Leicesters Golden Generation [Fm20]

collisonmullan

570932609_LeicesterBadge.thumb.png.92ac7beef036367b5e66bb3221ea81b9.png

Leicester Appoint New Manager

Leicester have this morning appointed former England player Jack Mullan as their new manager following the release of Brendan Rogers. 

617952993_Screenshot2019-11-16at07_54_17.thumb.png.1d4f720c9350ba8921d858280ade6e18.png

Most fans will best remember Mullan for his devastating career ending injury in his one and only cap for the three lions. Since then he has been working on is coaching badges, more specifically within the development centre at Leicester City. Mullan has been cited as the man who has pushed through younger players at King Power in recent years, most notably Harvey Barnes and Hamza Choudury. The board have stated that it was his eye for developing talent and tactical ideas that led them to the appointment.

Expectations however will be much higher for Mullan this season compared to those of the last few years. Previously competing with the under 23's and under 18's, the step up to the senior squad will be a difficult task, especially with key players such as Ben Chilwell and James Maddison attracting interest from other clubs. 

518448366_Screenshot2019-11-16at07_54_58.thumb.png.66697b1dbb8b0e1562f40d588bd43595.png

During his unveiling Mullan decided to give the media and the fans some signs of his plans for the coming season. 

'First and foremost I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone at Leicester for supporting me and giving me opportunities over the last few years. When I got injured I had no idea of what was next and what I would do. This club has given me that direction and now I have the chance to make a real statement and stamp my mark. Anyone that knows me will know that I am a firm believer in the talent we have in this country. I have always said that players just need the opportunity. Look at Madders and Barnsey; over the last couple of years they have played in the Championship and people were questioning whether they could make it in the Premier League. There is definitely the talents out there, they just need the chance.'

'I'm very lucky, I have been able to see this talent first hand for the last few years and most first team managers don't get that opportunity. I will be looking to see if I can do some business, there are a few players who I see as having huge potential and can add some real competition to this already competitive squad. We also have a few of our own who are ready to get involved. I have been pushing them for the last 6 months, and now I need to back myself with them. We have a squad here that can be together for years to come and really create something special; if they stay together. That is my job, and something that I need to sort out. I have met with the players and they know the clubs ambitions; they also know that my ambitions are to exceed the clubs. Most of our squad is being linked with 'Top 6' teams, if they are all that good does that not make it 'Top 7'. '

Mullan has definitely given us some things to talk about in the press room.

His devotion to young talent is extra-ordinary but this single mindedness could be his downfall. If he is planning to promote some of the clubs younger players, are they really going to be of the quality required to compete in the world's hardest league. Rumours are already circulating that Mullan is targeting a young striker to support and learn from the evergreen Jamie Vardy. Vardy has been Leicesters go to striker for years now, but is not getting any younger and it is thought Mullan is after 17 year old Joe Gelhardt from Wigan to support and learn from the experienced old fox. It is also believed that Mullan is in the market for a centre back. Wes Morgan is another player not getting any younger and would struggle if he has to play on a regular basis. 

Mullan has also made it clear that he has no intention to sell his star players. Perhaps this will put some rivals off and allow Mullan to tie his young guns down on longer contracts. Whatever happens it seems as though we are in for an interesting season with Mullan at the helm. Will his 'golden generation' really be able to create a 'Top 7' and step on, or will they break up just like every other boy band.

Pre-Season and Transfer Window Update

140885938_TransferWindow.thumb.jpg.2517a939a971486e1a4f5e83202b7a8f.jpg

New Leicester City boss Jack Mullan has only been in charge of the foxes for a short time however he has been very quick to stamp his mark on this Leicester squad. In his first week in charge we have seen numerous ins and outs at the King Power already. Mullan allowed Nampalys Mendy and Daniel Amartey leave the club for just over £6 million, both heading for the Saudi Arabian league, meanwhile boosting the clubs transfer kitty with the sales of Filip Benkovic and Kelechi Iheanacho for a combined £30 million going to AC Milan and Crystal Palace respectively. The club has also seen a number of young players leave the club on loan.

