Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

11 часов назад, Toonrock сказал:

Over 60,000 people playing is 60,000 people desperately trying to figure out a way to have their tactics "fit in" with the way bugs occur in the ME.

 

part of them using exploit tactics and their knowledge of football is so low that they even not see any issues of ME. This is not an insult or a negative in their direction.
I check how many downloads of this type of tactics happened in few famous resources - 5k-25k downloads for separate goodrated tactic.

Just a remark who use argumeent about 60k online as measure for something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A very strange thing I’ve found is that the ME on FM online seems to be different to the ME on normal career mode?

There are chances and goal scoring opportunities that simply will NOT happen online but happen all the time on career mode. This is with players of lesser ability too scoring from angles and creating chances that higher level players on an online ME can’t do. 
 

This online save was made before the last patch so I have a theory that the online saves do not update unless they are created after a patch but I’m not sure if that theory holds any weight. Just find it very strange how different the ME is for me and my friends offline. All say the same thing, especially 1on1s 

 

online save chances conversion rate with top team: 6%
career mode save chances conversion rate with 4-8th place level team: 19% 

It’s a huge difference. Anyone experiencing this? 

Edited by Cursedyou
Additional info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

The game has been out for less than two months. 'Almost half of that period' may be a 'slight' exaggeration. :) 

is it though? 

Based on the current dev responses, it seems like a true fix can only be expected in the march update, which is actually 5 months after release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

is it though? 

Based on the current dev responses, it seems like a true fix can only be expected in the march update, which is actually 5 months after release.

That's not been whats said at all. Please stop spreading misinformation

To quote:

Quote

We are working towards an update with the aim of improving the experience of FM, be that through gameplay, performance or match. We hope to do this as soon as we're able to, but given the complexities of certain areas of the game this isn't something we can rush. We don't want to come out and say 'we will release an update on x date' then our Dev or QA team finds an issue which prevents us from meeting that deadline. As always, as soon as we're in a position to update the game we will do so.

 Clearly no date has been set in either direction. Given this has now been repeated several times, we'd have to assume that beyond this point people are deliberately spreading misinformation. Please don't do that, it will only get you in trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Mr U Rosler said:

All the '60,000' users proves is there is a massive appetite for a Football Management game, and currently there is only 1 game in town.

I'm one of the 60,000, doesn't mean i love this version of the game, it just means i don't have any choice other than to stop playing (which is not a choice!). 

I mean, it is a choice. As I've learnt before with tabletop roleplaying, it's often better to not be in any game group playing a campaign than it is to be playing in a bad one that causes stress or aggravation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, there are loads of football management simulations, it's just that most of the others are pretty basic and not that good....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Novem9 said:

part of them using exploit tactics and their knowledge of football is so low that they even not see any issues of ME. This is not an insult or a negative in their direction.
I check how many downloads of this type of tactics happened in few famous resources - 5k-25k downloads for separate goodrated tactic.

Just a remark who use argumeent about 60k online as measure for something

Thats what  I think, this version is a plug and play one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Novem9 said:

part of them using exploit tactics and their knowledge of football is so low that they even not see any issues of ME. This is not an insult or a negative in their direction.
I check how many downloads of this type of tactics happened in few famous resources - 5k-25k downloads for separate goodrated tactic.

Just a remark who use argumeent about 60k online as measure for something

Steam workshop shows top tactics:

1. 30,686     Current Subscribers
2. 18,222    
3. 12,898    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

Semantics. The outcome is the same. Humans make errors, computers don't, therefore VAR in FM20 won't change decisions, it's quite easy to understand.

Not semantics and don't be patronizing. You say it yourself: humans make errors, computers don't. So sometimes, when the human didn't make an error and VAR does a check, it confirms the prior result. Sometimes, the human made an error and VAR does a check and changes the prior result. It seems however that in FM20 it is always the same end result: the referee made an error and it is overruled by VAR. If this is the case in FM20 that every time the VAR does a check it overrules the referee's decision, then there is no variability in the VAR events in the game, while IRL there is variability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Steam workshop shows top tactics:

1. 30,686     Current Subscribers
2. 18,222    
3. 12,898    

Bear in mind when we talk about that 60k number, that's players at the same time. The numbers of players per day or week is significantly higher, but not available via Steam stats publicly. Miles often tweets out random FM related stats, so his account is worth following if you're interested in that type of thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pasonen said:

The logic to shoot near post with a stronger right foot. When far corner is wide open for the better leg. :D 

He can't hit a barn door to save his life. Thank you for the laughs and i know how it feels when it happens to me ( way too often ) , but I got used to it.

 ( reply was meant for Nick_CB )

Edited by andu1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Cross it! Cross it! Omg ... cross the bloody ball!”

