players moving and long balls seem to slow down and speed up.

Edited by Tiger666

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Icy:

I opted into the beta and had a match trying out settings stuff and witnessed a wonderfull through the middle pass over 20 Yard that took 3 defending Players out of the Play though my Striker had to anticipate it so he could react quicker than the Defender and scored a wonderfull central Goal simply let it slip aside the GK into the Goal after a sidestep - but the assisting midfielder is excepptionally good for my Team.

Now i start over for a nice other CaC. with a better knowledge foundation for a great start.

Still to few Matches played in to early of the Season to say anything aobut the beta ME but yet i had no infamous backheel posssesion losses and the Long Center through balls looked reaasonable so far.

PS: Every Penalty was scored successful be it for or against my Team - but in total it was 3 or so...

Edited by Etebaer

I cant put a review on the beta

my tactic no longer works so I am struggling to fix it.. It was suited to old match engiine so now I am trying to fix it.. I am maybe noticing a lot of headers/crosses but I cant put a honest review untill I play atleast 20 games with the same tactic but I am having a very hard time

8 minutes ago, Vault-Tec said:

Hi,

Juste one match so far but I'm really disappointed, think I've never dominated a this point a game but it ended with a draw.

Way too many shots, especially headers from Lukaku or Esposito (not the worst), without being challenged by a defender but which go waaaaay over the goal, it made me mad.

Capture d’écran (2).png

Capture d’écran (3).png

Inter - Genoa.pkm 264.65 kB · 1 download

I mean bro play atleast 10/15 games before uploading pkm and giving feedback. This is kida pointless? 

17 minutes ago, Toshevbgg said:

I mean bro play atleast 10/15 games before uploading pkm and giving feedback. This is kida pointless? 

I did not say that "woww the ME is broken", but the 32 shots and 9 on target versus the 4 and 1 for Genoa seem a bit exagerated for me, with also (that was my impression during the game) a lot of "easy" headers far off the goal.

I'm honest, I outlined that it's my first game with the beta, I just wanted to give an impression, and moderators, SI staff and so on can use pkm if it can help. If it does not, well it does not.

@FrazT I agree, and I did not want to make a general conclusion about the ME. As english is not my first language, maybe my comment was a bit clumsy.

Edited by Vault-Tec

Somebody else said don't release every year.

Somebody then said "but turnover".

Solution: Just release new DBs with all new transfers and players as DLC every season, and patch out bugs and glitches. Partially crowdfund to compensate.

Then when you've got new features ready after 2 or 3 years, release a new game and keep the same model consistently forever.

Result will be ME that is eventually flawless (at least in terms of events, if not also graphically) and up to date player and staff database.

Even release January window as a DLC.

1 hour ago, permanentquandary said:

Somebody else said don't release every year.

Somebody then said "but turnover".

Solution: Just release new DBs with all new transfers and players as DLC every season, and patch out bugs and glitches. Partially crowdfund to compensate.

Then when you've got new features ready after 2 or 3 years, release a new game and keep the same model consistently forever.

Result will be ME that is eventually flawless (at least in terms of events, if not also graphically) and up to date player and staff database.

Even release January window as a DLC.

This has been suggested several times every year for probably 6-7 years, and I can tell you it'll never happen. When people can make their own updated databases with the pre-game editor, SI would go broke with this strategy. 

im so full of this game, and the thing is that i keep trying again and again to play it and each time i get more mad. this is the worst fm ever. everything is fixed you have no interference in whats going on...

in my last save i had 20 games in a row winning, i had 12 points over the second place in february(wich in the portuguese league is a certain league win), in january i won easily over my two rivals in the league cup, a few time later won 3-0 over a rival in the cup semi-final. all of the sudden in february after the 20th win in a row i lose 3-0 in the second leg of the cup and get eliminated in the penaltys, from then on i lost 4 games in a row and couldnt do a thing. the team just stopped playing. i ended up losing the league(12 points ahead) , because i kept losing and drawing with **** teams like tondela. my team just wasnt able to play in the league, everygame was a desert...and meanwhile i get to the eurocup final...this has zero logic.

other times is the other way around, i just lose points as **** in the first round and then in the second my rival starts conveniently losing so i can be champion recovering a ******** of points.  

and so many other signs that the game is completeley fixed, dozens of 90+ minute goals that allways happen in the most important matches, red cards...everything is completely fixed i feel like i have zero influence  in the game.

