[FM20] Manchester United: Falling Giant...

stevemc

15 hours ago, ShadowEdSide said:

As for centre-back, Maguire and Tuanzebe have got those positions locked down with Lindelof and Baily in reserve. Thinking of selling Baily and bringing in another to compete with Maguire alongside Tuanzebe, any ideas?

Look at Milenkovic at Fiorentina. Should be able to buy for less than 50 mil and he is incredible.

I used him on my Man Utd save and have also got him on my Lazio save, never lets me down.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Look at Milenkovic at Fiorentina. Should be able to buy for less than 50 mil and he is incredible.

I used him on my Man Utd save and have also got him on my Lazio save, never lets me down.

Thanks for your advice. In the end I sold Baily and brought Ruben Dias. Came in on the day of the Community Shield so I started him from the bench, came on for the last 10 minutes and got a goal!

14 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Interesting, he barely scored for me at AM (S). What formation did you use most? 

Last year it was a 4-2-3-1 but this year I think I'm going to use a 4-1-4-1 DM Wide so he'll be slotting back into centre midfield alongside Pogba/McToms/Fred/Partey

My summer window is done with so here's what happened with my squad:

Bought: Haaland, Maddison and Ruben Dias along with a few youngsters

Sold: Romero, Grant (retired), Baily, Smalling and Lingard as well as sending Sanchez back out on loan

I wanted to go for Leroy Sane as I'd mentioned beforehand but he went to Barca so I went for Maddison next. He'll be good competition for Rashford on the left. Also managed to hold onto Pogba and got him to sign a new contract so he's here long-term now. As for the other teams in the Prem...

20200819151627_1.thumb.jpg.904417f6059ec2517eef9bf732082e2a.jpg

Chelsea have done some major work bringing in Lukaku, Milinkovic-Savic and Ziyech whilst Liverpool have made the biggest move so far with Dybala along with Sandro Tonali (who I remember fondly from last year's United save). As for managers, Zidane got sacked from Real at the end of last season and brought in Ancelotti who was at Everton at the time, with Everton replacing Ancelotti with then-Brentford manager Thomas Frank who was succeeded by former Bayern manager Niko Kovac.

As for Spurs, they now have Roberto Martinez as their manager to replace Mourinho after his sacking. But that sacking only got him a bigger job as Mourinho is now managing Man City. So now we have a former Man Utd striker leading the line and captaining Chelsea (Lukaku) and a former United manager now in charge of our city rivals! Will that be enough to shake us from the top? Well...

20200819152526_1.thumb.jpg.d10b4af4cf1793be8821b459eb3afa7c.jpg

Doesn't seemed to have made a difference so far! Although it did take a bit to get up and running, we got the job done quite emphatically! Gotta say though, Milinkovic-Savic's goal was a belter. Onward to season 2!

50 minutes ago, ShadowEdSide said:

Thanks for your advice. In the end I sold Baily and brought Ruben Dias. Came in on the day of the Community Shield so I started him from the bench, came on for the last 10 minutes and got a goal!

Ruben Dias is quality as well so that’s a good buy.

Well looks like I will have to join everyone in starting from the beginning of season 19/20 as I have just noticed that using the real fixtures file mean that 4 teams get relegated from League 1 which is unfortunate, I didn't notice that bug until I came across it online. I simulated the season from January and yep 4 teams got relegated from League 1, it's a known bug unfortunately that hasn't been fixed, you can't use any editor files that change English data whether that be fixtures etc or the above bug happens. I could load saves until the league gets close to matching January 2020 irl but dunno if I can be bothered with that.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

On 16/08/2020 at 21:56, dido53 said:

thanks mate ıt was so stressfull to fınısh lıke thıs :)dont consıder real lıfe and game thınk lıke this is your oppurtunıty to show ıf you were ın charge and what you do :)hope u start a new one because 2021 wıll be comıng late

This is a good point, it's a chance to do better than real life I suppose. 

I think either way I will keep my future transfer edits but looks like I'll be starting in June 2019 instead because of that bug I mentioned.

