[FM20] Manchester United: Falling Giant...

stevemc

28 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

You think about it way too seriously lol 

Indeed I do. I have OCD to thank for that, mines doesn't just focus on the one subject either it's basically multiple things which is a real nightmare at times. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Indeed I do. I have OCD to thank for that, mines doesn't just focus on the one subject either it's basically multiple things which is a real nightmare at times. 

Never even thought of that being down to that. I thought OCD was a single thing not all different scenarios -_- 

2 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

Never even thought of that being down to that. I thought OCD was a single thing not all different scenarios -_- 

It depends mate. It's not researched enough and most people don't realise how much of an effect it can have on a person's life, most people also associate it with just cleaning, numbers or having things in place but it can literally be about anything. It also affects me when it comes to tactics, I cannot use someone else's or else I'm convinced I'm copying and the game isn't worth playing. Some people without OCD share that view anyway but the difference with me is I obsess about it, I literally can't get it out of my head. I panic when I see other people's tactics, especially if they have even a few of the same roles in their tactic, I get convinced I'm copying people. The thoughts tend to be irrational and repetitive. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

6 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Because I've not even started I've decided to wait until FM21 before starting my Man Utd save. I don't want to add the FM20 version of Van De Beek to Utd lol, he's not someone I would have went for in this years game but I feel I would need to add him because it looks like it's going to happen irl. I've heard from a guy who is responsible for a team's data on FM that the game will still be released in November this year, late November apparently. I was actually about to start but the Van De Beek signing has put me off starting a save on FM20. He's basically gonna cost 40m, so I wouldn't want to lose that much for him on FM20.

Lol. He's actually the first player I went for. 

Edited by MatthewS17

52 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

Lol. He's actually the first player I went for. 

Lol, in what formation? I would use a 4231 but he would be 2nd choice behind Bruno so didn't see much point. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

5 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Lol, in what formation? I would use a 4231 but he would be 2nd choice behind Bruno so didn't see much point. 

Not as first choice. Fred is not my type of player and McTominay has no ability going forward despite being a Box to Box. 

He's a great option when I want to rest Bruno or Pogba, or if I play a Diamond. 

It's actually rather difficult to find a player this good as a backup, but he starts so many games for me that it doesn't really matter. 

Edited by MatthewS17

11 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

Not as first choice. Fred is not my type of player and McTominay has no ability going forward despite being a Box to Box. 

He's a great option when I want to rest Bruno or Pogba, or if I play a Diamond. 

It's actually rather difficult to find a player this good as a backup, but he starts so many games for me that it doesn't really matter. 

What formation do you use him in? Pogba already is pushing it in the '2' in a 4231 with his 9 positioning but at least he's a beast physically. VDB has 7 for positioning which I was surprised at, I thought it would be more, I certainly wouldn't play him in the '2' in a 4231 but he could work as 2nd choice AMC after Bruno, although Almada for me is a better 2nd choice for under 10m.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

This match just happened to me and I really want to share it here with u guys:

March 3, 2024. Carabao Cup, final match. Manchester United vs Manchester City.

Match started badly for us. They injured one of our future prospect, but we managed to score the first goal of the game. City fought real hard and Sterling score the equalizer goal at the 43 minutes. Some fouls happened here and there through the game (I can't say our boys played cleanly too, as they got some yellow on them as well) topped with a red card for John Stones, we finally on the lead again after a successful penalty kick by Kane and 2-1 for our boys. It was 72 minutes into the game and I thought we already won the match, but something went wrong. 10 City players got angry and injured 2 of ours, 3 boys in total, and with the substitution already used, we fought with 9 guys for the rest of 2nd half against a red carded team! 10 vs 9, and they managed to equalized(!) 2-2 and long whistle to mark the end of our 90 minutes. 

Moved on to extra time, and we were punished by the rule and have to play with 10 players. Those angry neighbor managed to score the first extra time's goal, but we managed to score two goals to lead the scoreboard after 114 minutes. Just when I thought we finally win the match, City equalized us again, 4-4, and so we have to face the long and painful penalty kick shootout.

