Setting up an academy

For this years beta I’ve thrown myself on a journey to turn Celtic into the next Ajax try to make them the next pipeline of young homegrown talent. I’ve read the articles on setting up ways to improve your youth training and intake to get best regens, but is there a way to specify to scouts and get reports to try to find and develop exclusively Scottish and Irish players? My goal is to mainly just develop a team of players from the Isles instead of scouting the world for Brazilian wonderkids.

im thinking of just doing my short term scout reports to be based on the region, any other advice?

I'm pretty sure you can set your general scouting rule to only focus in a region (UK and Ireland for you) so that might be the best way, though your scouts will obviously pick up the foreign players in those leagues. I guess you could also 'discard' every player your scouts find who are not Scottish and Irish, so they dont waste any more time on them.

29 minutes ago, mc22 said:

im thinking of just doing my short term scout reports to be based on the region, any other advice?

Seems reasonable.

Bear in mind that as Celtic you'll tend to get the pick of local (and wider Scottish) talent anyway, given your much higher reputation in comparison to other Scottish clubs.  Only Rangers will be anywhere near you.

One thing you always have to remember - and I don't mean this to sound funny - you can have the best facilities and scouting set up in the world but you'll still be in Scotland.  By that I mean Scotland is not a hot bed of world class talent in the same way as somewhere like Brazil, The Netherlands (ref. Ajax), Germany or even (dare I say it) England.  Better newgen players tend to come from countries more commonly associated with producing such talent.  I'm not saying it cannae (;)) happen in Scotland, it's just less likely to.

40 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Seems reasonable.

Bear in mind that as Celtic you'll tend to get the pick of local (and wider Scottish) talent anyway, given your much higher reputation in comparison to other Scottish clubs.  Only Rangers will be anywhere near you.

One thing you always have to remember - and I don't mean this to sound funny - you can have the best facilities and scouting set up in the world but you'll still be in Scotland.  By that I mean Scotland is not a hot bed of world class talent in the same way as somewhere like Brazil, The Netherlands (ref. Ajax), Germany or even (dare I say it) England.  Better newgen players tend to come from countries more commonly associated with producing such talent.  I'm not saying it cannae (;)) happen in Scotland, it's just less likely to.

This is kind of why I want to do it, I know it’s not a hotbed of talent but just seems like a fun challenge to try and get success from doing it that way. Why knows maybe under my tutelage they will become a region to be reckoned with 

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 16:42, mc22 said:

This is kind of why I want to do it, I know it’s not a hotbed of talent but just seems like a fun challenge to try and get success from doing it that way. Why knows maybe under my tutelage they will become a region to be reckoned with 

This is what I do every year with every team in Scotland, although never for that team :brock:.

We might not produce world beaters and we may "still be in Scotland" as @herne79 says (not that I'm salty by that comment :mad::herman:;)) but I love to nurture a young Scottish squad and take on Europe's best with them. One year I will win the Champions league with an all Scottish squad...one year...

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, s0ni42 said:

You can certainly tailor your scouting assignments to focus on the isles. Worth noting, Ajax develops far more than just Dutch players. 

True but it’s always fun having local lads