[FM20] Manchester United: Falling Giant...

stevemc

43 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Still determined to get a 4231 to work with Utd, is it possible to be successful with a 4231 in the first season with no transfers? Not sure what the aim should be with the default squad as of the end of January irl, top 4? I think my problem is, I look in here and most people are winning the majority of games, but maybe that's unrealistic for the first season without transfers, I'm not sure. 

Well with the winter update you start with Fernandes who seems to just be a beast on every save so that definitely helps with the 4-2-3-1, just about finding the right combination of players and roles around him. For sure would target a top 4 and see anything else as a bonus.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Still determined to get a 4231 to work with Utd, is it possible to be successful with a 4231 in the first season with no transfers? Not sure what the aim should be with the default squad as of the end of January irl, top 4? I think my problem is, I look in here and most people are winning the majority of games, but maybe that's unrealistic for the first season without transfers, I'm not sure. 

Yes,  with the starting squad it;s harder not to be successful in my opinion. You should be aiming for top2 at a minimum

Halfway stage of the season and my 442 is working well. Mbappe and Haaland are as good a partnership as you’d hope, the fact one is right and the other left footed helps. Greenwood and rashford proving as good a backup as ole and teddy so let’s see if 1999 can be repeated! 

6 minutes ago, Da7MUFC said:

Halfway stage of the season and my 442 is working well. Mbappe and Haaland are as good a partnership as you’d hope, the fact one is right and the other left footed helps. Greenwood and rashford proving as good a backup as ole and teddy so let’s see if 1999 can be repeated! 

What deal did you offer for Mbappe (and which Season?)

Summary- start of Season 3

Enjoying this Man Utd save- just finished Season 2. Won the League and FA Cup but knocked out in the 1st Knockout Round of the Champions League. I signed Haaland at the start of Season 2 and he was incredible- 26 goals in 28 League games. A lot of the big strikers left in that window- Dybala, Martinez, Dembele so I was pleased to get Haaland for a 'reasonable' 65m.

Decisions to make this summer...

Retaining the league is always difficult and I need to progress further in the Champions League. Some key decisions I think I need to make this Summer- any help greatly appreciated! 

De Gea- is now 30 and also on 350k a week. I have Oblak who I signed in January for 13.5m on 205k a week. Do I try and move De Gea on? Along with Pogba he's a Team Leader- has anyone got experience with selling De Gea? Nobody has expressed interest so far so I'd need to offer him out.

Pogba- immense for me but it looks like Havertz could be on the move this summer, so I'm considering selling Pogba and swapping with Havertz. Again, a Team Leader, so big impact...? PSG are sniffing round.

Martial- with my 1 up front formation (Haaland) rotating with Greenwood, I play Martial AML but I'm tempted to sell him and make Rashford 1st Choice.

Bellingham- made the RW slot his own at the end of the season- I signed Willian on a free who was great so may sell Daniel James to raise some funds- although I've currently 145m in the Transfer Budget.

Only signing so far is Florentino Luis so I'm looking to build the midfield 3 between Bruno, Pogba, Tonali and Luis. I also have Olmo and Almada so will experiment with them also.

Would appreciate any thoughts on the De Gea/Pogba decision or anything else you're seeing in the Squad!

tactics squad.png

Transfers.png

Squad 1.png

Squad 2.png

Coaching.png

47 minutes ago, Toonarmyfc said:

@Toonarmyfc I still have De Gea at 33 and no regrets but didn’t have Oblak as competition! My only regret is not selling Pogba, consistently got offers of 80/90m but wanted 100 which never came and Hannibal is good enough to replace but not getting as much game time as he should with Pogba still there. 

2 hours ago, Toonarmyfc said:

Would appreciate any thoughts on the De Gea/Pogba decision or anything else you're seeing in the Squad!

I sold Pogba after the 1st season, PSG gave me 135 mil for him so happily took it as he didn’t perform for me.

De Gea also went to PSG, he went after the 4th season, think I transfer listed him then they came in, only got about 50 mil for him. But if you have Oblak as well then probably best to sell De Gea, as you don’t really want 2 keepers on massive wages.

Wouldnt worry too much about them being team leaders, Rashford I believe is also a team leader so he may moan, but then you say that he’s the real leader (pretty sure that’s one of the options) and usually pretty happy. Plus Fernandes has great leadership and will probably take their place in the dynamics section.

5 hours ago, Da7MUFC said:

Summer 23/24 £210m rising to £230m. 18 goals and 11 assists in 18 league games

Would love to sign Mbappe. But it goes against me, as I'd never spend more than 120m on a player. And even that is rare. 

Here's to spending 6 seasons hoping to get him to leave on a free. 

