Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutos atrás, Novem9 disse:

Refused all my current plans and played few games in different styles ASAP :D

In first impression it works MUCH better. No long passing, realistic mistakes, feeling of player attributes and team play exactly what I asked :thup: 
Checked balanced mentality vertical tiki-taka and cautious 4231 aka Mourinho and classic positive tikitaka of very slow and very short passing.

All formations and roles were realistic and it's really enjoyable. Really happy :) 

Your comment was accurate. I had the same impression :thup:

Played a few games, so far so good. My players are scoring from crosses, strikers scoring more, not seeing 100 clear cut chances every game, players squaring the ball to someone who's open and no over the top longballs happening all the time. Enjoyed the ME alot more so far, thanks SI.

The lag I seemed to get in the menus (think it was because the FPS was dropping to 5 in the menus) seems to have dissapeared. Happy already!

And the ME is now running at a buttery smooth 60FPS, rather than running at 55FPS and being a stuttering mess.

Edited by dan99

4 minutes ago, Savatage1973 said:

i have the game ,so i have to download again?

i dont understand

Open steam, library, FM20 and right click, select properties, select beta on the menu and simply opt in. No need to download the whole game again, just the small update.

4 minutes ago, robbie_start said:

Sorry for sounding dumb but can I download this update and carry on my save? Thanks 

Yes you can. Although as mentioned already in this thread, best to create a copy of your current save file just to be on the safe side.

Edited by craigcwwe

3 minutes ago, Savatage1973 said:

i have the game ,so i have to download again?

i dont understand

It's just 256mb update, nothing big.

2 minutes ago, robbie_start said:

Sorry for sounding dumb but can I download this update and carry on my save? Thanks 

Yes, you can.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Tiger666 said:

The changelist mentions changes to the match engine. Is it just the match engine that's been changed? I've submitted a load of bug reports on various issues, I'd like to know if any have been fixed.

No, in this Public Beta we've only put in what's listed in the changelist, so the match engine and performance related changes. 

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

No, in this Public Beta we've only put in what's listed in the changelist, so the match engine and performance related changes. 

Ok thanks. Though it does seem the competition stats page remembers my settings now so I assume that one's been fixed:

Hello guys,

I am playing Football Manager since the begining (2005) and I have to whole collection at home. I have also been a researcher for Romania for some years.

But what this year (and 2019 aswell) is happening with my team missing chances is absolutely outrageous. I was playing a career with 1860 Munich (one of my favourite clubs) and in the second season I was getting after each second or third game (which I lost or draw) the news that my team "made to rue chances" and that regardless of the tactic (and I have tryied a lot of tactics and read a lot of recommandations on the Internet). I have the latest update so it can't be because me having an older version.

I think it is the first time in years, since 2005 as I said, when I am stoping playing the game because of this thing with missing chances (strikers shooting always directly in the goalie or wide). For now I won't be playing this game finding it a fail (2019 was almost the same)... I am thinking about uninstalling it. 

I will give it another chance maybe after the Winter Update, but I have my doubts that this will resolve this stupidity about missing chances (at 2019 the winter updated didn't resolve it).

Maybe I will get back to 2017 which had less of these bugs or fails of the code...

Have a good one.

4 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

There is a BIG difference, ME is more realistic now, good job guys.

A few things like unrealistic foul in the penalty area must be tweaked, headers and fullbacks marking need more work, but i think we are going in the right direction.

Just now, dannyx said:

Hello guys,

I am playing Football Manager since the begining (2005) and I have to whole collection at home. I have also been a researcher for Romania for some years.

But what this year (and 2019 aswell) is happening with my team missing chances is absolutely outrageous. I was playing a career with 1860 Munich (one of my favourite clubs) and in the second season I was getting after each second or third game (which I lost or draw) the news that my team "made to rue chances" and that regardless of the tactic (and I have tryied a lot of tactics and read a lot of recommandations on the Internet). I have the latest update so it can't be because me having an older version.

I think it is the first time in years, since 2005 as I said, when I am stoping playing the game because of this thing with missing chances (strikers shooting always directly in the goalie or wide). For now I won't be playing this game finding it a fail (2019 was almost the same)... I am thinking about uninstalling it. 

I will give it another chance maybe after the Winter Update, but I have my doubts that this will resolve this stupidity about missing chances (at 2019 the winter updated didn't resolve it).

