FM20 Quality Regens from Minnow Nations

It's normally fairly rare to get a wonderkid from a minnow nation on the game, however Miles Jacobson announced that more players will have 2nd nationalities, to reflect real life in FM20.

Therefore i'm expecting to see more come through, has anyone had one yet?

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/11/2019 at 18:07, ryanlion28 said:

It's normally fairly rare to get a wonderkid from a minnow nation on the game, however Miles Jacobson announced that more players will have 2nd nationalities, to reflect real life in FM20.

Therefore i'm expecting to see more come through, has anyone had one yet?

Sadly this 'feature' is not working correctly and in fact, even less newgens have second nationalities.

• 4 weeks later...

Dutch and Indonesian nationalities.. (Born Indonesia, declared for Holland)    I've also god a Swiss/Georgian AMC that's looking half decent

edit to add.. and a Polish/Swedish defender... 

kk.png

4 minutes ago, Pattric_b said:

Because it’s rarer. 

Seems like a trivial criteria, why not go even further if that sort of thing gets you guys going?

By the way I'm not trying to take any fun away from anyone, I just genuinely don't see the point of it, even after your explanation. 

15 minutes ago, Baodan said:

Seems like a trivial criteria, why not go even further if that sort of thing gets you guys going?

By the way I'm not trying to take any fun away from anyone, I just genuinely don't see the point of it, even after your explanation. 

It's kinda fun to spot these kids who have literally come out of nowhere, from nations that don't have much history in football at club or country level.

Right now in my game (just about to hit 2024) the best 10 newgens in the world are Brazilian, English/Welsh, Brazilian, Brazilian, Brazilian, Brazilian, Argentine, Russian, German, Belgian... so when someone from Kosovo, Gibralta, Malta, San Marino etc pops up in the worlds best young players you KNOW it's exceptionally rate.

It's also pretty cool if you spot that one kid, and then track their progress to see if they help that minnow nation to actually achieve something.

Edited by LokiValfar

23 minutes ago, Baodan said:

I’m not trying to convince you to See the point nor do I think you’re taking away the fun of the game. You just asked a question and I answered 🤷‍♂️

@LokiValfar answer was a little more detailed and explained better. Finding a good player from a random nation like Belize or India is so rare and a nice change of pace from the usual German and French beasts

4 hours ago, Baodan said:

Why the fascination with quality regens from minnow nations as opposed to quality regens in general?

because there's small chance of world/continental quality regen from minor countries so it's nice to see a wonderkid from Asia/north america or Oceania.

39 minutes ago, Grifty said:

I’ve noticed quite a few players from Bermuda starting off a London clubs in my save. No worldies, but some solid League 1 players. I’ve got 3 of them in my squad now 

You'll find that a lot with Bermuda being a British Overseas Territory.

I've been more surprised by the amount of Kosovan/English players coming through. Not seen any handy ones in FM20 yet but I remember having one in FM19.

On 06/01/2020 at 10:11, Baodan said:

Why the fascination with quality regens from minnow nations as opposed to quality regens in general?

Because in general I have a hobby with following the game in 'minnow' nations and watching the game grow in them countries.

For Football Manager reasons, because like people above said, it's rarer, and there's plenty of threads where we can see world class French wonderkids.

It also shows an element to the game that's just another example of attention to detail from Football Manager, for me to see out of the blue a Rwandan wonderkid come through from a random Rwandan football league club is fascinating to me and shows that it's not always just about solely scouting Brazil/Argentina etc.

There's a reason most mega clubs have academies in most countries in the world

Edited by ryanlion28

8 hours ago, ryanlion28 said:

Because in general I have a hobby with following the game in 'minnow' nations and watching the game grow in them countries.

For Football Manager reasons, because like people above said, it's rarer, and there's plenty of threads where we can see world class French wonderkids.

It also shows an element to the game that's just another example of attention to detail from Football Manager, for me to see out of the blue a Rwandan wonderkid come through from a random Rwandan football league club is fascinating to me and shows that it's not always just about solely scouting Brazil/Argentina etc.

On 06/01/2020 at 14:38, Baodan said:

8 hours ago, ryanlion28 said:

Sounds awesome. I might try this.

12 hours ago, ryanlion28 said:

Go further to what extent?

Hasn't everyone provided perfectly justifiable answers to why this interests us

You have and that's why I asked the follow-up question.

I myself enjoy seeing talented players from exotic countries but I like talent in general more than rare foreign flags. So if you enjoy quality players from minnow nations because you find the rarity fascinating, then why not look for even more unique and rare players?

Why not only look at minor clubs in minnow nations, since them producing quality players is even more rare than the big clubs in the same country. There's generally fewer goalkeepers than outfield players, and fewer still who are equally good with both feet, so why not go even deeper, if rare and unique is your thing?

Edited by Baodan

56 minutes ago, Baodan said:

You have and that's why I asked the follow-up question.

I myself enjoy seeing talented players from exotic countries but I like talent in general more than rare foreign flags. So if you enjoy quality players from minnow nations because you find the rarity fascinating, then why not look for even more unique and rare players?

Why not only look at minor clubs in minnow nations, since them producing quality players is even more rare than the big clubs in the same country. There's generally fewer goalkeepers than outfield players, and fewer still who are equally good with both feet, so why not go even deeper, if rare and unique is your thing?

Because everyone is looking for the shiny version because it's rarer. Looking at only minnow clubs is quite not the same is it? "Look at this amazing Papua New Guinean striker i found. He is from Alotau, not Port Moresby, that is much rarer" doesn't quite have the same sound to is as "An amazing striker from Papua New Guinea tearing it up for Barcelona". Who cares what city he is from?