1 hour ago, willbrown83 said:

Im keen to move Pogba and De Gea on as well at end of 2nd season got Donnarumma coming on a free and Pogba who is great has been injures moat of the season and he has not been missed also keen to hear what other people have done 

Pogba has been great for me personally so you may have just got unlucky with injuries. Myself I’m gonna keep hold of DDG until I get a regen keeper, for some reason I have had a fantastic regen keeper come through the club on each of the last 7 versions of the game

42 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

Would love to sign Mbappe. But it goes against me, as I'd never spend more than 120m on a player. And even that is rare. 

Here's to spending 6 seasons hoping to get him to leave on a free. 

Usually the same but didn’t buy the previous summer and even the summer I bought him I gained £26m net on sales 

7 hours ago, Toonarmyfc said:

Decisions to make this summer...

Retaining the league is always difficult and I need to progress further in the Champions League. Some key decisions I think I need to make this Summer- any help greatly appreciated! 

De Gea- is now 30 and also on 350k a week. I have Oblak who I signed in January for 13.5m on 205k a week. Do I try and move De Gea on? Along with Pogba he's a Team Leader- has anyone got experience with selling De Gea? Nobody has expressed interest so far so I'd need to offer him out.

Pogba- immense for me but it looks like Havertz could be on the move this summer, so I'm considering selling Pogba and swapping with Havertz. Again, a Team Leader, so big impact...? PSG are sniffing round.

Martial- with my 1 up front formation (Haaland) rotating with Greenwood, I play Martial AML but I'm tempted to sell him and make Rashford 1st Choice.

Bellingham- made the RW slot his own at the end of the season- I signed Willian on a free who was great so may sell Daniel James to raise some funds- although I've currently 145m in the Transfer Budget.

Only signing so far is Florentino Luis so I'm looking to build the midfield 3 between Bruno, Pogba, Tonali and Luis. I also have Olmo and Almada so will experiment with them also.

I sold POgba when he was on fire and everyone loved him, had no problems from the squad. Ive also sold Martial and James. Iam considering selling DDG at the end of this season as I have a great regen I have been developing, he should be good enough by next season to be first choice, but then I am on the 5th season lol

1 hour ago, Zeonflux said:

Anyone else finding it difficult to get the club to agree to affiliates?

i really want to get another so that I can increase the chance of better youth intakes but the board keep saying no 

No, had no troble. Depends on how well the board like you I think and how far in you are, I started asking in the second season, had them accept prety much whatever I want since then as they love me, well I have a new board now so don't know what they will be like

1 hour ago, Zeonflux said:

Anyone else finding it difficult to get the club to agree to affiliates?

i really want to get another so that I can increase the chance of better youth intakes but the board keep saying no 

Yeh asked for an affiliate club got teams in the championship asked again for overseas team and they said no used to be easy in previous fms to get this sorted would be a help with developing young players

I've just sold David De Gea, third season, I benched him until he handed in a transfer request (took about 3 months), then PSG bid and he went for £46m paying 100% of his wage.

Three seasons in and I'm struggling to renew Aaron Wan-Bissaka to a new deal, he wants £275Kp/w which I won't give him as I'm not 100% sold on him as he's not improving as much as I thought he would - has anyone sold him? If I'm going to sell, I might as well do it whilst he's still on £90Kp/w.

1 hour ago, stevemc said:

Three seasons in and I'm struggling to renew Aaron Wan-Bissaka to a new deal, he wants £275Kp/w which I won't give him as I'm not 100% sold on him as he's not improving as much as I thought he would - has anyone sold him? If I'm going to sell, I might as well do it whilst he's still on £90Kp/w.

Not sold him, hes too good, although hes only back up now to TAA and Dalot. TBH I don't really pay attention to wages though

31 minutes ago, Powello said:

Not sold him, hes too good, although hes only back up now to TAA and Dalot. TBH I don't really pay attention to wages though

Id be tempted to sell him got Max Aarons end if 1st season for 23 mil who has been great as well 

1 hour ago, willbrown83 said:

Id be tempted to sell him got Max Aarons end if 1st season for 23 mil who has been great as well 

Haven't chwcked on him since city bought him, hows helooking now?

1 hour ago, quee said:

How did you managed to get him?

In older FMs, this kind of transfer would have no chance.

