Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

vor 29 Minuten schrieb eye-switcher:

Fati scored 3 one on One´s in the same game, i dont know what happened. I havent touched my tactic, so i Went here to see if there was a fix released but it hasnt. Its all very strange.

I suspect that they might have sneaked out a fix in secrecy :)  .

I had the same with Haland - one time.

The next ten games - zero

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor einer Stunde schrieb eye-switcher:

Fati scored 3 one on One´s in the same game, i dont know what happened. I havent touched my tactic, so i Went here to see if there was a fix released but it hasnt. Its all very strange.

I suspect that they might have sneaked out a fix in secrecy :)  .

plea missed like 20 in the first ten games, the result was i got sacked and he had only 1 goal at the league. And that was only plea...

im really sad how SI is handling this. i want info if i can touch the game for the next 2 months or not. And do not tell me they cant say anything about it. They know if they can release a patch soon or not. This behavior is just not fair to us who bought the game at the release.

btw. at my other save bayern finished the league at position 6 and lewandowski only shot 14 goals. Immersion is totally gone with such things.

Edited by KiLLu12258

1 hour ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Clear cut chances are completely broken in this game, I just had 9 and all of them saved, I could accept this happening one in a million

Actually, going by FM's forever ill-fated CCC conversion (lon-term average) in the 60ish range, the actual probability of it occuring is 1 in roughly 4,000. :P If they're lesser /more difficult ones than the average considered by the game -- going by what real-life football analysis considers a big chance (~20% chances), it could actually be up to a 1 in 7 chance, illustrating just one of the many problems with this forever rotten stat. In either case, the frequency is suspect from the off; but none of which would be quite akin to winning the lottery. As the game doesn't display better numbers HOW big a Chance it considers a Chance, we cannot more accurately estimate. 

edit: Unless this were 9 all literally saved rather than saved+missed, in which case the match may actually worthy of a bug report in itself.

Edited by Svenc

50 minutes ago, Toonrock said:

- But as a wise man once said; "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result"...

Couldn't that also be the equivalent to "Practice makes perfect"?  In order to get better results you have to do the same thing over and over again?!

I try to avoid the car analogy but in this case i would argue that it's more like "There's a possible but likely issue with the antenna on the car. Some frequencies might be a bit wonky.
It might take us a while before we find the right antenna as this one is specially made for this type of car. It's annoying but it still works and we'll get it to you as soon as we have it".
or
"We discovered there might be an issue with the reception on some channels on this TV. It works but some channels might be a bit iffy due to a faulty internal component which may interfere with the signal. We will order the right component and then come to install it. Unfortunately we can't give you an ETA because we have to make sure we've identified the right component first. But you'll hear from us as soon as we know more.

That's kind of my take it on it.
Don't know why i have this fixation on channels :D

11 minutes ago, Bobek said:

Amico, se avremo la patch prima di marzo, sarò sorpreso

the game is too limited by some bugs such as 1vs 1. I believe that in the end we are customers who buy their product should be a priority for them to try to accommodate our requests also because it is a request of many people the solution of the problem with a patch.

Fundamentally i like good Patches in favor over timely Patches as especially in Software Development the side effects can Snowball out of scope if not enough time is given.

Still i would not have the done the lates ME update and simply lived with a polarizing ME instead of a boring one but that is the decision of SI and they have to live with the consequences aswell as the Players must do.

Yet SI has nobody to argue with (aside mabe the decisionsmakers and evangelists) - again Quality over Quantity is my favour in this task for a better ME.

And also/again the lesson is do not buy FM until Spring...

1 hour ago, SuperRedditch said:

I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship with this year's FM. I keep playing it until I get overly frustrated with the ME only to pick it back up within a day. I love everything about the game other than the actual matches - dynamics, training, development centre, club vision - it's all fantastic. I'm so invested in my save and my team, but this ME man.....

I'm like this too, my way of dealing with it is not to take part in matches. Like, don't watch them, either instant result, or change highlights to goals only, or just wander off for a cup of tea or alt-tab and not watch the matches. And still enjoy the rest of the FM experience without having that come-down of the ME.

16 minutes ago, CaptainPlanet said:

I'm like this too, my way of dealing with it is not to take part in matches. Like, don't watch them, either instant result, or change highlights to goals only, or just wander off for a cup of tea or alt-tab and not watch the matches. And still enjoy the rest of the FM experience without having that come-down of the ME.

This is what I do. I check back every now and then to make changes. It has actually helped my enjoyment 

7 dakika önce, IrrelevantLion said:

This is what I do. I check back every now and then to make changes. It has actually helped my enjoyment 

But what if I enjoy the tactical side of the game?

This is what I do: I check back every now and then to see if there is a patch...