I can't really highlight anything for the shootout other than our future prospect GK managed to block 2 shots, but we missed 3 with Havertz misses twice. The score is 11-10 and we are beaten at the Final. 

YDrrMzf.png

thZDOZk.png

B41tINS.png

a colorful end result. hahaha

Edited by tolkon
adding screenshot

9 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

What formation do you use him in? Pogba already is pushing it in the '2' in a 4231 with his 9 positioning but at least he's a beast physically. VDB has 7 for positioning which I was surprised at, I thought it would be more, I certainly wouldn't play him in the '2' in a 4231 but he could work as 2nd choice AMC after Bruno, although Almada for me is a better 2nd choice for under 10m.

I obsessively play 4-3-3 with Matic or Fred as the DM(Which will change in the upcoming window). 

He mostly plays as a Box to Box on the right side next to Pogba or Bruno. The DM gives them the added protection. 

He probably could play in a 2, but is dependent on who is next to him. 

image.thumb.png.dd41e477fc5d634da01fb5b3ccee80dd.pngthis is my main tactic but ı start having problems at attcak cant create much chances as ı used to ıts my 5th season ıt started at the end of 4th season ım open to advice and ıt would be great ıf anyone can offer a good 4231 tactic ı never get good results with that

I've decided to just go for it and start a save with the official 20.4 db, so I'm going to delete all the future transfers I've made, it's FM20 afterall, not FM21. So I'll allow myself to buy Bellingham when before I had given him a future transfer to Dortmund. I've only made 1 change, which is to give Sergio Reguilon a long term contract at Real Madrid because it was confirmed way back in January or February I think and it somehow escaped the January update when it should have been included.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

ım ın season 5 and club bought by new owner and he promısed to sıgn goretzka and saul and he paıd 100m for each.Good players but ı already have tonali pogna bruno mctomınay camavınga mejbri and a wonderkıd from argentına so ı need to fıgure out how to play with them ı play saul(dm regısta)pogba dlp support and goretzka b2b looks the best :)

On 02/09/2020 at 17:19, MatthewS17 said:

Are there no top class Distributional Keepers in this game, aside from Oblak? I'm planning on selling De Gea, but I'm not paying up 100m for Oblak.

Yeah, this really surprises me too. Obviously Alisson and Ederson aren't viable options, who else is actually good at distribution, I suppose Onana? But I don't think he's on De Gea's level overall sadly.

Does anyone play De Gea as an SK (S)? I feel he's capable of being an SK (D), but probably better left as a standard GK?

Edited by Gee_Simpson

Welp here we are as always for my end of season post, saved just before he transfer window to next season like always. Just finished season 3 and I'm happy with how it went. Here's the trophies we won:

20200903205750_1.thumb.jpg.87fb1cfda421b2acf222bb6859d26b78.jpg

Everything in sight EXCEPT the Champions League, so frustrating to go out in the semis for the second year in a row, especially to Liverpool who are my bogey team in this save. But swept everything else otherwise, league went down to the final round of games (even though we had mathematically won the title already due to our insane goal difference, which included a 10-3 mauling of Aston Villa) as Arsenal had a good 2nd half of the season whilst Liverpool dropped off. City only just managed to scrape into the Europa League after sacking Mourinho in March, hiring Espositio Santo before sacking him in May. Pep is now at Arsenal and Klopp is still doing good work at Liverpool.

As for my players, well...one stood out in particular this season...

