[FM20] Manchester United: Falling Giant...

stevemc

Just now, Gee_Simpson said:

Also, does he change the preset focus by himself or do you have to do it by yourself? 

To be honest I've never really paid attention to training when I've left it to him, only look at if players are improving lol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Powello said:

To be honest I've never really paid attention to training when I've left it to him, only look at if players are improving lol

Ah nice one, he must do well then :D I'll just make sure to bring in a good assistant. 

Just now, Gee_Simpson said:

Ah nice one, he must do well then :D I'll just make sure to bring in a good assistant. 

Phelan did fine for me, still does when I cba to do the training myself :) No idea if a better ass man would do them better, don't know how that works really

Extreme Youth Development Season 2 Review

Last season was all about doing as best as possible witht he points deduction, whereas this seaosn was pushing for promotion.I was pretty disappointed about how we did last seaspn, even more so now I have seen how @StePratt has done hahahaha :)

I said in the last review I was planning on creating a new tactic, in the end I just slightly tweaked the old tactic to try and get an improvement, and it worked quite well. All I did was change the AML from W-A to IW-A
If you look at the stats of Chong and Gomes near the bottom of this post, you can see it worked way better than last year, they swap sides during the match.

Ok so lets start with this so called Golden Generation" as they were described in the youth intake update.

nWW4yyn.jpg

Not exactly what they said but I can work with that, again no CBs of note apart form one with 3* potential who looks like he needs a lot of work

We did ok in the Cups, almost getting a Final appearance in the Carabao, the FA Cup not so good but again we held our own against the prem sides in both.

qn781hT.jpg          

kYM1kDH.jpg

But we improved massively in the Championship and missed out on the title only by a few points and if it wasn't for a bad 4 or 5 game run towards the end of the season we could have won it, but we are back in the Premier League next season which was where we need to be. The defence is going to need work though, although I think a lot of our goals conceded, that weren't from set pieces, were the mistake of Bishop. Hes not a great keeper, but for now unfortunatly he is the best we have. Dosso hasn't improved enough yet and probably needs another seaosn of development but he looks like he will be much better than Bishop thankfully.

v2sDwfN.jpg

Greenwood was once again the top scorer in the league and is wanted by a few teams, but hopefully now we are back in the prem, we can keep hold of him

raqOxj9.jpg
rTyeOOc.jpg

Our front three are quite deadly, well apart from Gomes, wish I had Sancho or Bellingham LOL

Now we have 3 seasons to win the league and the Champions league and get back to the top of the rankings, might have to win them twice in that time to get to the top, I don't know. Hope not haha.

I am actually working on a new tactic for the new season although I will be using both throughout the year. I want to try a different formation and a slightly different way of playing, mix it up a little, but it won't be so different to not be able to sqap during games.

Now the real fun and challenge starts as everyone in the top has improved, but I am confident we can get at least a Europa spot in the first season

Extreme Youth Development Challenge Season 3

Ooooh sounds very promising

vhTurvT.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, we finally have a CB of decent potential!, it's only taken 3 saves and about 9 youtih intakes lol and Stuart Lang is rated as a BWM but he could be retrained as a cb also with decent potential

8ig0get.jpg

drof3Gj.jpg

To be honest Lang could play in a variety of positions, he is going to be my Fletcher/O'Shea

6D6Fam5.jpg

And here is the top rated of the intake, he could be some player

HldxuQH.jpg

Just now, StePratt said:

Nice to see that there is hope for a good youth intake! You smash through seasons a lot quicker than I can, so i'll be playing catch up for a while. Congrats on the promotion @Powello

Yeah I was getting a bit boored of the rubbish intakes, was hoping it's not just a bug or something. Thankfully I am starting to see some good ones now.

Well I am 7 hours ahead of you, my girlfriends at work, I lost my job thanks to the virus and I am in lockdown. SO plenty of time on my hands hahaha.

