Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
iacovone

How would you retrain this regen?

So this guy just came through my youth academy and is rated as the best prospect of the bunch. The thing is, I don't feel his attributes match his AML position. He's a great passer/technician and it seems to me I should retrain him. Where do you guys see him playing? 

Screenshot (1).png

That's a tricky one. Maybe a false nine, if your tactic uses one. Or a pressing forward who can also create. Might even do a job as an inverted winger, if you can improve his dribbling a bit. 

That vision's always going to be an issue, not much future for him in a creative role. Concentration worrying, too. Weaknesses really undermines his one standout attribute, unfortunately.

You could go many ways here. A winger (in which case you focus on his crossing in particular). An IF (then you focus on his finishing and train as a right winger). A playmaker (in which case you need to focus on vision). He looks like he has a lot of scope to grow, but he is not ideal to any role. You need to focus some development into one of his weak areas.

Looks like an attack-minded box to box midfielder to me [I'd train him on his defensive weaknesses] but apart from his crossing which should improve by 3+ points looking at that potential, he ticks all the wide player boxes

Positioning and tackling are too low for him to be a BBM. Passing is great for a playmaker, but vision not so much. I'd just train him as an IF/IW on focus on his finishing/final third.

On 18/11/2019 at 11:55, FabianJonsson said:

I would also keep him as a left winger and focus on developing his final ball (crossing).

How to focus on crossing though? There is no crossing as personal training. Would you just plan in more wing play as team training or is there another way?  

He's fine as a Winger really, the lack of Vision hurts more than the lack of Crossing.  

Check the stat block on the Wide Target Man and you might like what you see, now whether or not your system will work with that...  (Will want an Underlap on his side from an attacking player IWB(A), CM(A), etc. or get him to Cut Inside/Move into Channel)