With the boost to his transfer funds Mullan has been quick to reinvest, and he has been true to his word. Within day completing the signings of Nathan Ferguson (£14 million), Joe Gelhardt (£12.5 million) and Jayden Bogle (£ million) ,finalising the loan signings of Angus Gunn and Taylor Harwood-Bellis and securing the signings of youngsters Alex Mighten and Lewis Dobbin for minimal fees.  

During his press conference to unveil his new signings Jack Mullan had this to say

'I am delighted. I didn't think we would get them all over the line. There was competition from other clubs so I thought we might miss out on a couple. These boys all have huge potential and can really add something to this young group. All of them will go straight into the first team squad, but they will still have chances to play in their respective age groups. Nathan is a phenomenal defender, great in the air and on the ground and can really play with the ball at his feet. Joe is the perfect understudy for Jamie Vardy, he can get game time and learn from a top level striker. Jayden is a great prospect, quick, strong and has a great cross, the competition we now have at full back is excellent.  Angus and Taylor both come in on loan but I will definitely be looking to make both of them permanent.  Alex and Lewis are great young talents, hopefully we will all get the opportunity to see them in the Carabao Cup this season.'

With the window drawing to a close, Mullan will be contemplating what could have been if he could have got all of his targets. It is rumoured that the young tactician was also interested in Birmingham midfielder Jude Bellingham and Middlesborough's Nathan Wood however both players are currently very happy with their current situations.

Mullan has also been true to his word and promoted from within, Callum Wright (19 year old CM), Callum Hulme (18 year old CM), Luke Thomas (18 year old LB) and Terrell Pennant (16 year old AMC) all joining the first team squad.

Leicester were also able to see off interest from Manchester United for left back Ben Chilwell by offering him a new contract which will see him stay at the club until 2024.

1240260499_Screenshot2019-11-16at21_38_43.thumb.png.47e0977e202a8ddccabf8274e6ea495b.png

With a solid pre-season under their belt Leicester will be itching for the new season to start next week, with a new manager, a new way of playing and a new staff team behind him Mullan will be hoping to make a positive start to the new season.

'Pre-season was good. We had some amazing games, and some more difficult ones. We got what we needed, fitness and time to gel. I can't wait for next week and neither can the squad.'

Edited by collisonmullan

On 17.11.2019 at 00:41, collisonmullan said:

Pre-Season and Transfer Window Update

140885938_TransferWindow.thumb.jpg.2517a939a971486e1a4f5e83202b7a8f.jpg

New Leicester City boss Jack Mullan has only been in charge of the foxes for a short time however he has been very quick to stamp his mark on this Leicester squad. In his first week in charge we have seen numerous ins and outs at the King Power already. Mullan allowed Nampalys Mendy and Daniel Amartey leave the club for just over £6 million, both heading for the Saudi Arabian league, meanwhile boosting the clubs transfer kitty with the sales of Filip Benkovic and Kelechi Iheanacho for a combined £30 million going to AC Milan and Crystal Palace respectively. The club has also seen a number of young players leave the club on loan.

With the boost to his transfer funds Mullan has been quick to reinvest, and he has been true to his word. Within day completing the signings of Nathan Ferguson (£14 million), Joe Gelhardt (£12.5 million) and Jayden Bogle (£ million) ,finalising the loan signings of Angus Gunn and Taylor Harwood-Bellis and securing the signings of youngsters Alex Mighten and Lewis Dobbin for minimal fees.  