Me. Every. Game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With no update in sight on the short term, i made an extended visit to the tactics forum to see if I can improve my 4-4-2 without thinking too much at the flaws of the ME. Not surprisingly, there are many useful threads which helped me make a more balanced tactic and somewhat enjoy the game once again.

I discovered that using "counter press" is a magnet of inviting the opposition to make through balls over your defence. If in FM 19 counter-press was a must have, in FM 20 I genuinely will not touch that instruction unless i manage the best team in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 11 Minuten schrieb sidslayer:

“Cross it! Cross it! Omg ... cross the bloody ball!”

Me. Every. Game.

And the game answers: "no i won't! No i won't! Hell no - i surely won't!" :-)

Another user summarised the problems yesterday very well:

We've strikers who can't score, defenders who can't defend and wingers who can't cross.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sisamom said:

And the game answers: "no i won't! No i won't! Hell no - i surely won't!" :-)

Another user summarised the problems yesterday very well:

We've strikers who can't score, defenders who can't defend and wingers who can't cross.

but we do have keepers who can keep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

Not semantics and don't be patronizing. You say it yourself: humans make errors, computers don't. So sometimes, when the human didn't make an error and VAR does a check, it confirms the prior result. Sometimes, the human made an error and VAR does a check and changes the prior result. It seems however that in FM20 it is always the same end result: the referee made an error and it is overruled by VAR. If this is the case in FM20 that every time the VAR does a check it overrules the referee's decision, then there is no variability in the VAR events in the game, while IRL there is variability.

That's what I said. FM20 = Computer game therefore VAR is just cosmetic. Again, quite easy to read in my first comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sharkn20 said:

That's what I said. FM20 = Computer game therefore VAR is just cosmetic. Again, quite easy to read in my first comment.

basically you are saying FM20 doesn't strive to simulate realism. I was of the idea FM20 does strive to simulate real football...

And BTW, the VAR isn't always making the right decision either...

Edited by DJ Sir Matthew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VAR is one those things that, I suppose, has to be represented in FM because it's part of the real game, but in reality it's another of many aspects of football that doesn't really translate into the computer game environment very well.

I'm more concerned about goal line technology than VAR - I mean, what's with the utterly useless camera angle that doesn't really show the relationship between ball and line properly?  It was far better before - just another needless regressive change.

 

Edited by rp1966

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

basically you are saying FM20 doesn't strive to simulate realism. I was of the idea FM20 does strive to simulate real football...

And BTW, the VAR isn't always making the right decision either...

Not gonna go on and on and on with this. I did explain already why VAR always confirms the play under review in FM20. Take care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't seem to get the concept of VAR or goal line technology . If neither was present does not the Game / Computer define what was a goal of not . Surely the game did not make mistakes in the past Series ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the real world you rarely hear about Messi being linked with a move elsewhere, there was a little talk of English commentators made a story about him finishing his on pitch time in England. but not club is actively linked to a rumor with the player.

 

Neymar wasn't on PSG public shopping list and it wasn't pressure from PSG that made him move.

 

Bale even when pushed out of the club, seem to have trouble generating interest.

 

So why is my league and Champions League winning Barcelona team struggling with most of the first team being wanted by others?

 

Unless some of these players pull a Neymar, because I'm not playing them enough or they got "old" and want a new challenge, I just don't see why I'm under any kind of pressure to sell the player at all. Not to mention dealing with million press conferences and stuff about players being wanted is getting fing annoying.

 

It's a computer it can do the same damn thing a trillion times, I as a human being is not really able to deal with it, so tone it down already. 

 

I just had Benifica trying to buy a first team player, so I negotiated the bid to the release clause and the damn game just ignored it and spammed me with bids. At least respect the fing asking price to turn off bids.

Edited by Miravlix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 42 Minuten schrieb He can't believe he's missed it:

but we do have keepers who can keep

Yes they can!

Even in the lowest league every team has a better version of Alisson Becker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, prot651 said:

I don't seem to get the concept of VAR or goal line technology . If neither was present does not the Game / Computer define what was a goal of not . Surely the game did not make mistakes in the past Series ?

On goal line technology - in previous editions where it existed, it mostly came up for goals disallowed having not fully crossed the line; very occasionally it gave the goals - the balance was such that when I got my first goal allowed it was such a shock that I'd already assumed it had been disallowed.  I don't think GLT's implementation in FM (with an appropriate camera angle) is too bad, as normally it comes up in an ambiguous situation.

It main problem used to be that if the ball got cleared on the line and then tapped in by a player following up (not a problem in FM20, because the follow-up is going to be saved by a teleporting goalie anyway)  you got a GLT animation after the real goal had gone in and it got quite confusing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

On goal line technology - in previous editions where it existed, it mostly came up for goals disallowed having not fully crossed the line; very occasionally it gave the goals - the balance was such that when I got my first goal allowed it was such a shock that I'd already assumed it had been disallowed.  I don't think GLT's implementation in FM (with an appropriate camera angle) is too bad, as normally it comes up in an ambiguous situation.