Mostly, country is a way of identifying a player. He will play for the national side, perhaps leading them to some form of glory. It doesn't matter what city he is from, what position or any other attribute.

6 minutes ago, XaW said:

Because everyone is looking for the shiny version because it's rarer.

You once again make me wonder why you don't look for even shinier versions, since that's obviously the goal, despite what you go on to write.

7 minutes ago, XaW said:

Looking at only minnow clubs is quite not the same is it?

Minor club or minor country, apart from a flag in the corner of a profile, its pretty much the same thing.

9 minutes ago, XaW said:

"Look at this amazing Papua New Guinean striker i found. He is from Alotau, not Port Moresby, that is much rarer" doesn't quite have the same sound to is as "An amazing striker from Papua New Guinea tearing it up for Barcelona". Who cares what city he is from?

It sounds exactly like what you guys are into, as far as I can tell from the Minnow talent threads. Rare and shiny beats common and bland.

Mostly, talent and performance is a way of identifying a player. He will play for the national side, perhaps leading them to some form of glory. It doesn't matter what country he is from, what position or any other attribute.

7 minutes ago, Baodan said:

You once again make me wonder why you don't look for even shinier versions, since that's obviously the goal, despite what you go on to write.

We are looking for Unicorns, not a Unicorn that farts rainbows and vomits wonderkids.

8 minutes ago, Baodan said:

Minor club or minor country, apart from a flag in the corner of a profile, its pretty much the same thing.

Much easier to isolate based on country.

9 minutes ago, Baodan said:

It sounds exactly like what you guys are into, as far as I can tell from the Minnow talent threads. Rare and shiny beats common and bland.

Mostly, talent and performance is a way of identifying a player. He will play for the national side, perhaps leading them to some form of glory. It doesn't matter what country he is from, what position or any other attribute.

The is masochism and there is chopping of limbs, there is a difference. This is like asking people who collects things why they are not collecting things that are harder to get. "Stamps? Pfft, why not collect secret classified government documents, they are harder to come by". The people in this thread have decided this is a fun thing to look for since it's rare, but quite easy to spot when it happens. Why not let us enjoy it? If you want to collect Zimbabweans from small towns without electricity that have low determination, male pattern baldness, and horrible right feet, then go ahead. This is a thread for good newgens from small countries.

47 minutes ago, XaW said:

This is like asking people who collects things why they are not collecting things that are harder to get. "Stamps? Pfft, why not collect secret classified government documents, they are harder to come by".

More like; "So you collect stamps but only rare and shiny stamps from minnow nations? So rarity is a key factor? Why not collect from years with fewer stamps produced, or in what ever color is the least frequent?".

I'm not leaving the field of rare football talent in our minnow nation discussion, so classified government documents is maybe going a bit far...

If you want to collect Zimbabweans from small towns without electricity that have low determination, male pattern baldness, and horrible right feet, then go ahead.

This is in effect what you guys are doing, not me, so its a bit of a weird point to make.

The people in this thread have decided this is a fun thing to look for since it's rare, but quite easy to spot when it happens. Why not let us enjoy it?

On 06/01/2020 at 14:38, Baodan said:

Edited by Baodan

26 minutes ago, Baodan said:

And yet, here we are.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Because everyone is looking for the shiny version because it's rarer.

Exactly! Finding a great regen from a smaller nation is like unpacking a shiny mewtwo :D

Maybe it is an FM fetish but I enjoy developing players that can carry a small country to glory.

20 minutes ago, XaW said:

And yet, here we are.

Come on now, I didn't force you into this discussion. I was just trying to learn why you guys are so selective in what you find rare and shiny, since rarity apparently doesn't play as big apart as you say. I'll end my inquiry here, to honor my earlier statement.

Just now, Baodan said:

Come on now, I didn't force you into this discussion. I was just trying to learn why you guys are so selective in what you find rare and shiny, since rarity apparently doesn't play as big apart as you say. I'll end my inquiry here, to honor my earlier statement.

Both I and several others have explained we like newgens from minnow nations and that is feels like finding a shiny. And country is our selected "level" rarity because nationality is one of the easier way to distinguish between players. There's not that much more to it.

12 minutes ago, XaW said:

Both I and several others have explained we like newgens from minnow nations and that is feels like finding a shiny. And country is our selected "level" rarity because nationality is one of the easier way to distinguish between players. There's not that much more to it.

It seems obvious that there is in fact more to it, but I'm not gonna press it any further.

1 hour ago, Baodan said:

It seems obvious that there is in fact more to it, but I'm not gonna press it any further.

There could be for some, but honestly, that's all there is to it for me.

On 05/01/2020 at 11:18, Nolopola said:

Just got recommend this guy by my scouts. Generated at Bologna with no second nationalities. 

20200105121238_1.thumb.jpg.6ea1b88e880a271c038e699d937e1ae9.jpg

I wonder if Bologna randomly have a feeder club in Gibraltar?

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/01/2020 at 19:01, rinso said:

Dutch and Indonesian nationalities.. (Born Indonesia, declared for Holland)    I've also god a Swiss/Georgian AMC that's looking half decent

edit to add.. and a Polish/Swedish defender... 

kk.png

here's the swiss/georgian amc now..  

sop.png

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, ryanlion28 said:

Now Football Manager is getting played a lot more due to us all being stuck indoors, has anyone found anymore new regens  from minnow nations?

Although both have secondary nationalities, their primary nations are Luxembourg and Angola :)

Adel da Graça_ Profile.png

Diogo Mulenessa_ Profile.png

18 minutes ago, Mitchutd said:

Although both have secondary nationalities, their primary nations are Luxembourg and Angola :)

Adel da Graça_ Profile.png

Diogo Mulenessa_ Profile.png

Angola pretty common on fm due to Portuguese influence! Luxembourg less so though