Thanks man, it's a whole different ball game in the Prem, a lot harder than I though it would be.  Last seaosn I signed a few players like chong on new contracts but they had minimum release clauses which worried me, they were around 40-50m so nothing really high. Thankfully now we are in the prem they are happy to sign a new contract without any release clause

1 hour ago, Powello said:

Yeah I was getting a bit boored of the rubbish intakes, was hoping it's not just a bug or something. Thankfully I am starting to see some good ones now.

Well I am 7 hours ahead of you, my girlfriends at work, I lost my job thanks to the virus and I am in lockdown. SO plenty of time on my hands hahaha.

Thanks man, it's a whole different ball game in the Prem, a lot harder than I though it would be.  Last seaosn I signed a few players like chong on new contracts but they had minimum release clauses which worried me, they were around 40-50m so nothing really high. Thankfully now we are in the prem they are happy to sign a new contract without any release clause

Good to see you finally got a decent intake McAuley looks like he could be the CB the club deserves.

yeah new contracts all round and don’t worry lads it’s club policy that it’s signed in blood and the small print contains references to never leaving. It’s by the same guy who did the signing in forms for the Hotel California 

Edited by Zeonflux

20 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Good to see you finally got a decent intake McAuley looks like he could be the CB the club deserves.

yeah new contracts all round and don’t worry lads it’s club policy that it’s signed in blood and the small print contains references to never leaving. It’s by the same guy who did the signing in forms for the Hotel California 

Nooo Mcauley is definitely not a CB... He will be a mezzala or dlp, I'll train him for both

James and Lang will be CBS, well Lang will be CB, RB and Hb. He can play all 3.

4 minutes ago, Powello said:

Nooo Mcauley is definitely not a CB... He will be a mezzala or dlp, I'll train him for both

James and Lang will be CBS, well Lang will be CB, RB and Hb. He can play all 3.

Sorry fella I completely misread his profile, I was standing in the queue outside Sainsbury’s 

Haha good work on the social distancing 😂

😂 I kept the required 2 meters away from everyone one, besides people tend to keep away from you when they can hear heavy metal music blasting from your headphones 

1 minute ago, Zeonflux said:

😂 I kept the required 2 meters away from everyone one, besides people tend to keep away from you when they can hear heavy metal music blasting from your headphones 

Here, with me being the foreign one and most foreigners having already left, if I want people to move out of my way I just get close then start coughing as hard as I can.... they move pretty quickly after that lol

7 minutes ago, Powello said:

Here, with me being the foreign one and most foreigners having already left, if I want people to move out of my way I just get close then start coughing as hard as I can.... they move pretty quickly after that lol

I thought about doing it at the start of all this but decided not as knowing my luck I’d terrify a pregnant lady or something like that

I thought about doing it at the start of all this but decided not as knowing my luck I’d terrify a pregnant lady or something like that

hahaha, I only do it around younger people

Well start of preseason for season 4 and i've managed to sell Lindlof. Sanchez has retired and hopefully Fred is going to accept a contract from Galatasaray.

Also this was the result from the first friendly.

20200423150533_1.thumb.jpg.0bc3daf14f910b5c188ea912b8393e08.jpg

Finally just a quick update on Chambers, Hubbard and Sarmiento.

20200423150712_1.thumb.jpg.db3baa0a5ddebe53664a9b73ef9c8b48.jpg20200423150658_1.thumb.jpg.825efd647aba7850cb1f5baaf6e4a4f8.jpg20200423150649_1.thumb.jpg.ddd9a23827319e25d451e838784fb854.jpg

Extreme Youth Decelopment Season 3 Review

So we are back in the Premier League, I was looking forward to this seaosn. Not many changeswere made, just a bit of tactical tweaking.

The Cups

8g6B0Fg.jpg

Nothing special, but I don't reallt care about the doestic cups at the moment.

The League

YFHIhxL.jpg

A european spot came down to the last game of the season, we had to win and hope Sheff UTD and Spurs would slip up. Well those 2 both lost but so did we thanks to set pieces yet again. I swear I am close to stopping playing this game as literally 99% of the goals we concede are from set pieces and theres nothing I can do about it. It's ruining the fun for me. Set pieces have been a problem for so many years and still they can't fix it?

