Sports Interactive Community
nine_iron

[FM20] [RELEASED] Lincs & Cambs 2020

Steam Workshop Download Link (v1.07)

Alternative Link (v1.06)

Logo Pack (v1.00)

Brexit is NOT Disabled. I am working on a fix for this now.

Going a different route this year, researched from scratch and compiled myself a google sheets ready for launch day!

Introducing the nation of the United Counties of Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire

The A1 will be well travelled in this nation with 84 teams from across Lincs, Hunts and Cambs.

luk0zmk.jpg                      image.thumb.png.0c84b1b65b15b4487a8b449e739a3924.png

Three playable leagues as usual and then an unplayable tier of teams to make up the FA cup numbers and feed the lowest playable.

NOTES:

- Graphics pack is on the way!

Known Errors: (fixed as of 12:30 03-JAN-2020)

- Young Player of the Year has wrong maximum age set

Suggested Modifications:

- Remove Brexit (might affect English players due to max non-EU player rules)

- You can enable the 4th league down very easily, just change to active division, add some prize money and ensure promotions/relegation work. (I might post a modified file as an alternate once I test it works.

Compatibility

- Not compatible with any nations which overwrite CIS.

If you like this and want to make one yourself start here: Use this link to download a file to move CIS to Europe and you can edit from there.

Edited by nine_iron
Moved to downloads

1 hour ago, erikeagles said:

looking good

is this with the national team?

I plan for it, just need to see if the editor this year plays ball, not bought since 2017

30 minutes ago, nine_iron said:

I plan for it, just need to see if the editor this year plays ball, not bought since 2017

I hope it will 

44 minutes ago, nine_iron said:

It does. Apologies for the slight hijack, but I'm almost finished creating a Yorkshire database (using your previous comments and guides, so thank you!). I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same, you have to manually do certain things like editing the UEFA Nations League, but it seems the same. My problems are fairly minor, such as my press officer having an Asian name.

What's your plan with nationalities? I've edited all Yorkshire born players to have it as their 2nd nationality for example.

37 minutes ago, Anners said:

What's your plan with nationalities? I've edited all Yorkshire born players to have it as their 2nd nationality for example.

I previously moved everyone over to a nation created in place of CIS, I just hope all my old techniques in the editor work like booting out Bhutan to non fifa, moving Kazakhstan to Asia and popping my CIS nation into Europe.

I had it running really well in 2017 game so hoping for the same here. I am sure there will be issues but I hope to find ways around them all.

2 minutes ago, nine_iron said:

I previously moved everyone over to a nation created in place of CIS, I just hope all my old techniques in the editor work like booting out Bhutan to non fifa, moving Kazakhstan to Asia and popping my CIS nation into Europe.

Can confirm this as well - I booted East Timor out, moved Kazakhstan in and Yorkshire compete in everything. Practically followed what you've previously done exactly, so should work fine!

2 minutes ago, Anners said:

Can confirm this as well - I booted East Timor out, moved Kazakhstan in and Yorkshire compete in everything. Practically followed what you've previously done exactly, so should work fine!

Well I spent years figuring out ways to do stuff, glad it works still! I heard coeffs are no longer editable so no more 0.122s or whatever number I found worked best.

Edited by nine_iron

3 minutes ago, nine_iron said:

Well I spent years figuring out ways to do stuff, glad it works still! I heard coeffs are no longer editable so no more 0.122s or whatever number I found worked best.

Euro coefficents? They're still there. The editor hasn't changed much for a few years you'll be glad to hear!

Progress is good, building the leagues this week and then onto alpha testing.

If anyone is interested please let me know as it will be close enough that you can finish to your own requirements if you like.

Interested yes, but mainly to see how you do things.

Can you freelymove the teams to CIS? When I move East German teams to East Germany in FM16 I ended having to duplicate them which adds a whole load of other challenges

Posted (edited)
On 29/11/2019 at 20:09, Wolf_pd said:

Interested yes, but mainly to see how you do things.

