Sports Interactive Community
lookass

Specific Unset Attributes are set to 1

20 minutes ago, Marc Duffy said:

Issue has been acknowledged and we are currently preparing a hotfix. 

We all get that users are frustrated but there has been a clear indication from SI of the issue and their intentions, so please take a step back

HI @FrazT and @herne79 I completely agree, some of the abuse in here is shocking to say the least.

Can either of you just confirm one thing for me (and it doesn't need every other person in here answering). If we want to get rid of the issue will we need to start a new save if we are using the 20.1.0 patch? I presume the hotfix will not sort out the issue within the saves we are already playing.

Many thanks

we

Just now, NoNonsenseFM said:

HI @FrazT and @herne79 I completely agree, some of the abuse in here is shocking to say the least.

Can either of you just confirm one thing for me (and it doesn't need every other person in here answering). If we want to get rid of the issue will we need to start a new save if we are using the 20.1.0 patch? I presume the hotfix will not sort out the issue within the saves we are already playing.

Many thanks

we havent been given any direct info on whether it will be save game compatible- I suspect that it may not be but that is just a guess.

1 minute ago, IrrelevantLion said:

Has this affected my save game that I started on the 16th?

Have a look? haha :D

Guys if i already started my save before 20.1 im ok?

I mean i can continue playing or just wait for hotfix?

The community's anger is for good reason. This is obviously a terrible bug which makes the game barely playable and definitely unrealistic. But the staff simply treated it as "known issue" and went on with the release.

Really glad to see the bug is now acknowledged. Hopefully a hotfix will soon be released. I'm still worried about saves created before the upcoming fix. It seems one will have to create a new save to obtain normal attributes for players.

The problem applies to all mental attributes of the players. Whenever there is no pre-set value, the preferable number is 1-3, which is really annoying. Extreme highs or lows should be rare, so please adjust this as I don't want to edit every second player in my team. It is taking away the fun and is not fair as in low leagues players usually have less skills, but are not complete losers (being made with such low mental skills). It is not that difficult to make stat generation more balanced by setting some limits, so SI, please do it!

Issue being tut, if you edit this for your team only, it will unbalance your game as your team will be effectively "better" than every other team of a similar level in your game.

IF that makes sense lol ;)

1 minute ago, IrrelevantLion said:

I'm not sure how, I don't have the editor.. 

You can use FMRTE or FMSE to have look. The free version of them cannot make modifications but still it can filter players by attributes.

12 minutes ago, Style said:

Guys if i already started my save before 20.1 im ok?

I mean i can continue playing or just wait for hotfix?

I am fairly sure that games started on the Beta will not be affected

I started a save on the beta and had got really into it, will this be affected by the bug does anyone know?

Frazt, some saves are and some are not, it is down to what DB ie patch you created the save on.

12 minutes ago, zodiacg said:

You can use FMRTE or FMSE to have look. The free version of them cannot make modifications but still it can filter players by attributes.

Yep, 19,000 out of 46,000 players in my database have the values of 0-1 for Consistency, Versatility & Important Matches :(

1 minute ago, pezza96 said:

I started a save on the beta and had got really into it, will this be affected by the bug does anyone know?

Look at reply just below you

People need to calm down. It's just a bloody game. Some of the replies on here are disgusting. I think a lot of people don't understand what it takes to make a game with the depth that FM has. It's not just a few lines of code. It's thousands...maybe millions.

Also, one little change to a line of code affects other lines of code.

I'm no coder, but I'm patient enough to read about the industry and understand what developers go through.

Edited by anagain

3 minutes ago, Jaffa said:

Frazt, some saves are and some are not, it is down to what DB ie patch you created the save on.

It will be best to wait till the update is released to be sure

10k out of my 50k players has 1-4 determination . Is it normal or affected by bug?

Started before 20.1

Does this affect FMT (specifically iPad) as well?

Edited by Dan13L

Man, I was really looking forward to starting my Journeyman save today. Really enjoyed the Beta so far. Hopefully the hotfix is out soon.

It has been mentioned a hotfix is on the way for this issue. I mean ultimately we're moving towards this thread being locked because right now its waiting on release of the fix.

I took a look at my save started from 20.1.0 beta. Foden from Manchester United has 1 for Important Match and Consistency. I haven't check the overall stats, but I think the problem exists at least from 20.1.0.