During his press conference to unveil his new signings Jack Mullan had this to say

'I am delighted. I didn't think we would get them all over the line. There was competition from other clubs so I thought we might miss out on a couple. These boys all have huge potential and can really add something to this young group. All of them will go straight into the first team squad, but they will still have chances to play in their respective age groups. Nathan is a phenomenal defender, great in the air and on the ground and can really play with the ball at his feet. Joe is the perfect understudy for Jamie Vardy, he can get game time and learn from a top level striker. Jayden is a great prospect, quick, strong and has a great cross, the competition we now have at full back is excellent.  Angus and Taylor both come in on loan but I will definitely be looking to make both of them permanent.  Alex and Lewis are great young talents, hopefully we will all get the opportunity to see them in the Carabao Cup this season.'

With the window drawing to a close, Mullan will be contemplating what could have been if he could have got all of his targets. It is rumoured that the young tactician was also interested in Birmingham midfielder Jude Bellingham and Middlesborough's Nathan Wood however both players are currently very happy with their current situations.

Mullan has also been true to his word and promoted from within, Callum Wright (19 year old CM), Callum Hulme (18 year old CM), Luke Thomas (18 year old LB) and Terrell Pennant (16 year old AMC) all joining the first team squad.

Leicester were also able to see off interest from Manchester United for left back Ben Chilwell by offering him a new contract which will see him stay at the club until 2024.

1240260499_Screenshot2019-11-16at21_38_43.thumb.png.47e0977e202a8ddccabf8274e6ea495b.png

With a solid pre-season under their belt Leicester will be itching for the new season to start next week, with a new manager, a new way of playing and a new staff team behind him Mullan will be hoping to make a positive start to the new season.

'Pre-season was good. We had some amazing games, and some more difficult ones. We got what we needed, fitness and time to gel. I can't wait for next week and neither can the squad.'

keep going mate ı thınk foxes  have the potential to be contender for the big 6 and break it :)

August - September Update

1208512083_AugustSeptember.thumb.png.d3436d2008c38909da50d20c577adf51.png

New Leicester City manager Jack Mullan may have only been in charge of the club a short time but he has been very quick to show his style. His new look foxes have begun the season well and have given us an insight into what to expect in the future. The youthful side have been putting on a spectacle each time they go out, they may not always be getting the results the manager would want, but you cannot call them boring. Fast, attacking football and lots of possession, you can see why the Leicester board and fans are happy with the start Mullan's team has made. Credit must also go to Mullan for getting the best out of Jamie Vardy and James Maddison who have 4 goals and 5 assists respectively already.

Mullan has also shown us a glimpse of the future for his young side by rotating his squad for the Carabao Cup. Youngster Joe Gelhardt has grabbed the attention of pundits and fans alike with 3 goals in 2 cup outings.

1141587178_TableSept.thumb.png.390f8011f5c7a88d0defb243941d466d.png

'It has been a solid start. When you look at our results, we have picked up points where we perhaps weren't expecting and have dropped them where we were targeting them. We need to aim for that consistency in our approach, find that fine balance between entertaining and winning. There is no point being great to watch if we finish the season in the lower half of the table. We have a nice run of games now where we are targeting maximum points. It is time for us to start pushing ourselves and for this squad to develop. 

296915184_18sAugustSept.thumb.png.f9fd6c69301ba89534258e48b4c2054c.png

1236379370_18stable.thumb.png.304accc35ee01604c31c666b5f818b76.png 

It is not just the first team that are impressing. Leicester's under 18's are really something to behold. After 7 league games they have a 100% record and have only conceded 3 goals. With many of the current 18's training and involved in the first team it is no wonder. Mullan clearly believes in the quality of these young players and they are really showing why he has so much faith in them. Callum Hulme in particular has really been impressive for them and has recently broken into the first team squad, where he has already registered a goal and an assist in 2 cup appearance.

'I have already spoken about what I expect from this group of players. There is no reason they cannot win this league and push for first team places. Winning breads confidence and it should run through the club'

Edited by collisonmullan

October 

October.thumb.png.308211a0ba890330d8f3d319ba030e4b.png

Leicester have done exactly what manager Jack Mullan has asked from them. He asked for consistency and they have produced just that. The young foxes have beaten both Watford and Newcastle in the league as well as earning a draw away to Wolves. They then followed up that great run of results with a 4-3 win away at Anfield in the fourth round of the Carabao cup.