Can you freelymove the teams to CIS? When I move East German teams to East Germany in FM16 I ended having to duplicate them which adds a whole load of other challenges

Sadly due to family illness this project has been delayed.

The good news is I have a beta release ready for the end of today ready for playtesting. I don't do full playtests myself anymore as I have done them many times over previous FM versions and feel quite confident in my setup. I have simmed 1 season multiple times, 2-3 seasons a couple and done a 5 season stability test. There will be bugs but hopefully not anything gamebreaking.

Please standby for link @Wolf_pd @Anners @erikeagles

Edited by nine_iron

Have been running a holiday save, just to see how it is incorporated into the whole set of things, after 15 seasons not a hickup to report.

The fmf file itself looks very tidy. Would suggest it as study material for someone setting up a new league right away. Which is no surprise as you have been doing for quite a while of course ;)

2 hours ago, omarsorto6 said:

Is there any English data base to go with this ?

English Leagues work as normal, just missing a few teams and players.

Done all the competition graphics now, on to the clubs, then done! 

I expect graphics pack to be done by next weekend :)

17 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Cool!

They are starting to look good, some club logos are not the best so will try to find better ones.

I have done all the 3 top leagues but the perfectionist in me wants to do the unplayable ones too...

I know, I am working on a Iron Curtain 2020 db and just....too....much....details to think of!

And then you mentioned logos..... :eek:

Is resizing an option for you? A few tools are good at it.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

I know, I am working on a Iron Curtain 2020 db and just....too....much....details to think of!

And then you mentioned logos..... :eek:

Is resizing an option for you? A few tools are good at it.

I have been using GNU Image Manipulation Program and I have a config template that speeds things up.

GIMP works well.

I used a trial version of Onesize to resize photos for posters. That's great stuff, but very expensive outside the trial period, unless you would use something much more extensive.

Irfanview is said to work as well, but haven't used that one for a while.

A few obvious questions but would these players have dual nationality with England and would this lead them to rejecting a call up to the national side?

There is a number of dual nationals but all English only players are now Lincs & Cambs (I came up with “Lintabrigian” to describe the new locals. Mix of Cantabrigian and Lincoln (Lindum).

If someone was Scottish/English they are now Scottish/Lintab.

The only exception is any player who has caps for England in any form, they should retain England as 1st nation and Lintab as second.

I have also of course tried to retain declaration for other nations where reasonable. The second nationality helps towards league rules around minimum number of nationals in a team.

My aim was to give the opportunity to switch to my nation where appropriate and not force anything unless already indicated via caps.

Added logos! See 1st post

Edited by nine_iron

Which GIMP version did you use? When opening the GIMP file in the zip I got an error

unsupported XCF-file version 11 encountered

The other files work so not much of an isssue. Just curiosity.

49 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Which GIMP version did you use? When opening the GIMP file in the zip I got an error

I just left them in there due to lazyness, should have cleaned up the folder and removed them. Hopefully no harm.

No, I was just curious at what editing you did with the file compared with the png. Since I am probably ending up using GIMP, it might give me a little headstart on understanding the job a bit better.

No harm, no foul.

Apologies, I keep messing up my steam file, if you do a certain think it stops you being able to update the file, I have manged to make the same mistake 2 times in a row...

Please resubscribe for the minor cosmetic fixes if you want them.

Edited by nine_iron

Hi, do the the teams play in European competitions? I did the same thing as this with Leicestershire on FM14 and want to give it a go again with FM2020. Just have to remember how to go about it all. 

On 19/02/2020 at 18:34, JoePalestine said:

Hi, do the the teams play in European competitions? I did the same thing as this with Leicestershire on FM14 and want to give it a go again with FM2020. Just have to remember how to go about it all. 

Yes, teams start in europe from 1st season. National team fully functional after full cycle of competitions too (cant add to active comps at start)

1 hour ago, nine_iron said:

Yes, teams start in europe from 1st season. National team fully functional after full cycle of competitions too (cant add to active comps at start)

Cheers