It would be good if you could disable both windows in the 1st season though, they should include that as a feature imo. I won't be making any signings in the 1st window, I'll probably add 1 or 2 youth signings in January but nothing major.

At least playing a whole season will mean my players will progress further than they would if I started in January 2020. They should be more developed for season 2.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

8 hours ago, ShadowEdSide said:

Last year it was a 4-2-3-1

Hmm.. maybe I was just unlucky with him then. He made loads of assists but I think he only scored 3 goals. Hopefully he gets more goals as a Treq, I certainly expect him to in that role.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

I am at the winter break second season and as always second season syndrome ı called happend.I m stıll fırst ın the league but team ıs not playıng the way ı lıke last year but hope they wıll:)ı bought kane chiesa milenkovic and reguilion(free).tottenham want lingard and paid good money his contract runnıng out so ı let hım go also smallıng shaw and mata

2 hours ago, dido53 said:

I am at the winter break second season and as always second season syndrome ı called happend.I m stıll fırst ın the league but team ıs not playıng the way ı lıke last year but hope they wıll:)ı bought kane chiesa milenkovic and reguilion(free).tottenham want lingard and paid good money his contract runnıng out so ı let hım go also smallıng shaw and mata

This happened to me in my old save, but I was actually 2nd and miles off Liverpool after winning the league in the 1st season. I hope to avoid the same outcome this time around. Just kinda annoyed that I've taken so long to start again, because now the game is out of date with regards to promotions/relegations and transfers etc. I still think I should go for it though, as FM21 won't be out until late November this year or maybe even early December?

Edited by Gee_Simpson

1 minute ago, Gee_Simpson said:

This happened to me in my old save, but I was actually 2nd and miles off Liverpool after winning the league in the 1st season. I hope to avoid the same outcome this time around. Just kinda annoyed that I've taken so long to start again, because now the game is out of date with regards to promotions/relegations and transfers etc. I still think I should go for it though, as FM21 won't be out until late November this year or maybe even early December?

I personally never could get into a save with a transfer update so for years I've waited for the latest edition with the official updates etc lol 

36 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

I personally never could get into a save with a transfer update so for years I've waited for the latest edition with the official updates etc lol 

So are you saying you personally couldn't start one now? :D

Edited by Gee_Simpson

So you wouldn't start one now? :D

As in the one's that happen in the summer lol so the likes of Jude Bellingham to Dortmund, William to Arsenal lol their isn't one on anything later than the winter window lol 

3 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

As in the one's that happen in the summer lol so the likes of Jude Bellingham to Dortmund, William to Arsenal lol their isn't one on anything later than the winter window lol 

Yeah so do you mean you wouldn't feel like you could start a new save with Utd now because of the recent transfers in real life? I'm thinking of trying one of Pr0's data updates as it covers transfers and also promotions/relegations etc but never tried one before. It just seems a while to wait for FM21 to come out, so I might try that. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

19 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Yeah so do you mean you wouldn't feel like you could start a new save with Utd now because of the recent transfers in real life? I'm thinking of trying one of Pr0's data updates as it covers transfers and also promotions/relegations etc but never tried one before. It just seems a while to wait for FM21 to come out, so I might try that. 

Nooo lol I mean I couldn't use one of the unofficial ones done by a user or myself if I was to ever get the editor which I doubt as wouldn't use it anyway lol 

Tried using a download database few years back with up to date transfers but just couldn't get into it like the official one so whatever reason 

23 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

Nooo lol I mean I couldn't use one of the unofficial ones done by a user or myself if I was to ever get the editor which I doubt as wouldn't use it anyway lol 

Tried using a download database few years back with up to date transfers but just couldn't get into it like the official one so whatever reason 

Ah okay I get you now lol. 

Yeah I'll probably not bother with it but I'm gonna check it out and see what it's like, most likely will just start with 20.4 DB again. Although I have edited over 100 major transfers myself so far but they are all set as future transfers for June 2020 in game. I don't understand why people do updates but have the players join straight away when future transfers make more sense (to me anyway). 

