Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
stevemc

FM20 Backgrounds: Stadium Pack

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I’ve been working on a number of background projects, this one is adding stadium pictures to the background of clubs and stadiums throughout the game, I’ve been doing this for my own personal use, but decided to share with the community.

All are 2560x1600 at 227px, which is basically MacBook Pro Retina size, so the quality is superb in most instances. They have been compressed to their smallest file size without loss of quality. It currently covers 211 different countries over the world so it's pretty extensive (930mb in file size) but I am however happy to update this over time, likewise if you notice any errors or any additions you'd like please let me know in this thread and I'll correct/add them.

Steps to add to your game;

1. Download here

2. Unzip and place here: ‎⁨ 

[PC] Documents⁩ ▸ ⁨Sports Interactive⁩ ▸ ⁨Football Manager 2020 ▸ ⁨graphics⁩ ▸ ⁨backgrounds⁩ ▸ ⁨stadium

[MAC] Users ▸ YOURNAME ▸Library ▸ Application Support ▸ Sports Interactive ▸ Football Manager 2020 ▸ graphics ▸ backgrounds ▸ stadium

3. Go to preferences (advanced and select interface) and ensure "Reload Skin" is ticked (you may need to clear your cache too) and click "confirm". As per the below screenshot.

OV1npWq.png

Please note: For these to work you'll need to use a custom or base skin with transparency that supports backgrounds.

If you are going to redistribute these, please ask permission.

Enjoy...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some examples below (these are from Beta):

eCmomr0.jpg

EH1dLYB.jpg

FtmS9A3.jpg

cFR3ZXL.jpg

bzk9G7B.jpg

fhd0GOn.jpg

v0c9DyT.jpg

VC9R9OF.jpg

5kcTTKw.jpg

 

Thanks to @wkdsoul for the Base Skin with transparent background to illustrate how these will work in game.

Edited by stevemc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barnetfan said:

Great pictures, how do you source these pictures?

Tricks of the trade :brock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, yonko said:

Looks nice. Can you show Camp Nou please?

Thanks

Camp Nou :thup:

eqliCPj.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm making a couple of additions to this stadium pack over the weekend (to complete a few more leagues) and will release ready for FM2020 launch next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, stevemc said:

I'm making a couple of additions to this stadium pack over the weekend (to complete a few more leagues) and will release ready for FM2020 launch next week.

Can't wait, some of the leagues that you have covered is fantastic. 

Slight request though, could you potentially release the new additions as a new single update file, and not add them to the main file and re-upload that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Watson156 said:

Can't wait, some of the leagues that you have covered is fantastic. 

Slight request though, could you potentially release the new additions as a new single update file, and not add them to the main file and re-upload that?

Morning mate, thanks, I'll bear this in mind going forward but unfortunately I've already started putting them into the same pack for this release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Morning mate, thanks, I'll bear this in mind going forward but unfortunately I've already started putting them into the same pack for this release.

Ok no worries :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stevemc said:

Morning mate, thanks, I'll bear this in mind going forward but unfortunately I've already started putting them into the same pack for this release.

 

 

On 10/11/2019 at 14:54, stevemc said:

I've got the transparancy thingy but the comps, managers etc aren't working with the game, I use the heffem skin, the fmbase skin or the evo skin and none of them work but the stadiums work fine just the rest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, stockportguy86 said:

 

 

I've got the transparancy thingy but the comps, managers etc aren't working with the game, I use the heffem skin, the fmbase skin or the evo skin and none of them work but the stadiums work fine just the rest

Have you cleared you cache etc? Try swapping to a different skin then swapping back to force it to re-fresh.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Have you cleared you cache etc? Try swapping to a different skin then swapping back to force it to re-fresh.

 

 

I'll download them again see how they do, I'll update you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Have you cleared you cache etc? Try swapping to a different skin then swapping back to force it to re-fresh.

