Sports Interactive Community
dansully-

FM 2020 won't launch since promotion of first hotfix

http://support.sega.co.uk/hc/requests/317815 - A ticket already exists this issue which has been occurring since the 6th of November. I've been emailing support, but the replies are sporadic at best with the proposed solutions not having any effect. Understandably, this is a beta release and issues can't be avoided, but I would've hoped that this issue wouldn't have taken more than 10 days to resolve.

Since the first hotfix was pushed out after the beta was released, I've been unable to launch Football Manager 2020. Everything worked fine during the initial release. This seems to be an application-specific issue due to the fact that all other games (including previous Football Manager releases) work just fine. This doesn't seem to be isolated to just me either as I've noticed other users complain about the same issue.

When launching through steam, the "Play" button changes to "Stop" for roughly 5 seconds before changing back to "Play". The game also appears in the task manager during this time period. Things I have tried but have been unsuccessful include:
- Updating my drivers to the latest versions. 
- Deleting preferences and cache folders.
- Verifying game cache through Steam.
- Ensuring Football Manager 2020 & Steam are installed in the correct locations.
- Re-installing Steam and FM 2020.
- Setting the --user_data_location launch option.
- Running the repair.NET tool.
- Updating DirectX as per the instructions.
- Setting the --no_exclusive_fullscreen launch option.
- Setting the --config_very_low launch option.
- Verified that no anti-virus was interfering with the launch.
- Complete re-install of my GPU.
- Using latest build of FM 2020.
- Opting-in to public beta version of FM 2020

Please advise on how to proceed.

Belarc Advisor - Computer Profile.html DxDiag.txt msinfo.txt

Edited by dansully-

2 hours ago, TottenhamBoi90 said:

does your game launch at all? I have a problem where it launches kind of in window mode but you cant move it or change the size or anything

No. To an inexperienced user, it would appear as if they never pressed the launch button.

On 18/11/2019 at 14:43, Jimmy Wong said:

Can you try all of the troubleshooting methods on this link, please? https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2274-IFLV-5334

Out of interest do you have any device which could potentially be logged into the same Steam account? 

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

I have tried all of those steps but to no avail.

I also tried resetting my PC and losing all my installed apps in the process, the problem still persisted. 

Edit: Before it's mentioned - yes, I tried the most recent update and the game still wont launch (build number: 4404464).

I installed steam and FM 2020 on a separate PC and it worked first time. The problem is I can't use that PC.

Edited by dansully-

I am having the exact same issues over here, where the play button in the Steam app changes to cancel when i launch Football Manager 2020 for 5-6 seconds and then back to Play while nothing is happening on my screen. I have tried all of the troubleshooting methods and all of the things listed by dansully- aswell. I have pre-ordered the game when it was first announced and quite frankly i feel ripped off as i haven't been able to try out the beta or carry over my saved file to the real game on launch.

I have literally the same issue, where it won't launch at all and have tried all the solutions from launch options to direct x and installing the update. Would also appreciate a solution as with the above users, as it worked for 2 days with beta and then has not since.

Okay we were aware of some problems yesterday which should hopefully be fixed now - can you please try again and see if it works for you now? 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Okay we were aware of some problems yesterday which should hopefully be fixed now - can you please try again and see if it works for you now? 

That didn't work, the same issue is still occurring.

Here is the windows reliability report from the crash:

Source
Football Manager 2020 20.1.3-1317497 (staging)

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎20-‎Nov-‎19 2:18 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2020\fm.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    fm.exe
Application Version:    20.1.3.0
Application Timestamp:    5dd3eb68
Fault Module Name:    fm.exe
Fault Module Version:    20.1.3.0
Fault Module Timestamp:    5dd3eb68
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    0000000013174cb5
OS Version:    10.0.18363.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    ec4f
Additional Information 2:    ec4fd633730dfed622df3aab05a16fa4
Additional Information 3:    1ab2
Additional Information 4:    1ab2fb61da99356b7db2202e4911fa7b

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    0bbddc36052220d1bfe739e4257620b0 (2298869786839752880)

Edited by dansully-

7 minutes ago, dansully- said:

I tried running the game on the latest build (4409484) and the issue is still occurring. 

We just updated the game so can you update us? 

3 hours ago, CrispyF95 said:

I'm having the same issues. Any fix please?

2 minutes ago, SaifAlZaffin said:

Nope, it's still not working on my PC. But, I downloaded it on my laptop and it works fine for some reason.

Can you post your own threads please - its confusing to filter out where individual people are at otherwise.

Just now, Lucas said:

We just updated the game so can you update us? 

Can you post your own threads please - its confusing to filter out where individual people are at otherwise.

It's still not working.

At this stage we would suggest reinstalling Windows - as you're on Windows 10 this is a relatively quick process. Please back up any important files before doing so.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

On 22/11/2019 at 17:24, Neil Brock said:

At this stage we would suggest reinstalling Windows - as you're on Windows 10 this is a relatively quick process. Please back up any important files before doing so.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

I was reluctant to perform this step (although I was confident it would remedy the issue), but I did and it worked.

Thanks for your help and support. Much appreciated. 

在 2019/11/25 在 AM10点48分, dansully-说:

I was reluctant to perform this step (although I was confident it would remedy the issue), but I did and it worked.

Thanks for your help and support. Much appreciated. 

To help solving this issue, can you see if you have the following two folders on your pc, please? 

C:\Users\Public

C:\Users\Their Windows Username\Pictures

Let us know how you get on, please, thanks.

On 28/11/2019 at 15:19, Jimmy Wong said:

To help solving this issue, can you see if you have the following two folders on your pc, please? 

C:\Users\Public

C:\Users\Their Windows Username\Pictures

Let us know how you get on, please, thanks.

Hi Jimmy,

Yes, both of those folders exist.

在 2019/12/2 在 PM3点07分, dansully-说:

Hi Jimmy,

Yes, both of those folders exist.

Thanks for your info, it was helpful for our investigation.

Hi everyone, we have just released a new update 20.2.0. Can you see if this is still happening on the latest version, please?

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

Just started happening to me... exactly the same as everyone else, I click play, it goes to launching and then reverts back to play about 5 seconds later... 

On 10/12/2019 at 13:27, JordK3 said:

Just started happening to me... exactly the same as everyone else, I click play, it goes to launching and then reverts back to play about 5 seconds later... 

Hi Jord, 

Sorry to hear that, but would you be able to start a new thread with your issue? It'll be easier for us to keep track.

We are most likely going to give the same answers above if t's the same issue, so please make sure you've tried the suggestions in this thread first.

Thanks.

Yeah today i can`t too start the game. I click on play button and do nothing. Also in task manager the game isn`t there, Please help

On 14/12/2019 at 15:54, Vvasilev said:

Yeah today i can`t too start the game. I click on play button and do nothing. Also in task manager the game isn`t there, Please help

To quote what I said above, 

Would you be able to start a new thread with your issue? It'll be easier for us to keep track.

We are most likely going to give the same answers above if t's the same issue, so please make sure you've tried the suggestions in this thread first.

Thanks.