Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

28 minutos atrás, robinthebest disse:

So i just got to go on vacation for 2 weeks on the new match engine, didn't watch any game, just over the stats, go the below stats from 3 random games,

https://imgur.com/WOiTUeQ

https://imgur.com/kZoVLxe

https://imgur.com/H6OsduK

According to @HUNT3R

But there are 50 - 70 tackles per games in the matches like before, do the ME team really focus on the real life stats?

Back To FM 2019,

https://imgur.com/nExYFFn

https://imgur.com/VgMRfXR

 

 

 

I checked my statistics here and really the number of tackles is very high too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to play devil's advocate here as I just shut down the game and can't check it myself, but you may want to take a look at those tackles in game. They may just be actual challenges to take the ball away from an opponent, not tackles as in an actual sliding tackle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Did the long way to upload but wanted to show some sweet passing. First one is just amazing passing between FB and TM. Other one is attacking phase to goal.

 

https://streamable.com/pw78m

 

That 2nd goal is the stuff of dreams, can't wait to play this patch

Edited by ArchieCourt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ArchieCourt said:

 

That 2nd goal is the stuff of dreams, can't wait to play this patch

I was looking forward to it. Early signs are my tactics have stopped working as now my team seemingly could not play football even if their lives depended on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had this beauty - I've noticed a lot more variety in the types of goals scored, fewer one-on-ones but more being scored, passing in general, but especially passing rather than taking tight angle shots, more one twos, better crossing behaviour by wingers and fullbacks, better movement by centre backs, and a lot fewer over-the-top balls.

I really like this ME.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Just had this beauty - I've noticed a lot more variety in the types of goals scored, fewer one-on-ones but more being scored, passing in general, but especially passing rather than taking tight angle shots, more one twos, better crossing behaviour by wingers and fullbacks, better movement by centre backs, and a lot fewer over-the-top balls.

I really like this ME.

It really is a beautiful goal! The kind that has been long forgotten since FM 17 :)

I am just so jealous right now that I don't have this beta with the Touch version. This is like torture :(

 

 

Edited by bleventozturk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

better crossing behaviour by wingers and fullbacks

I like this patch, too, but I don't think I've seen a completed cross in 10 or so games since I updated. On the other hand, I haven't seen a 70-yard hoofed clearance drop on the right foot, in stride, of a counter-attacking forward. On balance, that seems a fair trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided to give a go to the Beta.  One very simple question:  Does anybody noticed a difference in processing time (i.e. spacebar/continue)?  On my side, I felt that the process time is about 25 to 30% longer when I go on holiday inbetween games.  Am I the only one who felt that?  Anybody could try to reproduce?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

Well this is nice to see. My defender with 17 acc 16 pace on cover duty actually reacting to and sweeping up a ball over the top.

 

Zombie slayer :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Rien102 said:

I decided to give a go to the Beta.  One very simple question:  Does anybody noticed a difference in processing time (i.e. spacebar/continue)?  On my side, I felt that the process time is about 25 to 30% longer when I go on holiday inbetween games.  Am I the only one who felt that?  Anybody could try to reproduce?

mine seems ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing an enormous amount of long range goals . 4 in 2 matches from my team and 3 from the opposition all from outside the box . All goals were from 30-40 m away .

Edited by prot651

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, prot651 said:

Seeing an enormous amount of long range goals . 4 in 2 matches from my team and 3 from the opposition all from outside the box . All goals were from 30-30 m away .

Might be worth logging this over a larger sample of games to see if it is a trend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Public Beta available for the demo?

or i have to wait.

Haven't bought the game yet. (still waiting for the right price :))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Public Beta sounds great. It's good to see SI working with the community to optimise the game and hopefully they get some useful feedback and reports.

Eagerly awaiting the chance to see the ME changes on FMT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, thisana said:

Is Public Beta available for the demo?

or i have to wait.

Haven't bought the game yet. (still waiting for the right price :))

The demo is usually only updated in line with the full release version of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, prot651 said:

Seeing an enormous amount of long range goals . 4 in 2 matches from my team and 3 from the opposition all from outside the box . All goals were from 30-40 m away .

Yep. It seems easier to score a 30 yard pile driver than a simple 1 v 1. Kessie has 9 goals in my game, mostly, from outside the box and each a contender for goal of the season. It'd be better if some of those goals could be shifted to Piatek who has missed countless simple 1v1s.

Is anyone finding that the 1v1s that are scored are often when the keeper saves the first poor attempt and the striker taps it into an empty net?

