Which Non-League Team to Pick?

Hi all. Looking for some inspiration for a new save. I'm keen to start a non-league to legend type save but I'm having trouble picking a National League North/South team. I want a club that has a bit of relevance, i.e. I did a save with Valencia when Gary Neville took charge, Bayer Leverkusen last year because they were used in a lot of the marketing for the game - that kind of thing. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.

What about Notts County? Out of the Football League for the first time in their long history. A good challenge to get them back up the leagues, then compete at the top level. 

Eventually even get Juventus as a senior affiliate (if that's even possible in game), as there is an historical link between the two clubs. It's basically why Juve play in black & white stripes. 

On release me and afew mates are playing a network save in the National Leagues all based on logistics. Its not reinventing the wheel however it helped us decide instead of arguing whos picked the club with the most money/resources!

i ended up with Boston United who is the closest club to my doorstep - so any fans with some insight itll be appreciated ( may even try catch afew games! )

the other lads are York City and St Albans. York look a decent club in the North divison.

if you want a club with a storyline hereford are probably the one. former football league club who went all the way down to the 9th division but back on the up now and in the national league north. york city and darlington also in that division who've suffered similar fates (york city not as drastic). blyth spartans have no history but play in green with a cool badge so thats kinda hard to say no to.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 12:57, Robioto said:

York City would be my choice, decent sized former football league club from a city which really should have a better team.

Having great fun with my current save at York City, 2nd season in and just about the win the conference and get back into the Football League.

I'm using Dan's level 10 file & having a go with Chasetown, they're a stone throw from my house so it's a lot of fun. I'm top sure whether to journeyman the save or try & build them as far as I can. The money's tough though, we're hemorrhaging it whilst sticking to the wage budget