'What can I say. I asked for consistency and they have duly delivered. We have managed 7 points from 9, against 3 teams where many sides will drop points. Winning at Anfield is a great achievement in any circumstance, to do it in the cup is just the cherry on top. We have been on a good run and I can't wait to see if we can keep it going'

Contract News

1256911215_maddisonchilwell.thumb.jpg.78d3cd19ebd2904122387a781bbc5adb.jpg

Leicester supports are today greeted with the news that 'star players' Ben Chilwell and James Maddison have both agreed new deals that will keep them at the club until 2024. Both players have penned similar deals, earning 90k-a-week each plus individualised incentives. Interest was high in both Chilwell and Maddison with Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and Manchester United all circling the England duo.

Following the announcement, Mullan had this to say 'This is great news for everyone connected with Leicester City Football Club. I said when I took over, that for us to compete at the top we needed to keep our best players. The fact that they have ignored interest from other clubs shows they believe in what is happening here. It is exciting times and I am delighted they are going to continue to be a big part of it.'

Outgoing Transfer News

Leicester have confirmed that Ricardo Pereira has agreed a deal to join Man Utd in January for a fee of £28.5 million. Following months of speculation the Portuguese international has finally managed to force through his move to the red devils.

'I believe in doing things the right way. This has been on-going since I took charge and I am glad it is finally over. Ricardo made it clear he saw his future elsewhere and I was determined to get the right deal done. We have invested well, and I believe Jayden (Bogle) and James (Justin) will now have great opportunities to show what they are about.'

Mullan appears to be happy with the deal, and Leicester supporters feel this is now the time for Jayden Bogle to take the mantle at right back. Fans of the foxes were asked who they would like to see step into the starting XI and 68% of fans believe Bogle is that player.

November

732733568_NovemberResults.thumb.png.4a6bb86925deb3fac5a6b5af40ff4287.png

Leicester have now made it 7 games unbeaten in the league. Following a good run of results in October, they have continued that form into this month. Earning 8 points out of 12 has seen Leicester climb the table and moving into 6th place. Wins against Brighton and Burnley and draws against the 2 Merseyside clubs have propelled the foxes up the table. It is not just the performances that have fans across the country taking note, it is the free scoring ability of this team with goals coming from Perez, Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy, Barnes and Praet. With goals coming from all places, teams are struggling to cope with this their attacking threat.

1306918337_Novembertable.thumb.png.218f2525428c70353162caf665736b45.png

'It's been brilliant, we have had 2 great months. We are really starting to come together as a squad and are all chipping in when needed. It is great that we are up to 6th but it is a long season with many games still to play. We are just taking it game by game.'

Facilities Update

2040560267_youthimprov.thumb.png.4016acf2004f6c3aaabb4a48b39e73ee.png

Transfer Update

683434680_IncomingTransfers.thumb.png.0bbf54a42bfa5f9b41a17999d6752c61.png

Leicester have today announced deals for a number of young players. Mullan said he had faith younger talent and this spending spree has proven that. Deals have been agreed for Reading youngsters Coniah Boyce-Clarke and Imari Samuels. The young goalkeeper and left back will join in January and will go into a youth team who have been flying in the under 18's division. Young centre halves Nathan Wood and Jonathan Panzo as well as striker Prince Henry will also join the ranks. Nathan Wood and Prince Henry will also join the club in January and compete for that under 18 league title. The deal to bring Jonathan Panzo to the King Power will see the player join at the end of the season when his current loan ends. The 2 deals that have caught the eye however are Jude Bellingham from Birmingham and Karamoko Dembele from Celtic. Both player have been attracting interest from some of the biggest clubs in Europe, so this is seen as a real coup for the foxes.

