[FM20] Manchester United: Falling Giant...

stevemc

2 minutes ago, Powello said:

And neither are going to be good on this intake apparantly hahahaha

Oh brilliant, for me out of 3 intakes the only players that were any good were defenders, non of the midfielders or strikers were even close to being good enough for the reserves

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Oh brilliant, for me out of 3 intakes the only players that were any good were defenders, non of the midfielders or strikers were even close to being good enough for the reserves

You saw my 2 first intake son my other save, was all attackers. Think I will have similar on this save hahaha

Extreme Youth Development Challenge Season 1 Youth Intake

Hmm well it's not what I expected after what the provsional report from the HoYD said, back in December, but it was a nice mixed bag of players that has been labelled as the Golden Generation

vJ2cUZU.jpg

Pretty happy with that, just not the CB I really need

Edited by Powello

11 hours ago, sedge11 said:

But yea going to start a Lazio save, done a few Italian saves over the years but never been Lazio so thought give it ago. But it's a save I want to last around 10-12 seasons and maybe move around abit to a couple of different clubs and leagues and see what I can win in that time.

Looking forward to your arrival at the Calcio thread, mate. :D

8 minutes ago, Powello said:

Extreme Youth Development Challenge Season 1 Youth Intake

Hmm well it's not what I expected after what the provsional report from the HoYD said, back in December, but it was a nice mixed bag of players that has been labelled as the Golden Generation

vJ2cUZU.jpg

Pretty happy with that, just not the CB I really need

I’d take that mate

How do Johnson and Alexander look? Any possibility of them being retrained to help cover other areas?

Hopefully Dosso isn’t too far from the first team to replace Bishop and Kovar

Edited by Zeonflux

18 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

I’d take that mate

How do Johnson and Alexander look? Any possibility of them being retrained to help cover other areas?

Hopefully Dosso isn’t too far from the first team to replace Bishop and Kovar

Dosso is way off replacing either

5DKe560.jpg

Possibly both could be retrained as cbs but they would take a while

mKyxpFF.jpg
LfttMfg.jpg

This is the best actual CB I got in the intake LOL

Nd2nyVx.jpg

6 minutes ago, Powello said:

Dosso is way off replacing either

5DKe560.jpg

Possibly both could be retrained as cbs but they would take a while

mKyxpFF.jpg
LfttMfg.jpg

This is the best actual CB I got in the intake LOL

Nd2nyVx.jpg

Yeah Dosso has a way to go.

id probably retain Alexander as a CB just so you’ve got him as a back up.

overall they both should develop quite well just gotta hope they improve quite quickly as well.

If you had the 2 defenders I had come through in Hubbard and Chambers you’d be laughing as they’d definitely be your starting pair.

Hubbard is in my second XI but he’s gonna be pushing for more starts this coming season to boost his growth, I’ll chuck up a screenshot when I get chance

Edited by Zeonflux

4 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Yeah Dosso has a way to go.

id probably retain Alexander as a CB just so you’ve got him as a back up.

overall they both should develop quite well just gotta hope they improve quite quickly as well.

If you had the 2 defenders I had come through in Hubbard and Chambers you’d be laughing as they’d definitely be your starting pair.

Hubbard is in my second XI but he’s gonna be pushing for more starts this coming season to boost his growth, I’ll chuck up a screenshot when I get chance

All of them are straight into the first team squad and training, both ALexander and Johnson are training as CBs. Dosso should be ready half way through next season the way I train them haha

Yeah Hubbard and Chambers looked like they would be good pretty quickly

Edited by Powello

1 hour ago, Powello said:

All of them are straight into the first team squad and training, both ALexander and Johnson are training as CBs. Dosso should be ready half way through next season the way I train them haha

Yeah Hubbard and Chambers looked like they would be good pretty quickly

How do you train your players?

i let the ass man do the actual training then I set position and extra training and I always set it to double intensity and haven’t really had any issues with injuries but I do tend to rotate where possible.

If I didn’t have AWB and Dalot on the right I may have kept Hubbard there but his attributes were too good to pass up as a CB

27 minutes ago, StePratt said:

Gomes will not sign a new contract. Just got to January, should I sell him and move Barlow into his position? @Powello did you convince him to stay?  

Ah damn, he signed mine. If he won't sign you might lose him on a free, not sure if youll be able to sell him for a fee. Is anyone interested in him/.

. He's pissing me off anyway so I might sell him haha

19 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

How do you train your players?

i let the ass man do the actual training then I set position and extra training and I always set it to double intensity and haven’t really had any issues with injuries but I do tend to rotate where possible.