This manages to both ruin the assist stats and kill any joy in the goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FrazT said:

Might be worth logging this over a larger sample of games to see if it is a trend

It's definitely a trend. I'm turning a blind eye to it because they make up for all the missed 1v1s.

I'm half minded to start keeping my own stats where I discount these goals and up the goals for my strikers....

You might think that's bonkers (and it probably is) but one thing I try and do with my strikers is get them to beat records with the big target being Piola's 274 Serie A goals.

(I did this with FIFA and PES when DM's used to burst forward and score headers - I used to allocate the goals to my striker.....(yes I'm weird).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still don't feel like players are following instructions, or that their actions are representative of their attributes or tactics.

BWM - short passing, take less risks: continues to drive 50 yard balls to either flank despite a player stood next to him.

Goals are still feel very attritional; set-piece, wing-back arriving late far post, or long-shot after some pinball.

There's very little incentive to sit deep. The game is essentially press high, box them in, then hope to score off a scramble after a series of aerial bombardment. 

Edited by dannyfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ArchieCourt said:

 

That 2nd goal is the stuff of dreams, can't wait to play this patch

Thnx. In both those highlights Target Man is the key guy. Really like how he gets involved and depending on situation they are really trying to give him good cross in also.
Feel that now ME more listens to input that i make in tactics. Also opponents are no push over, if i leave a cap then they will try to use it. Losing feels good also.

But there is still lot to try and see how ME reacts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played three friendly games, so far I am satisfied.

- Didn't see any long balls neither of me or my opponents, even though I push my DL to higher(and both my CB-s are on defend duty).

- No more high header shots long over the goal 

- Wide players are crossing more often (had one situation, where my wide player was chasing the ball and he immediately cross it with his weaker foot into box and my striker scores a goal, in previous ME my wide player would just stop the ball without breaking and the opponent would just pick the ball and there is counter attack for them)

- had only one 1 on 1 situation and it has been scored even though it was a little difficult angle

- And what I liked the most of this ME, is the variety of passing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dannyfc said:

There's very little incentive to sit deep. The game is essentially press high, box them in, then hope to score off a scramble after a series of aerial bombardment. 

100% agree - I actually tested with a downloaded tactic last night (high line - counter press on - press more urgently) and my team suddenly turned into world beaters.  Pressing was overpowered anyway - now it's silly overpowered.  I'll keep testing over the weekend, but that made me disillusioned last night - a crazy tactic that shouldn't work with my average Serie C team turns me into a top of the table level side, but if I use mine (standard defensive line, lower LOE) and the oppo presses high, I've got zero chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Just had this beauty - I've noticed a lot more variety in the types of goals scored, fewer one-on-ones but more being scored, passing in general, but especially passing rather than taking tight angle shots, more one twos, better crossing behaviour by wingers and fullbacks, better movement by centre backs, and a lot fewer over-the-top balls.

I really like this ME.

who were the teams playing here ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, duesouth said:

100% agree - I actually tested with a downloaded tactic last night (high line - counter press on - press more urgently) and my team suddenly turned into world beaters.  Pressing was overpowered anyway - now it's silly overpowered.  I'll keep testing over the weekend, but that made me disillusioned last night - a crazy tactic that shouldn't work with my average Serie C team turns me into a top of the table level side, but if I use mine (standard defensive line, lower LOE) and the oppo presses high, I've got zero chance.

I agree as well. I'm only about 11 games in with the Beta ME. I'm a tiny newly promoted side whos' squad after transfers is at best as good as it was last year. I'm predicted rightly to finish bottom in the new division. I play a risky high line with high pressing so I should expect to get punished with balls over the top but it's a risk tactically I decided to take. I also had a back up where I sat deeper and regrouped if it all got too much.

Instead of being stuck at the bottom of the table I'm joint top with the least conceded. My defenders weren't even the best when I got promoted the season before under the old ME. Now it's like Fort Knox at the back and it just doesn't feel right. I've not needed my more defensive tactic to grind results out.

I'm worried that the knock on effect of slightly improving 1 on 1's (which I didn't have a major issue with to be honest), and reducing the amount of balls over the top even when playing a tactic that should be punished by them, is an easier game. Admittedly a small sample so far so will crack on and give it a chance.

Edited by Peljam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, prot651 said:

Seeing an enormous amount of long range goals . 4 in 2 matches from my team and 3 from the opposition all from outside the box . All goals were from 30-40 m away .

