Do you have an ingame nemesis? Player or Team.

I've just played a match against Telford, and predictably I've failed to beat them (0-0). 

Why predictably? 

Because since around FM13, Telford have been a particular bogey team of mine. They are a team when I'm playing LLM that I just never seem to be able to beat. The worst case of this was in FM14 when they knocked me out of the VNN playoffs three times in five seasons. I actually hate them now, and if I ever see on telly they've lost a game in real life, I get a little burst of happiness. 

Apologies to any Telford supporters out there. 

But it got me thinking, has their been a team, or even a player, that throughout multiple FMs that you've had particular trouble with. Maybe it's a team, like Telford, who you always struggle to beat, maybe it's a player that scores against you every version. 

Or ultimately,  maybe it's just me. Either way, tell me a story. 

Up until now, I had really struggled to beat West Ham when in the Premier League.  But, in the beta my Southampton team beat them 6-1, which put that one to rest!

Edit: Having looked at my last career thread for FM19, it seems I'd put that one to bed in FM19 actually, as I don't seem to have lost to them at all in that one either lol.  They were definitely a bogey team before that!

Edited by kevhamster

Barcelona. I'm not a fan of them in real life. I get that they have played beautiful football (emphasis on the have played) but to me they have players who would rival Olympic Class divers. Suarez, Neymar (when he was there) and my personal favourite Sergio Busquets of the infamous CL game against Inter where he rolled around of the floor with his hands on his face before peeking out to check that the referee had seen him.

I don't manage in Spain in FM but anytime I come up against Barcelona (say in CL) I go full Kevin Keegan ("I will love it if we beat them, love it!). I smashed them 7-0 or 8-0 in my Norwich save on FM19 on my way to winning the CL. I always hope when a champions league knock draw takes place that I'll get them and can knock them out straight away :)

35 minutes ago, superposh said:

Any player that hasn't scored yet that season... always seems to get his first of the season against me. Not sure why it winds me up, but it does. 

"He's off the mark for them now!" ALWAYS seems to happen to me 

How about former players that come back as Managers?

Slaven Bilic.... In Multiple saves AND versions, he goes to Manage West Ham. Every time, he's an absolute **** to me, and make stupid statements - "We were the better team" on the match where they had ZERO shots on target, and the possesion map showed they never even got out of their own half....

He then continues this on eny other tam he manages, so I make point of noting this down, at which point any interview quesiton I get about him, will be a negative, no matter what.

Wayne Rooney - once rocked up as a Manager and slated my English-based team (It was a youth development, Homegrown Save), which i was cursing SI for not giving me the answer of: "Well that's ironic, he'd not have played many games in his career if that was the case, I guess he'd have preferedto sit on the bench for his career"

Martial, since he moved to Man Utd IRL and despite him being inconsistent and not a regular scorer IRL, and even if he is doing that in my save games (though more often than not he seems to play and score regularly for Man Utd), he consistently scores against me.  Even out of the PL, he's knocked me out of Europe before when being other teams and even followed me to other leagues to score against me. 

Back doing it in the beta, whilst the likes of Mane, Kane and Aguero might be struggling with the 1v1s like most strikers in the game, doesn't stop Martial scoring with ease against me. 

In my current beta save, half way through the second season the team that has caused me the most issues is West Ham, despite them battling for relegation both years, they cause me more trouble than Liverpool or Man City do, smashed me 5-0 in the league cup, had a couple of 3-3s with them as well. 

• Administrators

I did in FM13, a newgen striker playing for Real Madrid. After I finished the save I found out why: 200CA :D 

Wigan Ath f*cking Letic!

No matter what team I am I always, and I mean always lose to p*ssing Wigan. Dunno why, dunno how, but I just never seem to beat them, so much so that I know what's going to happen when I play them. For as long as I can remember I've never beat them. Bit like in real life when Newcastle signed Ryan Taylor just so he'd stop scoring against us, I took over Wigan on a save in 19 just so I wouldn't lose to them.

Long long long time ago, Roma had fullbacks Candela and Cafu. Since I was Juve I had to deal with them every year and they were un*******believable. Their attributes, assists and avarage rating just killed me. It was ridiculous ... I still have nightmares :(

I should add that Montella finishing was 99 (out of 1-20)

Edited by Surfer

Landon Donovan. Played like 20 season in the Bundesliga on FM2007 with various teams (Werder, Hertha and Bayern) and he always scored against me, playing for Schalke. Wanted to buy the little s**t just so that he couldn't score anymore. I don't think I've won away to Schalke more than 3 or 4 times in 20+ seasons in that game. 

One place I don't think I've ever won in my CM/FM career is at the Camp Nou, no matter how good of a team I had. 

Liverpool! I think it's due to them getting in my head and me trying to change a tactic to outplay them which I've never played before, or having 8 men behind the ball at all times or going for it...none seem to work! Rest assured Salah and Mane score in a 2-0 easily.

Harry Kane.  I can't stand this guy.  I play as Man Utd and I tried to get him to sign with me.  Offered him all kinds of money and he just didn't want to, and he signed with Liverpool instead for less money.

Really pissed me off.  So I went out and got MBappe instead and now I'm beating his team and rubbing it in his face.  And I love every minute of it.

Edited by extremeskins04

My Nemesis in the PL were Arsenal, Watford and Stoke.

In this saison everything is different. I needed  3 or for 4 years to beat Arsenal and longer to beat the others. Last saison I was the Nemesis for the Wolves .... beat them in the PL 2 times, in the FA Cup and  2 times in the League Cup Semi-Final ..

In my promotion year with Blackburn I had 5 East Lancashire derbies  (2 x Championship, 1 x FA Cup, 2 2 x Promotion semi final) and won all ....

On 13/11/2019 at 12:43, superposh said:

Any player that hasn't scored yet that season... always seems to get his first of the season against me. Not sure why it winds me up, but it does. 

This 100%.

If a player hasn't scored in a long time, he'll end his drought against me.
If he's an ex-player of mine, he'll score against me.
New player at a club will open his account against me. 
First goal of the season... against me. 

Happens way too often. 

Historically over the years I cannae mind but in this years BETA, 4 years at Motherwell and I could NEVER seen to beat Ross County. Was made all the worse when I made it to game week 35 still in the hunt for the title and then they beat me 3-1 on my own patch costing me the league.

When I return to the SPFL (hopefully to manage Rangers) I will be gunning for them in EVERY game.

Part of me quite wants to manage them now though...:idiot: