Update: New laptop !My 25-year marriage with CM/FM has come to an end...... Update: Remarried again !

I don't own a 64-bit-laptop, so unfortunately can't play FM20.... I can't buy a new one right now.... 

SI..... why didn't you release it in 32-bit ? You're losing a lot of dinosaurs of the game I think..

I could do crowdfunding I suppose for a new laptop...

Excuse me for being a little sarcastic but i'm a little sad I cant play the newest FM anymore

31 minutes ago, Scoham said:

Why not buy it on Google Stadia?

That's certainly an option.... 

I already bought a copy of FM20 (every year a no-brainer...) without looking at the specs... .not realizing I couldn't play it on my laptop anymore.... that's maybe a little stupid haha

• SI Staff

The CPU will not be 32bit, no processor that can play the game is 32bit only so you should be able to install 64bit windows, however the caveat is possibly some of the drivers for the hardware might not have 64bit driver support, If you give us the model of laptop we might be able to advise further.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, pizzachips said:

im a 32 bit and it works pretty much like FM19 for me.

play with the settings in game i.e lower graphics etc

You aren't ;) There is no 32bit binary so the game cannot run on 32bit systems.

1 hour ago, EdL said:

The CPU will not be 32bit, no processor that can play the game is 32bit only so you should be able to install 64bit windows, however the caveat is possibly some of the drivers for the hardware might not have 64bit driver support, If you give us the model of laptop we might be able to advise further.

EdL: here's the system information

------------------
System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 11/16/2019, 18:05:54
             Machine name: MSI-CR720
               Machine Id: {7252F158-FFA8-414D-8F99-F2728D782D12}
         Operating System: Windows 10 Home 32-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
                 Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
      System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
             System Model: MS-1736
                     BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/23/09 11:58:43 Ver: 08.00.10 (type: BIOS)
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU       M 370  @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
                   Memory: 3072MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 2926MB RAM
                Page File: 3078MB used, 7847MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Not Available
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
 DirectX Database Version: Unknown
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 32bit Unicode

2 minutes ago, EdL said:

As I suspected that is a 64bit processor, and it seems from here it initially did have drivers for Windows 7 64bit https://www.notebook-driver.com/msi-cr720-notebook-windows-drivers-utility/

I can't imagine any reason you couldn't switch to 64bit Windows 10, however you cannot upgrade so it would require a fresh install. I found some sinstructions here https://www.windowscentral.com/how-upgrade-32-bit-64-bit-version-windows-10 which has some further checks on if your machine can run 64bit windows 10.

Also bear in mind, in any case that machine is right on the edge of the minimum specification, so you aren't likely to have an optimial playing experience.

Thanks ! I'll give it a try !

I'm really impressed with that for dedicated customer support. It just goes to show that SI are nowhere near as bad as many people make out year after year. @EdL has just shown that they care about their fans.

Hope you can get it sorted and get to play FM20, @karremansje.

Also, @karremansje, here is a link to a page all about Google Stadia - https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/stadia-everything-you-need-to-know-about-googles-game-streaming-service.

I might be wrong, but I think you can pay $9.99 a month to access any games. There is a minimum system requirement listed on the page, but it seems very high for a system that runs games from elsewhere. I'm probably not techy enough to fully delve in to that.

I suspect you're going to want to update that laptop.

17 hours ago, EdL said:

As I suspected that is a 64bit processor, and it seems from here it initially did have drivers for Windows 7 64bit https://www.notebook-driver.com/msi-cr720-notebook-windows-drivers-utility/

I can't imagine any reason you couldn't switch to 64bit Windows 10, however you cannot upgrade so it would require a fresh install. I found some sinstructions here https://www.windowscentral.com/how-upgrade-32-bit-64-bit-version-windows-10 which has some further checks on if your machine can run 64bit windows 10.

Also bear in mind, in any case that machine is right on the edge of the minimum specification, so you aren't likely to have an optimial playing experience.

Does 64 bit not require at least 4GB of RAM?   I could be imagining that requirement of course, but that laptop only has 3GB RAM. 

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Does 64 bit not require at least 4GB of RAM?   I could be imagining that requirement of course, but that laptop only has 3GB RAM. 

No such requirement

32 minutes ago, EdL said:

No such requirement

"While in the "About" page, make sure to check that the device has at least 2GB of memory, which is the minimum requirement to use 64-bit." That's what I found at the page to upgrade 32 to 64-bit.

I didn't have time to do an update. There was this exciting game of football last night in Belfast haha.... but thanks for all the support

6 hours ago, anagain said:

I'm really impressed with that for dedicated customer support. It just goes to show that SI are nowhere near as bad as many people make out year after year. @EdL has just shown that they care about their fans.

Also, @karremansje, here is a link to a page all about Google Stadia - https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/stadia-everything-you-need-to-know-about-googles-game-streaming-service.

I might be wrong, but I think you can pay $9.99 a month to access any games. There is a minimum system requirement listed on the page, but it seems very high for a system that runs games from elsewhere. I'm probably not techy enough to fully delve in to that.

I can only agree with @anagain. Super dedication from @EdL

What I have read about Google Stadia (correct me if i'm wrong) is that you can have a free version and buy a game (in this case FM20), you don't have to have an monthly subscription then. I suppose i only need it to play FM20.

8 horas atrás, anagain disse:

I'm a bit surprised with those minimum requirements, I think it kinda blows up the purpose. But, I can't even test it because my country is not avaliable in the start.

• karremansje changed the title to My 25-year marriage with CM/FM has come to an end...... Update: Remarried again !
  • 7 months later...

Major news !!!!

Here's my  new laptop:

System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 7/12/2020, 22:24:27
             Machine name: LAPTOP-GPS1ASE0
               Machine Id: {D6C95137-304A-4D88-8FA8-FB4D505074E0}
         Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
      System Manufacturer: LENOVO
             System Model: 81WC
                     BIOS: DXCN21WW (type: UEFI)
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
                   Memory: 8192MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 8026MB RAM
                Page File: 4828MB used, 6013MB available
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
 DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0084 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
      Display Tab 1: No problems found.
        Sound Tab 1: The file RTKVHD64.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL).  You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
          Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D:    0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw:  0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay:  0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow:  0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
           Card name: Intel(R) UHD Graphics
        Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
           Chip type: Intel(R) UHD Graphics Family
            DAC type: Internal
         Device Type: Full Device (POST)
          Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9B41&SUBSYS_3FB317AA&REV_02
       Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER] 
 Device Problem Code: No Problem
 Driver Problem Code: Unknown
      Display Memory: 4140 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
       Shared Memory: 4012 MB
        Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

It's a beast in comparison with my old machine..... 

• karremansje changed the title to Update: New laptop !My 25-year marriage with CM/FM has come to an end...... Update: Remarried again !
On 12/07/2020 at 21:28, karremansje said:

Major news !!!!

Here's my  new laptop:

System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 7/12/2020, 22:24:27
             Machine name: LAPTOP-GPS1ASE0
               Machine Id: {D6C95137-304A-4D88-8FA8-FB4D505074E0}
         Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
      System Manufacturer: LENOVO
             System Model: 81WC
                     BIOS: DXCN21WW (type: UEFI)
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
                   Memory: 8192MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 8026MB RAM
                Page File: 4828MB used, 6013MB available
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
 DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0084 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
      Display Tab 1: No problems found.
        Sound Tab 1: The file RTKVHD64.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL).  You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
          Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D:    0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw:  0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay:  0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow:  0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
           Card name: Intel(R) UHD Graphics
        Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
           Chip type: Intel(R) UHD Graphics Family
            DAC type: Internal
         Device Type: Full Device (POST)
          Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9B41&SUBSYS_3FB317AA&REV_02
       Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER] 
 Device Problem Code: No Problem
 Driver Problem Code: Unknown
      Display Memory: 4140 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
       Shared Memory: 4012 MB
        Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

It's a beast in comparison with my old machine..... 

Nice one! That should certainly do a better job than the last one! Dont expect full on 3D but the rest of the game should be nice and smooth.  I have to run 2D on mine otherwise the fans go nuts!!

Have you got FM installed and happily running now?

On 20/07/2020 at 10:08, JR866Gunner said:

Nice one! That should certainly do a better job than the last one! Dont expect full on 3D but the rest of the game should be nice and smooth.  I have to run 2D on mine otherwise the fans go nuts!!

Have you got FM installed and happily running now?

Yes, FM was never so fast as right now.... and it runs smoothly on 3D! I am happy !