In my simple 4-3-3, I have one W (a) and one IW (a), and a DLF (S) at the top. If I do not use a AP in my center mid, the wingers try to dribble every ball they get, and they end up with stats like 6 pass attempts and 10 crosses in 90 minutes. That's madness. If I use an AP, he becomes a ball magnet and the wingers keep playing the ball to him, ending up with 30-40 pass attempts. Such a big difference, but should it be that effective? The problem is with the default 'dribble more' instruction being too strong/effective, it just gets overridden when I use an AP. Extremes at both ends.

13 minutes ago, silver4life said:

Can you please give us a good game then Kirariuk hasn’t have to use the large font ;-)

1) As you can see, I'm not a staff member, so I'm not involved with that.  

2) If you could try to contribute without smart comments to what is a reasonable request to make it easier to read through the thread, that would be appreciated.

I'm not sure I agree with all the calls for regular ME updates to be shoved out in the public beta etc

It implies that there's fixes in place but it's being held back for some reason, I don't see what SI would have to gain by holding that back. It seems much more likely that the ME is a monster that's grown out of control and nobody knows how to tame it.

3 hours ago, roykela said:

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result".

Couldn't that also be the equivalent to "Practice makes perfect"?  In order to get better results you have to do the same thing over and over again?

It´s rather a question of not continuely making mistakes, that you should have learned from in the first place.

Had the SI-project been run by a certain Steve Jobs, I wouldn´t quite expect him to be in a joyful mood at the personnel mettings by now... Oh, and that´s talking about Second Year-production - ...We´re now 16 versions of FM in :)

Edited by Toonrock

2 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

1) As you can see, I'm not a staff member, so I'm not involved with that.  

2) If you could try to contribute without smart comments to what is a reasonable request to make it easier to read through the thread, that would be appreciated.

I did contribute on this community when the beta was out. I’ve write a bug but never get a message back. 

But I was one of the first persons who bought this game, and still can’t play the game. So where is the respect for the buyer? 

on serieus questions like in which week is the patch there (not even asking for a day) I don’t get any answer like a lot of people with the same question. But when I say something , smart’ what is mean as a joke then I get a response. Staff or not moderator are you for Sigames. 

and this is the feedback thread so mine opinion is that this is the very worst version of FM ever! That’s my contribute. 

Am 13.1.2020 um 11:24 schrieb Neil Brock:

Before Christmas we stated there were a number of areas within the match engine which were on the radar for us to look at - https://community.sigames.com/topic/508768-match-engine-info-and-holiday-plans/

In this thread last week I posted:

We are working towards an update with the aim of improving the experience of FM, be that through gameplay, performance or match. We hope to do this as soon as we're able to, but given the complexities of certain areas of the game this isn't something we can rush. We don't want to come out and say 'we will release an update on x date' then our Dev or QA team finds an issue which prevents us from meeting that deadline. As always, as soon as we're in a position to update the game we will do so. 

Thanks. 

@silver4life

6 hours ago, SuperRedditch said:

I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship with this year's FM. I keep playing it until I get overly frustrated with the ME only to pick it back up within a day. I love everything about the game other than the actual matches - dynamics, training, development centre, club vision - it's all fantastic. I'm so invested in my save and my team, but this ME man.....

Everything that needs to be said about the ME has already been said countless times by others. I really hope SI have been working on their next-gen ME because I strongly feel that the current one has had its day. For now, I'm uninstalling until there's a patch and for the first time in forever I will not be pre-ordering the next FM.

FWIW, I just missed 13 one-on-ones in one match. That's the straw that broke the camel's back.

I feel the same. I’ve bought the game at or before purchase day for about 20 years, and couldn’t believe people that said they wouldn’t buy it till the final patch. That will be me from now on.

I am finding the game very easy at the moment, which makes me curious, since there is no difficulty setting in FM, how is it that with some ME builds the game becomes a walk in the park? It is not your tactics really, because you overachieve whichever setup you use. I mean ok, in every version of FM it is inevitable that you keep strengthening your squad in a rate that AI can't keep up with, and eventually you dominate. But there is typically at least some challenge for a while before you get there (and if you try to have more realism you can impose some self restriction rules, such as only going after players that your scouting team brings in, vs. manually scouting every newgen in the world each year to exploit the weaknesses of AI) and there is only so much you can achieve with lesser players. Not in some versions, including this years'. 

What is happening, what is causing this? We know that there is no difficulty setting, a  gauge that SI adjusts. Does it happen because a new version of the ME comes with new features that AI doesn't know how to use, which gives the human player a massive edge? Is there a bug in AI team talks that keeps screwing things up without us knowing?

Edited by bleventozturk

7 hours ago, yandex said:

Is his and your team's morale superb?

The conversion rate definitely goes up some when that is the case, but it still remains fairly abysmal.

I have noticed something similiar today. One of my strikers have scored 5 goals in his last 2 games now including 3 one on ones and his morale was also very high while doing it.

in his previous 27 matches he had scored 8 goals and missing a TON of one on ones!

