Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice the world class strikes from outside the box from lower league players have crept into the latest match engine again. Goals that Ronaldo would be proud of being scored by the Altrincham youth candidates team against our U18-s. I'm hoping that's not going to be a trend again, it was tiresome in the first beta build. 

52 minutes ago, Ras said:

How can I check to see if removing Brexit has worked?

You can't, but if you follow these steps in the editor and make sure you load the edit file on new game creation, it will 100% work.

2 minutes ago, Robioto said:

Of course it's a big deal. It may not be for you for some reason, but surely you can understand that it is a big deal to the vast majority of players to have 1000s of players with broken attributes in the database and a whole generation of broken young players until the newgens come through? 

So yes, to many, it is a big deal and it is game breaking.

Perhaps you should read a full thread before commenting on a post from an hour ago. I know exactly what the issue is.

And how exactly do you know it's a big deal to the vast majority? Just because it is for you doesn't mean it's the same for everyone.

Just now, brez22 said:

Players of that level do score brilliant goals, happens all the time and nearly every year the fifa goal of the year has a none league goal entry.  Unless its almost every goal i can't see how thats an issue. 

Can't agree more. The only difference with world class strikers is that they're not on the tellie. :)

1 minute ago, johnhughthom said:

Perhaps you should read a full thread before commenting on a post from an hour ago. I know exactly what the issue is.

And how exactly do you know it's a big deal to the vast majority? Just because it is for you doesn't mean it's the same for everyone.

much in the same you can't claim to know it's not a big deal to most people

1 minute ago, brez22 said:

Players of that level do score brilliant goals, happens all the time and nearly every year the fifa goal of the year has a none league goal entry.  Unless its almost every goal i can't see how thats an issue. 

Point. Missed. Spectacularly. 

1 minute ago, johnhughthom said:

Which I did..... where?

literally minutes ago

2 hours ago, fiorentina said:

In my first save on beta i had 34000 players in database.., after beta  update i had 28000 players in database with same settings. After realese today i still have 28000 players in database. Cant find Neri and Bartlet (trainers)  for exempel...What to do?

someone? Shoud i reinstall game or?

Just now, steviemay17 said:

literally minutes ago

I see your reading comprehension is on a par with Stevie May's recent goalscoring record.

It is appreciated that users are keen to voice their opinions on the game and sometimes frustrations can overflow.  Just be aware , however, that bickering and abusing other users is not on, so please think before hitting the submit button.

3 minutes ago, Robioto said:

Yeah, I read several posts of you playing it down and misunderstanding the impact on long term saves.

And ok, I can't speak for everyone or the majority, but I'm making the wild and baseless assumption that it's a big deal to most players who know about the issue...

I was trying to give people ideas to make the game playable, you also missed the part where I explained exactly what the issue was to somebody who actually was trying to play the issue down. So not sure how I misunderstand.

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, Fritz13 said:

Is the pre-game editor compatible for all saves including beta ones?

Do you mean the in-game editor? The pre-game editor can only be used before a save is started.

2 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Do you mean the in-game editor? The pre-game editor can only be used before a save is started.

Yes you know what I meant even though I’m spouting rubbish :thup:

yes the in-game editor - can it be added to beta saves?

Edited by Fritz13

8 minutes ago, Robioto said:

Yeah, I read several posts of you playing it down and misunderstanding the impact on long term saves.

And ok, I can't speak for everyone or the majority, but I'm making the wild and baseless assumption that it's a big deal to most players who know about the issue... and I think your post was worthy of being called out again.

1 hour ago, johnhughthom said:

Look at it this way. It only affects younger players who exist when the game starts, the players who come in from youth intakes are not affected, so there is going to be a tranche of players within a 5-6 year age group who are going to be at a disadvantage compared to the rest of the players.

Now, whenever this group of player are between the ages of 25 and 31 say, they are going to be the players at their peak, but are going to have a big downside that the AI doesn't understand, so a lot of this group will be first team players. The user can get around this by using older/younger players, or by taking only the few in the age group unaffected. This is going to give the user a huge advantage in this time period.

So, what did I misunderstand?

