Sports Interactive Community
lookass

Specific Unset Attributes are set to 1

Hi @lookass

This is a known issue where hidden attributes are too low at game start.

There are too many 1s being set, but it is not all players, and changes made to progression for FM20 will mean these attributes will increase more with time.

51 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Hi @lookass

There are too many 1s being set, but it is not all players, and changes made to progression for FM20 will mean these attributes will increase more with time.

Hi @Andrew James

I didn't say that ALL players are.
`Unset attributes` of players who are not famous are randomly given, right?

Consistency, Imp. Matches, Versatility. If these three attributes are not defined, all these are set to 1. (UNCONDITIONALLY)

I think it is absolutely a bug.
Is not a coincidence...
I hope you'll check this out again.
Thank you.

Edited by lookass

Is this fixable for games started in the beta? Can a new patch find all the players with 1s in beta saves and assign random values?

I can't start a new career now because of this critical issue.
But, I firmly believe a new hotfix will come out today.

Edited by lookass

I too have this problem. It makes the game unplayable for me at the minute as it ruins a large proportion of the youngsters in the game :( Although I know this is only the beta, hopefully its fixed for the main game!

Edited by footballowen99

Before the release version, there are no plans to fix it?
Anyway I wanna play normal FM ASAP.
Help me PLZ.

Edited by lookass

I'm using FMRTE so i decided to check these attributes. Half of the 90k player base has 1s in important matches and consistency. This is definitely a serious problem. (CA/PA spoilers here)

Results.PNG

Search FMRTE.PNG

Totally agree with your concerns guys. There is not only a problem with hidden attributes, but with the mental attributes at all. Starting a game for example with Gloucester and my team is full of players with 1 for determination, bravery and work rate, which really makes the game unplayable as those attributes do not change a lot and are influencing the whole player performance. And this is for existing players, free transfers and new regens. It should be made more consistent and balanced and should vary around the average values...like in real life. Please correct it as this bug exist for years in all FM versions! Thank you!

Im getting the same. Huge amount of players with 1 for Consistency and Imp Matches. Includes well known young players like Foden so must be an error.

Hi all,

Quick update on this. 

To clear up exactly what the issue is - players at game start who do not have these attributes set in the database are being given too low a value. The values being given currently tend to be at one extreme or the other. This is partly by design as the majority of players this applies to are young, and at this age the spread is much more varied - but currently the numbers are skewed too far towards the lower end of the scale.

The changes we've made to player development and progression for FM20 mean that players with low scores for these attribute don't have to be written off as useless - these mental attributes are now much more flexible in both directions and although a player's starting point may be a bit lower due to this bug, the correct nurturing of the player is still the most important factor in whether they'll be successful.

Newgens are not effected by this issue.

This is still under review, and I hope you appreciate the need to ensure there are no knock-on effects before making a change and rolling out a fix.

Cheers,

Andrew

14 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Hi all,

Quick update on this. 

To clear up exactly what the issue is - players at game start who do not have these attributes set in the database are being given too low a value. The values being given currently tend to be at one extreme or the other. This is partly by design as the majority of players this applies to are young, and at this age the spread is much more varied - but currently the numbers are skewed too far towards the lower end of the scale.

The changes we've made to player development and progression for FM20 mean that players with low scores for these attribute don't have to be written off as useless - these mental attributes are now much more flexible in both directions and although a player's starting point may be a bit lower due to this bug, the correct nurturing of the player is still the most important factor in whether they'll be successful.

This is still under review, and I hope you appreciate the need to ensure there are no knock-on effects before making a change and rolling out a fix.

Cheers,

Andrew

Mate i have 80 k players with "1" important match hidden attribute in 120 k database. Not only young players but also others who doesnt have determined attribute have 1 imp. Match attribute. Please fix it fast i hate when i see this red warning in coach/scout report

Besides, i have a save which starts before this last update and i have only 3k players with "1"important matches (i used 120 k database in this save too and im in March 2020). So smth happened in this last update and it ruined the game.