Maybe I will get back to 2017 which had less of these bugs or fails of the code...

Have a good one.

Hi.. if you read up even just a little bit in this thread.. you will see that there is a public beta out .. download it and see if anything improves for you..

3 minutes ago, Savatage1973 said:

i m still confuse

i ve updated..so now i play this beta...when the patch release it will automaticly donwload and i still carry on the saved game,

is ther need to do anything else  to carry on or just uploaded and continue save game?

thanks

You can carry on playing now... when the update is fully released, just go back into steam and change from public beta to standard and download the update as you normally would and then carry on again

vor 3 Minuten schrieb OlivierL:

So this is not an auto update/patch/bugfix ?

I can wait till SI releases this in the full game as a patch ? Because i'm not that mad about how i was playing and i'm only playing in iceland.. some ME issues didn't bother me.

No, it's an opt-in beta update. You can continue with the latest official version.

Agora, Vault-Tec disse:

Argh, don't know what to do... Sometimes I am mad against the ME, and sometimes like yesterday I was very please, not too much long balls, realistic evenements for me... Can't wait to read more feedbacks to take a decision.

I'd argue against that. You should make a decision by your own experience. I may hate it and you like it or vice versa.

2 games played so far a not a single 1 on 1 chance from a pass over the top, and in general everything looks more like real football. Maybe still a few too much long range goals, but too small sample size.

I hate to moan and I do appreciate SI efforts, but the new ME is basically a crossing simulator, I've watched 20 - 30 AI only games and I've seen just one through ball goal. There is no central play again!!! Goals are scored from crosses, freekicks, corners and long range goals.

Edited by Weller1980

2 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

I hate to moan and I do appreciate SI efforts, but the new ME is basically a crossing simulator, I've watched 20 - 30 AI only games and I've seen just one through ball goal. There is no central play again!!!

Examples, PKMs? Give SI something to work with here. There's nothing SI can take from this really

9 minutes ago, 99 said:

I'd argue against that. You should make a decision by your own experience. I may hate it and you like it or vice versa.

Yeah but for doing so, I'll need testing it... If I keep a save before testing, will it be possible to return to my previous save and the previous ME ? I understand how to access to the public beta, but I'm not sure about this one.

In fact I think my greatest fear is to test the new ME, and beginning to lose all the games.

1 minute ago, Weller1980 said:

I hate to moan and I do appreciate SI efforts, but the new ME is basically a crossing simulator, I've watched 20 - 30 AI only games and I've seen just one through ball goal. There is no central play again!!!

And that's my fear. I know everybody hated those long balls over the top, but at least they were providing 'some' variety that was missing in ME 19, without which the ME was basically a cross, cross, set pieces, cross, set piece simulator. I am curious to see the majority's opinion on this. Too bad I can't see it myself with my FM Touch version :(

2 games played and like this ALOT more then the last ME. I had two one on ones in my last game one for my team both scored and also some nice through ball goals scored. My opponent Bristol city scored a really pretty goal!

Penalties are tough as the sample size will always be small even in 10+ games... but - 3 games played - 2 penalties (one for me, one against) - both saved by the keeper.  Sliding tackles seem to be more common - but need to play more games.

First impression generally - defending still not the best, different - I feel like I'm more open with the same tactic.  Ratings for my full backs seem to be lower in first 3 games - wingers seem to be beating them easier - both against my team and with my wingers vs the oppo.  Pressing feels even more overpowered, particularly for better teams - barely got a kick against a high press team (26% possession).  The action general feel feels more "arcadey".  Will feedback fully after a few more games - and again after a good test on the weekend - not sure right now - it's different, but not sure if it's good different atm...

8 minutes ago, Vault-Tec said:

Yeah but for doing so, I'll need testing it... If I keep a save before testing, will it be possible to return to my previous save and the previous ME ? I understand how to access to the public beta, but I'm not sure about this one.

In fact I think my greatest fear is to test the new ME, and beginning to lose all the games.

Yeah your save games will be fine.. you can download the new public beta, try a new save game, if you don't like it.. you can opt back out and re-download the stable full version no problem and carry on with your save game...

I'm not sure if it's my imagination or what but, the game seems a bit jerky to me in the beta. Like if a ball is kicked long it seems to speed up then slow down then speed back up, the same for players running. It's very subtle. may be the framerate fluctuating?