[FM20] [RELEASED] Lincs & Cambs 2020

Steam Workshop Download Link (v1.07)

Alternative Link (v1.06)

Logo Pack (v1.00)

Brexit is NOT Disabled. I am working on a fix for this now.

Going a different route this year, researched from scratch and compiled myself a google sheets ready for launch day!

Introducing the nation of the United Counties of Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire

The A1 will be well travelled in this nation with 84 teams from across Lincs, Hunts and Cambs.

luk0zmk.jpg                      image.thumb.png.0c84b1b65b15b4487a8b449e739a3924.png

Three playable leagues as usual and then an unplayable tier of teams to make up the FA cup numbers and feed the lowest playable.

NOTES:

- Graphics pack is on the way!

Known Errors: (fixed as of 12:30 03-JAN-2020)

- Young Player of the Year has wrong maximum age set

Suggested Modifications:

- Remove Brexit (might affect English players due to max non-EU player rules)

- You can enable the 4th league down very easily, just change to active division, add some prize money and ensure promotions/relegation work. (I might post a modified file as an alternate once I test it works.

Compatibility

- Not compatible with any nations which overwrite CIS.

If you like this and want to make one yourself start here: Use this link to download a file to move CIS to Europe and you can edit from there.

Edited by nine_iron
Moved to downloads

44 minutes ago, nine_iron said:

I plan for it, just need to see if the editor this year plays ball, not bought since 2017

It does. Apologies for the slight hijack, but I'm almost finished creating a Yorkshire database (using your previous comments and guides, so thank you!). I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same, you have to manually do certain things like editing the UEFA Nations League, but it seems the same. My problems are fairly minor, such as my press officer having an Asian name.

What's your plan with nationalities? I've edited all Yorkshire born players to have it as their 2nd nationality for example.

37 minutes ago, Anners said:

What's your plan with nationalities? I've edited all Yorkshire born players to have it as their 2nd nationality for example.

I previously moved everyone over to a nation created in place of CIS, I just hope all my old techniques in the editor work like booting out Bhutan to non fifa, moving Kazakhstan to Asia and popping my CIS nation into Europe.

I had it running really well in 2017 game so hoping for the same here. I am sure there will be issues but I hope to find ways around them all.

2 minutes ago, nine_iron said:

I previously moved everyone over to a nation created in place of CIS, I just hope all my old techniques in the editor work like booting out Bhutan to non fifa, moving Kazakhstan to Asia and popping my CIS nation into Europe.

Can confirm this as well - I booted East Timor out, moved Kazakhstan in and Yorkshire compete in everything. Practically followed what you've previously done exactly, so should work fine!

2 minutes ago, Anners said:

Can confirm this as well - I booted East Timor out, moved Kazakhstan in and Yorkshire compete in everything. Practically followed what you've previously done exactly, so should work fine!

Well I spent years figuring out ways to do stuff, glad it works still! I heard coeffs are no longer editable so no more 0.122s or whatever number I found worked best.

Edited by nine_iron

3 minutes ago, nine_iron said:

Well I spent years figuring out ways to do stuff, glad it works still! I heard coeffs are no longer editable so no more 0.122s or whatever number I found worked best.

Euro coefficents? They're still there. The editor hasn't changed much for a few years you'll be glad to hear!

Interested yes, but mainly to see how you do things.

Can you freelymove the teams to CIS? When I move East German teams to East Germany in FM16 I ended having to duplicate them which adds a whole load of other challenges

• 1 month later...
On 29/11/2019 at 20:09, Wolf_pd said:

Interested yes, but mainly to see how you do things.

Can you freelymove the teams to CIS? When I move East German teams to East Germany in FM16 I ended having to duplicate them which adds a whole load of other challenges

Sadly due to family illness this project has been delayed.

The good news is I have a beta release ready for the end of today ready for playtesting. I don't do full playtests myself anymore as I have done them many times over previous FM versions and feel quite confident in my setup. I have simmed 1 season multiple times, 2-3 seasons a couple and done a 5 season stability test. There will be bugs but hopefully not anything gamebreaking.