If I didn’t have AWB and Dalot on the right I may have kept Hubbard there but his attributes were too good to pass up as a CB

I use training schedules from FM Korea that someone posted on the forums here somewhere. Plus yeah I do the same with individual training.  I try and get their workload on heavy. They complain bu they can get over it, I'm their boss lol

One game left in the season and Mason. Williams, Chong and a couple of others want to leave for a prem level side, I told them I am your kidnapper and youll do what I say lol

Well I told williams to hang on as we have some great youth prospects coming through and we can match his ambitions.... he said he can't let kids dictate his career or some bollocks like that..... Seriously, a 19 year old said that hahahahahahahaha

3 minutes ago, Powello said:

Ah damn, he signed mine. If he won't sign you might lose him on a free, not sure if youll be able to sell him for a fee. Is anyone interested in him/.

He's been playing really well. He wants 64k a week and the board will only let me offer 48k. Clicked negotiate and his agent walked out. 

20200422115807_1.thumb.jpg.5430d114da2bb4b0c57617725ce221aa.jpg

5 minutes ago, Powello said:

I use training schedules from FM Korea that someone posted on the forums here somewhere. Plus yeah I do the same with individual training.  I try and get their workload on heavy. They complain bu they can get over it, I'm their boss lol

One game left in the season and Mason. Williams, Chong and a couple of others want to leave for a prem level side, I told them I am your kidnapper and youll do what I say lol

Well I told williams to hang on as we have some great youth prospects coming through and we can match his ambitions.... he said he can't let kids dictate his career or some bollocks like that..... Seriously, a 19 year old said that hahahahahahahaha

I always tell them that their an important member of the squad and they calm down.

either way you should be getting promoted next season so screw ‘em their contracts should be long enough to get promoted and offer a new one

1 minute ago, StePratt said:

He's been playing really well. He wants 64k a week and the board will only let me offer 48k. Clicked negotiate and his agent walked out. 

Damn how are you playing him?

when you can offer him a new contract just up all the other stuff like goal bonuses and stuff, give him a big loyalty bonus and give his agent a nice bonus

1 minute ago, Zeonflux said:

I always tell them that their an important member of the squad and they calm down.

either way you should be getting promoted next season so screw ‘em their contracts should be long enough to get promoted and offer a new one

I didn't have that option, thats the one I normally use but it wasn't there so had to improvise lol.

Yeah I will be refusing every bid coming for them anyway, I think they have 2 more years on their contracts

1 minute ago, Powello said:

Damn how are you playing him?

when you can offer him a new contract just up all the other stuff like goal bonuses and stuff, give him a big loyalty bonus and give his agent a nice bonus

Winger on attack on the left. His pace at this level is the key. His final ball isn't always brilliant but he gets another chance every 5/10 minutes to cross or shoot.

Just now, StePratt said:

Winger on attack on the left. His pace at this level is the key. His final ball isn't always brilliant but he gets another chance every 5/10 minutes to cross or shoot.

Damn that's how I am playing him and hes shocking, I just dropped him for elanga who came in a scored twice and looked way better in one game than gomes has all season lol

8 minutes ago, StePratt said:

I’d keep trying to give him a contract every in game day

2 minutes ago, Powello said:

Damn that's how I am playing him and hes shocking, I just dropped him for elanga who came in a scored twice and looked way better in one game than gomes has all season lol

I lost Elanga to West Ham. 

1 minute ago, Zeonflux said:

I’d keep trying to give him a contract every in game day

You can't, I think it's every week or 2 until they will talk again, some players I've had to wait a month before they will talk

30 minutes ago, Powello said:

You can't, I think it's every week or 2 until they will talk again, some players I've had to wait a month before they will talk

Oh yeah I know that but with it being so close to jan 1st on his save I’d be doing it so I don’t miss the chance to renew before he could leave on free

8 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Oh yeah I know that but with it being so close to jan 1st on his save I’d be doing it so I don’t miss the chance to renew before he could leave on free

Yeah but it's no point as he will just refuse to talk and could delay it longer

Extreme Youth Development Challenge Season 1 Review

Well it was a tough season as expected. BUt even with the 20 point deduction I was hoping for better, I've used some of these kids in the prem, champions league etc on other saves and they have been great. Guess you're only as good as the rest of the team.

pcsmWPp.jpg

AT the end of the day, these kids aren't developed enough for this amount of games and they were tired a lot during the season. But there were promising signs for next season. I think I am going to need a new tactic for these players.

xjr9yvk.jpg
OK42sab.jpg

The pleasing parts of the season were Masons performance, though that was expected and our FA Cup run, that was a surprise as I wasn't really going for it

cTtYQM0.jpg

But during that run, we showed we are better than our league form suggests. So theres a lot of hope for next season, now I just have to keep the squad intact and develop a tactic that gets the best out of them.