20200903210002_1.thumb.jpg.20fc246e45758fd64531c77a3bc9907a.jpg20200903210005_1.thumb.jpg.1a4a84544f5838a4bea5fb3b2aa8802b.jpg20200903195621_1.thumb.jpg.f004bc582fc486d53972eaad0f8a7fd9.jpg

And that man was Erling Haaland. After a slow first season,  Haaland came alive this season and finished up with an incredible 46 goals in nearly 40 appearances, cleaning up every possible end of season award, an absolute beast of a season! Maddison and Rashford were also on fire this season, creating an insane front 4 with Haaland up front with Rashford, Maddison and Coman in behind. Nathan Ake has also come on well, creating a 3 way struggle for the central defence positions alongside Ruben Dias and Tuanzebe. As for Maguire, he fell out of the running and since he wasn't getting much game time I took away the captaincy and gave it to Bruno Fernandes, and just after the season ended he came to me requesting to leave which I have granted seeing as we have Teden Mengi coming through as the next centre-back prospect.

Speaking of youngsters, Gomes and Greenwood went out on loan the second half of the season, with Greenwood shaping up to be my reserve striker as I might cash in on Martial since he's now getting less and less game time due to Haaland. Chong may go as well as he's no longer my prospect on the right wing due to the emergence of Oliver Batista Meier who I recalled from his loan spell at Brighton due to being first team ready. I also swooped in for a young defensive midfielder named Marco Kana at the start of the season last year and he's shaping up very well. I also have several other prospects coming through who are shaping up nicely, especially in the centre back and centre mid areas.

Haven't really got any transfer targets lined up for the next season, but that might change depends on who goes. Partey, Chong, De Gea and others are being sniffed at by the likes of PSG, Real and others, and since Alexis Sanchez is finally retiring and will be out of my hair by the end of June, I'll have quite a bit of wage bills freed up in case we need it so...watch this space!

On 02/09/2020 at 17:19, MatthewS17 said:

Are there no top class Distributional Keepers in this game, aside from Oblak? I'm planning on selling De Gea, but I'm not paying up 100m for Oblak.

Only one that comes to mind is Andre Onana, with like 16 kicking and 14 passing but for some reason 6-8 vision last I saw in first patch. vandervoort becomes amazingly OP by the time he's 22/23 ish. terstegen-17/18 passing (probably 2nd best to oblak), Unai Simon with 15 passing.

20 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Does anyone play De Gea as an SK (S)? I feel he's capable of being an SK (D), but probably better left as a standard GK?

Better as standard, SK-S will just leave him wide open, his passing is awful, traditional kicker not passer im afraid. 

18 minutes ago, BigV said:

Better as standard, SK-S will just leave him wide open, his passing is awful, traditional kicker not passer im afraid. 

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, just a standard GK. SK (D) possibly but his rushing out is poor also, so I'll probably keep him as a GK (D). 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

11 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, just a standard GK. SK (D) possibly but his rushing out is poor also, so I'll probably keep him as a GK (D). 

Best off tbf, rushing out is woeful and can't even be trained either so GK defend. I find alot of people are using GK SK atm which is weird if their keepers cant do it, could try it pre season and see how he gets on or make a short month/2 month save to test the waters out. 

Start of season 4, fairly happy with my dealings in the transfer market:

20200904173501_1.thumb.jpg.ff5d3c7d1b6d691ab316fa738812f54b.jpg

Yari Verschaeren to add some competition to the wide attacking mid positions now that Chong and James are gone, Jude Bellingham to develop as an attacking central mid to eventually challenge Maddison and Nick Vriends as a backup/future Number 1 GK when De Gea goes, with Maguire, Chong and Barlow all leaving the club and Sanchez retiring. Managed to hold onto De Gea, since I couldn't find anyone better currently to replace him despite the £100 million offer from PSG, and Partey despite interest from abroad and decided to keep Martial since he is still a useful option up front in case anything happens to Haaland. Speaking of Haaland here are some screenshots of my best/exciting young players, starting with Haaland himself:

20200904173524_1.thumb.jpg.1db4f2028df26c4f0526bc941ff89c2c.jpg20200904173538_1.thumb.jpg.a348b600681026a3f139d9b1051121f5.jpg20200904173550_1.thumb.jpg.632db9dfdab0cb180806b293d55081c8.jpg

20200904173608_1.thumb.jpg.3484126107112dc6b961e34d6f6e2b4c.jpg20200904173629_1.thumb.jpg.3fc62f29dba4a86b912db567f1ab2e1d.jpg

20200904173708_1.thumb.jpg.2bdaf9550b522109b128b6db0ae335ce.jpg20200904173642_1.thumb.jpg.68e6c00ea92ad706a5347a9314399300.jpg

Onward to season 4, where the aim is to sweep everything before us! See you on the other side!