YFHIhxL.jpg

Anyway, finishing 8th is still a good finish for our first season back, just have to build on it next year. 2 seasons left of this challenge so we have to at least finish in the top 4 next season or we won't be able to win the champions league in time to complete it.

Once again Mason Greenwood was the leagues top scorer and I got him to sign a new long term contract :)

Squad Stats

42Bcnc8.jpg
dpReQ1w.jpg

Going to be a lot of prep work done in the summer, huge season ahead

4 minutes ago, Powello said:

Extreme Youth Decelopment Season 3 Review

So we are back in the Premier League, I was looking forward to this seaosn. Not many changeswere made, just a bit of tactical tweaking.

The Cups

8g6B0Fg.jpg

Nothing special, but I don't reallt care about the doestic cups at the moment.

The League

YFHIhxL.jpg

A european spot came down to the last game of the season, we had to win and hope Sheff UTD and Spurs would slip up. Well those 2 both lost but so did we thanks to set pieces yet again. I swear I am close to stopping playing this game as literally 99% of the goals we concede are from set pieces and theres nothing I can do about it. It's ruining the fun for me. Set pieces have been a problem for so many years and still they can't fix it?

YFHIhxL.jpg

Anyway, finishing 8th is still a good finish for our first season back, just have to build on it next year. 2 seasons left of this challenge so we have to at least finish in the top 4 next season or we won't be able to win the champions league in time to complete it.

Once again Mason Greenwood was the leagues top scorer and I got him to sign a new long term contract :)

Squad Stats

42Bcnc8.jpg
dpReQ1w.jpg

Going to be a lot of prep work done in the summer, huge season ahead

That is a fantastic first season back in the PL especially with the squad you have.

Greenwood doing bits again

2 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

That is a fantastic first season back in the PL especially with the squad you have.

Greenwood doing bits again

Yeah but so close to doing much better, I don't think I am going to be able to complete this challenge, 2 years to win the league and champions league with this squad is oushing it.

Greenwood is far too good, hope he becomes this good for real hahah

2 minutes ago, Powello said:

Yeah but so close to doing much better, I don't think I am going to be able to complete this challenge, 2 years to win the league and champions league with this squad is oushing it.

Greenwood is far too good, hope he becomes this good for real hahah

If he does then United are gonna be amazing. Mason, Marcus and Tony with Bruno is gonna be something to look forward to

If he does then United are gonna be amazing. Mason, Marcus and Tony with Bruno is gonna be something to look forward to

Mason Marcus and Jadon you mean :D

Mason Marcus and Jadon you mean :D

I’ve seen too many slip through to get too excited yet. I remember us nearly getting David Villa, Ronaldinho, Dybala, Haaland, Torres (way before he went to Liverpool) so I’ll start including Jadon if/when it happens

48 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

I’ve seen too many slip through to get too excited yet. I remember us nearly getting David Villa, Ronaldinho, Dybala, Haaland, Torres (way before he went to Liverpool) so I’ll start including Jadon if/when it happens

Yeah fair enough, though I am still a little excited at the thought of it hahaha

24 minutes ago, Jedd95 said:

Love the challenge you've started Powello! Top work!

Thanks man, it's a tough one. ARe you going to have a go/.

9 hours ago, Powello said:

Wolves have just triggered Gomes' release clause. £41.5m. Not bad normally but in these circumstances, nightmare. 

Was that with your 4231 again? @Powello I'm trying to get a 4231 working but finding it hard to get the striker to score regularly and it's getting annoying. I'm terrible at tactics, I can't really spot anything during a game. Despite being a fan of football for most of my life, I have always watched for entertainment purposes rather than from a tactical viewpoint, so I'm pretty useless at tactics. 

On 22/04/2020 at 07:32, Powello said:

This how we are doing by 30th of December, without the points deduction we would be 4th or 5th

OAq3fkg.jpg

Have to win pretty much every game left if we are to have a chance of playoffs really lol

gonna follow this- really interesting- if you can post some updates 

6 hours ago, StePratt said:

Wolves have just triggered Gomes' release clause. £41.5m. Not bad normally but in these circumstances, nightmare. 