3 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Come on injury before during the transfer window!

hahaha, end of the day it's my choice as long as hes under contract he can't force a move, will just be unhappy all season but will still score loads

5 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Yeah I was just thinking that if you’ve changed the clubs finances and sponsorship that if a big enough offer comes in the board might accept it anyway 

I changed the balance but forgot to do sponsorship, I guess it will be a bit different at this level anyway maybe

7 minutes ago, Powello said:

I changed the balance but forgot to do sponsorship, I guess it will be a bit different at this level anyway maybe

Well by the sounds of it, it’s not changed the finances to the degree that the board would get involved so you should be sorted

Just now, Zeonflux said:

Well by the sounds of it, it’s not changed the finances to the degree that the board would get involved so you should be sorted

Well the board can sod off, they have just ruined my chances next season of getting some good youth players... They seem to have forgotten there a transfer embargo and lots of sponsorship o,mey coming ffs

JpNysli.jpg

16 minutes ago, Powello said:

Well the board can sod off, they have just ruined my chances next season of getting some good youth players... They seem to have forgotten there a transfer embargo and lots of sponsorship o,mey coming ffs

JpNysli.jpg

Well I’ve never seen that before, having said that I’m either playing as United or teams that go up the leagues so it only ever gets improved 

3 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Well I’ve never seen that before, having said that I’m either playing as United or teams that go up the leagues so it only ever gets improved 

I've seen it on saves where i've been relegated before. I shall be talking to them

Just now, Powello said:

I've seen it on saves where i've been relegated before. I shall be talking to them

Don’t blame ya, let them know who’s in charge and that youth is the key.......and watch them turn you down stating their happy with the direction their going regardless of the fact that they probably have you wanting to use youth

1 minute ago, StePratt said:

Palace are sniffing around. Hodgson has been to Old Trafford a few times watching him. If he goes I think we might struggle to avoid relegation!

20200422144136_1.thumb.jpg.28f4a4c28d3581b0517ed2fc65fd4f42.jpg

Just refuse every bit

10 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Don’t blame ya, let them know who’s in charge and that youth is the key.......and watch them turn you down stating their happy with the direction their going regardless of the fact that they probably have you wanting to use youth

haha probably

48 minutes ago, StePratt said:

Youth intake day. Maybe the most important day in this save. Average, I would say. Ideally I wanted a keeper and a few centre backs but will make do with what I have.

20200422160631_1.thumb.jpg.f4cfa3a2418f07ebacb9a8223ceed699.jpg

20200422160813_1.thumb.jpg.06e43e0ffd4bc86bd7f11cc247e73c05.jpg

20200422161005_1.thumb.jpg.24cbf4a6a123ca65f22e9cc38738613e.jpg20200422160912_1.thumb.jpg.615024e6447e0f9248818cdec94903bd.jpg

20200422161037_1.thumb.jpg.59252f53436e254d0ede8b8d8a8f1975.jpg

Callery isn’t too bad and should be first team if your doing @Powellos youth database

2 hours ago, Powello said:

Hmmmmmmm

UjBbLT0.jpg

Not sure what to male of this after what they said last season and was wrong about a few positions

I’d take it with a pinch of salt but think if it like this, if the previous intake was supposed to be ok at best but you got a few 4 1/2 star potential then this could be fantastic

2 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

I’d take it with a pinch of salt but think if it like this, if the previous intake was supposed to be ok at best but you got a few 4 1/2 star potential then this could be fantastic

It wasn't lol, they said the same thing about golden generation haha,

I have seen this years intake but I am saving it for the season review as  I am close to finishing the season now, so youll see in a bit. Let's just say, it's definitely not a glolden generation this year lol

Season One, complete. 

A bit gutted, really. Drew too many games, and lost a few more than I would like. We scored 127 league goals, conceding 73 (4th highest in the league). Can't concede that many if you want to go up, although the team  is bereft of good centre backs. Onto next season.

20200422194508_1.thumb.jpg.5a209548991dc8b1b611229ae0b1fac6.jpg

2 minutes ago, StePratt said:

Season One, complete. 

A bit gutted, really. Drew too many games, and lost a few more than I would like. We scored 127 league goals, conceding 73 (4th highest in the league). Can't concede that many if you want to go up, although the team  is bereft of good centre backs. Onto next season.

20200422194508_1.thumb.jpg.5a209548991dc8b1b611229ae0b1fac6.jpg

Awesome work, you did way better than me first season, damn getting beat at my own challenge hahahaha

You were very unlucky to not get in the play offs, you should **** it next season going on that form

Edited by Powello

3 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

For someone who hasn't played since FM13, would you guys recommend me to let the assistant take training and I just take individual? 

Yeah that's what I normally do. They usually do a good job