'If I am honest, I wasn't expecting to be able to get these deals done. Ricardo's impending transfer has enabled us to invest in targets that I thought we would have to make over the next few years. Fortunately for us, we have done them now and have not missed out on any of them. All of these players will bring something to this club. Obviously they are all players for the future, but I think that future may be soon rather than later. Wes (Morgan) and Johnny (Evans) won't mind me saying that they are not getting any younger. We identified Nathan and Jonathan in the summer as 2 who could take over in a season or so and freshen up the back four. Jude and Karamoko are phenomenal talents, everyone has seen what they can do and I am excited it is now in the blue of Leicester. These lads will have opportunities with the first team squad but I am extremely excited for them to join up with the 18's for the remainder of the season and really seize control. It is just a shame that we have to wait another month.'

1872369348_18stable.thumb.png.9f03a2c87afad037291c0e286fde3789.png

Leicester under 18's are flying high at the moment with Terell Pennant, Lewis Dobbin, Joe Gelhardt and Alex Mighten shining for them. It is a real worry for other teams seeing the players that will join up with this already talented group.

December 

730360883_DecResults.thumb.png.68024430c5fa12c8b78274dd2a4ec32e.png

Another good month for Leicester saw them pick up 12 points out of a possible 18. Having lost to both Arsenal and Man City by 2 goals to 1 in the final minutes, Mullan will be happy with the way his team reacted. Having beaten Blackburn with a rotated team, they advance into the semi-finals of the Carabao cup and will fancy their chances now of lifting the trophy. The foxes completed the busy Christmas period by beating Palace, Sheffield United and Wolves without conceding a goal. Youngster James Justin, Jaden Bogle, Nathan Ferguson and Luke Thomas have all been given opportunities during this hectic part of the season and they have all given an excellent account of themselves.

2023063773_DecTable.thumb.png.cf8f7a071de9760175a2efb36c31166a.png

'Another great month for us. It just shows how competitive this league really is. We have had a great run of results and are still only 8th. It is so tight at the moment and everyone keeps winning, we just need to keep doing our job.'

Contract News

1374463860_Graynewcontract.thumb.png.39176a417d9a9e5c376b9b733f0e5745.png

829356125_Wrightnewdeal.thumb.png.426b7e47684bcf1bad163cdf6ed5a218.png

1539535844_Thomasnewdeal.thumb.png.950453cb70291830bcde1c56e7fcaa22.png

Leicester City are delighted to announce that Demarai Gray, Callum Wright and Luke Thomas have penned new deals that will keep them at the club until 2024. Gray has been a key player for Mullan this season providing a number of goals and assists already. Wright and Thomas have both been involved with the first team and have played more than many would have expected. 

'This is great news. All 3 are wonderful players and I'm glad we have tied them down'

With the transfer window now open, Leicester have a number of players who will be entering the club. Excitement is building to see if Mullan will continue to spend and bring in any more players to compliment his already overachieving squad. 

'At the moment we don't have any transfers planned. Who knows what will happen, if the right player becomes available then maybe but I am very happy with the business we have already done. Hopefully a few can start to break into the match day squad.'

January

Leicester City began the new year with the announcement of a new link with Burton Albion.

1151186410_Burtonlink.thumb.png.ad5caf0e40b9a9ec376bec762e22766c.png

740323906_BurtonHistory.thumb.png.5d348b8d85a4fcd824e9c41ad87758fb.png

Leicester were keen to establish this link due to Burtons use of St.George's Park. Not every league one club have access to state of art facilities. Mullan was keen to use this link to his full advantage and was quick to send youngsters Alex Mighten and Callum Wright out on loan to the league one promotion hopefuls.

'This deal is huge for both clubs. We have a number of young players who need game time but still need a certain level of coaching and Burton can give them both of these things. Hopefully we will be able to help them move up the football ladder with some of our youngsters and they will help us develop these young stars.'