One of his goals also were my first squared goal in fm20 😀

16 minutes ago, emil_sbn said:

I have noticed something similiar today. One of my strikers have scored 5 goals in his last 2 games now including 3 one on ones and his morale was also very high while doing it.

in his previous 27 matches he had scored 8 goals and missing a TON of one on ones!

One of his goals also were my first squared goal in fm20 😀

Morale has always been a huge deal in FM. Some people refer to it as Morale Manager.

Edited by Tiger666

17 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

I've noticed that it seems to be a bigger factor this year in comparison to recent versions. 

That may explain how so many people vastly overachieve in this version, which may be the answer to my question above. Yes, there is no difficulty setting in FM, but if there is a part in the ME code that determines the effect of morale/confidence, maybe sometimes SI just can't get it right to produce realistic achievements.

Edited by bleventozturk

36 minutes ago, bleventozturk said:

True, and not just the morale coming into the match, but the trend of morale/confidence during the match. 

I always keep morale high but seeing pathetic shooting with Messi.

It's just a dum match engine this year.

Need a million shots and when you finally score the moments gone and just tried of the game.

Edited by Rockywhu

Just now, Rockywhu said:

I always keep morale high but seeing pathetic shooting with Messi.

It's just a dum match engine this year.

Need a million shots and when you finally score the moments gone and just tried of the game.

...And yet all you will hear from SI is about the commercial success and concurrent players. Patch/hotfix the ME please already!!

44 minutes ago, bleventozturk said:

True, and not just the morale coming into the match, but the trend of morale/confidence during the match. 

Yes. I've discovered the importance of shouts.

Also after a bad defeat I recommend starting with a defensive formation in the next game, even if you're playing against a weaker team, and then slowly re-introducing an attacking formation during the next match.

It helps take the edge of it. 

I had a really bad defeat away to Bologna. Probably the worst I've seen my team play in the game. They absolutely hammered me creating 25 shots or something. I let my players have it after the game and in the next game I was playing relegation threatened Brescia at home. Thinking that my players might be still raw I started with a defensive 451 and then slowly made my team more attacking as the game progressed. I won 2:0. I have no idea if it was because of my approach but a win is a win.

This is something like my 6th attempt at starting a career with Milan all of which have come undone when I got frustrated and re-started games. I've noticed my seasons always come undone in January when my team suddenly stops scoring goals. So this is another reason why I've taken this approach and it's my best January so far.

Theres so many good parts of the game, scouting etc is spot on etc, a couple of little things like im middlesbrough and i travel home from newcastle the day after the match, was the same last year with celtic travelling the next day home from local games. Its annoyingly unrealistic. Which is a shame because for me the rest of the game is very realistic. But my main moan and ive tried not to come on here with it because its everywhere on here is the match engine, im simply getting to the point where i cant watch strikers smashing the ball off keepers anymore on a one on one situation umpteen times a game, add to this the wingers refusing to cross when theres better options in the box with a tap in, choosing to hammer the ball into the side netting instead, its driving me to distraction!  its getting to the time for me to stop blindly buying the game on release after this one, which is a shame for me as ive had every game since the amiga days

its mid january and still the match engine plays like this!

Edited by southside

This ME is one of the worst attempts I’ve seen at replicating football in a game and that’s quite an achievement.

I have awful defenders with awful passing and vision consistently pinging pirlo like long passes to attackers with awful first touch who instantly control it like prime Zidane.

Stats seem to be irrelevant.

The amount of one on ones are a joke. The finishing from one on ones are a joke.

A truly unbalanced comical mess.

The customers pain is that as the time passes the less time Dev's can focus on 2020 as they had to shift the focus to FM 2021 again. March Winter Patch is the probable Dead line for it. So i can understand displeasure given the state of things that if the Winter patch doesn't make it better then 20 might not get any more updates to fix it. Why not using Public beta to test what they are trying to achieve. Last year i believe SI did used it extensively to improve FM 19. 

Edited by ferrarinseb

I can't control B team rest schedule or rest players from the right click menu on their names.

Going into Staff and then clicking on the link to the u19 team at the bottom of the page does nothing and while the B team link works, it's manager is locked into to be handled by the Chairman that don't hire one and if I try to place adverts for any position on the B team I don't get a inbox message and I never get the applicants, the B team has open spots for Loan manager and Technical Director, but when I try to negotiate contracts the positions is not in the list.

It also seems that something is wrong with the dev center's ability to see the B team players, right now the team has quite a few La Liga 1 players, even one leading La Liga 1 striker on the team, but the dev center give the team an average rating and none of the high star rating players is being mentioned in the list.

The only part of the dev center that can see the B players is the "need attention" one, it can see that one of the players on the team is doing badly (long term injury).

The game also keep telling me to move all the u19 GK to the B team, even the 3 or less blue star GK's.

If I move an u19 player to the B team and try to make them available for the u19 that doesn't work. They get marked as being available, but the u19 team never use them.

Edited by Miravlix