I had a cup game, both clubs were Scottish Highland League clubs.  The opponent's goal in regular time was a shot from at least 30 yards, and my goal was a 25 yard free kick, in which the ball swerved like it was kicked by Roberto Carlos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, duesouth said:

100% agree - I actually tested with a downloaded tactic last night (high line - counter press on - press more urgently) and my team suddenly turned into world beaters.  Pressing was overpowered anyway - now it's silly overpowered.  I'll keep testing over the weekend, but that made me disillusioned last night - a crazy tactic that shouldn't work with my average Serie C team turns me into a top of the table level side, but if I use mine (standard defensive line, lower LOE) and the oppo presses high, I've got zero chance.

My gegenpress tactic has turned to poop with the beta patch.  My team have forgotten how to perform, let alone win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

I had a cup game, both clubs were Scottish Highland League clubs.  The opponent's goal in regular time was a shot from at least 30 yards, and my goal was a 25 yard free kick, in which the ball swerved like it was kicked by Roberto Carlos.

Well better report them if those keep happening. This is our chance to make a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has the issue that players in the box always shoot, no matter what angle while ignoring better positioned players, also been fixes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Welshace said:

Hi.. if you read up even just a little bit in this thread.. you will see that there is a public beta out .. download it and see if anything improves for you..

Thanks, didn`t see it. I am not sure I will try this BETA, this job should have been done by SI some months ago  not after 2 months since the release of the game and this happening each year... What I also find quite strange is how SI people feel somehow irritated by people complaining about a product they bought and which isn`t working properly and this happening once again each year.

In my opinion (as someone who is buying the game since 2005) this politic and this way of developing Football Manager could get to the end of the series, because right now I am really thinking if I would buy FM21 since each year is the same story and as a player the only thing you get is frustration instead of joy and pleasure playing the game. And as I saw, I am not the only one who is thinking twice now about buying the next game.

I really hope that things will change somehow (maybe better testers and longer testing period before releasing the game).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

My gegenpress tactic has turned to poop with the beta patch.  My team have forgotten how to perform, let alone win. 

There goes my theory!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have sympathy with SI, not everyone can be pleased. It's impossible everyone wants something different from the ME. 

Last few posts talking about the gegen press tactic which we all know has been overpowering since FM 18 I purposely avoid using as to me it feels like I'm cheating. Unfortunately other tactics just aren't anywhere near as affective so takes a lot to get a 442 or a low tempo tikka takka to work. Even a sit deep counter rarely gets results. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went away for a long weekend, so of course the Beta was updated........

Mixed bag of responses so far although the general consensus is improvement over the current ME. 

Question, is the player keeping the ball in play for his opponent whilst running past it still present?????

Edited by janrzm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fm2020.smith said:

who were the teams playing here ?

I was Dortmund, the other team was Monaco, in the CL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh good, the latest ME update made my 4-4-2 even better. :D That visit to the tactics forum was so useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, janrzm said:

I went away for a long weekend, so of course the Beta was updated........

Mixed bag of responses so far although the general consensus is improvement over the current ME. 
 

Question, is the player keeping the ball in play for his opponent whilst running past it still present?????

I haven't seen it in the 3 games i played. Players react quicker to keep the ball at their feet rather than leave it to the opposition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, styluz05 said:

I have sympathy with SI, not everyone can be pleased. It's impossible everyone wants something different from the ME. 

Last few posts talking about the gegen press tactic which we all know has been overpowering since FM 18 I purposely avoid using as to me it feels like I'm cheating. Unfortunately other tactics just aren't anywhere near as affective so takes a lot to get a 442 or a low tempo tikka takka to work. Even a sit deep counter rarely gets results. 

 

 

Well I'm sure not everyone can be please with the bang um in from way outside scoring for every goal that I'm seeing . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

Well better report them if those keep happening. This is our chance to make a difference.

Given I'm using a custom database there's probably no point in reporting. If I was playing the fully official DB and at a low level I would. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Well I'm sure not everyone can be please with the bang um in from way outside scoring for every goal that I'm seeing . 

Might just be tactical with some people. I just checked my goal locations from the last ten games (which is pretty much where I started with the beta) and I've got 8 goals from inside the six yard box, another fourteen from within the penalty area, one from outside the penalty area and one really long distance belter. Conceded only four so far, all from inside the penalty box. 

Oud-Heverlee Leuven_ Goals.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, janrzm said:

Question, is the player keeping the ball in play for his opponent whilst running past it still present?????

