FM 2020 Editors - General Feedback

KUBI

This is my first post here, but I wanted to ask if I'm the only one whose pre-game editor is really slow and laggy? I've compared it with the FM19 editor and it takes a few good seconds to register every change. I've been working on a database I've imported from FM18 and then FM19, and it works, but editing it feels like a chore. I have a vague memory of the FM19 editor being ultra-slow at first as well - was it?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed that sometimes I need to save and close the editor and then reopen it for changes to work when I test competitions. I know testing in the editor has always been buggy, but so far it's pretty good if you do the occasional restart.

On 12/11/2019 at 09:04, KUBI said:

The game is out now. 

As usual, we need to discover new features and changes to the editors, as there is no release note.

What do you think about the new in-game and pre-game editors? 

ive made a file im willing to share but on steam its only giving option to share with friends only. Do you know how to change this?

3 hours ago, basqueliverpool said:

ive made a file im willing to share but on steam its only giving option to share with friends only. Do you know how to change this?

on your workshop menu you can change it

I wonder if anyone has done any file verification after today's update? I have suddenly getting a flag for the FIFA Club World Cup (1 team found, 23 needed). I have no touched this competition, nor did I have any problems with this file yesterday. All I have done is move players around since. Competitions have been untouched. Which suggests to me there is either a new issue with testing, or there is a new conflict with my file and the new database. If someone could let me know if they encountered something similar so I can work out which, that would be great. 

Edit. This appears to be general and prevents me from verifying any advanced rules. I will log it as a bug. 

Edited by sporadicsmiles

@KUBI
After being busy for days in the editor, verifying my changes after this update is suddenly not longer possible because of an error which says "New stage 1 for Club world Cup can't find enough teams to be created. 1 teams found, 24 needed".  Please fix this !!!! :(

Edited by krosty11

1 hour ago, krosty11 said:

@KUBI
After being busy for days in the editor, verifying my changes after this update is suddenly not longer possible because of an error which says "New stage 1 for Club world Cup can't find enough teams to be created. 1 teams found, 24 needed".  Please fix this !!!! :(

yes I'm getting this error too is there a fix

hace 2 minutos, DaSilva9 dijo:

yes I'm getting this error too is there a fix

The moderators have told me that the developers are working on the issue.  Let's have a little patience my friend.

Edited by krosty11

I have banged on about this on several other threads, because I don't know whether it's a mistake or bad editing, or whatever ... but the fix is simple.

The way the game assigns away strips is horrendous and broken.

The editor data clearly shows that certain shirts are assigned to certain matches via the Home/Away index number; a home kit is 0, and away kit is 1, the third kit is 2.

It shows you all these in a nice wee row ... and just looking at those rows, and that of my favourite club Celtic, reveals how horrible the methodology is.

Third kits for cup finals against your biggest rivals, where there's no clash to speak of? 

Horrific. 

Now, let's be honest; if your club is playing a European tie against some Slovakian team you don't care what shirt they wear ... but a domestic cup final you do.

So although some code might need to be re-written to make it less likely that the wrong shirts will be assigned in those games where the computer has to choose that, most of us would be satisfied if we, ourselves, could select the kits our teams wear for big games in our domestic leagues and cups. 

The editor CLEARLY has this data in it ... JUST LET US CHANGE IT.

The highlighted line is a Celtic v Rangers neutral venue match, with Celtic in the THIRD kit when that's wholly ridiculous.

Just give us the ability to change, and save, the home kit index number ... and most of us will do it ourselves for our domestic leagues and consider the matter closed for good.

If you guys work on a coding solution, great, but we'll not be complaining either way because we've fixed it ourselves.

awayshirtissues.JPG

1 hour ago, JR866Gunner said:

Was there any fix applied to the conference north/south relegation places?

they are considering it a "bug" that they are working on but if you look at the actual database in advanced they havent even got the correct rules for 20/21 season and the editing is a birdsnest about 3 different version of each comp even though things like the MLS has jsut two for yearly changes.

vor 26 Minuten schrieb Luke Cro:

Why we can't change club logos?