@ShadowEdSide

Haaland looks insane, I'll definitely be going for him. What role did you use him in and how much did he cost you? Good to see Tuanzebe can turn out like that also, Meier is a surprising one, he looks great. Did you switch to the 4141 like you planned or did you stick with the 4231?

Edited by Gee_Simpson

Not had as much time to play of late, but have made it to January 1st 2025 (My sixth season in charge).

Competitions.PNG

Things going fairly well from a competition standpoint. We're top of the league with 50 points. It's been a bit tougher this year, and we've managed to lose as many games as we did in the previous three seasons combined! Albeit to very good Spurs and Chelsea teams. 

No issues in the Champions League, topping a group of Juventus, Koln, and Feyenoord. We now have a date with Simeone's Bayern in the first knockout round. 

Carabao's been fairly straightforward aswell. Smashing Wimbledon, then Fulham in the rounds, then a 2-0 win over Spurs in the Quarters means we're matching up against City in the Semi-Finals. 

Squad's still in good knick, though I am planning to streamline it in the summer to allow academy players to come through.

Squad.PNG

Edited by Spiegel

1 hour ago, Gee_Simpson said:

@ShadowEdSide

Haaland looks insane, I'll definitely be going for him. What role did you use him in and how much did he cost you? Good to see Tuanzebe can turn out like that also, Meier is a surprising one, he looks great. Did you switch to the 4141 like you planned or did you stick with the 4231?

At the start of the second season I bought him for £65 million, worth every penny, and in my formations he's an Advanced Forward (Attack). Most of his goals involve him out-running the centre-backs after a ball from deep and thumping it past the goalie, but if you give him any space inside the box he will punish you for it!

Yeah Meier was a bit of a surprise, I just got a report last season how well he was doing on loan at Brighton and was advised to recall him and he's a handy winger to have. Unfortunately he's currently out for 2-3 months with a dislocated shoulder that he suffered in the first game of the season.

I've stuck with the 4-2-3-1 but I sometimes switch it up to a 4-1-4-1 depending on the players available and the team I'm playing. But if I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 here's my ideal starting XI as of now, front right to left:

De Gea

Aarons/Wan-Bissaka - Ruben Dias - Ake/Tuanzebe - Williams/Digne

Fernandes - Pogba (Partey and McToms rotate in here if I push Bruno further forward)

Verschaeren/Coman - Maddison - Rashford

Haaland (Got Martial and Greenwood as back-ups)

Interesting. I'm definitely planning to buy him, I haven't planned on buying him as early as the 2nd season but I may do as I'm guessing he will cost more the longer I leave it. I was thinking of using him as either a PF (A) or a CF (A) in my 4231, I would imagine he could be incredible in either but especially the Complete Forward role because he's such a complete striker attributes wise. 

I'm surprised that midfield combo works for you, don't you concede lots with 2 defensively weak players in Fernandes and Pogba?

1 minute ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Interesting. I'm definitely planning to buy him, I haven't planned on buying him as early as the 2nd season but I may do as I'm guessing he will cost more the longer I leave it. I was thinking of using him as either a PF (A) or a CF (A) in my 4231, I would imagine he could be incredible in either but especially the Complete Forward role because he's such a complete striker attributes wise. 

I'm surprised that midfield combo works for you, don't you concede lots with 2 defensively weak players in Fernandes and Pogba?