Oh no, offer him a new contract. He must be firing for you still, hes still not great for me but getting better

3 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Was that with your 4231 again? @Powello I'm trying to get a 4231 working but finding it hard to get the striker to score regularly and it's getting annoying. I'm terrible at tactics, I can't really spot anything during a game. Despite being a fan of football for most of my life, I have always watched for entertainment purposes rather than from a tactical viewpoint, so I'm pretty useless at tactics. 

It was a mixture of the 4231 and 433

2 hours ago, pizzachips said:

gonna follow this- really interesting- if you can post some updates 

I have been plenty since that one 😁

It's official, I have turned this young United side into the Barcelona of the 2010 era, just had a corner agsinst Brighton and literally did a short corner, about 35 passes, at one point ending up back at our keeper, leading to a CCC but mason I think it was failed to finish the move off. Couldn't believe it when it ended up back at Bishop lol

I am actually trying to recreate their tactics from that era so it was kind of pleasing to watch, especially with the quality of this side. 

Might have finally found the perfect role for Gomes, hes been back from injury for 2 games and got 3 goals and 3 assists. Now to see if he can do it consistently.

Edited by Powello

3 hours ago, Powello said:

New HoYD, same outcome, golden generation mentioned again lol

mEcTv7b.jpg

No idea what to make of these any more

Yeah you are getting them on the reg.

By this point surely you can only classify it as a golden generation if you have 3/4 ready for immediate first team action

25 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Yeah you are getting them on the reg.

By this point surely you can only classify it as a golden generation if you have 3/4 ready for immediate first team action

Well this intake definitely isn't a golden generation, I'll post them up later in my seaosn review when I have the time. But I htink it's the worst intake so far

43 minutes ago, Powello said:

Well this intake definitely isn't a golden generation, I'll post them up later in my seaosn review when I have the time. But I htink it's the worst intake so far

Your HOYD clearly hates you and is trolling you into raising your hopes every year

3 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Your HOYD clearly hates you and is trolling you into raising your hopes every year

Haha well I lost my amazing one as we weren't doing well enough for his liking so this new one isn't the best

10 hours ago, Powello said:

Oh no, offer him a new contract. He must be firing for you still, hes still not great for me but getting better

It was a mixture of the 4231 and 433

I have been plenty since that one 😁

haha i noticed about 20 secs after my post- cheers for them!

Mixed start to the 4 season.

Im 3 for 3 in the league beating Bournemouth, Tottenham and Chelsea but lost to Liverpool and Juventus in the Charity shield and the super cup.

I fell that both of those were winnable, we were Liverpool’s equal but lost to a 89th minute Origi 30 yarder and we had better and more chances than Juventus but couldn’t put them away, having said that both Haaland and Greenwood are out injured so we’re suffering up front as we only have Martial to play up front (I still have Rashford but he’s not delivered up top and martial currently has 8 in 6 only failing to score against Liverpool.

Edited by Zeonflux

Extreme Youth Development Season 4 Review

*SPOILER ALERT*

It is now impossible for me to  complete this challenge, disappointing as it is my own challenge lol. We started the season fantastically and come December time we were sat in 4th spot, in good form, morale high and injury free...... And then the winter World Cup happened. By th etime it had ended and we were preparing for the first game back, we had a few injuries to key players, everyone was tired and not match fit, morale had dropped and perfomance levels in training, and ot make matters worse our first game back was against City away. I struggled to put a decent fit side together and we got battered 4-0, which reakky could and probably should have been 8+. Our away form all season wasn't great anyway but this was the catalyst to our downfall.

Technically we still did better in the league, we won more, got more points, conceded less, but with everyone spending big above us bringing in experienced quality to an already better squad than ours, it was always going to be tough.

mYAWTtY.jpg

As it was last year, really with this squad I should be very happy with getting 8th again, comparing our squads to the rest of the league, we are probably about the level of 12th or so. But this is not the challenge, I reckon if the challenege was 7 years and not 5 I would complete it, but thats not my rules haha.