3 hours ago, uurpkr said:

Besides, i have a save which starts before this last update and i have only 3k players with "1"important matches (i used 120 k database in this save too and im in March 2020). So smth happened in this last update and it ruined the game.

ITS TRUE :eek::eek::eek:

1 hour ago, diLLa88 said:

This bug is still in the full game. Can't start a proper save, even at release.

Very dissappointing this game breaking bug isnt fixed..

Even though we made this thread, SI didn't work.
I'm so mad :seagull:

Edited by lookass

5 hours ago, Andrew James said:

Hi all,

Quick update on this. 

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi @Andrew James

Goalkeepers' unset `free-kick` attributes are set to 1, too.

Hidden Attributes are set to 1 like consistency, important matches, versatile.

This applies to any player who has random hidden attributes, and they are all set to 1. 

5 hours ago, Andrew James said:

Hi all,

Quick update on this. 

Cheers,

Andrew

I don't get it. how can you call '1' a bit low number... come on... I hope this can be fixed soon... I ve been waiting to play the game and it never surprise me... 

1 hour ago, lookass said:

Hi @Andrew James

Fix your attitude before demanding anything tbh. If it was that simple a fix they would have already fixed it. They said they're working on it so stop your entitled whining and be patient.

Edited by Sebfromsusie

51 minutes ago, jcinthetown said:

I don't get it. how can you call '1' a bit low number... come on... I hope this can be fixed soon... I ve been waiting to play the game and it never surprise me... 

Totally agree. that's what I really wanted to say

Hey,

We paid for FM, about 50$. Right?
But it's been five more days since I made this thread.
Even though it officially released, nothing has changed.

Clearly deserving of anger.
I'm sorry but I think SI's attitude is more a problem than my attitude.

Neil Brock has acknowledged there is a problem and will be fixed as soon as possible but some admins have not been helpful about this

Hey,

We paid for FM, about 50$. Right?
But it's been five more days since I made this thread.
Even though it officially released, nothing has changed.

Clearly deserving of anger.
I'm sorry but I think SI's attitude is more a problem than my attitude.

Why don't you fix it then if it's so simple?

16 minutes ago, zimbabwe~ said:

This thread deserves more attention. This issue is more important than any other bugs in this forum as it fundamentally breaks the purpose of the playing football manager. Hope some famous well-known streamers bring this issue up and let every players know about this.

Not famous well known streamer in comparison to Ben workthespace Pine Oooclanoo etc. But this was annoying to find out on stream and is extremely game breaking!! Going to have to restart my long term save for the full game with Crewe because of this!

Kyznar who posted above is also quite a big/mid tier fm streamer (im more mid to low tier) and he mentioned it as well! I would imagine si will get onto this very quickly!

It’s worse, too, in some leagues more than others. Started in the Swedish bottom tier last night - where most first team players are both young and I’d imagine have a great many randomly generated stats - and there’s an overwhelming number of 1s, slowly rising to about 5. 

I don’t have the save to hand so I can’t screengrab and might be a little off, but as Linkoping I think I have two players with Determination over 5, the highest being 9. I’m not sure how they’re going to mentor each other out of that (nor how realistic/practical it’d be to have to try to find and bring in old players with regular human level stats specifically for mentoring purposes given my £225 wage budget).

Aggression, on the other hand, I quite frequently see (Linkoping also have only one player, a DRC, capable of playing in *any* wide area, so I’ve had to go looking) in the higher ranges (not enough to be especially odd perhaps but it’s more noticeable given the poor stats elsewhere), suggesting that lower league Sweden is full of bullies with poor impulse control who’ll nonetheless collapse like a soufflé the moment things don’t go their way. 

Hi @Andrew James, I started my long-term career save last night following full release.

When this is fixed / patched, Will it be save compatible or will I need to start a new save?

Many thanks.

Erm...I guess I’ll cancel my new save and wait until this bug is fixed. Sounds game breaking and not save game compatible. Horrible!

13 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Hi @Andrew James, I started my long-term career save last night following full release.

When this is fixed / patched, Will it be save compatible or will I need to start a new save?