Surprisingly no, they do help out on occasions but as you said they are defensively weak. I'm just grateful for a very solid defence and of course De Gea doing the works in goal. 

Plus teams never get a chance to attack if they are having to try and stop us from demolishing them...speaking of which, my current match...

20200904202754_1.thumb.jpg.e240f5cd20b0de0bb5063bc2b17aa85c.jpg

Lol even though it obviously works I think I'll stick to having a defensively able player next to Pogba in the '2' with Bruno at AMC like real life.

How good has Ruben Dias been for you? He was my 1st choice but the fact you can get Merih Demiral for as low as 19m start of 2nd season is crazy cheap. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

40 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Lol even though it obviously works I think I'll stick to having a defensively able player next to Pogba in the '2' with Bruno at AMC like real life.

How good has Ruben Dias been for you? He was my 1st choice but the fact you can get Merih Demiral for as low as 19m start of 2nd season is crazy cheap. 

Yeah if I have Maddison out on the left then I can push Bruno further up and have either Partey or McToms beside Pogba as the more defensive option, unless I use my 4-1-4-1 in which case I can have Pogba and Bruno as centre mids with Kana in behind as a DLP. Whatever works for you works though

Ruben Dias has been great for me, he's my first choice centre back and current vice-captain:

20200904211530_1.thumb.jpg.a0c7ba524009a807266fa682624c9acf.jpg

5 hours ago, ShadowEdSide said:

Yeah if I have Maddison out on the left then I can push Bruno further up and have either Partey or McToms beside Pogba as the more defensive option, unless I use my 4-1-4-1 in which case I can have Pogba and Bruno as centre mids with Kana in behind as a DLP. Whatever works for you works though

Ruben Dias has been great for me, he's my first choice centre back and current vice-captain:

20200904211530_1.thumb.jpg.a0c7ba524009a807266fa682624c9acf.jpg

Nice. I haven't even started yet but can already imagine I'll have a difficult time picking between Dias and Demiral :D

Demiral can reach Dias' level from other screenshots I've seen of him, and if he's available for like 20m or so then that's a bargain. I know 2 people in here have purchased Demiral for 20m or less, which is insane. @Dong21 @Smaldini Does he perform well for you guys?

What's the 2 roles you use for your CM's, DLP (s) and BBM or something similar? Also, what games do you tend to use your 4141, tougher games away I'm guessing?

Edited by Gee_Simpson

9 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

What's the 2 roles you use for your CM's, DLP (s) and BBM or something similar? Also, what games do you tend to use your 4141, tougher games away I'm guessing?

DLP and BBM in supporting roles. Pogba is usually the DLP and either Bruno, Partey or McToms as the BBM. And yeah for tougher away games or if certain players need resting or are injured

18 hours ago, ShadowEdSide said:

Surprisingly no, they do help out on occasions but as you said they are defensively weak. I'm just grateful for a very solid defence and of course De Gea doing the works in goal. 

Plus teams never get a chance to attack if they are having to try and stop us from demolishing them...speaking of which, my current match...

20200904202754_1.thumb.jpg.e240f5cd20b0de0bb5063bc2b17aa85c.jpg

what was the final score? what tactic are you using?

7 hours ago, ShadowEdSide said:

DLP and BBM in supporting roles. Pogba is usually the DLP and either Bruno, Partey or McToms as the BBM. And yeah for tougher away games or if certain players need resting or are injured

Ah nice, that's what I used last time around, although I'm assuming the tactic you're using has the DLP on support, mine is on defend beside the BBM. Because the DLP is on defend I actually tend not to play Pogba there, he played in the BBM role instead but I'm thinking of changing him to a RPM for this save, beside the DLP but not 100% sure yet.

On 03/09/2020 at 09:26, Gee_Simpson said:

Yeah, this really surprises me too. Obviously Alisson and Ederson aren't viable options, who else is actually good at distribution, I suppose Onana? But I don't think he's on De Gea's level overall sadly.