Here was the cup performance not that I care or it really matters at all:

E3ksJlh.jpg

And here are the squad performances:

FxAZCCg.jpg
zi4fyv9.jpg

The youth intake was pretty much as expected, not what the HoYD said

Tn5D3Mv.jpg

What's Next?

I've really enjoyed this challenge, I'm disappointed in not completing it though. It is harder than I thought which is what I liked about it. AT times I have found some saves far too easy on this version, thats why I created this challenge. Not being able to sign players is the killer, I mean even if I was allowed to sign 1 player a year I would have completed it I reckon..

So what do I do now? hmmm..... I'm thinking I might have another crack at it, but not sure, maybe I need a change of teams. The ME is really annoying me, watching players do the exact opposite of what I tell them to do, conceding about 50 goals from set pieces every season, yet only scoring about 10, Williams gviving away a penalty pretty much every 5 games, players shooting form stupid angles rather than passing to someone with an open goal an unmarked.... The list could go on. I ended the season with just commentary for the last 7 pr 8 games before I broke my laptop :lol:

3 hours ago, StePratt said:

@Powello he was doing fantastic. Barlow has replaced him in the starting xi with a regen taking his place. Just been promoted, 7 games to go, 99 points. 

20200424121912_1.thumb.jpg.7a5304940c8188838644433177f451df.jpg

Nice work, you are doing way better than I did. Good luck for next season, it's pretty difficult

Extreme Youth Development Challenge Take 2

So I have decided I am not happy with how my first attempt at the challenge went, so I am starting it again. I have an idea for a new, even harder challenge next but I can't start it until I complete this one.

Below is the preview of the youth intake this season, the second line of this looks promising. But as we know, you can't really take anything they say on here as accurate

2Q0XK6l.jpg

On 17/04/2020 at 08:05, stevemc said:

Done...

ycqdxJv.jpg

How did you get on with Mbappe? I’m just starting Season 4 and have managed to sign him- £140m up front and £50m over 3 years.

I now have Haaland, Mbappe, Rashford and Greenwood to choose from. Maybe I need a 4-4-2...?

1 hour ago, Toonarmyfc said:

How did you get on with Mbappe? I’m just starting Season 4 and have managed to sign him- £140m up front and £50m over 3 years.

I now have Haaland, Mbappe, Rashford and Greenwood to choose from. Maybe I need a 4-4-2...?

When I had him Iused him on the AMR spot as an IF, scored a lot and assisted loads for greenwood, Rashford is not a striker for me, aml spot is his best position. I would do a 424 like @Ronaldo Beckham said, 

Haaland   Greenwood

Rashford                                           Mbappe

@Powello I guess it's based off luck considering that's how regens come through, imho i think you've done amazing to get to 8th with that team especially in the prem. Only a handful of players that could really make top division players so to even have a team that works like that is something else! I have a feeling a more balanced ME could've swang more your way.

I did a similar challenge not to long ago on FM17 (arguably the best ME in recent times) and with a slight difference is that I could buy players but they had to be under 23 and players cannot reach over 29 and had to be sold, took me about 4-5 seasons to win the league, was a good challenge 

4 minutes ago, BigV said:

@Powello I guess it's based off luck considering that's how regens come through, imho i think you've done amazing to get to 8th with that team especially in the prem. Only a handful of players that could really make top division players so to even have a team that works like that is something else! I have a feeling a more balanced ME could've swang more your way.

I did a similar challenge not to long ago on FM17 (arguably the best ME in recent times) and with a slight difference is that I could buy players but they had to be under 23 and players cannot reach over 29 and had to be sold, took me about 4-5 seasons to win the league, was a good challenge 

Yeah regens are pot luck. To be honest I was quite happy with getting 8th the first season up but I expected, wekk demanded improvement on that in the following seaosn and didn't get it . Plus when I take on a challenge I have to beat it , just how I roll hahaha. If the ME would have allowed my players to pass to playres in the 6 yeard box with an open goal instead of shooting from stupid angles then defeinitely would have got top 4 at least . I agree 17 was probably the best ME in the last few years.