Took a lot of unsettling and a large bid. Works almost everytime, especially when you are the biggest club in the world

Only half way thru 2nd season wi aarona and ptetty happy with him getting a good few assists n pops up with the odd goal defo think i could move AWB on still got Dalot n Laird in process of getting dalot to play further forward think he could be a decent right winger 

56 minutes ago, willbrown83 said:

Only half way thru 2nd season wi aarona and ptetty happy with him getting a good few assists n pops up with the odd goal defo think i could move AWB on still got Dalot n Laird in process of getting dalot to play further forward think he could be a decent right winger 

Dalot has played RW for me many times and has been great, I haven't trained him for it, he just performed there straight away when I asked him to

It's been a good year :lol:

jiVLpfo.jpg

28qJ5Cd.jpg

4XywIhG.jpg

y8tM2Kk.jpg

VsAfWQc.jpg

jBmzbbR.jpg

Although I am slightly disappointed only 6 players got in the team of the year considering we won every game in all competitions over the year

Considering my current team is probably up there with the best team of all time, I don't really need any new additions. But my new board seem to feel otherwise and are turning us into the new galacticos. No idea how I am going to fit these into the squad and give them enough game time to keep them happy.

kBWOKmv.jpg

Edited by Powello
update

5 minutes ago, Marc Lister said:

Made an enquriry for Jude Bellingham. Birmingham wanted £45.5m, 40% of profit for next sale and a friendly. I've negotiated £25m, 30% and a friendly. Good deal?

if you paid what they wanted it would be a good deal, he becomes a beast 

2 minutes ago, Marc Lister said:

MR or AMR? Does it take him long to become good enough as a winger?

He plays as both depending on the tactic I use. He took a few games to start performing, not long but to become a beast he took about a year of the right training, tutoring and game time. I did start with playing him in the middle which is probably why he took a while to perform

Just had the best result of the save so far, granted Watford are bottom but we didn't even have Bruno, Jude, Tonali, TAA or Havertz starting hahah

xOEa9ds.jpg

Oh and its confirmed, my board want us to be the new Madrid, they have bid 241m for Mbappe, where the heck am I going to play him? I guess AMR but Jude has made that spot his own and is still getting better damn it

Edited by Powello

12 minutes ago, Powello said:

Just had the best result of the save so far, granted Watford are bottom but we didn't even have Bruno, Jude, Tonali, TAA or Havertz starting hahah

xOEa9ds.jpg

Oh and its confirmed, my board want us to be the new Madrid, they have bid 241m for Mbappe, where the heck am I going to play him? I guess AMR but Jude has made that spot his own and is still getting better damn it

I’ve found Jude to play well behind the striker as a number 10 and that was as an SS

Just now, Zeonflux said:

I’ve found Jude to play well behind the striker as a number 10 and that was as an SS

I can see he would do well there from his stats but fat chance of that happening for me when I have Havertz, Bruno and Felix who play there lol

2 minutes ago, BigV said:

Any idea how ousmane dembele works? I think his mentals are awful, but for wingers it doesnt seem to be an effect as it would with other roles. 

I was going to find out but then he got injured for me in his 2nd game and now with mbappe comng in he will barely play. What I noticed form him in the short time he played is he ran like a blind man, well that's not entirely accurate, he dribbled very well and was speedy but his end product was terrible, if he hadn't got injured I would have subbed him anyway. I'm 5 seasons in and his mentals are still terrible for a supposed world class winger. I will be selling him in the summer unless he makes some sort of impression if he gets another chance

13 hours ago, stevemc said:

For me, first season he was rotated with Dalot but always second choice, second season he went on loan to Inter Milan, then before third season was sold to Spurs. Was never worth the big wages for me and that was before he was asking for a new contract.

Some interesting DDG talk further up the page, personally I've not had to fend off interest and not considered forcing him out. Still have him and Henderson in summer 2024. Do have these 2 regens waiting in the wings though, Alves was signed for £5m season 2 from Porto, Siddall from Everton season 3 for £2m. This may be the summer Henderson does finally move on after turning down offers for him before with Alves being the second choice behind De Gea.

utd24luisalves.thumb.PNG.b27ec54043646b575b10dd82857cb55e.PNG

utd24davidsiddall.thumb.PNG.f0456a2e73836f25bbd0b4ed3e4def3b.PNG

1 minute ago, sean_oc16 said:

Some interesting DDG talk further up the page, personally I've not had to fend off interest and not considered forcing him out. Still have him and Henderson in summer 2024. Do have these 2 regens waiting in the wings though, Alves was signed for £5m season 2 from Porto, Siddall from Everton season 3 for £2m. This may be the summer Henderson does finally move on after turning down offers for him before with Alves being the second choice behind De Gea.

utd24luisalves.thumb.PNG.b27ec54043646b575b10dd82857cb55e.PNG

utd24davidsiddall.thumb.PNG.f0456a2e73836f25bbd0b4ed3e4def3b.PNG

Alves looks awesome, going ot be some keeper in a few years

2 hours ago, Powello said:

xOEa9ds.jpg

Your new board have gone mad, signing 3 players now Mbappe.

