Sports Interactive Community
extremeskins04

"I'm not prepared to go over this again"

Ah the famous "I'm not prepared to go over this again!" response, says the striker that just scored 2 goals and I wanted to congratulate him for it.

Is this response intended after praising a guy who scores goals?

Just now, Dreambuilder said:

I think it shouldnt give that reaction, but also no morale improvement after like the 3rd time..

Agreed.  I stopped giving praise unless it was a really outstanding performance.  Or if they played really badly then I would criticize.  

I think that you get this response if you have recently praised him and are doing so again- frankly it is not right and while you might get indifference to repeated praise, it is hard to understand how any employee will react like this in front of his boss.

The bottom line is that you need to use player praise pretty sparingly

I haven't experienced that myself. But, compared to that reaction, I'd prefer it if too much praise made a less professional or determined player more likely to become complacent, an ambitious player more likely to want to go to a bigger team (as they're obviously too good for this level if they're getting so much praise), or other similar negative, yet realistic, unintended outcomes. They could still act positively to the praise itself. But, too much praise too frequently should lead to other negative effects. 

Obviously, the above is a simplification - you'd still expect perfectionists to hold themselves to a high standard, and possibly not react that well to praise when they feel they haven't earned it. You wouldn't usually expect a full on meltdown though.

Edited by DementedHammer

This is a bug from FM19 - the same praise (training, last match etc.) over a short period of time i.e. a few weeks

3 hours ago, extremeskins04 said:

Is too much praise congratulating a player for scoring goals in each game?

In reality no, in the game, yes unfortunately.

I rarely talk to players individually like that , the potential morale boost usually isn't worth the risk of the hassle that can come with a negative reaction. 

I'm a moody, distant manager. If they get praise, they've scored a hat-trick in the Champions League final. In one half, carrying an injury. Over 35's only. 

What's the setting for the scenario though??? 

Are you sending the praise via a text message, because that would be alright.

If your getting dragged into an office every week just to get a thumbs up for a goal, it would become annoying, wouldn't have the same effect.

All I can think of is american shop assistant keeps saying "have a nice day" doesn't sound genuine after a while. More robotic.

I only ever praise players if they've literally only got a 9 rating, strikers are meant to score goals so if mine scores 2 in game, great he's doing his job. I might praise a keeper if he wins us the game be it saving a penalty or having an absolute barn stormer of a game. It's like Russian roulette with morale when you praise players in FM

It's fine to praise players as long as you don't over do it to often,praising them builds up moral which makes for happy squad

6 hours ago, FrazT said:

I think that you get this response if you have recently praised him and are doing so again- frankly it is not right and while you might get indifference to repeated praise, it is hard to understand how any employee will react like this in front of his boss.

The bottom line is that you need to use player praise pretty sparingly

Unfortunately it's game logic [we cannot have praise work too well, so we will punish people for using it too much] rather than human logic

Regardless, it would make far more sense for players to become slightly complacent if overpraised rather than to feel they have been treated too fairly...

Only really had this with players with poor temperament/professionalism. One of the reasons I don't sign them. Anyone with volatile etc. in their information, isn't even considered. 

Before giving any praise, I check the Interactions menu in their profiles to see what was the last time I talked to them. And I won't talk to them two times in the same month. Be it praise of training, game performance or whatever. Just one per month. And this never happens.

Edited by 99

34 minutes ago, 99 said:

Before giving any praise, I check the Interactions menu in their profiles to see what was the last time I talked to them. And I won't talk to them two times in the same month. Be it praise of training, game performance or whatever. Just one per month. And this never happens.

Will do man.  Thank you.

47 minutes ago, 99 said:

Tip of the day! I always struggle to remember when I praised them.

7 hours ago, Declan Cahill said:

What's the setting for the scenario though??? 

Are you sending the praise via a text message, because that would be alright.

If your getting dragged into an office every week just to get a thumbs up for a goal, it would become annoying, wouldn't have the same effect.

All I can think of is american shop assistant keeps saying "have a nice day" doesn't sound genuine after a while. More robotic.

Text messages were so 2015 :kriss:

It’s  WhatsApp now :brock:

I very rarely praise a player directly, instead look for chances to do it in press conferences, or when they win an award or significant international event (first call up, first goal, etc).

First rule of team talk/player interactions - try not to make things WORSE

Lao Tzu's "govern a country as you would cook a small fish" philosophy. 

9 hours ago, Nonlondoner said:

I'm a moody, distant manager. If they get praise, they've scored a hat-trick in the Champions League final. In one half, carrying an injury. Over 35's only. 

Same. I avoid interaction as much as humanly possible since the reactions make zero sense across the board. 

Thank you for bringing this up, I even stop praising training performances in the 9's because I will inevitably get this.

I only use the praise shout in game for incredible goals/assists and for goals that draw us level or are the winner, that's the only time the players aren't rude a-holes.

4 hours ago, 99 said:

Nice workaround that hopefully you soon won't have to do anymore 

5 hours ago, 99 said:

You really shouldn't have to do this, but I think that this is the only way to be sure not to get a negative reaction to praise, which is quite sad.

2 horas atrás, FrazT disse:

You really shouldn't have to do this, but I think that this is the only way to be sure not to get a negative reaction to praise, which is quite sad.

3 horas atrás, tarzanofmars disse:

Nice workaround that hopefully you soon won't have to do anymore 

Indeed we shouldn't have to do this, but I found to be the safest way honestly... maybe it will get fixed in a near future version.

Like the rest of the player and media interactions, it's been the same half-arsed nonsense for about 15 years. The same options, word for word, and the same counterintuitive, arbitrary, unrewarding responses. All that's changed is that there are now more of them to wade through. They add roughly naff all that is positive to the game experience.

Edited by ceefax the cat

No critisism is enough praise.

:D

On 17/11/2019 at 06:19, extremeskins04 said:

Ah the famous "I'm not prepared to go over this again!" response, says the striker that just scored 2 goals and I wanted to congratulate him for it.

Is this response intended after praising a guy who scores goals?

Player reactions are one of my big frustrations. No way respect or otherwise a player would react in the way some of these guys do. IF they did the manager would have them out asap and the whole dynamics thing wouldn't be an issue because good solid pro's would understand and privately agree. 

If I get told off by my own striker for praising him again I'll scream LOL