Yes I use him as a SK S works totally fine and VDB has been pretty good for me as a BBM in my 4231

I had a decent save going a few months ago but the save then got corrupted and I lost interest.  Recently I picked up the game again, did a few edits on the database and started a new season.  As the season started I ran into the issue with Pogba wanting to leave for Champions League football.  I had to deal with him pouting and a few of the team getting upset because I wouldn't let him leave. 

I have never been good at tactics and found one I wanted to use and while we were winning, it was becoming a little difficult.  I got lucky in a few games but was struggling.  Then out out of the blue Pogba stated he was now happy.  I made another couple of changes in the formation and suddenly things took off.  They are scoring for fun it seems like, the defense is shutting out the opponents just about every game now.  Its fun watching Pogba, Fernandes, Sancho,Greenwood, and Van de Beek run around.  Now seeing Pogba track back and play defense is something to watch.  We are in 1st place with having won 14 out of 17 played and 3 draws.  I'm shocked....

I never thought that for the most part making Pogba happy would turn the whole team around.  I've never had him this involved in matches before.  His avg rating in 13 games in the is 7.75 with 5 goals and 3 assists 88% passing and 93% tackles completed. 

Has anyone else seen anything like this by just getting ONE player going, it's like the whole team woke up.  I'm not complaining, it's just unexpected LOL

Edited by rocky0
Lousy typing skills

1 hour ago, rocky0 said:

I had a decent save going a few months ago but the save then got corrupted and I lost interest.  Recently I picked up the game again, did a few edits on the database and started a new season.  As the season started I ran into the issue with Pogba wanting to leave for Champions League football.  I had to deal with him pouting and a few of the team getting upset because I wouldn't let him leave. 

I have never been good at tactics and found one I wanted to use and while we were winning, it was becoming a little difficult.  I got lucky in a few games but was struggling.  Then out out of the blue Pogba stated he was now happy.  I made another couple of changes in the formation and suddenly things took off.  They are scoring for fun it seems like, the defense is shutting out the opponents just about every game now.  Its fun watching Pogba, Fernandes, Sancho,Greenwood, and Van de Beek run around.  Now seeing Pogba track back and play defense is something to watch.  We are in 1st place with having won 14 out of 17 played and 3 draws.  I'm shocked....

I never thought that for the most part making Pogba happy would turn the whole team around.  I've never had him this involved in matches before.  His avg rating in 13 games in the is 7.75 with 5 goals and 3 assists 88% passing and 93% tackles completed. 

Has anyone else seen anything like this by just getting ONE player going, it's like the whole team woke up.  I'm not complaining, it's just unexpected LOL

Happens, especially at the start of a save when you haven't yet built up the reputation/relationship with the squad. Pogba is probably one of the team leaders and so, his happiness will have a massive impact initially. Add to that, the players are probably now adapting to your tactics and playing well. Also, in-game, Pogba doesn't shirk from the defensive duties.

2 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

@sedge11

Do you reckon you'll manage to squeeze a Utd save in or do you think you'll just wait for FM21? :D I would imagine the game will be released late November, or so I've heard anyway, so a little over 2 months to go.

I should squeeze one in yeah. I’m quite hyped for the new season and with fantasy league as well ha, so it’s making want to do a Man Utd save, plus I never really got going on my 2nd save. 
So I’m going to finish up my lazio save, then will probably get one going in a few days and play it until fm21 comes out.

15 hours ago, sedge11 said:

I should squeeze one in yeah. I’m quite hyped for the new season and with fantasy league as well ha, so it’s making want to do a Man Utd save, plus I never really got going on my 2nd save. 
So I’m going to finish up my lazio save, then will probably get one going in a few days and play it until fm21 comes out.

Nice.

You starting from January again or are you starting from the beginning? I decided to go from the start this time around because as @dido53 said, it's to see if you can do better than OGS in season 19/20.

6 hours ago, D'TripleA said:

Anyone knows how to train martial to become a great number 9?