 

 

Dumb moment, I forgot to untick the cache and tick reload skin :idiot:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm using the original football manger light skin but every box is fully transparent on the screen if an enable the custom backgrounds ... any ideas? 

do i need a custom skin or am i missing something? 

thanks for your awesome work anyway
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gergo fmstories said:

i'm using the original football manger light skin but every box is fully transparent on the screen if an enable the custom backgrounds ... any ideas? 

do i need a custom skin or am i missing something? 

thanks for your awesome work anyway
 

Yes you'll need the base skin that allows an opacity background, they'll probably be loads once the game is released but there is one here for now; http://www.mediafire.com/file/dsqp3qb2rzno92r/FM_20_-_Base_Skin_Default.zip/file

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, stevemc said:

Yes you'll need the base skin that allows an opacity background, they'll probably be loads once the game is released but there is one here for now; http://www.mediafire.com/file/dsqp3qb2rzno92r/FM_20_-_Base_Skin_Default.zip/file

hmm... I've downloaded the light version but the issue still occurs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gergo fmstories said:

hmm... I've downloaded the light version but the issue still occurs 

Sorry, it's only on the dark version currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stockportguy86 said:

Is this for every backround like managers, continent, stadiums etc?

No that link is just for the stadium pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey SteveMC, 
First of all, great job! That's beautiful!
I have one problem though. During a game, the background seems to be above the animation so I can't see anything but the background. 
I have the comments and the header but I can't see the field.
Maybe you can help!
Thanks again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vladadam44 said:

Hey SteveMC, 
First of all, great job! That's beautiful!
I have one problem though. During a game, the background seems to be above the animation so I can't see anything but the background. 
I have the comments and the header but I can't see the field.
Maybe you can help!
Thanks again 

I've run into the same situation.  I really like the TCS Skin, but it's too transparent.  Not sure what to do.  I love the background pics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vladadam44 said:

Hey SteveMC, 
First of all, great job! That's beautiful!
I have one problem though. During a game, the background seems to be above the animation so I can't see anything but the background. 
I have the comments and the header but I can't see the field.
Maybe you can help!
Thanks again 

I've not installed the full game yet (still on Beta), but isn't your issue due to this?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Vladadam44 said:

Looks like it!
Thanks for your help!

I've done that but it still shows the 3D with a cast over it for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh ok. It seems like we're gonna have to wait for a fixed version of the Skin. 
At least for me as I'm not an expert at coding. 
Thanks again for your investigation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's doing my head in, had it all sorted on the Beta, now I'm on the full game, I'm getting a black background or a cast over the 3D so I can't see the 3D games. Basically exactly as the FMScout download...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Vladadam44 said:

Just did, and same issue. I can't see the field/players, it's covered. 
Let's be patient I guess!

 

@Johnny Ace 

Think it may have been sorted now, try this: 

 

Edited by stevemc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, stevemc said:

 

@Johnny Ace 

Think it may have been sorted now, try this: 

 

Is this the only skin out there that supports stevemc's background pack and a 3d match engine?  I'm really at a loss to find some Skins that still allow me to use background packs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Enos said:

Is this the only skin out there that supports stevemc's background pack and a 3d match engine?  I'm really at a loss to find some Skins that still allow me to use background packs.

i found the fix less than 18 hours ago, give it a bit of time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

i found the fix less than 18 hours ago, give it a bit of time. 

I'm sorry.  I just don't have an idea of how hard/easy a problem this is to solve.  I'm not a skilled skinner so please don't take my questions as complaints.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Enos said:

Is this the only skin out there that supports stevemc's background pack and a 3d match engine?  I'm really at a loss to find some Skins that still allow me to use background packs.

Dark is acutally dark, Heffem and this skin would work with the backgrounds once you clicked higher opacity

would work with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great. Thank you.

One question though. I would like to change the pic from one stadium, is it possible? And if it is, how?

Thanks in advance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Adelino said:

This is great. Thank you.

One question though. I would like to change the pic from one stadium, is it possible? And if it is, how?

Thanks in advance.

 

Just download a new picture and rename it to the same name as the current picture you want to replace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...