Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

9 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Loving the match engine this year. One of the big improvements for me is unlike most of FM19, I've finally got a centre forward that scores goals. In fact, I've not had this good a striker at any level since about FM15. 

KyleMcf.thumb.PNG.42dd00ce4c61d65bdd916bbf6ff31968.PNG

I remember that lad, a former Blues kid? Glad you're getting the best from him 

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, BigV said:

Can we still report bugs and pkm's for the demo? about to smash a few hours of it now and just wondering or is it useful only to the full release. 

I guess so, it's the same ME

I just spent half hour writing a report up & the game crashed, lost two matches to  boot :seagull:

1 minute ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Pressing and Complete both doing the same. just sitting there watching the world go by while my wide players shoot into the side netting from acute angles

Might just be a problem on your end though, my striker scored 15 in 30 games so far during my first year in the Belgian first division and has currently propelled me to 5th place. He also has 3 assists which makes him directly involved in 18/41 goals this season. I'd say that's pretty good (considering he's an 18 year old I bought from a D2 team that got relegated, where he didn't even play that year). 

20191119225955_1.jpg

20191119225939_1.jpg

15 minutes ago, The Threadstarter said:

when I started unemployed and checked licenses needed via leagues it said none for BPL and Ligue 1. I do have the name fix but not sure if this is related.

does anyone else get that when starting, choosing english or french leagues ?

It's certainly a thing in other leagues, being looked at: 

28 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Loving the match engine this year. One of the big improvements for me is unlike most of FM19, I've finally got a centre forward that scores goals. In fact, I've not had this good a striker at any level since about FM15. 

KyleMcf.thumb.PNG.42dd00ce4c61d65bdd916bbf6ff31968.PNG

Good to see it is possible. Makes me hungry to find out why any striker I play, in any role, in any system, just ghosts through most games without having so much as a shot. 

What system are you playing to provide him with chances? I find in a lone striker system they just don't get passed to through the middle, and crosses bypass them to get smashed in by just about everyone else.

Can anyone explain the message in this news item? Baffling. They are saying they will further decrease the percentage of available transfer revenue when I receive £29m in fees? In League 1?

image.thumb.png.7b80481c5961ed90c3656738cb9185f8.png

Edited by rdbayly

1 minute ago, rdbayly said:

Good to see it is possible. Makes me hungry to find out why any striker I play, in any role, in any system, just ghosts through most games without having so much as a shot. 

What system are you playing to provide him with chances? I find in a lone striker system they just don't get passed to through the middle, and crosses bypass them to get smashed in by just about everyone else.

Straightforward 4-2-3-1, with him as a lone striker on AF-A. He bullies the opposition defenders brilliantly, so most of his goals are from 1 v 1s, but he also scores a few headers too. His personality is 'resolute' , which helps, as he's always engaged in the game. And he's got 'fairly consistent' in his report. He's the perfect striker for the lower leagues really. 

Managing Sunderland. Go to sign Alan Hutton on a free, only to get Chris Maguire telling me hes raging about is as he "cannot stand" Hutton, and demands to leave when I say we'll be signing Hutton anyway.

First time I've ever had that, and I'm loving it :lol: keeping both together just to see what happens.

4 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Can anyone explain the message in this news item? Baffling. They are saying they will further decrease the percentage of available transfer revenue when I receive £29m in fees? In League 1?

I think they say sales. So they want you to sell players to reduce the wage bill. But 29million for league 1: good luck with that might take a season or two. Ah your talking about the 60% to go down to 30% I see. That makes no sense.

Edited by Kazza

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Managing Sunderland. Go to sign Alan Hutton on a free, only to get Chris Maguire telling me hes raging about is as he "cannot stand" Hutton, and demands to leave when I say we'll be signing Hutton anyway.

First time I've ever had that, and I'm loving it :lol: keeping both together just to see what happens.

:lol: I love Chris Maguire. 

2 minutes ago, Kazza said:

I think they say sales. So they want you to sell players to reduce the wage bill. But 29million for league 1: good luck with that might take a season or two

So when I achieve the remarkable feat of raking in £29m (more than the value of the club), I will be rewarded with further sanctions from them :lol:

3 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

So when I achieve the remarkable feat of raking in £29m (more than the value of the club), I will be rewarded with further sanctions from them :lol:

Just guessing but maybe if and when the board get that amount of money, they intend to use it to reduce the debt or pay off a loan, so less will be available for transfers?

15 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Just to add:

Isn't it delightful that we are back to actually discussing the game and giving feedback without the noise of gnashing of teeth and dummies being hurled at the walls.:D

Personally I thought the first 13 pages of this year's feedback thread were absolutely glorious. The meltdowns for an issue that was fixed in under a day was a joy to behold. I'd like SI to troll the users again next year for similar belly laughs. :lol:

19 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Just guessing but maybe if and when the board get that amount of money, they intend to use it to reduce the debt or pay off a loan, so less will be available for transfers?