These sorts of challenges are fun, it's too easy to win everythign with United as they are, hell it's too easy to win with most teams as they are, I play this game for a challenge, to make me think and express how I want the game to be played. To have a ME that doesn't allow me to do that is annoying, so I have to make my own challenges.

I did the same challenge as you not to long ago, just was only allowed to sign 2 players a season, was fun but not too hard.

When I finally complete this challenge, I have a much harder one planned. I actually have 2 in mind 1 hard, 1 probably not too difficult but should be fun.

Extreme Youth Development Challenge Take 2 Season 1 Review

Firstly damn I need to shorten that title lol. So after my first attempt at this challenge, I am determined to complete it this time. I have taken my time on the first seaosn, focusing on player development, going way more indepth than I usually do, but with not being able to buy players and leanring from my last failure, it is what's needed.

You saw my youth intake preview abpve, I was right, it wasn't very accurate. But he did get one right, the striker looks vert promising and when the candidates came, I signed him up straight away and got him training with the first team. 

CZss4PQ.jpg

The CB they said was promising is non existent. The LB thats the 2nd highest potential in the list is ok, and will be retrained as a CB, but he will take a lot of work.

This is the Striker he's been raving about and you can see why, but he's no Mason haha

CH4tvge.jpg

As far as the cups are concerned, I don't care at all about them for this challenge so I let Phelan take them. He managed to get to the 5th round of the FA Cup before being knocked out on penalties by Brighton after a 2-2 draw. In the Carabao Cup, he lost in the 2nd round  against Stoke.

The League

This is the one I care about and I learned a lot about tackling it form the last attempt at the challenge.I was determined to do much better than last time and get promoted first seaosns o I can have longer to tackle the Prem, I ran out of time to complete the last challenge attempt. 

I spent a lot of time creating a new tactic, trying to get the best I could out of this squad wuth an average age of 18. During games, I studied everything the opposition did, watched for weaknesses then changed the tactics to exploit them. Sounds exactly how a manager should work of course haha, but I usually just create the tactic, play the game and generally not pay much attention and just throw in a tweak or 2 and see what happens. Basically, I play to our strengths usually not try and counter the oppositions weaknesses.

Well  as you can see below, I definitely approached it right this time. The title racce came down to the final game, we Had to beat Charlton, anything less and Brentford could snatch it away from us. Brentfors won, but so did we 5-0! It was an impressive performance. Even Bishop, a player I have hated on the other save and not been shy to tell you all lol, he had a blinder, saving everything thrown at him.

5ClBzqj.jpg

I didn't expect to do so well, my targett was promotion through the playoffs, but we went on a long winning run. Between December and April, we won every game apart from 2 losses.

Greenwood, as per usual, was the standout performer scoring  39 goals in 45 games, 35 of them in the league to be top scorer. Not a surprise really, he's far too good on this version.

Aliou Traore was the guy who surprised me the most, I didn't really use him much on the last attempt, or any of my other United saves, but playing out on the left wing he was impressive most of the season. Seriously, develop him if you don't usually, he iis a lor better than you think, even if you don't play him much, you could fetch some money for him. Saying that he's only worth 975k at the moment, but another year performing like this, and in the prem, his value will rocket.

Squad Stats

05bgWwC.jpg
BD61iIL.jpg
VStQ5Ta.jpg

Bring on the prem next season!!!!

Edited by Powello

17 minutes ago, Powello said:

Extreme Youth Development Challenge Take 2 Season 1 Review

Firstly damn I need to shorten that title lol. So after my first attempt at this challenge, I am determined to complete it this time. I have taken my time on the first seaosn, focusing on player development, going way more indepth than I usually do, but with not being able to buy players and leanring from my last failure, it is what's needed.