Ah okay I get you now lol. 

Yeah I'll probably not bother with it but I'm gonna check it out and see what it's like, most likely will just start with 20.4 DB again. Although I have edited over 100 major transfers myself so far but they are all set as future transfers for June 2020 in game. I don't understand why people do updates but have the players join straight away when future transfers make more sense (to me anyway). 

Probably why I didn't get on with it as was set from the start not in the following season 

On 21/08/2020 at 02:04, Chapman7 said:

Probably why I didn't get on with it as was set from the start not in the following season 

Yeah I've never understood why nobody sets them as future transfers, as it makes more sense imo. 

Now I just have to find the motivation to start a new Utd save, which will be my last save on FM20. I'll probably just go with some of the future transfers that I've done myself, obviously not covered anywhere near all of the transfers of this window but I've covered most of the major ones like Werner to Chelsea, Pjanic to Barca, Arthur to Juve, Willian to Chelsea etc.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

16 saat önce, Gee_Simpson said:

horrible thing when you were goıng ınto good direction then fall apart.start mate ıt wıll be long tıme to waıt for the new game start slowly maybe try thıngs a lıttle dıfferent(lıke me gıvıng chance to lıngard and stuff)as i said try to do lıke uf u were ın charge :)

4 hours ago, dido53 said:

start mate ıt wıll be long tıme to waıt for the new game start slowly maybe try thıngs a lıttle dıfferent(lıke me gıvıng chance to lıngard and stuff)as i said try to do lıke uf u were ın charge :)

Yeah that's a good point, thanks :)

8 dakika önce, Gee_Simpson said:

Yeah that's a good point, thanks :)

ım ın second season 33 games playedım fırst by 7 poınts but they have game ın hand.quarter finals at champıons league fırst game 1-0 down but manage a comeback agaınst psg:)difference is ı score less goals this season.ım tryıng to be lıke sır alex ferguson buıltıng a team few sıgnıngs only make use of academy :)

12 dakika önce, Gee_Simpson said:

Wow, crazy result :D

thanks mate ı changed to 442 sometimes ı have martial kane greenwood at strıker so make use of them ınverted winger left rashford buendia winger two dlp one support one defend :)

Thinking about a unique little change at the end of the season. 

I still need a DM. Barca are willing to accept 80m for Frenkie De Jong atm. 

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is available for 45m as he wants to leave Lazio. 

PSG offered me 150m for Pogba previously. They're still touting him this season. If I can get 100m or more for him, I'm thinking I'll sell and bring in those two. 

Might be worth sacrificing him for a more balanced yet World Class midfield. 

23 dakika önce, MatthewS17 said:

Thinking about a unique little change at the end of the season. 

I still need a DM. Barca are willing to accept 80m for Frenkie De Jong atm. 

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is available for 45m as he wants to leave Lazio. 

PSG offered me 150m for Pogba previously. They're still touting him this season. If I can get 100m or more for him, I'm thinking I'll sell and bring in those two. 

Might be worth sacrificing him for a more balanced yet World Class midfield. 

ı would buy milinkovic savic without doubt dıdnt manage de jong ı have no ıdea :)about pogba ım enterıng season3 psg snıffıng about pogba nonstop but they offered me low money and he played 12goals 10 assists first season 13goals 7 asissts second season averagıng 7,41 and 7,82 ratings but their offer ıs not good enough

Am I the only one who likes to set up future transfers around this time of the year to match real life? I've done over 50 I would say, mostly the major ones. Just feels weird seeing players like Werner, Willian etc staying at their old clubs when you know they've moved on irl. Although maybe the fact that it's FM20 and not 21, I shouldn't bother including them. I would have signed Bellingham for example but I've given him a future transfer to Dortmund for July 1st 2020 in game. 

On 21/08/2020 at 02:16, Gee_Simpson said:

Yeah I've never understood why nobody sets them as future transfers, as it makes more sense imo. 