Just now, Chewy82* said:

When did the determination bug start? I started a game at the start of the beta and ive checked and the determination for youth players that are now 2 seasons in seem normal, will these players with "1" stats improve?

It appeared about half-way through the beta. I don't know if they deliberately changed something to do with these attributes that caused the issue or if a fix for another issue then caused the problem?

4 minutes ago, FrazT said:

It is appreciated that users are keen to voice their opinions on the game and sometimes frustrations can overflow.  Just be aware , however, that bickering and abusing other users is not on, so please think before hitting the submit button.

Sorry, missed this. I'm done now.:)

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, Fritz13 said:

Yes you know what I meant even though I’m spouting rubbish :thup:

yes the in-game editor - can it be add to beta saves?

Unless the option was selected to prevent it at game start (can be checked on 'FM > Game Status' page), I believe so yes.

1 minute ago, footballowen99 said:

It appeared about half-way through the beta. I don't know if they deliberately changed something to do with these attributes that caused the issue or if a fix for another issue then caused the problem?

Its damn fustrating tho, did a bolton save, but wanted to start a fresh so all the data changes are in my game, but and this means i cant start my new game on release.

53 minutes ago, jed300 said:

How do I go back to 20.1 and Match Engine v2016? Is it possible after downloading the full game?

I have played around 10 games now and the match engine has gone back to pre 2016 levels. Goal variation seems to have disappeared and wingers shooting from ridiculous angles has gone through the roof again.

I play this game for pure enjoyment so any advice on how I can go back to a match engine I enjoy would be great.

The last match engine was much worse for Goal Variations and Wingers shooting from Ridiculous angles 

There is a big chunk of the user base that has no clue this attribute issue exists, and have started a save oblivious to the problem.

I agree with the post earlier that made the point that a generation of players in the future of long-term saves will have fundamentally flawed personalities.

3 hours ago, waldywaldy said:

Determination bug really keeping me from starting a long term save

Developing youth players is where it's at for me when playing fm. I was really excited about the new Playing Time Pathway and Dev. Centre features, but two youth squads full of kids that implode at the mere thought of a setback makes it hard to retain that excitement.

Kind of a bummer to be honest

But if this get fixed, will it work in saves that already are in progress?

Edited by Llainen

Soon i have 1 i determination too ...is there anything i can do with this? In my first save on beta i had 34000 players in database.., after beta  update i had 28000 players in database with same settings. After realese today i still have 28000 players in database. Cant find Neri and Bartlet (trainers)  for exempel...What to do?

Seeing all these issues despite a later release date than most older versions has unfortunately reaffirmed the skeptical me when it was in beta.

Guys, everyone loves your work, but please take another week or maybe two next time and release a game that is completely fixed of these issues. 

I bet nobody here would be mad if the game was released later but with no problems like this. Now you only frustrate users and are hiding such a problem from the general public instead of communicating it to them. Ive not seen a single post outside of this forum and I'm sure many FM users aren't on this forum. 

Take your time, fix these problems in an extra week and everyone is happy 100% next year. This seems like a rushed product release and benefits no one. 

1 minute ago, Llainen said:

People who experience all the low attributes on youth players, are you continuing on your beta save or starting a new one? with me its fine and i am on my beta save.

In limbo, with bolton but want all the data change in my game so starting a fresh save, pointless continuing with my beta save now as ive decided to start a new one but cant start a new one with determination of "1"

It is not only determination but also the hidden stats of consistency and imp matches that are 1 for non fixed attribute players. Means any long term save is broken imo at present. I will have a play with matches and learn the game but wont start a long term save until fixed.

11 minutes ago, Llainen said:

People who experience all the low attributes on youth players, are you continuing on your beta save or starting a new one? with me its fine and i am on my beta save.

It's fine here too, presumably because I started the save before the issues actually occurred. No complaints though.

1 minute ago, emil_sbn said:

When did you start your saves then I started mine a couple of mins after beta release? So the DB are correct for some people then?

If I'm not mistaken, the issues started with the 20.1.0 update. I could be mistaken but I know my game dates from before that update and I don't seem to have the determination issue. At least not with my starting youngsters and considering I started with a second division team in Belgium, I'd be surprised if they had a set determination figure.