Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
.robbo.

Unexpected quit, can't move beyond privacy policy

My FM Touch Demo 2020 save cannot be loaded. The game unexpectedly quit when I closed my laptop this morning. I loaded up the game and I was confronted by a privacy policy screen with an acknlowgement box. After checking the box and even reading the policies, I cannot access the game because the continue button is grayed out.

I was able to export my save file to a desktop as a workaround and continue to play on my other computer. I guess I'll toss the laptop in a drawer for a few weeks. 

After exporting my save, I was able to unistall then reinstall 2020 touch on my laptop and drop in my save game file. Boom. Take that privacy policy page error buggaboo

I had he same issue and posted on another thread - delete the Caches and Preferences folder from the SI directory.

Thanks eencae. I figured it could be a cache issue, I thank you for helping pinpoint the issue. I had an extreme trouble locating the directories I needed to destroy as they ended up being embedded in Steam. I did find that setting myself up as a new user on my PC tricked Steam into registering me as a new user and I was able to load my save game file by emailing it to myself. It only took six hours of testing and reloading/re-installing to get here but the workaround works if you don't have the cache and prefs to delete in your directory. Hopefully, it saves someone hours of frustration by reading this

Yes, those folders used to be in my Documents folder (on Mac). Now it has been shifted into the hidden Library directory so took me a while to find. Have just made a shortcut in the 'usual' place.

On Mac:

/Users/*****/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2020 Touch

I presume a similar place on Windows.