will you start from scratch when FM20 launches?

will you start from scratch when FM20 launches?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. when will you start your 'proper' game?

• I will continue with the Beta save
    • I will start from scratch on release date
    • I don't know yet

13 minutos atrás, Dreambuilder disse:

+1. Thousands of youngsters broken. Even some talent in Brazil which was on a list I scanned had determination 1.

Yes. I am brazilian, so it was easy to identify some brazilian youngsters that definitely should not have determination 1

I am not mentally strong enough to ignore them :lol:

I never "play" the beta, just use it to familiarize myself with new features, interface and look at possible clubs to play as and possible players to go after.  

And install graphics (logos, faces, kits)

I try to restrain myself from playing a "real" save til after the first major match engine update.  

Edited by DominicForza

10 hours ago, extremeskins04 said:

Do we actually know if the determination problem will be fixed by launch?  Is there a launch day patch coming?

They said kind of that they are aware of and working on this problem.

Edited by Dreambuilder

Will continue with my BETA save.

I only want to two saves this year, my journeyman save I've started in BETA and when @Morrissey releases his fantasy lower league Scotland database I will start a second save with Vale of Clyde and take them all the way up to SPFL and Champions League.

That's it for me for FM20.

Thanks to my computer being extremely annoying with resetting itself and the full release being tomorrow anyway, i'm probably gonna start a new one shortly after release, with my own editor data thrown in there.

Seeing no reason for a new save. Game is fine for me and also they are continously improving the match engine. They just have to label some version the release version but this could also be Beta 3 or the first Beta could have been the release and now we get Patch Number 2, it doesnt matter, just a name. I play the latest version thats it. This determination thing doesnt bother me.

Edited by Defensive

1 hour ago, gothenburg83 said:

Depends if they’re going to resolve the rules issues with the Scottish leagues (Brexit rules and Betfred draw to name but two!)

What issues? Did four years with Motherwell and didn't notice anything wrong with the leagues/cup. 

Not doubting you just interested what you found.

The Longstaff brothers, each with DET of 5 or less, kind of dictates a restart.  For me, beta is always for experimenting and scouting .  I have a good tactic  and I've targeted a couple of key players to fill new roles so I'm good to go.  Even with the changes I've made in game, Newcastle are 7th with 8 games to go.

54 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

What issues? Did four years with Motherwell and didn't notice anything wrong with the leagues/cup. 

Not doubting you just interested what you found.

Betfred Cup draw not seeded in 2nd round

Brexit rules linked to English league rules, (which I guess may be the case in real life if Scotland doesn’t vote for independence before Brexit).

Neither are game-breakers tbf (although Brexit rules will make things tricky!!)

27 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Inspired by Loki's YouTube series?

Believe it or not, no.  As I actually became aware of his series only after I'd decided on that myself and I'd not heard of him prior to it.  That said, I've just binged the first season of his series and he is bloody hilarious!

Fort William are iconic in their own way though - they are quite famous for basically not being terribly good!

Not sure yet.

I started a save with Crewe and in my first season I won the League and the EFL Trophy, losing 4 matches in total in both competitions and breaking all the team records. The board loves me with a A+ rating and I'm a team favorite now. Hard to renounced to that but... I forgot to disable Brexit (and I hate the changes in the competition that we don't know yet if will be true or not) and got hit by it plus the CA bug has affected my save as well so I might restart. If I do, I won't do it with Crewe as I don't feel like playing the whole first season again.

Actually in the process of a League of Ireland save in FM 19. The most success I have had on that game I have got Limerick promoted and turned them into a strong LOI Premier side winning an Irish League Cup, 2 Munster cups and gaining Europa league qualification. I took them as far as I could and went to Shamrock and am on the verge of Europa league group qualification. Will finish that save before starting FM 2020. Very unusual for me as I usually have finished the previous version f a game and stopped playng for months before the next one comes out!

13 hours ago, Stevo_99 said:

Actually in the process of a League of Ireland save in FM 19. The most success I have had on that game I have got Limerick promoted and turned them into a strong LOI Premier side winning an Irish League Cup, 2 Munster cups and gaining Europa league qualification. I took them as far as I could and went to Shamrock and am on the verge of Europa league group qualification. Will finish that save before starting FM 2020. Very unusual for me as I usually have finished the previous version f a game and stopped playng for months before the next one comes out!

Nice. Always like to hear of LOI saves. I'm going to try cobh on FM touch when comes out. And Derry on full game. Newry in the north and then a Croatian team NK Osijek.

On 17/11/2019 at 16:31, Dreambuilder said:

All players without a preset determination get like determination 1 when starting a new game since patch 20.1..

So if I understand, any game started BEFORE patch 20.1 doesn't have this bug? I started mine when the BETA came out so I'm wondering if I'll be ok to continue this one

20 minutes ago, jesus_frit said:

So if I understand, any game started BEFORE patch 20.1 doesn't have this bug? I started mine when the BETA came out so I'm wondering if I'll be ok to continue this one

That's my understanding yes. I'm in the same boat.