You saw my youth intake preview abpve, I was right, it wasn't very accurate. But he did get one right, the striker looks vert promising and when the candidates came, I signed him up straight away and got him training with the first team. 

CZss4PQ.jpg

The CB they said was promising is non existent. The LB thats the 2nd highest potential in the list is ok, and will be retrained as a CB, but he will take a lot of work.

This is the Striker he's been raving about and you can see why, but he's no Mason haha

CH4tvge.jpg

As far as the cups are concerned, I don't care at all about them for this challenge so I let Phelan take them. He managed to get to the 5th round of the FA Cup before being knocked out on penalties by Brighton after a 2-2 draw. In the Carabao Cup, he lost in the 2nd round  against Stoke.

The League

This is the one I care about and I learned a lot about tackling it form the last attempt at the challenge.I was determined to do much better than last time and get promoted first seaosns o I can have longer to tackle the Prem, I ran out of time to complete the last challenge attempt. 

I spent a lot of time creating a new tactic, trying to get the best I could out of this squad wuth an average age of 18. During games, I studied everything the opposition did, watched for weaknesses then changed the tactics to exploit them. Sounds exactly how a manager should work of course haha, but I usually just create the tactic, play the game and generally not pay much attention and just throw in a tweak or 2 and see what happens. Basically, I play to our strengths usually not try and counter the oppositions weaknesses.

Well  as you can see below, I definitely approached it right this time. The title racce came down to the final game, we Had to beat Charlton, anything less and Brentford could snatch it away from us. Brentfors won, but so did we 5-0! It was an impressive performance. Even Bishop, a player I have hated on the other save and not been shy to tell you all lol, he had a blinder, saving everything thrown at him.

5ClBzqj.jpg

I didn't expect to do so well, my targett was promotion through the playoffs, but we went on a long winning run. Between December and April, we won every game apart from 2 losses.

Greenwood, as per usual, was the standout performer scoring  39 goals in 45 games, 35 of them in the league to be top scorer. Not a surprise really, he's far too good on this version.

Aliou Traore was the guy who surprised me the most, I didn't really use him much on the last attempt, or any of my other United saves, but playing out on the left wing he was impressive most of the season. Seriously, develop him if you don't usually, he iis a lor better than you think, even if you don't play him much, you could fetch some money for him. Saying that he's only worth 975k at the moment, but another year performing like this, and in the prem, his value will rocket.

Squad Stats

05bgWwC.jpg
BD61iIL.jpg
VStQ5Ta.jpg

Bring on the prem next season!!!!

Regarding your non existent CB months ago I read that players could be poached by other teams before your intake day but the game should tell you it happened.

if it does happen it should be in the players history that your one of his former clubs without you ever getting him.

having said that I saw this before the winter patch so it might have been removed

@Powello Nicely done on the promotion mate! I think season one promotion is the key to this challenge. Just finished Season 3

20200425180942_1.thumb.jpg.4370912698502ef764198e436256f39e.jpg

Not too bad, few too many draws and some disappointing defeats. Into Europe though. Happy with that.

20200425181025_1.thumb.jpg.e16fe6f2fff85a9dcb61115886b6c6ba.jpg

Mason was on fire again. Absolute club legend in the making.

20200425181128_1.thumb.jpg.0d7e9d1802e9b3a963a80ead9abb8fc7.jpg

Here's an overview of the squad. Some quite impressive regens coming through. Might carry this save on after the 5 year challenge has ended.

13 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Regarding your non existent CB months ago I read that players could be poached by other teams before your intake day but the game should tell you it happened.

if it does happen it should be in the players history that your one of his former clubs without you ever getting him.

having said that I saw this before the winter patch so it might have been removed

I have seen it happen on the last attempt at this challenge, a message popped up in like september time saying city had poached one of my players, it also showed a potential star rating, although it was grey, it clearly showed 3.5 stars, so who cares hahah.

First time I ever saw that, only heard about it a few days ago when someone posted about it happening to them.

I am guessing it was the left back they meant, just that they only knew it was a defender so they either guessed it's a CB or it automatically calls them a CB if it is a defender lol