is this just suppose to fly by? i play this game for 15 years now, i keep trying to play it and i've never played something remotely this bad, i feel completely robbed. there is going to be no statement by the developers of the game or something? it looks like a joke on the stupid people that decided to give money for this.

and im not even talking about the bugs in this game, the ridiculous match engine, the penalty conversion rate(to me in certain saves isnt a issue and in others is like 30%), the forwards efficiency etc etc 

6 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Nooo! That sounds disappointing as I'm planning on using a 4231 with an AP (s) in the middle. I love the old classic number 10 and poacher type striker systems. Anyone else finding this a problem like the above poster? Not had the chance to test the beta ME out yet. 

I was worried here but it seems from the 2 reports below that I shouldn't be, especially going by the video from Tiger. 

5 hours ago, Etebaer said:

I opted into the beta and had a match trying out settings stuff and witnessed a wonderfull through the middle pass over 20 Yard that took 3 defending Players out of the Play though my Striker had to anticipate it so he could react quicker than the Defender and scored a wonderfull central Goal simply let it slip aside the GK into the Goal after a sidestep - but the assisting midfielder is excepptionally good for my Team.

Now i start over for a nice other CaC. with a better knowledge foundation for a great start.

Still to few Matches played in to early of the Season to say anything aobut the beta ME but yet i had no infamous backheel posssesion losses and the Long Center through balls looked reaasonable so far.

PS: Every Penalty was scored successful be it for or against my Team - but in total it was 3 or so...

5 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

Seeing some lovely central play and little dinked through balls now. Much improved from the long ball smash-fest before. Really enjoying this so far.

51 minutes ago, isco22 said:

im so full of this game, and the thing is that i keep trying again and again to play it and each time i get more mad. this is the worst fm ever. everything is fixed you have no interference in whats going on...

in my last save i had 20 games in a row winning, i had 12 points over the second place in february(wich in the portuguese league is a certain league win), in january i won easily over my two rivals in the league cup, a few time later won 3-0 over a rival in the cup semi-final. all of the sudden in february after the 20th win in a row i lose 3-0 in the second leg of the cup and get eliminated in the penaltys, from then on i lost 4 games in a row and couldnt do a thing. the team just stopped playing. i ended up losing the league(12 points ahead) , because i kept losing and drawing with **** teams like tondela. my team just wasnt able to play in the league, everygame was a desert...and meanwhile i get to the eurocup final...this has zero logic.

other times is the other way around, i just lose points as **** in the first round and then in the second my rival starts conveniently losing so i can be champion recovering a ******** of points.  

and so many other signs that the game is completeley fixed, dozens of 90+ minute goals that allways happen in the most important matches, red cards...everything is completely fixed i feel like i have zero influence  in the game.

is this just suppose to fly by? i play this game for 15 years now, i keep trying to play it and i've never played something remotely this bad, i feel completely robbed. there is going to be no statement by the developers of the game or something? it looks like a joke on the stupid people that decided to give money for this.

and im not even talking about the bugs in this game, the ridiculous match engine, the penalty conversion rate(to me in certain saves isnt a issue and in others is like 30%), the forwards efficiency etc etc 

The only response to this kind of post is to advise that the game is not fixed.  As manager, you need to react to circumstances and not expect to win just because you have been on a winning run.

26 minutes ago, FrazT said:

The only response to this kind of post is to advise that the game is not fixed.  As manager, you need to react to circumstances and not expect to win just because you have been on a winning run.

sure and i just start winning all of a sudden because i became a fenomenal couch, and my rival starts losing just the right amount so i can overtake them because their couch lost the ability to react to circumstances.

i didnt start playing fm with this game, in fact i had 2019 pretty much figured out, i used to win the champions league frequently with a team like porto.

this one is clearly fixed, even when i win i feel like i did because i was suposed to. what happens save after save is obvious, it's allways the same pattern, the same things happening in the same order. i dont mind losing, or feeling the game is extra hard, the thing is that isnt the case...theres clearly a defined ''journey'' , it is all but ''organic'', and it's obvious as hell. 

you're going to tell me of course that those red cards changing the course of the most important games are allways occuring by chance, 90+ goals allways occuring in the same kind of games are also by chance...one big coincidence. another one is people still paying money for this.

Edited by isco22