I think people are having great success with him going by this thread mate. I'm hoping he does well for me also, he's already pretty well rounded imo. Just focus on what his weaknesses are, that's what I usually do when it comes to training players, but you can approach it how you like, everyone is different.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

On 09/09/2020 at 14:15, D'TripleA said:

Anyone knows how to train martial to become a great number 9?

I think there is more to it than just the training to be honest.  There is still so much about this game that I am learning that I have never really messed around with training.  I try to find the best coaches I can of course but I just let the training go after that and delegate any part of it I can.

I've gotten lucky and was able to find a tactic I liked and after trial and error, settled on the tweaks to it.  As I mentioned above, once I got Pogba going the whole team seems to want to match him.  I use Martial as a lone striker and he is second in the league with 17 goals and that includes about 3 weeks with him missing with an injury.  So you might be able to make him great without any special training

I've found out that both on pitch and off pitch have way more importance to each other than I thought in the beginning

Good luck with him

On 10/09/2020 at 01:43, Gee_Simpson said:

Nice.

You starting from January again or are you starting from the beginning? I decided to go from the start this time around because as @dido53 said, it's to see if you can do better than OGS in season 19/20.

I’m probably going to start from January, I quite like the idea of taking over Man Utd when they were struggling (before Bruno) then getting them back in the top 4, maybe win a trophy and then start rebuilding.

I still have a couple of save files from before where I went to start from Jan, so may jump into one of those.

Edited by sedge11

On 10.09.2020 at 03:43, Gee_Simpson said:

Nice.

sorry ı was busy for few days havent looked here.Starting from begining is the best ı thınk and doıng your way :) ı started out with brescia for playıng ın ıtaly :)

1 hour ago, MatthewS17 said:

I train him as a Complete Forward and focused on his mental attributes(Mainly Off the Ball, Decisions and Composure/Anticipation) to be as good as I can make them.

Capture.thumb.PNG.76a1a3e856f33409a9a79d289e0edd0a.PNG

He looks brilliant there, probably how I would train him also. What tactic are you using him in to get him to score 31 goals in 23 games? That's insane :D

Edited by Gee_Simpson

6 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

He looks brilliant there, probably how I would train him also. What tactic are you using him in to get him to score 31 goals in 23 games? That's insane :D

I use a 4-1-4-1 DM with Sancho and Rashford both on IW on support. There are a few Player Instructions here and there to make Sancho the creator and Rashford the goalscoring winger, but I think the link up between the 3 is what gets the best out of him. But if you want to know, I play Bruno as MEZ(S), Pogba as AP(S) and Matic as DLP(D). Wingbacks on support. 

Team Instructions are basically Pass It Shorter, Pass Into Space, Lower Tempo and Play Through The Middle(To increase Individual Mentalities). The rest you can probably figure out.

As for Martial, he is the focal point and the main goalscorer. I alternate between Advanced Forward and Complete Forward(A). You'll probably get more goals out of him with Advanced Forward but I like to get him more involved so I switched back to Complete Forward, which will probably drop his goal count. All I want now is to push his decision-making as far as I can.

To be fair, I can bring him on at any time and anywhere and he just scores goals this season. He's my player with the greatest X-factor. Would never replace him for anyone atm.

5 hours ago, MatthewS17 said:

I use a 4-1-4-1 DM with Sancho and Rashford both on IW on support. There are a few Player Instructions here and there to make Sancho the creator and Rashford the goalscoring winger, but I think the link up between the 3 is what gets the best out of him. But if you want to know, I play Bruno as MEZ(S), Pogba as AP(S) and Matic as DLP(D). Wingbacks on support. 

Team Instructions are basically Pass It Shorter, Pass Into Space, Lower Tempo and Play Through The Middle(To increase Individual Mentalities). The rest you can probably figure out.