Please standby for link @Wolf_pd @Anners @erikeagles

Edited by nine_iron

Have been running a holiday save, just to see how it is incorporated into the whole set of things, after 15 seasons not a hickup to report.

The fmf file itself looks very tidy. Would suggest it as study material for someone setting up a new league right away. Which is no surprise as you have been doing for quite a while of course ;)

17 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Cool!

They are starting to look good, some club logos are not the best so will try to find better ones.

I have done all the 3 top leagues but the perfectionist in me wants to do the unplayable ones too...

I know, I am working on a Iron Curtain 2020 db and just....too....much....details to think of!

And then you mentioned logos..... :eek:

Is resizing an option for you? A few tools are good at it.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

I know, I am working on a Iron Curtain 2020 db and just....too....much....details to think of!

And then you mentioned logos..... :eek:

Is resizing an option for you? A few tools are good at it.

I have been using GNU Image Manipulation Program and I have a config template that speeds things up.

GIMP works well.

I used a trial version of Onesize to resize photos for posters. That's great stuff, but very expensive outside the trial period, unless you would use something much more extensive.

Irfanview is said to work as well, but haven't used that one for a while.

There is a number of dual nationals but all English only players are now Lincs & Cambs (I came up with “Lintabrigian” to describe the new locals. Mix of Cantabrigian and Lincoln (Lindum).

If someone was Scottish/English they are now Scottish/Lintab.

The only exception is any player who has caps for England in any form, they should retain England as 1st nation and Lintab as second.

I have also of course tried to retain declaration for other nations where reasonable. The second nationality helps towards league rules around minimum number of nationals in a team.

My aim was to give the opportunity to switch to my nation where appropriate and not force anything unless already indicated via caps.

Which GIMP version did you use? When opening the GIMP file in the zip I got an error

unsupported XCF-file version 11 encountered

The other files work so not much of an isssue. Just curiosity.

49 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Which GIMP version did you use? When opening the GIMP file in the zip I got an error

I just left them in there due to lazyness, should have cleaned up the folder and removed them. Hopefully no harm.

No, I was just curious at what editing you did with the file compared with the png. Since I am probably ending up using GIMP, it might give me a little headstart on understanding the job a bit better.

No harm, no foul.

Apologies, I keep messing up my steam file, if you do a certain think it stops you being able to update the file, I have manged to make the same mistake 2 times in a row...

Please resubscribe for the minor cosmetic fixes if you want them.

Edited by nine_iron

• 1 month later...
On 19/02/2020 at 18:34, JoePalestine said:

Hi, do the the teams play in European competitions? I did the same thing as this with Leicestershire on FM14 and want to give it a go again with FM2020. Just have to remember how to go about it all. 

Yes, teams start in europe from 1st season. National team fully functional after full cycle of competitions too (cant add to active comps at start)

6 hours ago, nine_iron said:

Good luck! It’s a whole lot of fun and glad people are still doing these!

Last time I gave this a go was FM14. I always create the village I grew up in and put them in the National North as I can’t just play the game without and edit! 

You put a hell of a lot more effort in than I do with your save and it looks amazing to be fair, just wish someone did one for Leicestershire with your effort 😂

Hi Nine Iron. Congratulations for your work. I created my own new nations (Brittany and Corsica), and I have some problems.

First, in some of my saves, I have problems with UEFA coefficients. You mentioned 0.122 could be a good solution : does it work ?

I have also an issue with the FIFA ranking : it seems that a victory, for example, gives less points to my new nations than to a classic FIFA nation. So, my new nations have always a very low ranking, even if they qualify for the World Cup or the European championship. Do you have the same problem ?

And last problem, which is minor : concerning Brittany, my regens first names are strange. They are often Italian, Spanish or from other European countries. While their family names are French, so ok.