Now I just have to find the motivation to start a new Utd save, which will be my last save on FM20. I'll probably just go with some of the future transfers that I've done myself, obviously not covered anywhere near all of the transfers of this window but I've covered most of the major ones like Werner to Chelsea, Pjanic to Barca, Arhur to Juve, Willian to Chelsea etc.

Not seen anything for definite on Pjanic heard rumours but nothing to say he moved and not heard anything on Arthur going anywhere rumours let alone concrete sources

1 hour ago, Chapman7 said:

Not seen anything for definite on Pjanic heard rumours but nothing to say he moved and not heard anything on Arthur going anywhere rumours let alone concrete sources

Yeah mate it's on their site, Pjanic joins in September, with Arthur joining Juventus. 

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/news/1700297/fc-barcelona-sign-miralem-pjanic/amp

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/football/first-team/news/1700293/agreement-with-juventus-for-the-transfer-of-arthur

On 22/08/2020 at 14:27, dido53 said:

ı would buy milinkovic savic without doubt dıdnt manage de jong ı have no ıdea :)about pogba ım enterıng season3 psg snıffıng about pogba nonstop but they offered me low money and he played 12goals 10 assists first season 13goals 7 asissts second season averagıng 7,41 and 7,82 ratings but their offer ıs not good enough

I'd love to keep him and sign De Jong. But realistically, a midfield of De Jong, Pogba and Bruno would never work. To me, it feels like the perfect Carrick replacement. 

I adore Pogba, but I keep questioning whether he fits. If I play him as a DLP, I feel I'm stifling him. His movement and positioning isn't good enough as a B2B. He's hot and cold as a Roaming Playmaker. I play him as an Advanced Playmaker on Support but still feel I'm stifling him in a way. Might be best to just part ways, really.

2 dakika önce, MatthewS17 said:

I'd love to keep him and sign De Jong. But realistically, a midfield of De Jong, Pogba and Bruno would never work. To me, it feels like the perfect Carrick replacement. 

I adore Pogba, but I keep questioning whether he fits. If I play him as a DLP, I feel I'm stifling him. His movement and positioning isn't good enough as a B2B. He's hot and cold as a Roaming Playmaker. I play him as an Advanced Playmaker on Support but still feel I'm stifling him in a way. Might be best to just part ways, really.

ı played him dlp mostly .After ı sıgned tonali ı still used him as dlp and tonali as dm this year ı changed to tonali dlp d and pogba as roamıng play maker.He is playıng good bruno start declining pogba is two headed axe he could be your star or he wants to leave

1 hour ago, MatthewS17 said:

I had Pogba in my Roma save for a season and for me he's the ultimate B2B midfielder (Which is funny since no one else seems to agree with that.) He's physically strong, technically sound and with 10 tackling, 10 marking and 9 Positioning may let him down a bit, building in a defensive midfielder to compensate for that helps out massively and with what he offers offensively, it really isn't that much of a problem, I've found.

Basically I'm ready to start now and it will be from the beginning of season 19/20 @dido53 :) but I really can't decide if I will include the 2020 future transfers for Werner, Willian etc or go with the original 20.4 db, keep changing my mind on it but I want to be sure of my decision so I don't regret my choice and have to restart again 😂 I have these all set for July 1st 2020 in game so they don't join until the 2nd season.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

16 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Basically I'm ready to start now and it will be from the beginning of season 19/20 @dido53 :) but I really can't decide if I will include the 2020 future transfers for Werner, Willian etc or go with the original 20.4 db, keep changing my mind on it but I want to be sure of my decision so I don't regret my choice and have to restart again 😂 I have these all set for July 1st 2020 in game so they don't join until the 2nd season.

I stick with original. Choosing to complete a few of the big name transfers here and there feels incomplete for me. 

10 hours ago, MatthewS17 said:

I stick with original. Choosing to complete a few of the big name transfers here and there feels incomplete for me. 