762622408_Wrightloan.thumb.png.435655d2b392ec0c969ab4b287d8e91d.png

684999852_MightenLoan.thumb.png.6e1549d729ba1cf46225fd8c8189fb17.png

As part of the loan agreement, both players will still be eligible to play for Leicester's under 23's and 18's.

124283902_Janresults.thumb.png.707eaa9cc7db45773b364c1d239ba404.png

A busy month for Leicester saw them advance into the 4th round of the FA where they have a replay against Crystal Palace following a 1-1 draw at the King Power Stadium. Leicester continued their good league form with the only blip coming against Chelsea in a 4-1 thrashing. The big news of the month was the foxes 2-1 aggregate win over Arsenal which has seen them progress into the Carabao Cup Final where they will face league leaders Man City.

1414502851_JanTable.thumb.png.af7d54720bbb1ed1807a54f722a3e429.png

1099133004_Cupfinal.thumb.png.408275471630e1845d0ce7e2943d7488.png

'It has been a very good month for a number of reasons. We are still in the FA Cup after a late goal by Joe Gelhardt. We have continued to perform in the league despite the busy schedule and rotating the squad and we have made it into a final. This is a great achievement and should not be underplayed. Getting to any final is an amazing feat. This really gives us a chance to win some silverware and qualify for European football.'

Mullan previously spoke of dipping into the market if the right deal came along and he must feel as though he has won the lottery. Leicester have managed to pip a number of clubs to the signing of Luke Matheson. The 17 year old right back had been a regular for Rochdale this season and Leicester clearly feel that £12million was a great deal for the youngster.

1013867192_Mathesonsigning.thumb.png.a8fe17ab291dd80b893c6ce96486df06.png

'I'm very please with this. Luke has shown so much quality for Rochdale already. He is someone that I can see progressing very quickly. He has everything a modern day fullback needs. He will remain with the first team squad for the rest of the season and hopefully can also join up with the 18's.'

Leicester under 18's have seen a number of changes recently with January arrivals such as Nathan Wood, Karamoko Dembele and Prince Henry all joining the ranks. While players such as Joe Gelhardt and Luke Thomas have seen their game time for the under 18's reduce. The young foxes are still top of the league and only a huge dip in form would see them lose their lead.

The addition of quality players such as Gelhardt and Thomas, along with some fringe first team players has also seen Leicester under 23's climb up the league. If they have find some consistency they may also challenge for their league.

February

1151379965_febresults.thumb.png.9d87c127b9dfe50d7094656a0feff16b.png

The month of February can be seen as a very strange month for Leicester City football club. Excellent wins against Tottenham and West Ham were followed by defeats against Crystal Palace and Man City. In between those fixtures they also suffered a heavy defeat at the hands of Crystal Palace in the FA Cup. Fans have been asking the question why Mullan continues to rotate his squad with many believing that they are suffering due to this.

'I understand where people are coming from but I believe in this squad. The squad. Not just the eleven on the pitch. Unfortunately we have lost some match, but we have also won many. It's all swings and roundabouts.' 

153415869_febtable.thumb.png.760d9c0a35c9f8fc969c259dee6d008b.png

Leicester have climbed up to 6th in the table despite the inconsistency of the results, now currently in a European spot.

League Cup Final

1821362099_Fulltimereview.thumb.png.1688857e3c16fa000b6ff8fe4dd11d94.png

This Leicester team will go down in history after winning the Carabao Cup against Man City. In what was a tight affair, Leicester came away as the victors and ultimately controlled the game from start to finish. If it was not for a missed penalty by Jamie Vardy, the scoreline would have been a bit more comfortable.

win.thumb.png.dae8824c7b33655349730a5d6a94ebc4.png

europe.thumb.png.722aff856479279b94143182cb3ade3a.png

Following their victory in the Carabao Cup final, Leicester have qualified for the Europa League next season.