As for Martial, he is the focal point and the main goalscorer. I alternate between Advanced Forward and Complete Forward(A). You'll probably get more goals out of him with Advanced Forward but I like to get him more involved so I switched back to Complete Forward, which will probably drop his goal count. All I want now is to push his decision-making as far as I can.

To be fair, I can bring him on at any time and anywhere and he just scores goals this season. He's my player with the greatest X-factor. Would never replace him for anyone atm.

Interesting. I've read elsewhere that the 4231 usually gets more goals out of a lone striker vs a 4123 (4141dm) so that seems like an outstanding season from Martial in a 4123. Am I right in saying you take individual training but leave general to your assistant? I'm never sure whether to take general training myself or if it's good enough letting your assistant take it. 

I was considering bringing in Haaland for season 2 but those stats that Martial has put out for you there makes me wonder if Halaand is even needed. How's Greenwood doing for you this time around?

1 dakika önce, Gee_Simpson said:

Interesting. I've read elsewhere that the 4231 usually gets more goals out of a lone striker vs a 4123 (4141dm) so that seems like an outstanding season from Martial in a 4123. Am I right in saying you take individual training but leave general to your assistant? I'm never sure whether to take general training myself or if it's good enough letting your assistant take it. 

I was considering bringing in Haaland for season 2 but those stats that Martial has put out for you there makes me wonder if Halaand is even needed. How's Greenwood doing for you this time around?

4141 4123 or 433 what ever u choose ı fınd much more succes and more balance.I played 7 years with united and always choose 4123 sometimes 442.4123 martial at top as advanced forward or greenwood worked great.when ı choose 4231 ı got hammered even with great teams and ı dont play gung ho attackıng but ın 4123 1dm covers and full or wıng backs can contrıbute more ın my opınıon :)

1 hour ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Well, what is technically a 4-3-3 has always been the go-to for me. It just strikes the perfect balance across the field. And this Man United squad is in such disarray, you can really do what you want with it over time.

Anyway, yeah, I leave General Training to my assistant, and I have control over Individual Training. However, I'm incredibly meticulous in ensuring that the training coaches are of the highest quality across the board so I can get the most out of training. I don't have the time or energy to sit through organizing General Training. There also needs to be balance of what aspect of training your coaches help with.
For Youth Squads, I leave all training up to their coaches and managers.

As for Haaland, I think it depends what you're looking for. Martial did okay last season, as he had 16 in 38 league goals last season. He's just hit like a house on fire this season. He's also a very technical forward, and I will always prefer my forwards to be highly technical even if I have to sacrifice physicality, which is what Haaland would bring. 

It really depends on you and your team, tbh.

Anyway, I'm a bit bored, so here you are: :))

Green.thumb.PNG.b5ba0148ada54259df8268dbc9febde5.PNG

I've started to play him as the backup to Martial again, as Jimenez couldn't hit a planet if he was standing on it, but that's another issue altogether.

Sancho: 

Sanch.thumb.PNG.3f14a09ac716fb0935ec656c1bcf1ea9.PNG

Rashford:

Rash.thumb.PNG.9998eea1356cc60ac1c05afd24c1396b.PNG

And my personal favourite signing of the season:

Pau Torres:

Torres.thumb.PNG.7ce411d49bb479599672650f47472a6e.PNG

As you can see by their ratings. I've a created a monster. xD

Edited by MatthewS17
Addition

@MatthewS17 Wow those stats are insane, especially for your strikers and Rashford. Whenever I try a 433 I can never get my striker scoring regularly so that's why I'm not using it. I've tried various setups but it seems easier to achieve with a 4231 so I have gravitated towards that. I could try your setup but I generally don't like using other people's tactics, as my OCD won't allow it :rolleyes:

As for training, I took the general myself as well last time but the progress of your players proves you don't need to set that up yourself if you don't have the time or are lazy like me :D For the youths I left general to those coaches and took individual myself. I usually look to make widespread changes of the staff too, I replace most of the coaches etc. 

22 hours ago, MatthewS17 said:

could you put your tactic available for download?