The club has no debt:

image.thumb.png.d8af2436e02998e43b0c314e4d626bf9.png

31 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

I have something similar at Altrincham. It says the money from transfers will decrease to 30% once I achieve a turnover of £2million. 

Two theories. 

1. By bringing in high revenues, the board maybe feel you don't need as much transfer budget to achieve your goals. 

2. It's a bug. 

Given I'm unlikely to generate £2m revenue at VNN level, it's not something I'm overly concerned with, but it's weird nonetheless. 

4 minutes ago, FrazT said:

If you went through what the Mod team had to put up with yesterday, you might understand.  Just trying to revert to some sort of normality:)

I have to agree with RandomGuy, since your post actually made me cringe. Not that I don't respect what you're doing, but sometimes even you should think a bit longer before clicking Submit.

And sorry for going completely offtopic, but at least I didn't start this.

2 minutes ago, Mikke said:

I have to agree with RandomGuy, since your post actually made me cringe. Not that I don't respect what you're doing, but sometimes even you should think a bit longer before clicking Submit.

And sorry for going completely offtopic, but at least I didn't start this.

I will bear your comments in mind in the future

vor 27 Minuten schrieb Dagenham_Dave:

I have something similar at Altrincham. It says the money from transfers will decrease to 30% once I achieve a turnover of £2million. 

Two theories. 

1. By bringing in high revenues, the board maybe feel you don't need as much transfer budget to achieve your goals. 

2. It's a bug. 

Given I'm unlikely to generate £2m revenue at VNN level, it's not something I'm overly concerned with, but it's weird nonetheless. 

I read in the Bugs forum that it is intended, it basically just means that if you generated X amount of funds from transfers, the board will use the money otherwise because they think your transfer budget is already high enough, which somehow makes sense to me. 

I also thought this is a bug, though:)

44 minutes ago, FrazT said:

If you went through what the Mod team had to put up with yesterday, you might understand.  Just trying to revert to some sort of normality:)

A lot of people have been hyped for this game for months, then it was released in a state that meant that, some of them, couldn't start a long term save in the lower tiers. 

It can't have been easy for you and the SI staff, but there's no need to mock those who were simply frustrated that a released game wasn't playable. Not everyone who showed unhappiness yesterday were trolls.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

A lot of people have been hyped for this game for months, then it was released in a state that meant that, some of them, couldn't start a long term save in the lower tiers. 

It can't have been easy for you and the SI staff, but there's no need to mock those who were simply frustrated that a released game wasn't playable. Not everyone who showed unhappiness yesterday were trolls.

OK- fine- you have made your point, so lets move on

By the way, anyone managing in the Vanarama North/South this year are in for a treat in season 2. The league is being expanded to 24 teams, therefore 46 league games, and still only ONE automatic promotion place. Brutal. It leads to situations like this. 

VNN.thumb.PNG.c8beecbf49905b6216fc9102c50a33af.PNG

96 points, and still not enough to go up. Might still go up via playoffs, but my playoff record on FMs over the years has been awful. Doing a journeyman save  and had a 3 year plan to get Altrincham to League 2 before I left, but I may well resign if we make a mess of the playoffs. I don't think I could go through another 46 game season in the bottom league. 

4 minutes ago, FrazT said:

There are never specific times publicised for update releases for many reasons, but you will find out pretty quickly on the forums.

Thanks. I just hoped as the main game has been fixed that the iOS one would be done at the same time, so I can start a long term save

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

By the way, anyone managing in the Vanarama North/South this year are in for a treat in season 2. The league is being expanded to 24 teams, therefore 46 league games, and still only ONE automatic promotion place. Brutal. It leads to situations like this. 

VNN.thumb.PNG.c8beecbf49905b6216fc9102c50a33af.PNG

96 points, and still not enough to go up. Might still go up via playoffs, but my playoff record on FMs over the years has been awful. Doing a journeyman save  and had a 3 year plan to get Altrincham to League 2 before I left, but I may well resign if we make a mess of the playoffs. I don't think I could go through another 46 game season in the bottom league. 

Did this in beta with Tonbridge. Missed out 1st place by just goal difference, believe it or not. Failed to get through in the promotion play off. That really hurt. 

12 minutes ago, Ras said:

If I start a new save now will any new patches work with it automatically with the game?  Trying to figure out if should start a long term game now or wait a bit longer for patch/update.

Current saves are usually compatible with all updates, except if you want to take advantage of major data changes.  I suspect that the next big data change will not be till March now, so you will be safe to start a new save,

5 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Current saves are usually compatible with all updates, except if you want to take advantage of major data changes.  I suspect that the next big data change will not be till March now, so you will be safe to start a new save,

Not so much the data but I was thinking more along the lines of some fixes, for example if the penalty issue is still there?  I wasn't sure if it was fixed as I haven't played the full game much cause was looking to dive in to a long term save, but if something like that is compatible and would automatically sync with a current save it should be fine to start is that right?