Good point, although I reckon it would feel 'wrong' to me seeing players like Timo Werner, Willian etc staying at their now ex clubs irl after 2020 in the game. Most people probably wouldn't think twice about it but I genuinely have OCD so things like this are a nightmare for me 😬

Edited by Gee_Simpson

18 saat önce, Gee_Simpson said:

Good point, although I reckon it would feel 'wrong' to me seeing players like Timo Werner, Willian etc staying at their now ex clubs irl after 2020 in the game. Most people probably wouldn't think twice about it but I genuinely have OCD so things like this are a nightmare for me 😬

:):) change it mate ıf ıts bother u if u use editor its so easy dont worry.Start a new save make your thıngs your way ı am doıng ıt lıke that and hopıng a long save (as ı saıd sır alex ferguson ıs the goal :)

19 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

If it suits you mate, do it. It's your save. 

I've had my save on hold for five weeks as I decide whether to sell Pogba or not. I very much understand over-analyzing things. :))

3 saat önce, Gee_Simpson said:

@dido53 @MatthewS17

Yeah I'm going to keep the changes I've made in the editor, cheers guys :thup:

good luck mate lets start :)ım at 3th season 34 games played90 points one game in hand and liverpool is second with 89 lots of pressure and semi final at champions league save is going good but academy is not good for now

Anyone got any recommendations for tactics to use with United?

I like using a 4-1-2-2-1 with two wide inside forwards cutting in with the wing backs driving on.

I manage to find good tactics to use when playing at home but as soon as I put the same tactics against bigger sides away from home I get torn to shreds.

Anyone got a good pair or set of tactics that are similar and can be adapted for these situations?

On 26.08.2020 at 00:20, davecrossley said:

I like using a 4-1-2-2-1 with two wide inside forwards cutting in with the wing backs driving on.

I manage to find good tactics to use when playing at home but as soon as I put the same tactics against bigger sides away from home I get torn to shreds.

Anyone got a good pair or set of tactics that are similar and can be adapted for these situations?

same tactics ı use but winger on the right.liverpool and city are beasts arsenal is hard to beat also you are not united use to be so try to play balanced and hit them on counter maybe.ın big games ı change counter press to regroup stuff lıke this

On 26/08/2020 at 04:20, davecrossley said:

well, I use 4-2-4 for most of my game with some 4-2-3-1 when I'm rotating the squad.

I'm on 23/34 season and distracted by other games lol. Managed to win everything on 2nd season onward, and on the winning streak before I stopped playing.

I want to restart the save, but the thought of staffing on the first days is stopping me to do so :( 

ım in 4th season started out slow.Lots of draws quıckly.ı changed my tactics sometimes to use more of my midfielders.I sold chiesa he was bad all tıme and getting red cards first loaned then sold.ethan laird never promoted to first team but wolves offered me ridiculous money so ı accepted also reugulıon ıs not first choıce anymore and sıgned hım for free sold hım for a lot.greenwood started lıke a superstar and hope he contınues ı want hım to be my new scholes or giggs

image.thumb.png.db863c89f88db31060c66bd4e991ffe5.pngimage.thumb.png.30d9c66765fdb5e4bd4a5a77802bbdab.png

Edited by dido53

Took some time but here we are at the end of season 2 of my United save. Nothing much changed from my last post except some last-minute transfer dealings. Dalot went for £40 million and I signed Max Aarons in his place as well as Nathan Ake for some versatility which completely drained my funds for the season so no-one came in and out in January apart from Pereira who went out on loan to Villa with an option to buy as well as Sanchez who I still can't get rid off. So then...how did the season pan out league-wise? Well...

20200827183554_1.thumb.jpg.0a7d925053ccfac383f98bc9d0e5fa89.jpg20200827183904_1.thumb.jpg.9192fe598f8e9d934d93fb350ddc7788.jpg

Normally 94 points would be a title-winning number but Liverpool were merciless this season, racking up 101 points and losing only 1 game all season en route to winning a League/Carabao Cup/Champions League treble, beating us in the semi-finals of the Carabao Cup in the process. As for the Champions League, we lost to PSG in the semis after winning the first leg 1-0 at home but losing 2-0 in the away leg, with PSG going on to lose to Liverpool in the final. And as you can see by the team of the year, no-one else was really in our league, literally.