When I got taken over they only signed 2 and have given me barely any club vision objectives.

1 minute ago, sedge11 said:

Your new board have gone mad, signing 3 players now Mbappe.

When I got taken over they only signed 2 and have given me barely any club vision objectives.

Yeah as much as I like having aworld class squad, it's going to get hard to keep them all happy soon and at the moment the dressing room is almost all perfect morale so hopefully they are done, especially as they have spend 501m in January so far and still the deadline day to come. I'm going to try and shift a couple of players before the window shuts as the wage bill is over 8m now.

Watch out next window, your board might go mad as well haha

On the plus side, Mbappe scored 7 mins into his debut, then he was replaced by jude in the 65th minute and he scored 7 mins after coming on haha, going to be some contest for that AMR spost. My coaches think Jude can reach mbappe's level.

5 minutes ago, Powello said:

Watch out next window, your board might go mad as well haha

Luckily the board have left me to it since, they took over In the 5th season, just about to start the 7th.

I’m also just about to sell the 2 players they brought as they just haven’t fitted well, and I’ve brought replacements.

3 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Luckily the board have left me to it since, they took over In the 5th season, just about to start the 7th.

I’m also just about to sell the 2 players they brought as they just haven’t fitted well, and I’ve brought replacements.

Who did they sign? I think you mentioned it before, if it was you, but I can't remember who they were.

The options I have in the front 4 now is quite frightening for the opposition and they're all still pretty yound

tj4x1NL.jpg

28 minutes ago, Powello said:

Who did they sign? I think you mentioned it before, if it was you, but I can't remember who they were.

The options I have in the front 4 now is quite frightening for the opposition and they're all still pretty yound

tj4x1NL.jpg

They signed Saul and Sule, both for 69 mil. They both did ok, but kind of unsettled the balance, and meant I shelved plans to sign one or 2 other players that I actually wanted.

Saul is now 30 and Sule will be 30 soon as well so both are going.

That is some great options. Bruno Fernandes has been incredible for me, gets so many assists.

Edited by sedge11

My first venture with 442 in season 23/24 worked a treat, went one better than 1999 and got the carabao cup. Defeated Liverpool in every competition including the CL final. Goals for my four strikers for the season:

Mbappe 44, Haaland 31, Rashford 34, Greenwood 21

Only blip was a 1-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge so keeps the invincible target still open

11 hours ago, sedge11 said:

They signed Saul and Sule, both for 69 mil. They both did ok, but kind of unsettled the balance, and meant I shelved plans to sign one or 2 other players that I actually wanted.

Saul is now 30 and Sule will be 30 soon as well so both are going.

That is some great options. Bruno Fernandes has been incredible for me, gets so many assists.

Saul is quality but I'm guessing you are like me and like to let players go when they get around the 30 mark to keep the squad young.

Yeah I now have pretty much 3 first team 11s I can put out and all are pretty strong

1 hour ago, Da7MUFC said:

My first venture with 442 in season 23/24 worked a treat, went one better than 1999 and got the carabao cup. Defeated Liverpool in every competition including the CL final. Goals for my four strikers for the season:

Mbappe 44, Haaland 31, Rashford 34, Greenwood 21

Only blip was a 1-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge so keeps the invincible target still open

Thats some great goal scoring numbers. I really want to try the 442 but I hear its an overpowered formation on this version, also I have a very cm heavy squad and I am loving my 4231 too much lol

Well I’ve started my preseason of my 3rd season and I’ve decided to try out a tweaked version of Toonarmy’s 4-3-2-1with a flat midfield as on if my tactics with a 4-3-1-2 and a 4-1-3-2 as the others and my midfield especially is looking pretty frightening.

ill probably have The tweaked 4-3-2-1as my starting tacting and the midfield and attack are:

Bruno- Ms, De Jong - DLPd, Pogba - APs

Rashford - IFa, Sancho - Wa and then Haaland - AFa

The PL has to be coming home to old Trafford this season

10 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Well I’ve started my preseason of my 3rd season and I’ve decided to try out a tweaked version of Toonarmy’s 4-3-2-1with a flat midfield as on if my tactics with a 4-3-1-2 and a 4-1-3-2 as the others and my midfield especially is looking pretty frightening.

ill probably have The tweaked 4-3-2-1as my starting tacting and the midfield and attack are:

Bruno- Ms, De Jong - DLPd, Pogba - APs

Rashford - IFa, Sancho - Wa and then Haaland - AFa

The PL has to be coming home to old Trafford this season

It should do with that attack :)