On 25/02/2020 at 11:28, Monsi9958 said:

Hi Nine Iron. Congratulations for your work. I created my own new nations (Brittany and Corsica), and I have some problems.

First, in some of my saves, I have problems with UEFA coefficients. You mentioned 0.122 could be a good solution : does it work ?

I have also an issue with the FIFA ranking : it seems that a victory, for example, gives less points to my new nations than to a classic FIFA nation. So, my new nations have always a very low ranking, even if they qualify for the World Cup or the European championship. Do you have the same problem ?

And last problem, which is minor : concerning Brittany, my regens first names are strange. They are often Italian, Spanish or from other European countries. While their family names are French, so ok.

I think .200 works, TBH I tried random numbers that looked right until i got the places I wanted.

For Fifa ranking I give my team starting points just under the bottom placed team so they don't have to catch up too much.

For names I fill each town with at least 100 names that fit what I want. These players are all retired so make no impact on the gameplay and give a wide variety of names for the game to generate from.

Best of luck!

I am finding some minor bugs like issues with award names in league 1.

Going to make some tweaks next time I have free time.

So far its amazingly playable and a heck of a lot of fun. Finances need a bit of tweaking down to make it more challenging but maybe that is because I don't have any big costs yet as wage budget is under 70k a week.

Its always hard to balance progressing of the league (more euro cup places etc) and giving teams too much money so finance balancing isnt a challenge.

Maybe it will be more challenging in the next few seasons, I make cash buying youngsters cheap and selling high as I have the best coaches in the league :D

Edited by nine_iron

13 hours ago, nine_iron said:

I think .200 works, TBH I tried random numbers that looked right until i got the places I wanted.

For Fifa ranking I give my team starting points just under the bottom placed team so they don't have to catch up too much.

For names I fill each town with at least 100 names that fit what I want. These players are all retired so make no impact on the gameplay and give a wide variety of names for the game to generate from.

Best of luck!

OK. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I tried something similar on FM19, creating a nation with 3 tiers and 2 cups, using the CIS nation and moving another nation to Asia (I moved Turkey so I could nick their CL and EL places too) but the European Championships stopped working/generating. World Cup and Euro League were largely unaffected though. Confed cup also died but I'm assuming that wont be an issue in FM20. 

Just wondering if the international comps are all working in your database? If so, I might fork out for FM20 after all as that was my only issue editing in the last one.

Thanks

1 hour ago, jdsqueadly said:

Hi,

Just wondering if the international comps are all working in your database? If so, I might fork out for FM20 after all as that was my only issue editing in the last one.

Thanks

Not noticed anything, I’m 5 years in to my save and everything seems to have stabilised.

Ahh excellent, thanks! I might take the plunge after all then - shame the prices have shot up over the weekend!

Did you create each player manually or is there a quicker way to populate the teams? I created 1200+ for scratch last time round so hoping there's a way to do it without starting all over again if anyone knows of any ways?

18 hours ago, jdsqueadly said:

Ahh excellent, thanks! I might take the plunge after all then - shame the prices have shot up over the weekend!

Did you create each player manually or is there a quicker way to populate the teams? I created 1200+ for scratch last time round so hoping there's a way to do it without starting all over again if anyone knows of any ways?

I didn’t create any players. Teams mostly had them in and the DB has a load which I identified from birth city.

All players based in the nation with no birth city also got nationality.

Plus I duplicated 100 people for England for each city/town in the nation, I changed the duplicates nationality and city of birth then set them to retired. This gave a huge boost to the name pool!

Anyone foreign with enough days soon converted nationality too, the only ones I did were a handful of English people who had their days in nation adjusted so they would change nationality. That I would say is the hardest bit but was time well spent.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

If you were to replace C.I.S with a country from, for example, the Caribbean, how would you go about that?

A similar approach but I would need to research continental club and international competitions for the region to ensure it would work.

2 hours ago, nine_iron said:

A similar approach but I would need to research continental club and international competitions for the region to ensure it would work.

Think I will just drop them in Europe as it will be easier.