1 minute ago, anagain said:

I started my save on or around November 9th and it seems to be fine from what I can tell. Not seeing lots of 1s in determination. 

If you begun your save before 20.1.0 patch, it will not be affected. Everything started with 20.1.0 patch, Nov 13th :(

4 minutes ago, santy001 said:

It has been mentioned a hotfix is on the way for this issue. I mean ultimately we're moving towards this thread being locked because right now its waiting on release of the fix.

This really. Andrew will give updates as and when he can. If we have to keep removing posts to keep it clear, it will simply end up locked so only SI can update. Please take this on board

2 hours ago, longruoi1 said:

No wonder my Hudson-Odoi is playsing ike dogsh1t in my new save. How can you have a career with Chelsea when the brightest prospect is like that, and he was a beast in my beta save. I also see Foden in the list, damn. There is no way I would start a career with this bug. It needs to be fixed ASAP.

Is there any way to start new career with beta 20.0.3 database (2000)? That would be the only fix at this moment imho.

Players like Hudson-Odoi should not be affected. They have attributes entered. If I've understood this correctly

Quite simply put, a hugely disappointing, game starting/breaking bug on the day of release. I for one won't be touching the game until this is fixed, and how it wasn't fixed after it was reported in the beta stage is rather mind boggling/worrying.

1 hour ago, IrrelevantLion said:

I'm not sure how, I don't have the editor.. 

If you don't have attribute masking on, do a player search for Determination 1. If it's thousands upon thousands you're affected. 

It is still impressiv that something like this got into the official release while having a pre buy Beta and that this mistake also got mentioned a couple of days ago in the forum. To bad for the people that are starting long term saves and will wonder some time in that something doesnt feel right.

Yeah I feel like the update should be widely communicated so that players don’t waste hours upon hours before realising there’s a breaking bug. I’m grateful someone shared this on Twitter otherwise I would’ve completely missed it.

I am a bit thick and not 100% sure what this means lol. If I start a new save now with Bournemouth will my game be ruined?

5 minutes ago, joepa85 said:

I am a bit thick and not 100% sure what this means lol. If I start a new save now with Bournemouth will my game be ruined?

Yes, basically. All young prospects have their determination and other hidden stats such as consistency, important Matches,  versatility  broken. So they won't develop into good players.

Am I wrong in thinking a fix won't be save game compatible? Such broad attribute changes mid-season would cause problems, no?

2 minutes ago, angelo994 said:

Yes, basically. All young prospects have their determination and other hidden stats such as consistency, important Matches,  versatility  broken. So they won't develop into good players.

Fair enough. Thanks. I will wait till the hotfix comes out before starting.

Just now, IrrelevantLion said:

Am I wrong in thinking a fix won't be save game compatible? Such broad attribute changes mid-season would cause problems, no?

At this time its unconfirmed, and unknown whether it will be or not. SI are looking into this aspect from what has been posted.

So anyway to check this for myself? Using a save from 4 November 

Real shame i cant start a new one now :(

13 minutes ago, MrGizMo said:

So anyway to check this for myself? Using a save from 4 November 

Real shame i cant start a new one now :(

Use FMRTE or FMSE to check. 

3 minutes ago, Duckelfsc said:

Use FMRTE or FMSE to check. 

So far nothing here. But still i am on a save from 4 nov

Just now, MrGizMo said:

So far nothing here. But still i am on a save from 4 nov

Yeah I think Beta saves are fine if they are from earlier on.

Ah darn just loaded my main save. I was wondering why my promising new 17 year old signing wasn't doing well. 1 Determination: that would do it! 

2 hours ago, Dan13L said:

Does this affect FMT (specifically iPad) as well?

I've checked on Android and it seems there are loads of players with Determination = 1. Seems like FMT is affected too.

1 minute ago, CleverLime said:

I've checked on Android and it seems there are loads of players with Determination = 1. Seems like FMT is affected too.

That's awful. I'm really disappointed that SI haven't made people aware of this massive issue and instead are encouraging people to start new saves that they may not even be able to continue when the hotfix comes 

8 minutes ago, Ðeleted said:

How long do these hotfixes usually take? cause my fingers are itching to start?

Its release day so fingers crossed

7 minutes ago, MrGizMo said:

Its release day so fingers crossed

they have known about this issue for 6 days so far so shouldnt be long haha