We got our revenge in the FA Cup though, beating Liverpool in the semis en route to a final against Man City:

20200827190632_1.thumb.jpg.ebfeebe1f7c1acb673ba1a60f59cb5b4.jpg20200827190709_1.thumb.jpg.4449fbcbb90d3c5ef64953f8b85843c8.jpg

Two Ruben Dias headers netted us the victory and allowing us to complete our own treble of Community Shield/Euro Super Cup/FA Cup. Speaking of Ruben Dias...

20200827183852_1.thumb.jpg.81a8eb0d0b614dc50336518a271c0342.jpg Young player of the year in his first season, a good return. As for the squad in general...

20200827191526_1.thumb.jpg.f816bc482d0182edaad0eafb8939204d.jpg20200827191529_1.thumb.jpg.6e6e52d8336d7b06c4f661d6876a5798.jpg

Overall solid ratings across the board, only 1 or 2 slipping under a 7 rating for the season. Pogba, Partey, Martial, Rashford and Dias were the standouts for me. Wasn't an easy first season for Haaland but he'll get there. As for goals, Martial led the way with 29, with Pogba also getting 20 goals and Rashford, Haaland and Coman all getting into double figures.

Now for the summer window which I'll be starting in the morning. I think James, Fred, Henderson and probably Lindelof will be cleared out, and I'll finally be able to dump Sanchez hopefully. May develop some youngsters in their place, although getting another set of legs on the right wing will be handy to compete with Coman, thinking maybe Cheisa from Fiorentina as well as a replacement back-up goalie if Henderson does go. Aside from that I'll be hoping to hold on to Coman and Fernandes who are being sniffed at by Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively, and from there figure out how to stop Liverpool dominating into season 3...

20200827191007_1.jpg

20200827191024_1.jpg

20200828190406_1.thumb.jpg.0bb600464fa7ce64975e23f74aeebd4e.jpg

So frustrating, hate it when this happens! Good unbeaten start to the season, even going into this away game at Liverpool early on I was confident we were playing well enough to get a draw or even win, and for the first 25 minutes we were the dominant team until McToms gets himself sent off and from then on we had to dig in and try and grind out a draw. Wasn't to be in the end but ugh, such frustrations!

On 23/08/2020 at 01:34, Gee_Simpson said:

Must have missed it or didn't get much media coverage lol 

fınıshed 4th season with really bad form and dropped lots of poınts and also lost champions league semi final to liverpool.thinking about playing 352 next year maybe ı dıdnt get anythıng good from wingers this season but ı got lots of wingers lıke rashford martial buendia sancho james brooks dont know what to do also ı never get good resulrs 4231 so a lıttle bit confused image.thumb.png.a3ee804b474bb47410319cdcf4d63a41.pngimage.thumb.png.e2198986ee7acddc5c42899de2d854d8.png

Because I've not even started I've decided to wait until FM21 before starting my Man Utd save. I don't want to add the FM20 version of Van De Beek to Utd lol, he's not someone I would have went for in this years game but I feel I would need to add him because it looks like it's going to happen irl. I've heard from a guy who is responsible for a team's data on FM that the game will still be released in November this year, late November apparently. I was actually about to start but the Van De Beek signing has put me off starting a save on FM20. He's basically gonna cost 40m, so I wouldn't want to lose that much for him on FM20.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

1 hour ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Because I've not even started I've decided to wait until FM21 before starting my Man Utd save. I don't want to add the FM20 version of Van De Beek to Utd lol, he's not someone I would have went for in this years game but I feel I would need to add him because it looks like it's going to happen irl. I've heard from a guy who is responsible for a team's data on FM that the game will still be released in November this year, late November apparently. I was actually about to start but the Van De Beek signing has put me off starting a save on FM20. He's basically gonna cost 40m, so I wouldn't want to lose that much for him on FM20.

You think about it way too seriously lol 

1 hour ago, Gee_Simpson said:

you know you can just use the editor right to move players around. Free version, not ingame version