Yes that's still happening. If you want to add any examples, the thread is here:

 

Edited by Tiger666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

Yes that's still happening. If you want to add any examples, the thread is here:

 

From what I've seen it's far less prominent though, and mostly a case of attacking players trying to keep the ball in play (which is fine in my opinion). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone had problems (generally speaking) with sponsorship contracts not being renewed or improved? I'm currently managing in Belgium, have won the league 3 times which means I always qualify for the group stage of the CL but I've never gotten a continental sponsorship. I also won the Euro Cup once but despite the reputation boost, I'm not getting any new contracts and one I did have was not renewed last season. Might be because it's a beta save but it still strikes me as odd..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still seeing a ton of shots on target between both teams almost every game. Strikers still finishing worse than sunday league players when squared in front of goal. The 1v1s are happening less, but as I said, finishing still horrendous. Probably by design considering the amounts of shots every game should result in every game ending 3-3.


Also, still a TON of missed penalties.

Yes, this is on the beta patch. I hardly see any improvement to realism.

Edited by yandex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Has anyone had problems (generally speaking) with sponsorship contracts not being renewed or improved? I'm currently managing in Belgium, have won the league 3 times which means I always qualify for the group stage of the CL but I've never gotten a continental sponsorship. I also won the Euro Cup once but despite the reputation boost, I'm not getting any new contracts and one I did have was not renewed last season. Might be because it's a beta save but it still strikes me as odd..

Yes. I started with Brondby in the best league in Denmark. They start with sponsorships for £6 millions. After the first season it went to £6.25 millions for a few years. Suddenly I was down to £3 millions. Now to £3.4 millions. But slicing 50% I didn't expect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, yandex said:

Still seeing a ton of shots on target between both teams almost every game. Strikers still finishing worse than sunday league players when squared in front of goal. The 1v1s are happening less, but as I said, finishing still horrendous. Probably by design considering the amounts of shots every game should result in every game ending 3-3.


Also, still a TON of missed penalties.

Yes, this is on the beta patch. I hardly see any improvement to realism.

What sort of numbers are you talking about here? How many shots is a "ton of shots". If you really believe there is a problem then provide examples.

I've only played one match since the update. It was a diabolical affair, and was a tale of poor finishing, but it's hard to have any real thoughts after one match.

Basically, it is all well and good saying things are bad, but how does anyone know for sure if you provide no examples? Be constructive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, anagain said:

What sort of numbers are you talking about here? How many shots is a "ton of shots". If you really believe there is a problem then provide examples.

I've only played one match since the update. It was a diabolical affair, and was a tale of poor finishing, but it's hard to have any real thoughts after one match.

Basically, it is all well and good saying things are bad, but how does anyone know for sure if you provide no examples? Be constructive.

From 6 games in the Championship these are the shots on target between the teams:

 

7-6

4-7

15-7

8-9

11-5

6-6

Edited by yandex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Has anyone had problems (generally speaking) with sponsorship contracts not being renewed or improved? I'm currently managing in Belgium, have won the league 3 times which means I always qualify for the group stage of the CL but I've never gotten a continental sponsorship. I also won the Euro Cup once but despite the reputation boost, I'm not getting any new contracts and one I did have was not renewed last season. Might be because it's a beta save but it still strikes me as odd..

 

3 minutes ago, KVJ92 said:

Yes. I started with Brondby in the best league in Denmark. They start with sponsorships for £6 millions. After the first season it went to £6.25 millions for a few years. Suddenly I was down to £3 millions. Now to £3.4 millions. But slicing 50% I didn't expect

Please raise it here and our finances team can investigate - https://community.sigames.com/forum/724-all-other-gameplay/

If you have a save game prior to the 'new' sponsorship appearing it'd be extremely useful for the team. Details on how to upload a save game (remember to let us know the file name) here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2020/238_how-to/241_pc/how-to-upload-files-for-support-r847/

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Neil Brock said:

 

Please raise it here and our finances team can investigate - https://community.sigames.com/forum/724-all-other-gameplay/

If you have a save game prior to the 'new' sponsorship appearing it'd be extremely useful for the team. Details on how to upload a save game (remember to let us know the file name) here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2020/238_how-to/241_pc/how-to-upload-files-for-support-r847/

Thanks. 

I have previously uploaded a file for the same savegame - Can that be used if I find the name I gave the file? If yes, I can raise it in the thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone experiencing hold up striker play to be very ineffective?

I'm using the same formation as before the beta patch - 4-1-2-2-1 advanced wingers and DLF with attack mentality - but when a ball is knocked forward to my DLF he just tries to head it past the defender rather than try to bring his own teammates in to play.

I'll keep watching it, as this is only the second match I've played since the update. Just thought I'd garner other's thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Var is purely a ME mechanic, has anyone noticed a different outcome to the usual with this beta? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...