Sports Interactive Community

I recently bought FM20, the game itself says it can run on my PC on 5 stars. However, as soon as I get into the game engine the FPS drops, I encounter FPS lag/drops, FM19 ran perfectly, very high FPS but FM20's game engine seems to encounter severe issues on my PC.

Specs:

1050ti 4gb

i7-3770

8GB Ram.

Same for me, can´t play the game for more than 30m without getting frustrated. In 3d match it works at stable 60fps but outside that, it sits on 15 fps and will go up when I do stuff but it is unplayable.

I checked with msi program and the game never uses more than 10% of my cpu and 20% of my ram so clearly there is a problem.

We've released the full version which should have improvements. Please bear in mind the game is not designed to run at high fps outside matches, so any fps outside of matches can be ignored.

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

We've released the full version which should have improvements. Please bear in mind the game is not designed to run at high fps outside matches, so any fps outside of matches can be ignored.

Thanks. 

It's still same on the full version aswell. 15 Fps on everywhere except matches. Matches also capped 60 Fps. This is not acceptable. Please dont tell us game is not designed to be that way because just before the 20.1.0 it was not like this, even on the menus you could get easily 144 Hz, on matches aswell. Having 15 Fps on everywhere except matches just feels bad really.

Yeah, having the same issue. On FM19 I was getting around 40-60 FPS while hovering through the menues and off-match screens. On the matches everything runs well, but we all know how little time you spend watching the games...

Now im stuck at 14 FPS in the menues which is so far away from smooth it can get. And don't even make a difference if I play in windowed-mode or fullscreen. 

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Thanks. 

Check the screenshots i attached, you can see FPS on top left. Before 20.1.0 everywhere i could get 144 Fps, now im stuck 14 Fps on outside matches which i spend my %95 time on.

before 2.1.0.png

2.1.2 2.1.3.png

This is an intentional change, and it shouldn't have shipped running at 144Hz on static screens - that was the bug, it is a waste of power/time, and we had big issues with draining peoples batteries extremely quickly! It makes no difference on a static screen if it is 15 or 144Hz, nothing is moviing, when you transition screens the animations will go back to 60 for the duration of the animation to make that smooth (but possibly too quick to even be noticable by an fps counter).

1 hour ago, EdL said:

This is an intentional change, and it shouldn't have shipped running at 144Hz on static screens - that was the bug, it is a waste of power/time, and we had big issues with draining peoples batteries extremely quickly! It makes no difference on a static screen if it is 15 or 144Hz, nothing is moviing, when you transition screens the animations will go back to 60 for the duration of the animation to make that smooth (but possibly too quick to even be noticable by an fps counter).

Hello

You guys in the SI team aware of this issue ? 

Edited by GOODNAME

12 hours ago, EdL said:

Well, at least we have an answer now. Would it be possible to give users a chance to select unlimited Fps even on static screens? While i understand that people play this game on laptops with limited battery but it would be cool to have the unlimit option for desktop users.

2 hours ago, Empyrium said:

Well, at least we have an answer now. Would it be possible to give users a chance to select unlimited Fps even on static screens? While i understand that people play this game on laptops with limited battery but it would be cool to have the unlimit option for desktop users.

It's a static screen, so won't make any positive difference. Won't look or react any better. The only thing it'd do is put more demands on your system - unnecessarily. 

On 20/11/2019 at 13:48, Neil Brock said:

It's a static screen, so won't make any positive difference. Won't look or react any better. The only thing it'd do is put more demands on your system - unnecessarily. 

Hovering over fixtures in the schedule menu to highlight them is laggy. Unsure this is due to the low FPS im getting on that screen, but it's certainly laggy and I'm not sure why?

On 20/11/2019 at 06:48, Neil Brock said:

I have incredible lag when I'm moving my mouse around or hovering over items and it is very frustrating. Clearly this issue is bothering a lot of people and is worth looking in to. It isn't enjoyable to play like this.

As someone who isn't playing on a laptop, the last thing I care about is reducing the frame rates to increase battery life

On 20/11/2019 at 16:48, Neil Brock said:

The video shows that a sharp jump in fps when moving the mouse and decrease on a static screen cause lags. With stable fps everything was smooth.

Edited by Saturn

I have exactly the same issue - laggy responsiveness to selecting menu items and generally navigating  the interface.  Just bought the game today and genuinely considering a refund unless this is fixed - can anyone from SI help?  Match engine is fine, it's just menu responsive. 

37 minutes ago, DMJ1987 said:

I have exactly the same issue - laggy responsiveness to selecting menu items and generally navigating  the interface.  Just bought the game today and genuinely considering a refund unless this is fixed - can anyone from SI help?  Match engine is fine, it's just menu responsive. 

They took the complaint for consideration.

I also have this issue. When i move my mouse over players names or the side bar icons everything is lagging just like the video above. 

On 14/12/2019 at 17:54, Eskiboy said:

I also have this issue. When i move my mouse over players names or the side bar icons everything is lagging just like the video above. 

Could I get you to please make your own thread if the problem persists so we can keep track of it. 

As you can see from above, the team are still looking into this, and when a solution appears we will notify everyone as quickly as possible.