Many thanks.

It sounds like the problem is when the player ratings are generated when the game world starts up so I'm going to guess that it won't be save compatible. 

21 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Many thanks.

99.99% sure it won't be save compatible. I recommend not to start a game till it be patched.

5 saat önce, Kyznar said:

Im live streaming over at Twitch, about to start my release save when this bug was brought to my attention. So i investigated and found multiple newly creates saves like in this image. Around 370k players loaded in database(red circle), and regardless of age, 280k of them(orange circle) have 1 in ALL THREE attributes - Important matches, Consistency and Versatility(green circle). This is game breaking and unacceptable, similar numbers happening on EVERY save game I create! I hope SI are working overnight to fix this because this is awful. BTW when u scout any of these players in game, some have more than 1 determination and the scout report ONLY shows a dark red consistency "weakness" and doesnt acknowledge the other 2 attributes set as 1 also. I am speechless how this has launched like that.....

unplayable.png

I've used your share to post this event on Twitter, so hopefully it won't be a problem for you.

This is actually game breaking. Lets face it this effects so many saves and not mentioning any created DB. Its likely not going to be save compatible as the attribute data is created when you create a new game.  

You do wonder how this was missed in "Testing" 

Edited by Parkera
spelling

On 14/11/2019 at 17:32, Andrew James said:

Hi @lookass

They really don't improve to an acceptable level. In my holiday save a prime late 20s Phil Foden has improved to reach Consistency 3. His Important Matches hasn't improved at all from a starting value of 1, and that's despite having 47 caps and presumably played quite a few big games for City and his new club Bayern. Similarly, Angel Gomes' 1 Determination hasn't improved at all, which is probably why he's still a long way short of his potential and has spent much of his career in League One

I'd say the two point improvements were fine if the starting ranges were OK, but if the intention is for them to significantly improve, you probably need to check the values coming out in your soak tests and log another probable bug...

Edited by enigmatic

7 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

In fairness to SI, the bug was only discovered a short time before release, it's not like it's been there since day 1 of the beta. 

There will be a hotfix soon that fixes it. It's simply a case of (really) bad timing. These things happen. Should they? Probably not. Do they? Yes, and it a lot of cases, it's a lot worse. 

At the end of the day, it's a computer game. You need to seriously re-evaluate your life if this is stopping you functioning. 

Go back and play an older version for a day or two, then start your new save when it's fixed, it really isn't life and death, even if it is disappointing. 

These things do happen, and yes, it's terrible piece of timing - the only thing i really wish, it that they did an official statement on this.. that they are aware of this, and that they are working on it

7 minutes ago, RBKalle said:

I honestly don't get this philosophy...

It's not the end of the world, but the FACT is we've paid for a currently unusable product.

Imagine your new wireless device not working unless you're within 1 foot of the hotspot. Or a microwave not heating food because of a technical mistake. Would it ruin your life? Of course not, as you'd still have alternatives, but you've PURCHASED something that doesn't do what it's supposed to do.

By your logic, a car that doesn't go over 100mph is not an issue, even though it's advertised and sold with a top speed of 150... In the end, you can still drive it at a reasonable speed don't you?

P.S. The bug was "discoverd" by a paying beta-tester when the game was one week away from release, but how many MONTHS in developement? How come nobody at SI noticed? You'd think there are extensive statistical analysis of the db...

Well we paid for a piece of software here, comparing it to microwaves or cars doesn't make sense. It's gamebreaking, they don't really acknowledge, super annoying but it'll be fixed. All we can do until then is wait. Getting all amped up isn't gonna fix the issue. Stoicism. We can't fix it, they can. So all we can do is wait and in the meantime, go do something else. FM surely can't be the centre of our lives.

17 minutes ago, RBKalle said:

P.S. The bug was "discoverd" by a paying beta-tester when the game was one week away from release, but how many MONTHS in developement? How come nobody at SI noticed? You'd think there are extensive statistical analysis of the db...

How do you know this per say?  When you say release do you mean full release or Beta release?

Edited by Parkera