It main problem used to be that if the ball got cleared on the line and then tapped in by a player following up (not a problem in FM20, because the follow-up is going to be saved by a teleporting goalie anyway)  you got a GLT animation after the real goal had gone in and it got quite confusing.

In FM17 Var wasn't not present so did not the Game / Computer define what was a goal of not anyway is my question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, prot651 said:

In FM17 Var wasn't not present so did not the Game / Computer define what was a goal of not anyway is my question

The game always knows internally whether it's a goal or not. The point of GLT/VAR being represented in game is that these things exist in the real game because IRL referees make mistakes and the technology has been introduced to  (in theory) reduce that. 

For FM it's just a cosmetic thing that's meant to increase immersion - I think for GLT it does that; VAR is a bit too vague and human-judgement based to translate, in my opinion.

EDIT:  I also think that both are pretty pointless in highlights modes below comprehensive. 

Edited by rp1966

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just a quick question, can someone please tell me where is the column for Agreed playing time?

say you have the contract view in the squad and I wanna add the said column. Can't seem to find it in the dropdowns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Threadstarter said:

just a quick question, can someone please tell me where is the column for Agreed playing time?

say you have the contract view in the squad and I wanna add the said column. Can't seem to find it in the dropdowns.

Insert column - Transfer

Edited by craigcwwe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/01/2020 at 14:18, SuperRedditch said:

FM 2019 - Patch 19.3.0 - March 1st 2019

FM 2018 - Patch 18.3.0 - March 1st 2018

FM 2017 - Patch 17.3.0 - March 1st 2017

FM 2016 - Patch 16.3.0 - March 4th 2016

FM 2015 - Patch 15.3.0 - February 25th 2015

FM 2014 - Patch 14.3.0 - February 28th 2014

I'm not going further back than that. Anyone expecting a patch anytime soon is going to be extremely disappointed. The next patch will be 20.3.0 for the Winter Transfer Update and will include any ME tweaks that SI have been working on. First week of March is a good estimate. That's the history, those are the facts. They aren't going to release a patch mid-January when most of the transfers haven't even happened yet. Besides, it's another 6 weeks they get to work on the ME and oh boy does it need it.

 

 

Btw, I think final patches of last four editions of the game didn't feature relevant ME changes despite reported and acknowledged issues (e.g. lack of central play and strikers movement in FM 19), because of complexity and balance of ME itself and potential knock-on effects. Just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andu1 said:

With no update in sight on the short term, i made an extended visit to the tactics forum to see if I can improve my 4-4-2 without thinking too much at the flaws of the ME. Not surprisingly, there are many useful threads which helped me make a more balanced tactic and somewhat enjoy the game once again.

I discovered that using "counter press" is a magnet of inviting the opposition to make through balls over your defence. If in FM 19 counter-press was a must have, in FM 20 I genuinely will not touch that instruction unless i manage the best team in game.

I agree, without asking my own questions, I've read some useful advices, and seeing some of it worked reduces my frustration against the ME.

Also, I tend to watch matches for a longer time (the setting was "key moments", now I use "extended" or "comprehensive"), which helped me to have a better understanding of some sights of the ME.

Not perfect but enjoyable, I even have a decrease number of 1 vs 1 and long balls yesterday. Of course it's maybe a coincidence, but I almost believed that a patch has been downloaded without I noticed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SuperRedditch @kandersson Probably for the best to just not post rather than take potshots at each other with off the cuff remarks. 

I've removed your posts. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Make a copy of your save game before going to the public beta. 

Honestly, do this people. As the public beta says, it is still a work in progress, and if an issue crops up that breaks your save, you don't want to be stuck with no prior non-beta save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agora, StevehFC disse:

Um em um ainda está quebrado por mim. 

How can you have this conclusion in such a short time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Honestly, do this people. As the public beta says, it is still a work in progress, and if an issue crops up that breaks your save, you don't want to be stuck with no prior non-beta save.

Have to say this would be extremely unlikely given the changes included in this version, but yes, always worth backing up just in case as it says in the instructions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nick_CB said:

How can you have this conclusion in such a short time?

Using the public data and played one game so far. 

I'll keep checking it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Intensity Meter is now fixed in the beta patch. Previously,  the meter didn't register the changes under Pressing Intensity so it didn't make a difference if you didn't press or maximum press. Thanks SI

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pleased to hear the launch of the Football Manager 2020 Public Beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some times it's better to have a new save to find differences types given lot of changes happen. How much of download size is the current patch ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 2 Minuten schrieb StevehFC:

Using the public data and played one game so far. 

I'll keep checking it out. 

After one Match , you call it "Still broken" ?

ca808d71a7bd34fa3fda2e47ca38db22f3de32d1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To add to my post above, these however don't affect the intensity at all. Should it?

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...