Where is "pictures" folder?

On macs it changed to

Users/YOUR Mac USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/graphics/

2 minutes ago, KUBI said:

League rules? Squad rules? Match rules? 

You need to ask someone who knows the English lower leagues better than I do.

The birds nest that deals with the Nroth/Sotuh league expansion next year thats causing issues for everyone.

4 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

I use ignore option and works 100%. Try to set only team - without division set and first team settings.

I managed to get it going somehow whern i was drunk so i dunno what i did different, Wellington Phoenix seem to just love to be entered in anything they can Oceanic related no matter what i try.

Edited by ratio1618

3 hours ago, Hammer9 said:

Editor 2020 was so slooooooooww...why?.....im waiting for answer. :(

Untitled.png

sometimes setting editor's priority to low helps, but overall yes, it's definitely slower than last year's.

It seems to be quite the resource hog with 1 GB usage at least. Also, when doing big searches, it takes a while before the memory usage (which I have seen run up to 2,5Gb) is released).

I really enjoyed editing this year, a huge step forward from the 17 editor I last used. It was easier to find stuff, I love the suggested results when typing partials and it seemed quicker and more stable.

SI deserve credit for the progress! Not a lot out there make the effort in their editors.

Edited by nine_iron

I'm considering moving to this edition as i'm still using FM 13 editor (Yes i know it's ancient, but I have a fantasy country set up in there and have never been willing to spend the time to essentially remake from scratch).

Is it worth setting the ground work for a custom country now? or should i wait until its tidied up a bit before jumping over? Also does anyone know of a quick way to mass-create or mass-import custom players?

3 hours ago, deanopiero said:

I'm considering moving to this edition as i'm still using FM 13 editor (Yes i know it's ancient, but I have a fantasy country set up in there and have never been willing to spend the time to essentially remake from scratch).

Is it worth setting the ground work for a custom country now? or should i wait until its tidied up a bit before jumping over? Also does anyone know of a quick way to mass-create or mass-import custom players?

I redo mine every 3 years, it took me about 3 days worth of editing to go from empty slate to finished nation.

It helped I did about another days worth of prep in a google sheets template I use to plan leagues, schedules, cups as well as store city, stadium and team data not in the SI database.

2 hours ago, nine_iron said:

I redo mine every 3 years, it took me about 3 days worth of editing to go from empty slate to finished nation.

It helped I did about another days worth of prep in a google sheets template I use to plan leagues, schedules, cups as well as store city, stadium and team data not in the SI database.

What he said.

Also, have you play FM20? You better try the demo, before trying to import everything to FM20.

3 hours ago, nine_iron said:

Ooof, thats some going, nice one. I think prepping in sheets is a very good idea, how many custom created players do you have in there?

At very least that'll help me organise my data easily and see any holes that have cropped up over the years, the longer the database has been around the more i'm dreading a full move to a new version haha, i think i'm up to 82 teams now! 

1 hour ago, grade said:

What he said.

Also, have you play FM20? You better try the demo, before trying to import everything to FM20.

I haven't yet, but yes i agree that's a good idea

Thanks guys :)

• 2 weeks later...

Feature suggestions

1. Allow us to set the youth intake date for a nation.
  2. Have a confirmation dialog for the Nation and League randomize kits option
  3. Allow for setting the Club Vision 'sign nationality' be able to work as a club policy similar to Chivas and Bilbao.

6 hours ago, Gambit said:

Feature suggestions

1. Allow us to set the youth intake date for a nation.
  2. Have a confirmation dialog for the Nation and League randomize kits option
  3. Allow for setting the Club Vision 'sign nationality' be able to work as a club policy similar to Chivas and Bilbao.

Good suggestions. Can I suggest you log them in the feature request forum as well? If you didn't do so already of course.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/353-football-manager-pcmac/

I'm Currently editing some nations and came across the sponsorship tag under transfer and wage values, what does this do exactly? are your sponsor going to help pay your players wages now? Also the sponsorship values are the same value as your wage values.

Edited by Karzy68

• 5 weeks later...