'We all had an idea of what we wanted to achieve this season and in the future. This has exceeded our expectations. This group of players have really stepped up and made people take notice. Many laughed when I took over and said I wanted to create a 'Top 7' and interrupt that group. This is a statement to the footballing world. We are to be taken seriously and we are only going to get better.'

Edited by collisonmullan

March and April

792986841_MarchAprilresults.thumb.png.006bb5b00ffbb47841b1a64f9476239f.png

Leicester have followed up their impressive Carabao Cup victory, by amassing 14 points out of a possible 21. This sequence of results has seen Leicester secure 6th place in the league and only a huge loss of form would see them slip outside of the top 7 with 3 games remaining. Jamie Vardy continues to impress up front for the foxes with 20 league goals to his name and is currently battling Sergio Aguero (22 goals) for the golden boot.

772756241_Aprilleaguetable.thumb.png.e0e6ced0853a54f1f00a373815d49a11.png

'It has been a great couple of months for us. The win in the final has really given up the belief to push on and continue our fine form. We are all really up to speed and everyone is showing that they have something to contribute to this team. I am pleased to tell you that Taylor Harwood-Bellis with be staying with us for another season as we have agreed to extend his loan for another year.

Under 18's

329609217_18swinleague.thumb.png.c3bd9b4e9bc1688b2db7335eaa9a10b1.png

Leicester under 18's have today been crowned champions of the English under 18 Division 1. In what has been an amazing season, fans will look at Jack Mullan as the man that has put together such a good group of young players. Credit must also go to the players themselves, with each key member of the making appearances for the first team. Fans will be excited to see more of these players next season where demands for the club will be higher with the extra addition of Europa League football.

'I have spoken about these lads all season and they have definitely lived up to the billing. So many of these lads have played a part with us and they have developed such a good understanding. Joe (Gelhardt), Luke (Thomas), Callum (Hulme) and Taylor (Harwood-Bellis) have all played a lot of games for the first team and have performed brilliantly. Next year i'm sure many more will be doing the same. For these boys to progress and continue to develop they need that match experience.'

May

742867115_Mayfixtures.thumb.png.1c1343468a41aae1050fc85a1c9d1a22.png

Leicester ended the season in a bit of a slump with 2 loses and a draw, which saw them end the season in 7th place. Mullan had previously said that they could not realistically finish any lower and he was proved to be right. In the final 3 games of the season Mullan gave minutes to a number of young players and experimented with different partnerships throughout the pitch.

1109230221_Finaltable.thumb.png.0f36e47378084b0ccc3f017c854c58d7.png

'It feels like a bit of an anti-climax. We have done so well all season and to end in this king of form is a shame. However, 7th in the league, Europa League qualification and Carabao Cup winners? I don't think we can complain too much. Now it's time for everyone to get a good rest and to focus for next season, where we will have a lot of football to play.'

977456356_ythcupfinal.thumb.png.2c75887a28ef17a385eb0e51398b1917.png

Leicester Under 18's have completed an amazing double after victory in the FA Youth Cup.

Facilities

1052138741_yrhfacilities.thumb.png.a5c4fc9e34449e62c05fdf274c2686d1.png

1673566859_Stadiumaxpansion.thumb.png.b7314a3eed9a319729497df83ca50a28.png

expand.thumb.png.ec6d977c04c0215652f23e208a28092e.png

'This is exactly what we need. For us to continue to grow we need facilities to match. With the stadium expansion and youth upgrade, we are heading in the right direction.'

End of Season Awards

1601720013_Seasonawards.thumb.png.c880d696e84e396f92d37f3380bcd806.png

In what has been a truly remarkable season for the foxes, a number of players have stood out. Leicester legend Jamie Vardy was voted as Fans Player of the Year with 22 goals in all competitions while James Maddison secured Young Player of the Season with 7 goals, 12 assists and 5 MOM awards to his name. Meanwhile young striker Joe Gelhardt who led the under 18's to a league and cup double was voted Signing of the Season while racking up 11 goals and 2 assists for the first team.